Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-06, 00:07   Link #181
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitokirigirl
The spider gang did really own one pair (the one sold in auction)? Or all the clan's ?
Hey... :O

If the Spiders raided Kuruta Clan for their eyeballs, how come a pair ended up in the auction?

If the Spiders sold it, why buy them again?
Old 2006-09-06, 01:40   Link #182
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by feitang
Wait till you read the manga....your current questions will be doubled...the manga ain't finished yet...i've already finished the OVA series up to the end of the Greed Island adventure of Gon and Killua...Their friendship is so amazing!!! Just can't get enough of them....

Hope it wont be long for the mangaka to continue making the story and published it...

Fan of Killua huh ? you're right
so the manga is still ongoing, good.

Thanks for the info, I'd really like to see a second season or something
hitokirigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 08:32   Link #183
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Has it been nine months already since the last chapter? Come to think of it, Togashi and his wife Takeuchi Naoko (of Sailor Moon fame) had a baby boy in 2001. He would be about 5 and beginning elementary school now. So Togashi would be a very busy dad.

In terms of commitment, he's an excellent dad but a crap mangaka - the thing is he's so successful he can actually get away with it.

Ideally, when he returns, I hope he would pretend that the bug arc never existed and start from the end of the GI arc again.

If he does return and still continues his one chapter per (2 weeks to 2 months) schedule, I'm afraid I still won't be able to see the HxH ending by the time I retire and receive my pension.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 18:53   Link #184
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
ei....what about the anime? aren't they gonna continue it?
Well, as I mentioned before, per my sources, the anime is on hold until the Mangaka gets better. The manga is also on hold too. IE, nothing moves until he's healthy again.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 12:00   Link #185
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Well, as I mentioned before, per my sources, the anime is on hold until the Mangaka gets better. The manga is also on hold too. IE, nothing moves until he's healthy again.
Sorry, but too lazy to browse the previous pages ^^"
What do you mean by "anime is on hold" ? is there any project to a future hxh anime ? I mean a second season or so ?

I thought the serie+3 oav set were definitely the end of the anime (and manga still running)
Old 2006-09-07, 17:23   Link #186
jpwong

Quote:
Sorry, but too lazy to browse the previous pages ^^"
What do you mean by "anime is on hold" ? is there any project to a future hxh anime ? I mean a second season or so ?

I thought the serie+3 oav set were definitely the end of the anime (and manga still running)
He means the next OVA which will cover approximatly half the ant arc in a similar fashion to how the Greed Island and G.I.Final OVAs were done.
Old 2006-09-07, 18:54   Link #187
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

By "anime on hold" I mean that all production on the next OVA is on hold until the mangaka, aka the guy who draws the manga, gets better.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 00:17   Link #188
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong
He means the next OVA which will cover approximatly half the ant arc in a similar fashion to how the Greed Island and G.I.Final OVAs were done.
Quote:
By "anime on hold" I mean that all production on the next OVA is on hold until the mangaka, aka the guy who draws the manga, gets better.
Well, that' quite good to hear, as long as they keep animating the manga.

Just watched 4 eps from the OAV 1 serie, hmm, some characters were weirdly animated (compared to the regular serie)
Old 2006-09-08, 19:53   Link #189
feitang
I'm a hunter!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to feitang
Quote:
Fan of Killua huh ? you're right
so the manga is still ongoing, good.

Thanks for the info, I'd really like to see a second season or something
yep...but not just killua...but also gon...i envy their friendship... that's why among all animes i like hunter x hunter most...
feitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 20:09   Link #190
feitang
I'm a hunter!!!

Quote:
is he really that sick that it took him 6 months already to continue making the manga? *sigh...hope he's well already.....
Old 2006-09-09, 08:44   Link #191
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Still watching OAV 1 serie...
eps 6 was kinda funny : Hisoka asks for help Killua's brother, to keep the Spider's boss alive, so he can kill him.

WTF, that situation is really hilarious. Too bad Killua is on bad terms with his bro.

Last edited by hitokirigirl; 2006-09-12 at 06:09.
Old 2006-09-11, 16:43   Link #192
feitang
I'm a hunter!!!

Ei....just a question.. I heard in some other forums that Feitang of Genei Ryodan is the lost brother of killua? We'll you might think of this as well if you have read the Ants arc...=)
Old 2006-09-11, 22:58   Link #193
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Quote:
Ei....just a question.. I heard in some other forums that Feitang of Genei Ryodan is the lost brother of killua? We'll you might think of this as well if you have read the Ants arc...=)
Really? I don't think so. I recall him being with the other member in Shooting Star (Meteor or whatever ) Island. It was in the first OVA when Pakunoda was remembering their first meeting with the danchou... or something.
Old 2006-09-15, 13:37   Link #194
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Heck, I never expected the last oav's to turn into a RPG arc

All the tension of the end of the serie and OAV1 was wasted IMO.
Pakunoda's part was really sad, and I wonder how Kurapica's gonna deal with the not-so-bad Spider team...
Old 2007-01-15, 18:08   Link #195
Kurapica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
I'll see what I can find out. I can't guarentee anything, but miracles do happen, so I may come across something by accident.

As for whoever it was that mentioned about how long the series is scheduled to go, the mangaka already said that after this arc is just one more and that's the one that leads Gon to finally meet his dad. Once that happens, the series is over. That's already been confirmed and set in stone. How they're going to get there however has not last I knew.
I have never, ever heard of this before. There is more to resolve, Leorio, Kurapica-Spider arc, Hisoka vs. Kuroro and Hisoka vs. Gon. When did the mangaka state that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by feitang View Post
This is completely false. Feitang is in no way related to Killua. Killua's lost brother is younger as he is and older than Karuto. Feitang is 28 or something like that. Also, if he were Killua's brother Karuto would have tried to talk him into coming back to their family as one of his objectives is to get his brothers back.

It's completely false.
Kurapica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 18:43   Link #196
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Wow, has it been that long since I read the manga? I seriously can't remember anything about Killua having a little brother?

Was it mentioned in the latest arc? I dunno, maybe because of the bad art I didn't notice. When a manga is scribbled instead of drawn I tend to lose concentration.

Can't wait for it to continue though. Hurry up and kill off this Ant-king and bring back Hisoka!
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 19:54   Link #197
jpwong

I wouldn't count on anything anytime soon. It's been what, a year since the last manga chapter came out almost now? We can only hope that we'll see something like 1 or 2 chapters a year.
Old 2007-01-16, 04:26   Link #198
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
Can't wait for it to continue though. Hurry up and kill off this Ant-king and bring back Hisoka!
The end of ant-king can still be considered as being part of the near future, but with mangaka's illness, Hisoka part can only be a part of another mangaka's future plot. I hope we don't see the death of any of the main characters just to finish the story asap.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 03:39   Link #199
feitang
I'm a hunter!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
The end of ant-king can still be considered as being part of the near future, but with mangaka's illness, Hisoka part can only be a part of another mangaka's future plot. I hope we don't see the death of any of the main characters just to finish the story asap.

I don't know if this info is correct but I just heard that the mangaka of Hunter X Hunter is dead already that's why the anime story isn't moving at all...is this true?

we'll hope not...I really wanted this anime to continue...
Old 2007-02-01, 16:06   Link #200
Xelsol

They say he's sick so he can't finish his manga, they say he's a father so he can't finish his manga, I think he just got bored with it. Hell, if I had to draw comics everyday for a few years, I'd probably want a break too. I don't see how Kishimoto and Oda manage.
Xelsol is offline   Reply With Quote