AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 60 45.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 19.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 19.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 6.87%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-11, 21:51   Link #181
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Is it me or Manami's grandfather just can't wait to have Kyosuke as his grandson-in-law?
Old 2010-11-12, 02:07   Link #182
Itlandm
Porcupine

I am glad I watched this. If the whole anime had been like this episode, it would have been my favorite series this season.

Generally I don't recommend sleeping together with friends of your preferred gender. Most people move randomly in their sleep, and it is all too easy to end up in a position that will be impossible to forget, even if nothing happens then and there.

That said, the two of them come across as very mature (which they also hint at by calling each other "old woman" and "old man").

I would say there is a form of love between Kyosuke and Manami, but it is all "ai" and no "koi". In today's western-influence Japan, this is probably considered a bad thing. I disagree with that actually. Friendship is more predictive of a long and happy marriage than passion is.

But even without marriage and the things associated with it, having a best friend of the opposite sex is a good thing. Men and women naturally fill each other's missing spots, so to speak, so having a close friend like this is good for one's happiness even if one is celibate.

I found the whole episode very pleasant. I wish there were more shows like this.
Old 2010-11-12, 05:02   Link #183
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

I consider this episode a filler, Manami is bored and clichè, much better the yandere Ayase. I want Kirino and Kuroneko back in action.
Old 2010-11-12, 09:48   Link #184
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
Generally I don't recommend sleeping together with friends of your preferred gender. Most people move randomly in their sleep, and it is all too easy to end up in a position that will be impossible to forget, even if nothing happens then and there.
That's really no argument against it. Stuff like that could just as well happen with friends of the same gender, it's not limited to a certain gender.
Old 2010-11-12, 15:35   Link #185
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Erm... sure some toss in their sleep but not everyone. Due to circumstances, mainly travel, I had to sleep in the same room / bed as female friends and/or sisters. And no crazy anime hi-jinks going on, just normal everyday stuff.
Old 2010-11-12, 17:29   Link #186
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I think that the old man was exaggerating a bit to much of course Minami and Kyousuke wont do anything strange in that room.
Old 2010-11-12, 19:04   Link #187
Itlandm
Porcupine

Well, of course the grandparents were joking. Grandparents may be more laid-back about such things than parents, but I can't imagine they would encourage them to bathe together or sleep together if they thought there was an actual chance of them actually having sexual intercourse. They are still high schoolers after all. Emotional issues aside, you would not expect him to bring condoms when coming over to help carry stuff, so there is no way it would be acceptable even if the grannies were more liberal than a pair of hippies.

They probably thought of it as making nice memories that would bind them closer together, and they may well have succeeded.
Old 2010-11-14, 00:22   Link #188
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well that was kinda fun. Initially I never cared for Manami since she was a boring shy type girl, but at least she tries to tease Kyouske, something that a lot of this type of character never bothers trying.

I also laughed when they asked about the bath. SECRET WEAPON. Well, at least they know how to joke around with each other.

Also, I want to be like the grandparents and never grow up. They're pretty good trolls.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-11-14, 00:44   Link #189
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Well that was kinda fun. Initially I never cared for Manami since she was a boring shy type girl, but at least she tries to tease Kyouske, something that a lot of this type of character never bothers trying.

I also laughed when they asked about the bath. SECRET WEAPON. Well, at least they know how to joke around with each other.

Also, I want to be like the grandparents and never grow up. They're pretty good trolls.
Welcome to the dark side Archon Doesn't this episode have a kind of Clannad vibe to it? The grandfather had a similar quirky personality as Akio and it doesn't help that Kyousuke is voiced by Yuuichi Nakamura

I have to agree with you on Manami though, I didn't really see her as anything but Moe-bait, that is until the moe was cranked up a couple of gears, I couldn't help it Manami did well in this episode and she ended up being less useless than I thought she would be I quite like her even more now.

Kirino was just hilarious this episode with her door-kicking and tsun tsun reactions to Kyousuke not being home for the day. Although this episode added some points towards Manami, I don't see her and Kyousuke getting romantically involved.

We've already been fed this "normal" lifestyle that Kyousuke supposedly desires and Kirino apparently offers the exact opposite of that. I can see where the writers are going with the symbolism here although it remains to be seen. I can only call it speculation from my part so I will wait to see how everything develops. We'll soon find out that "normal" and "safe" is not what Kyousuke actually desires as Kirino's antics gradually begin to effect and change Kyousuke. His development stems from Kirino's in my opinion so it will be interesting to see whether there is some sort of romance development between them, although admittedly I don't see them going that far in this first season.

Yes, I support Kyousuke x Kirino but I'm very open minded about romance in anime as long as it's done right. Since I doubt this show will go into such a delicate/serious topic as incest, they'll most probably go the route of no relation between Kyousuke and Kirino if romance does develop between them. Just to reiterate, this is just speculation

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-11-14, 00:55   Link #190
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Welcome to the dark side Archon Doesn't this episode have a kind of Clannad vibe to it? The grandfather had a similar quirky personality as Akio and it doesn't help that Kyousuke is voiced by Yuuichi Nakamura
But sadly, this one episode had more innuendo then all of Clannad had with Tomoya and Nagisa. >.> I'm just kidding, kinda... ranted enough about that.

Quote:
Kirino was just hilarious this episode with her door-kicking and tsun tsun reactions to Kyousuke not being home for the day. Although this episode added some points towards Manami, I don't see her and Kyousuke getting romantically involved.
Personally, I just think she found someone (her brother) that shares her hobby, and he's just off doing something else. I mean I sometimes get frustrated like her when other people dare to have lives when we typically play something though obviously nearly as pouty

Quote:
We've already been fed this "normal" lifestyle that Kyousuke supposedly desires and Kirino apparently offers the exact opposite of that. I can see where the writers are going with the symbolism here although it remains to be seen. I can only call it speculation from my part so I will wait to see how everything develops. We'll soon find out that "normal" and "safe" is not what Kyousuke actually desires as Kirino's antics gradually begin to effect and change Kyousuke. His development stems from Kirino's in my opinion so it will be interesting to see whether there is some sort of romance development between them, although admittedly I don't see them going that far in this first season.
I don't feel that way-- I think you are right about the "normal lifestyle" and Kiirino offers the opposite. However, the show has be insistent that the two just can't be separated like that, nor can you pick one over the other. You have to separate fantasy and reality without denying one or ther other. There's gotta be the balance and we should remember what Kiirino said at the start-- keep 2d and 3d separate. Having an actual Kiirino x Kyousuke relationship would go against the theme of the show to me.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-11-14, 01:48   Link #191
DeX-kun

Quote:
But sadly, this one episode had more innuendo then all of Clannad had with Tomoya and Nagisa. >.> I'm just kidding, kinda... ranted enough about that.
Can't say that I disagree with you on this

Quote:
I don't feel that way-- I think you are right about the "normal lifestyle" and Kiirino offers the opposite. However, the show has be insistent that the two just can't be separated like that, nor can you pick one over the other. You have to separate fantasy and reality without denying one or ther other. There's gotta be the balance and we should remember what Kiirino said at the start-- keep 2d and 3d separate. Having an actual Kiirino x Kyousuke relationship would go against the theme of the show to me.
While this show isn't necessarily about romance, Manami seems to be the one driving force of this sub-theme, I guess you can call it. If there is any type of romance, I tend to look for hints here and there I have to admit that sometimes I overdo it though

Although Kirino did say that, we shouldn't take it at face value. Just like we can't take Kyousuke's words about his desire for a "normal" lifestyle seriously, at least not until it is proven Of course I'm not saying you're wrong, you could very well be right to assume so but it remains to be seen

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-11-14, 02:56   Link #192
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Although Kirino did say that, we shouldn't take it at face value. Just like we can't take Kyousuke's words about his desire for a "normal" lifestyle seriously, at least not until it is proven Of course I'm not saying you're wrong, you could very well be right to assume so but it remains to be seen
I prefer to base it on what I do see.

But I will say this; a common pitfall of many a story is that they insist on jamming a romance where it may or may not belong. *cough* *Angel Beats* *cough* I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I just get the feeling it just feels so mandatory that it may mess up the connection between two characters. I just want writers to realize that you can have great and deep relationships with characters that doesn't have to be romantic love.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-11-14, 03:10   Link #193
DeX-kun

Quote:

But I will say this; a common pitfall of many a story is that they insist on jamming a romance where it may or may not belong. *cough* *Angel Beats* *cough* I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I just get the feeling it just feels so mandatory that it may mess up the connection between two characters. I just want writers to realize that you can have great and deep relationships with characters that doesn't have to be romantic love.
Or yet to see

But I completely agree with you on this point. Angel Beats is probably a perfect example of that *sigh* That certainly felt "out of the blue," although I'm straying off-topic now

I just prefer romance in my stories if only for the chemistry between the main protagonists (romantic chemistry that is.) But I can certainly agree with the notion that it is not necessary for great development between characters.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-11-14, 07:58   Link #194
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:

Third!!

I will make a wild guess, and say most recent anime target a "younger teenager" demography who may adore romantics too much. It's not a bad thing because i love romances too. But only when it's fitting...

And recent anime *cough*AngelBeats*cough* is a good example.
Old 2010-11-14, 11:06   Link #195
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
Well, of course the grandparents were joking. Grandparents may be more laid-back about such things than parents, but I can't imagine they would encourage them to bathe together or sleep together if they thought there was an actual chance of them actually having sexual intercourse. They are still high schoolers after all. Emotional issues aside, you would not expect him to bring condoms when coming over to help carry stuff, so there is no way it would be acceptable even if the grannies were more liberal than a pair of hippies.

They probably thought of it as making nice memories that would bind them closer together, and they may well have succeeded.
I think they'd actually love for Kyousuke to knock Manami up. There'd be no escape for him then.
Old 2010-11-14, 13:12   Link #196
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
We'll soon find out that "normal" and "safe" is not what Kyousuke actually desires as Kirino's antics gradually begin to effect and change Kyousuke. His development stems from Kirino's in my opinion so it will be interesting to see whether there is some sort of romance development between them, although admittedly I don't see them going that far in this first season.
Yes, "normal" and "safe" was what he wanted before he found out about Kirino's secret hobby. Now he already started to change, and will change a good bit more still. This is effecting his desires as well.

Quote:
Yes, I support Kyousuke x Kirino but I'm very open minded about romance in anime as long as it's done right. Since I doubt this show will go into such a delicate/serious topic as incest, they'll most probably go the route of no relation between Kyousuke and Kirino if romance does develop between them. Just to reiterate, this is just speculation
It's quite likely that he's drawn more and more to Kirino by the changes he's undergoing. This might turn into serious affection for Kirino, or even more. If he gets more involved with the otaku club, there might even be a Kyousuke x Kuroneko (or Shironeko) coupling.
Old 2010-11-19, 18:25   Link #197
y0shi

I loved the episode, just started watching this yesterday .
I liked ep 1-4, they were kinda funny and although kirino is acting in a way no normal human could actually accept I just thought of it as over the top anime way to show things. But episode 5 was so completly ridiculus It really shocked me. In the beginning I was sure I was actually watching a higurashi parody, this was screaming RENA so hardly. And the second half of the episode just felt completly wrong, morally wrong, illogical, just WRONG.

I can actually see where her friend was coming from and I think the main issue here is that the serie just puts "being otaku" and "playing games about having sex with your very underaged sister" into the same category, I can agree with one of those, the other one, well :/ But the second half still somehow worked til the point where her friend was crying in her arms, the conflict was there, was real, and their wasnt a real solution. The drama kinda worked. But then ?!?!?! The rest of the episode was completly ridiculus...

And then we ot this episode and after the last train wreck I loved it, very calming, cute, fun, instead of over the top ridiculus and stupid.

I think they already are together in their own kinda way, kyousuke made it pretty clear that he wont let her get together with someone else. But theyre comfortale around each other and dont need no *giggle* *blush* *he said we should marry* crap and this is why he was surprised at the lap pillow offer, because at their current pace it was kinda awkward.

He knows they kinda belong together, he just hastn realized/accepted it yet because hes so comfortable with her around, theres one scene where hes looking at her when she walks up the staits (or is he trying to peek ?) but then realizes what hes doing and gets irritated (how can anyone ignore this scene?) and I thought that was a pretty clear sign. He kinda knows theyll be together but just starts to realize that there is another side to it, not like when they were jokin around about taking a bath but a real one. Theres another scene where hes waiting in front of her door and making what I assume was some kind of dirty joke (I didnt get it xD) and then goes like "what am I saying?".

And then in the end hes like "dont worry, theres no one else and there wont be anyone else. But Im just happy the way everything is right now, lets not hurry and just keep it going like this, growing together slowly".

"If you truly fall in love with someone lust will be the last thing to dissapear"

Dont remember where I got this quote but I think it kinda fits here. They will be together, he knows fairly well whats going on and feels comfortable at their current pace, his family is completly insane and they have time, why hurry? They already ARE like an old couple anyway.

Absolutly loved this episode, it was cute and made me feel happy

~ I'll hold your hand if you hold mine ~
~ The time that we kill keeps us alive ~
Old 2011-04-05, 08:42   Link #198
Misaka of Misaka
Satorina Fan

My favorite character, Kirino had nothing to do with this episode.
I could fully enjoy her miserable behavior.
This is why I give "8 out of 10 : Very Good" to this episode.