Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-09, 18:29   Link #141
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
O_O The manga is still not finished?! Wow... I read until the Ants arc when
Yeah, it's still going, but Togashi hasn't released a new chapter in over 6 months now I think.
Old 2006-08-10, 07:12   Link #142
PinoyPuffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong
Viz has released up to volume 9. Not sure what Japan is at, 23 I think for the actual volume releases.
Hey JPW don't suppose you know how far ahead volume 9 is? Just wondering because i've only read i think 5 of the manga ..
i've seen all the anime and thats what originally got me into it, but i want to know how much further does the manga take it? How many books does it take to finish off the GI Final part.. anybody know ?

like is the guy they find after leaving Greed Island really the father? Not just some random guy named 'Nig'
PinoyPuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 07:13   Link #143
PinoyPuffy

and Killua is the BESTEST EVEREST! lol :P but Gon is still awsome in his own way. especially how he sticks to his own view of thinking and constantly brings everyone into his own pace.

Plus his special move lol so funny
Old 2006-08-10, 08:15   Link #144
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyPuffy
Hey JPW don't suppose you know how far ahead volume 9 is? Just wondering because i've only read i think 5 of the manga ..
i've seen all the anime and thats what originally got me into it, but i want to know how much further does the manga take it? How many books does it take to finish off the GI Final part.. anybody know ?

like is the guy they find after leaving Greed Island really the father? Not just some random guy named 'Nig'
Vol 9 doesn't even take you to the end of the TV series. Last chapter details Kuripika's nen trainning. I don't have time to check right now, I think the end of GI Final is in or around Vol 20, since Vol 21 and up seems to have covers depticting the arc after that.
Old 2006-08-10, 09:24   Link #145
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
GI Final Arc ends in around Chapter 185 (somewhere there, not sure, though) of the manga in Volume 18, I think. Immediately after that is the Ant Arc, which is still running currently.
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 13:45   Link #146
misori
Extreme Tea Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to misori Send a message via Yahoo to misori
WELL, all I've got to say is I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE HxH. I could give explanations as to why (like how strange/touching/etc. Gon and Killua's friendship is) or how cool the charas are... or how the concept of the plot is pretty unique... and write a 10 page essay expanding on those things, but no. xD I just adore HxH, and was glad that I accidentally came across it. xD No regrets~!! xD I'd stumble across it again if I could~

-edit- And I'm hoping for a 4th OVA~ xD Guess that'll maybe happen when the manga's finished?
misori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 18:45   Link #147
Kurapica

Those that haven't should check out the hxh musicals. You can find the torrents on the animesuki homepage. It's a bit dated, but good fun while waiting for Togashi to go back to work again. It features the real voice actors.
Kurapica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 00:24   Link #148
Zython
Card-carrying Hunter

Quote:
but once again i guess i'll contradict myself considering if you read the manga it becomes extremely violent and i don't even know if by jap. tv standards they could air it.
The stuff they already aired was liberally edited compared to the manga. Examples:

1. I don't know if they show the Hisoka vs. Kastro fight in full, since I switched to the licensed manga around the Zolydeck (sp?) mansion arc. However, from what I saw peeking at other episodes, they didn't. This was probably because
Spoiler:
Again, I could be wrong about this, but from my POV, this is what it looks like (which is a shame, since the Hisoka/Kastro fight was pure awesome).

2. In the Genei Ryoudan arc, when Ubogin
Spoiler:
Zython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 03:27   Link #149
PinoyPuffy

I've actually seen those 'musicals' somewhere before. not actually watched them but saw them where i downloaded HxH.

What ARE the musicals? i just assumed they were the OST's or something =S
Old 2006-08-21, 18:02   Link #150
k1i8l7lu

I heard they stopped work on Hunter x Hunter because Togashi is sick or something, true?
k1i8l7lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 10:54   Link #151
HXHFMP
a world's hunt

Quote:
I heard they stopped work on Hunter x Hunter because Togashi is sick or something, true?
So everybody been saying but i think togashi is just lying somewhere and not caring much.

Quote:
Those that haven't should check out the hxh musicals. You can find the torrents on the animesuki homepage. It's a bit dated, but good fun while waiting for Togashi to go back to work again. It features the real voice actors.
oh man i really loved it and seeing hisoka was the funniest thing in this whole play. gon' character was cool too and look at the same attitude in the anime. looks like evrything those guys do are perfect.
HXHFMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 14:33   Link #152
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1i8l7lu
Does that even have a basis in fact? I know I keep seeing this health thing everywhere, but I've also heard that it's just a rumour that spiraled out of control as "most plausible rumour" as to why we have had sporadic released for over a year now.

I dunno, but if the Takubon volumes are comming out on schedual still, it seems to me that he might be spending a lot of his time redoing all the cells for that since what we see in the weekly publication really only seems to pass as a rough draft.

In any case, I doubt Togashi's health would stall any sort of anime production, they have the material to press onward, and I suppose if it came down to it, they have enough material to go on to make their own ending, without the manga's help.
Old 2006-08-23, 06:30   Link #153
Zeifear

*Spoiler Warning*

Wth!!! That was the most inconclusive series I've ever seen. I mean, what happened with Hisoka and the Spiders? What about Kurapica and Leorio? Adn of course, what of Gon's father? (Or does it go past that point in the manga? I'm obviously talking about the animation)
Zeifear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 06:40   Link #154
Lilith
Your average fangirl

The questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeifear
*Spoiler Warning*

Wth!!! That was the most inconclusive series I've ever seen. I mean, what happened with Hisoka and the Spiders? What about Kurapica and Leorio? Adn of course, what of Gon's father?
The answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeifear
(Or does it go past that point in the manga? I'm obviously talking about the animation)
Hee hee. However, some/all of these questions aren't answered yet because the manga isn't finished yet.
Old 2006-08-23, 06:57   Link #155
Zeifear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
Hee hee. However, some/all of these questions aren't answered yet because the manga isn't finished yet.
Aww, well then, I will state now that I might be bugging you for answers. >=)
Zeifear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 10:14   Link #156
Kurapica

Quote:
Originally Posted by HXHFMP
So everybody been saying but i think togashi is just lying somewhere and not caring much.

oh man i really loved it and seeing hisoka was the funniest thing in this whole play. gon' character was cool too and look at the same attitude in the anime. looks like evrything those guys do are perfect.
Good to hear. There is also another musical that focusses on Kurapica and the Spiders. Unfortunately it isn't subbed.

Btw, do you also post at animenation? I think I've seen that nickname somewhere before.
Kurapica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 21:24   Link #157
p1rate

Hunter x hunter is greed island final the "FINAL" ??

Hi, i just finished watching the last of the hxh ova´s and i was just wondering if thats it ???

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-08-27 at 21:44. Reason: Search for an existing thread next time or God will kill a kitten.
p1rate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 21:40   Link #158
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Currently, for the anime, yes.

The good news is that the manga has entered a new arc. The bad news is due to mangaka's illness, the manga has been stalled for the last few months. When this last arc finishes (either by the current mangaka Togashi or someone else that can take over when the mangaka finally decides to leave for his great adventure), you can expect the start of a new great ova.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 21:57   Link #159
p1rate

Ahh im thrilled (however thats spelled)... Ta for the info
p1rate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 22:52   Link #160
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Actually, based on the last tidbit of info (and this is a bit dated since I haven't been able to stay up to speed on anything anime for a long while) I have, the next OVA should already be in production. The manga has already passed the cuttoff point for this OVA, so they should either be, or have finalized the script and begun work on the animation. I'd expect to hear something in late 2007 if my guesses are right. Then again my info's a bit dated, so things may have changed since then.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote