AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-29, 23:21   Link #2601
Shadow5YA

The way middle school kids are drawn compared to high schoolers, Touma would be a lot taller than everyone else.

I don't see how Tsuchimikado can expect Touma to blend in with Tokiwadai students.
Old 2010-03-29, 23:42   Link #2602
tsunade666

If the middle schoolers are the same height of as mikoto then it should be fine. But the point is mikoto is tall enough for her age. Touma would stand out and it will be funny if his been broadcasted by the blimp of the academy city. That shows the event.
Old 2010-03-29, 23:47   Link #2603
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Apparently, according to someone from TVTropes, Touma does meet Saten in one of the Side Story chapters.
Spoiler for The culprit:

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-03-29, 23:57   Link #2604
Bordix

Catching up since my last post.

I found extremely funny that Touma just passed by and Accelerator suddenly goes ape shit on him. Fukou-da Anyway, can someone give a detailed summary of Accelerator vs Touma 2? I find it hard to believe he just managed to outbalance him then proceeds to beating the emo out him. I mean that's just lame man. Please someone tell me he did something smart-ass. It just screams plot-armor (again)

Quote:
Touma: “A Level 0 like me that can be found everywhere, do you really think I’m that great?!
yyeaahhh...

Also, how exactly did that misaka [worst] clone kill herself? shot herself? Blew herself up? Nothin I'm just curious.
Old 2010-03-30, 01:34   Link #2605
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
If the middle schoolers are the same height of as mikoto then it should be fine. But the point is mikoto is tall enough for her age. Touma would stand out and it will be funny if his been broadcasted by the blimp of the academy city. That shows the event.
Isn't Touma still significantly taller than Mikoto, who is also tall for her age? I always thought the height different was huge.

Anyway, I'm also wondering how Misaka Worst killed herself in vol20. Also, if Accelerator can reprogram the mind of Misaka Worst, isn't he operating on the level he was at before he took the bullet to his head?
Old 2010-03-30, 02:13   Link #2606
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Yep. So it would take him a few minutes to reprogram her, which is too slow compared to one second it takes to Misaka Worst to pull off a suicide.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-03-30, 02:41   Link #2607
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

As of now, 39%
Old 2010-03-30, 02:55   Link #2608
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Yep. So it would take him a few minutes to reprogram her, which is too slow compared to one second it takes to Misaka Worst to pull off a suicide.
Why couldn't Accel just render her unconscious before he started reprogramming her brain?
Old 2010-03-30, 03:19   Link #2609
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I wonder too. I think he doesn't know how to deliver a death touch. >.<
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2010-03-30, 03:30   Link #2610
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
I wonder too. I think he doesn't know how to deliver a death touch. >.<
If Accelerator knew Dim Mak, we won't see Touma anymore after the first Sisters arc.

On the other hand if Touma knows it instead...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-03-30, 03:39   Link #2611
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Touma knows two, actually. It's "I'll destroy your illusions!" touch and "All you girls are belong to me" touch.

Old 2010-03-30, 05:10   Link #2612
Ashaman

Quote:
Touma knows two, actually. It's "I'll destroy your illusions!" touch and "All you girls are belong to me" touch.
lol.

for the vol 9 middle school thing, if it is Tokidawa, then they are probably posing as students from a rival school.
Old 2010-03-30, 05:24   Link #2613
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

^And you're right... 50% done
Old 2010-03-30, 06:47   Link #2614
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Isn't Touma still significantly taller than Mikoto, who is also tall for her age? I always thought the height different was huge.

Anyway, I'm also wondering how Misaka Worst killed herself in vol20. Also, if Accelerator can reprogram the mind of Misaka Worst, isn't he operating on the level he was at before he took the bullet to his head?
Quote:
He can't do that anymore. If you read the part of the translated vol 13. Where accel find out about the documents about virus and angel. He said that he can't remove the virus anymore. He could probably do it before the brain damage. But with his current state he couldn't do it.

Thanks teh_ping for the translation. Its funny when touma and tsuchimikado are their with the middle schoolers. Aren't they supposed to stand out? Maybe that's why biribiri easily spotted touma.
Old 2010-03-30, 07:22   Link #2615
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Interestingly, the sports festival rules say that schools aren't separated by their level, meaning that middle schoolers can fight with high schoolers. But in the case of Tokiwadai which are filled with powerful Espers, age doesn't matte

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
HsB-02 is not '6 Wings'. It's the bomber jet that they used to bomb a certain place in vol. 14.
The "Earth Blade" is basically a giant air blade with iron sand mixed in, used on HsB-02. When traveling fast enough (10000km/h), the blade can reach 8000℃, turning everything in its path into magma.
You mean that plane has a giant 'sword' sticking out from undernearth

Quote:
'6 Wings' is HsAFH-11. It's an unmanned attack heli used within AC.
/facepalm

Why did everyone tell me it was a plane...-_-

Quote:
HsF-00 is a giant (around 80m in length) high speed fighter jet that can do stuff like moving forward on its side and spinning like a top, along with a long firing range for its weapons.
Normally, even if the plane can withstand these movements at a high speed, the pilot can't. So in order to overcome this limitation, the pilot's body is frozen at -70℃, relying on machines to keep them alive, leaving only their brain operational. But even then, part of their computations are also assisted by machines (similar to Accelerator).
Damn, I can't even begin to imagine a monster like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSamurai View Post
In one of the anime episodes you can here Komo-sensei talking in the background about how in (random year I can't remember right now) America switched over to some new material for their esper cards to prevent something or another. I'll search for the episode later, but she did talk about the US having esper cards which means they do exist outside AC and that AC is not the only one studying them.

As I recall, She was saying how the Americans switch to a different material for for their cards to prevent people from cheating.
Old 2010-03-30, 07:54   Link #2616
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

HsF-00 is definitely the leader in mansicle piloting technology.

Old 2010-03-30, 09:42   Link #2617
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
He can't do that anymore. If you read the part of the translated vol 13. Where accel find out about the documents about virus and angel. He said that he can't remove the virus anymore. He could probably do it before the brain damage. But with his current state he couldn't do it.

Thanks teh_ping for the translation. Its funny when touma and tsuchimikado are their with the middle schoolers. Aren't they supposed to stand out? Maybe that's why biribiri easily spotted touma.
Then how could he even attempt to reprogram Misaka Worst if he can't? I don't recall Accel having a Testament with him in vol. 20.

Thanks teh_ping for the translation. I love how Mikoto and Touma got so upset when they realized thy were opponent.
Old 2010-03-30, 09:58   Link #2618
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

accelerator couldn't do it in vol 13 because there wasn't enough juice in the battery to last the programming process.
Old 2010-03-30, 10:38   Link #2619
tsunade666

that's one of the reason but in his state in vol 13. His computing ability doesn't met the necessary requirement. Its like a computer running on minimum requirements. And when he tried to attamp to alter the command in vol 20. His much stronger and had his black wings already. If you had the recommended or better specs then your computer wouldn't lag or would run smooth. Its just like that. With small time left and half of his full strength. Its impossible for him to do it in vol 13.

btw: what is the secret document that accel got his hands on that aleister wants back.
Old 2010-03-30, 14:26   Link #2620
Miraluka
Banned

Gremlin Report???
I want to know too .
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen