AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-09, 16:00   Link #1481
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Seems like all the training from sniping with the 10.5 cm howitzer has made me skilled at shooting targets 500 meters away with the L/70.
I'm still deciding whether to spend free xp to get to the L/70 or whether I should just continue farming away with the Long 88 until I can grab it with XP earned on the KT. I love the KT (not that I'm great with it) but it feels a bit under gunned at Tier 8 wit the Long 88.
Old 2013-01-09, 16:11   Link #1482
Sumeragi
Banned

I was talking about the StuG III.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 16:18   Link #1483
Blaat

The inaccuracy on the KV-1S final gun is starting to piss me off. I really should have brought my KV-1 crew on this tank...

In other news I sold my M6 There are two M6s in this game the M6 with the 90 mm gun and the one without it. The former is a great tank really loved it, the latter not so much.

With the free slot I bought my first Tier 7 tank: T29, it looks like a Mammoth tank and it plays like one. I also faced my first Tier IX tank (T-59) and I killed him, well more like it he rammed me which killed us both, I got a kill and the kamikaze medal.

I can't believe though that the 90mm gun is already is so poor against high tier opponents and the funny thing is T29 starts with the M1A2 gun as stock. I would have probably raged quit if I went to the T29 via the M4A3E2.
Old 2013-01-09, 16:21   Link #1484
willx
Nyaaan~~

Oops.. Right, the 10.5 on the KT is the L68 ..

Anyways, what I said still stands! *cough*

That said I think I'll miss your aggressive assault gun tactics. "The Chieftain" has a video from E3 where he goes through the German tech tree and he talks about the StuH battle doctrine of mounting a gun big enough to blow up the entire building where your enemies are hiding in/under/behind!
Old 2013-01-09, 16:23   Link #1485
Sumeragi
Banned

I am still aggressive with the L/70. The only difference is that I now machine snipe rather than go for a one-shot.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 19:21   Link #1486
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I actually unlocked the KV-1S last night, but I didn't shell out the money for it yet, given what I've heard from the other people here. However I'm still keeping the KV-1. Getting used to it, and the 85mm isn't that bad, even with a crew that isn't on 100%. Great for sniping, to my surprise, but for some reason when I use the howitzer I couldn't get the OMG-levels of damage that could be done to ME. Heck, most of my HE shells seem to bounce off...
Old 2013-01-09, 20:19   Link #1487
Newhope

Just finished and elited the KV-1S and about 30k from finishing the KV-1, both are extremely OP.

Word of warning though the KV-1S sucks until you get the 122mm was down to 30% win ration at one point.

Spoiler for Save room:
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 21:11   Link #1488
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
With the free slot I bought my first Tier 7 tank: T29, it looks like a Mammoth tank and it plays like one. I also faced my first Tier IX tank (T-59) and I killed him, well more like it he rammed me which killed us both, I got a kill and the kamikaze medal.
The T29 is one of my most loved tanks, although I prefer the T32 to it.

By the way, not trying to rain on your parade or anything, but did you not know about the Heavy Destruction Weekend? I keep playing my M6 and wait for the event to buy my T29.
Old 2013-01-09, 22:10   Link #1489
Gravitas Free Zone

This was in Widepark, where I spent much of my time trying not to be seen and to outshoot a T1 Heavy before his friend flanked me. Then I looked up at the scoreboard and was all "Huh?"

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 01:06   Link #1490
Gravitas Free Zone

I saw a guy with a derpgun VK2801 absolutely destroy six tanks in Himmelsdorf. That might be the one tank I'm going to start with a derpgun.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 01:41   Link #1491
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I saw a guy with a derpgun VK2801 absolutely destroy six tanks in Himmelsdorf. That might be the one tank I'm going to start with a derpgun.

Highly likely that player is packing HEAT - the ~4000 credit shells.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 02:16   Link #1492
LeoXiao
思想工作

German Space Program - Featuring Flying Jpanther!
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 02:25   Link #1493
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

What!?
Old 2013-01-10, 03:36   Link #1494
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
The T29 is one of my most loved tanks, although I prefer the T32 to it.

By the way, not trying to rain on your parade or anything, but did you not know about the Heavy Destruction Weekend? I keep playing my M6 and wait for the event to buy my T29.
Checking the EU January calendar I don't think we have a heavy destruction weekend, we have a light tank frenzy weekend instead. *phew*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Just finished and elited the KV-1S and about 30k from finishing the KV-1, both are extremely OP.

Word of warning though the KV-1S sucks until you get the 122mm was down to 30% win ration at one point.

Spoiler for Save room:
What gun are you using on the KV-1, the 80mm one? Anyway remind me if I ever face you in battle (the odds are not that great) that I should run away and avoid you as much as possible. ;P

Last edited by Blaat; 2013-01-10 at 04:00.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 08:37   Link #1495
Marina2

LOL I just get my first "Steel Wall" with Hetzer
Old 2013-01-10, 11:28   Link #1496
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Nice! In a top tier battle in the Hetzer you can just roll up and devastate the enemy with the derp pretty much with impunity. That said I don't think I've ever gotten a Steel Wall on it..

So, who's excited about the upcoming addition to the German medium tank branch? The new German TD line?

Although it lacks the charm of WW2-era tanks.. the Leopard I is still a nice looking tank and thoroughly embraces MBT doctrine.

Old 2013-01-10, 12:05   Link #1497
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I knew it, I KNEW it, I knew they are going to add the Leopard I there somewhere. Dammit WoT, now I have to grind all the way to that tree again. Bastards!

Wil, what version is this for?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 12:17   Link #1498
Newhope

They're adding the Leopard yet didn't bother with the Chieftain that blows.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 12:20   Link #1499
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Maybe I'll try the new German TD line. Haven't played through any turret-less tank (closest one would be the M3 Lee, but that is another story). Wonder what is the different between the 2 lines.
Old 2013-01-10, 12:23   Link #1500
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
They're adding the Leopard yet didn't bother with the Chieftain that blows.
But they are. From official posts by SerB, they're waiting on a "data package" from Bovington before they start work on the Chieftain. The supposed plan is for the Chieftain to replace the FV215b as the Tier X Heavy, with the latter becoming a Tank Destroyer and given its proper "boxy" turret.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks