Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-07-13, 13:59   Link #4641
Kytherno
12th Supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
Does she...? Which manga? Might consider actually reading it, if that's the case...
It's Code Geass Lelouch of Rebellion made by MAJIKO!.

I checked onemanga.com, but the mangas seem different.

It's probably cause i got an American-made manga.
Kytherno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 13:13   Link #4642
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Does she...? Which manga? Might consider actually reading it, if that's the case...
The AU manga with the same title as the series; it removes the Knightmare Frames and many of the battles in favor of more Ashford Academy school/romancey things.

I personally think it's awful. Humungous Mecha are pretty damn integral to the story of Code Geass and without them... it's just not Code Geass.
Old 2009-07-14, 18:31   Link #4643
Kytherno
12th Supernova

The one i read didn't have mechas in it.

But that might just be because it was when Mao was challenging lelouch for the first time in it.

So, is there a Code Geass manga in America with all of the action?
Kytherno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 18:38   Link #4644
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytherno View Post
The one i read didn't have mechas in it.

But that might just be because it was when Mao was challenging lelouch for the first time in it.

So, is there a Code Geass manga in America with all of the action?
There's the manga with no Knightmares, the manga where Nunnally is awesome (and pretty much everything else runs on pure Rule of Cool), the one where Suzaku is the star, and the one with samurai.
Old 2009-07-14, 18:48   Link #4645
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Actually, the only manga with mecha in it is Knightmare of Nunnally, I think.

Ah, I thought you might be talking about a new one, Kytherno. Yeah, I've read some of the one you've mentioned, and I quite like the artwork, but... I dunno. It just seems less... epic, or something, without the mecha.

Knightmare of Nunnally... scares me. Mainly because of Lelouch + muscles
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 23:28   Link #4646
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Knightmare of Nunnally... scares me. Mainly because of Lelouch + muscles
It's like a bizarro or mirror world Lelouch
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 07:25   Link #4647
CC
♥ 無情この世はすべて
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
ROFL if I remember well, this one is the one with the unknown third person. (Though with R2 this unknown third person turned certainly as Marianne...aaah plot holes)
So yeah, deductions can't always be right I guess.

On another note I learnt again to love C.C. during this week end; Thanks to many things I realized she wasn't what some of her fans made of her, and that's why she is great again for me.
I just wish her role in R2 was more develloped though; eating pizza and hugging Cheese Kun was really...odd, at times.
I, too, am disappointed at the lack of development for CC during R2 - they seemed to be going somewhere with her back in S1, then it went... well, full stop/horribly wrong in R2. C.C. isn't the only one who suffered this, though, most characters alongside the story line did, so I suppose I can just chalk it up to R2's failing as a whole.

CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 11:54   Link #4648
Xander

There was certainly a difference in how C.C. and other characters were treated in Code Geass R2, compared to the first season, but I don't really think it was a matter of having no development per se as much as compressing and rushing it through.

In other words, the basic concept was still fine, but its execution was lacking. Lelouch and C.C. became closer in terms of their mutual understanding and that allowed her to finally regain an appreciation for humanity. It would have been better if more screentime and exposition had been dedicated to making this point, of course, perhaps even in a different and clearer way, but I wouldn't say that this went against what had been set up during the first season.

The issue of C.C.'s name is probably the biggest sticking point, but in retrospect, it could easily be argued that the point behind keeping that a secret would be making her relationship with Lelouch that much more unique. Of course, even without having to publicly reveal the name the fact is the actual subject could and should have been directly addressed, which shows it was done sloppily regardless of that being a valid interpretation.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 01:01   Link #4649
NettoSaito
Black Knight

Send a message via MSN to NettoSaito
I kind of wonder about her name though. I mean I wonder if it's possible to find out or if they never even thought of a name for her. A lot of the time when making anime or cartoons they draw different mouth movements for different sounds in order to make it appear more realistic. So this makes me wonder. In the episode when Lelouch says her name (with no sound) you can see his mouth move. If they really did have any kind of form to the way his mouth moved, then it would be possible to find out her real name. Then again it's possible that they just threw in random animation and never truly planed a name to start with.
NettoSaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 01:05   Link #4650
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NettoSaito View Post
I kind of wonder about her name though. I mean I wonder if it's possible to find out or if they never even thought of a name for her. A lot of the time when making anime or cartoons they draw different mouth movements for different sounds in order to make it appear more realistic. So this makes me wonder. In the episode when Lelouch says her name (with no sound) you can see his mouth move. If they really did have any kind of form to the way his mouth moved, then it would be possible to find out her real name. Then again it's possible that they just threw in random animation and never truly planed a name to start with.
No, I don't think we can really infer anything from the lip flaps. But some early designs of C.C. had her name as "Sera," but it's still not anything definitive.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 03:20   Link #4651
Neku
yare yare..

C.C.. C2...

Let's just hope it isn't C Square, or Shih-Tzu

Will her name forever remain a mystery, or would it be a reason for them to create an OVA/movie just to explain it? Maybe they're just lazy to create a meaningful name >__>
Old 2009-08-25, 03:28   Link #4652
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku View Post
C.C.. C2...

Will her name forever remain a mystery, or would it be a reason for them to create an OVA/movie just to explain it? Maybe they're just lazy to create a meaningful name >__>
"Sera," according to production art. What does it matter, though? It's just a name in the end. As soon as you learn it, then it just doesn't seem so mysterious.
Old 2009-08-25, 03:46   Link #4653
Neku
yare yare..

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
"Sera," according to production art. What does it matter, though? It's just a name in the end. As soon as you learn it, then it just doesn't seem so mysterious.
I believe Sera, like Nobody stated, was a name from early designs.

..and my curiousity knows no bounds. As soon as I learn it, it may not be as mysterious, but it'd still quenched my desire to know
Old 2009-09-02, 20:35   Link #4654
ImmortalFire

I always did wonder about her name too, but I really payed no attention to it.
ImmortalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 02:02   Link #4655
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
C.C.. C2...

I think there's a high probability of doing something like that whenever they try to milk Geass a little more. An ova with three episodes showing how C.C lived and stuff? That would be really nice. AND, the best part of it, they could show more about Mao(yeah, i liked him) and even change some of Marianne/Charles plan to look less ridiculous, hehe.

I don't think it will happen though, hehe. Don't know why, but i can't see it happening... It would be awesome though.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 06:04   Link #4656
pacific
Banned

Quote:
C.C.. C2...

An OVA for C.C.'s name only? That would be a bit stretched. An OVA with C.C's past though, would be totally plausible. It all depends, on the milky days of Sunrise.
pacific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 07:15   Link #4657
Neku
yare yare..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific View Post
An OVA for C.C.'s name only? That would be a bit stretched. An OVA with C.C's past though, would be totally plausible. It all depends, on the milky days of Sunrise.
Why not?
Her name would mean her past too.
Old 2009-09-03, 07:19   Link #4658
pacific
Banned

Quote:
Why not?
Her name would mean her past too.
I think, it is mostly the way you worded it originally. 8D
But yeah, gives us Geass OVAs Sunrise, we want your milk. /and especially, when it comes to C.C's past, there are major things left out
pacific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 07:21   Link #4659
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
viewing C.C's past would also mean that we dont see any of the other characters
which wouldnt work very well, since C.C doesnt work well as a focus character

dont hurt me about saying this, but i think that C.C isnt a very interesting character to watch as a lead
there are plenty of interesting things ABOUT her character, but AS a character she doesnt do much
its in fact PART of her character, and something that only lelouch cured her of
her utter lack of motivation to do anything save trying to die, makes her a poor choice of character to drive the story
its no surprise that there are 4 different manga versions of the story, and she's not the lead in any of them
lead characters need to be active, and C.C does not fit the bill
Old 2009-09-03, 21:02   Link #4660
ZeBird0
In a tree

True dat, but she makes a great supporting character
When I think about it now, CC seems kinda emo with the whole, I want to die thing, in the beginning. I understand where she's coming from, it's just... I don't know.
I must say an OVA, any OVA, would be nice.