2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-29, 15:40   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Utawarerumono Episode 18 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Utawarerumono, Episode 18.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Game or Manga out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Game / Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:
Old 2006-07-29, 16:52   Link #2
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Any particular reason why this episode's thread is two days early?
Old 2006-07-29, 17:05   Link #3
Kensuke

Hmm, I want some light to Karura's indentity. From the preview it looks like it is Karura episode.
Old 2006-07-29, 17:32   Link #4
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
Any particular reason why this episode's thread is two days early?
Yes. It's early so you can "discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired." (see the first post) And it hasn't aired. Yet. Soooooooooooooo.....feel free to air out your desires for the next episode. Maybe even some guesses as to which way the clock will tick. What you'd like to see resolved, who is hot and who is not, etc, etc, etc...

You're very welcome. Cheers.
Old 2006-07-29, 20:06   Link #5
Lost

^ Well, thank you very much!

Eh, like Kensuke I hope to see more development of Karura in this episode; probably in terms of her history and what made her this way.

Oh yeah.. And this is the 18th episode, so I'd be expecting the start of the final plot arc, possibly in the last few minutes of this episode. Hopefully. Tho it'll mean days of long and worrying waits between episode releases. Plus the indescribably lousy feeling of discovering the fansub release and not being able to do anything atm because you're in school.
Old 2006-07-29, 20:09   Link #6
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
hmm expectations...i expect death and destruction...compliments of hakuoro's demon side

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-07-29, 20:48   Link #7
EvolutionXI

yah, i hope we're told a bit more about Karura's background..maybe some reason why she told Eruruu that she just forgot about things like what country shes from and all. I think they might introduce the next story arc near the end of the ep, if not throughout the whole thing, too.
Old 2006-07-30, 00:10   Link #8
passin'gass
Cropduster

I have no idea of the timeline in the first 17 episodes (best guess 10-14 months) but Hakuoro should not be able to afford another war at this point.

I mean, come on! Three conflicts in such a short time should have drained his country's fighting-age manpower by at least 50% especially that gruelling last one.
Old 2006-07-30, 23:22   Link #9
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Yes. It's early so you can "discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired." (see the first post) And it hasn't aired. Yet. Soooooooooooooo.....feel free to air out your desires for the next episode. Maybe even some guesses as to which way the clock will tick. What you'd like to see resolved, who is hot and who is not, etc, etc, etc...
Scooooorrreee.

Well let's look at things logically. 9 episodes left. Previews suggest some kind of revolt that may (or may not) revolve around Oboro and Karura. There's obviously two central figures in this new plotline. One guy who uses a black boad-thing as a weapon, the other is a leader.............sitting alone.............TOTALLY stoned!

My hopes is that they're going to devote 2 (at most, 3) episodes to this arc, then the remainder will focus more on something with a bit of an apocalyptic twist to it. One more general war story, then it's time for the main course.

It feels slightly cliche to me seeing this anime being told section by section. One part is over, then you move on to the next. I would've personally enjoyed something that would carry itself over throughout the entire series, but this is how they did it, and in the end it's really not that bad. But I guess I'm just going through what I had hoped, like everyone else has. :x
Old 2006-07-31, 16:20   Link #10
Toonleap

Episode 18 marks Karura´s arc and for what I saw...
Spoiler for Karura rulez here:

Be warned that there are screenshots that could spoil the fun, but this episode looks great.......if not, pretty hot... ...
Old 2006-07-31, 16:47   Link #11
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

mmm Karura action. There's always room for that

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2006-07-31, 17:14   Link #12
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Hakuoro is own

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-31, 17:30   Link #13
Omniscient

Episode 18 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-31, 18:20   Link #14
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/2...rge2019hg1.jpg

They got owned...methinks. Big time. Those three must be having haemorrhoids, ulcers and an aneurysm just thinking that they got left behind...
Old 2006-07-31, 20:54   Link #15
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
*Looks at screenshots*

OMG! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Eruruu! Get lost!! You're messing all the fun!

Karura Super-Overpower Rulez!!!
Old 2006-07-31, 21:26   Link #16
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Karura Is The Meaning Of Sexy
Old 2006-07-31, 22:34   Link #17
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Just finished watching the silent RAW version of the episode (why do people record w/o the audio? ~_~ ). As I suspected, it is likely to be a two-part substory (or at most, 3 part. I don't see how it can carry itself over more than three episodes). Just wished we could hear what the people were saying. Hopefully other torrents and Yesy will get done with their release in a few days time.

Spoilers b/c the release is less than 24 hours ago:
Spoiler:

All in all, an all-harem episode with some new and old people putting the bustamoves on anonymous soldiers. :P I will put further comments and give my overall score later, since it's like watching a silent film where you think the roll got stuck in the machine until their mouths start moving again. ;P

EDIT: Nevermind, the RAW I have actually did have sound. Odd how Video Lan Client (the player I watch 80% of my media in) doesn't play the audio and Movie Player doesn't play the video. It's still annoying to have to run both players simultaneously to get the whole impression so I'm still gonna wait for a better version (or unless someone can assist in rectifying this issue :x ) before I give my entire opinion on it.

I'll say this though:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Zaris; 2006-07-31 at 23:22.
Old 2006-08-01, 00:58   Link #18
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Benawi's reaction upon seeing them gone = ACE.
Old 2006-08-01, 03:34   Link #19
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Yeah, because that means that he's going to take care of all the administration stuff Hakuoro usually does himself... Remember two episodes ago?
Old 2006-08-01, 03:40   Link #20
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaoh
Yeah, because that means that he's going to take care of all the administration stuff Hakuoro usually does himself... Remember two episodes ago?
I remember when hes doing the work when Eruruu were together just as Oboro comes in. he was working then another guy comes in with more and he snaped the ...uh writing thing and the guy jumped and pissed him self(not realy) that was funny as hell