Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-01, 11:48   Link #1721
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Spoiler for Nyantype scan, NSFW:
Old 2012-07-01, 12:30   Link #1722
Sol Falling

Ahhhh, this show, this series, this episode. So fucking great. So fucking awesome. A fully worthy conclusion to the TV run. I was giddy with emotion the whole way through.

Man, Kuro's "character development" moment went beyond my expectations. Really touching. What an awesome moment for her character.

And I really just have no words for how much I feel for Toki, and how awesome she is. Even just her voice acting this time managed to be completely heartbreaking.

This is really brilliant stuff. Far and away an example of what is truly great about anime. Goddamn do I love this series.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 12:32   Link #1723
Midonin
Last Engage

怜(とき)よ止まれ 君は誰よりも美しいから

The cold open confirmed what we've known for a few weeks now. Seniryama shifted the limelight from the title characters onto themselves. Mostly Toki. Her three turns into the future was intense, to the point that it inverted the color of the world. Thankfully, Senriyama didn't completely steal the finale. For someone as locked into their ways as Kuro, the decision to do something different as a final twist makes a lot of sense. The match will continue (what do you think those three extra episodes are for?), but to land a blow like that on Teru the whirlwind... that was an inspiring moment.

Great final broadcast episode. If Teru was that powerful, I wonder what the rest of Shiraitodai has in store.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 12:38   Link #1724
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

As for the 2nd round, Sumire seems to be the 'cold' type, which would make her the natural enemy of Yuu
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 12:44   Link #1725
gaiar31

R.I.P Toki

see you next season
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 12:48   Link #1726
EroKing

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-07-01, 12:49   Link #1727
Marina2

Ah, Good job Ritz! it seems no one can guess it 100% correctly.

- Kuro really manage to Ron off Teru! With some really nice help from Toki - Good job. Too bad it isn't Yakuman!. Yeah, Yeah, I know Teru dealed in because of Richii but that's still count as getting Roned!
- Toki collapsed but Senriyama can continue to play! That's Good Thing.
- No one fell into despair! Subara is still Subara!
- Sumire is 2nd player!!!?? Now that's surprising.
- Teru showed an emotion! Oh my god. Now we know she has a kind in her heart.
- Nodoka met Achiga T_T Finally!

So, we have to wait for............when??

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-07-01 at 13:03.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 12:55   Link #1728
The Green One

Well well, for all the Kuro bashing in the fandom, she gets to strike the biggest hit against Teru and actually get her to show an expression besides apathetic boredom. Still no real clue on when the remaining three episodes are airing, ah well, patience is a virtue I suppose, at least we won't have to wait long for the manga to catch up. If I have to guess they'll probably air one episode per month to match the manga so that neither get far ahead.

And is it just me or was the Nodoka/Achiga reunion a little......anticlimatic?
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 12:58   Link #1729
ykf566

Oh Toki...all that and no credit.
ykf566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 12:58   Link #1730
kona~chan
ヘタレ

amazing episode and the most surprising thing is teru's reaction, finally!!! seem she's become demonic only when playing mahjong huh, outside it she is just totally cute onee chan just a little cold that is

and now what bugged me in this episode is atagoma sae? is she the relative of atago?

”生きるってつらいな。。。”
Onjouji Toki
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 13:28   Link #1731
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona~chan View Post
amazing episode and the most surprising thing is teru's reaction, finally!!! seem she's become demonic only when playing mahjong huh, outside it she is just totally cute onee chan just a little cold that is

and now what bugged me in this episode is atagoma sae? is she the relative of atago?
Yeah, that was a misconversion by Crunchy, I think. The Japanese sure seem to think she's their mother, anyway. If you read it like this:

Atago Masae (mother)
Atago Hiroe (older sister)
Atago Kinue (younger sister)

there's a pattern in their names.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 13:44   Link #1732
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
The Japanese sure seem to think she's their mother, anyway.
It would be kind of weird if she wasn't their mother, given how here design is basically their designs put in a blender, especially Hiroe's face and... Kinue's boobs and blue hair .Or maybe one can see it as the sisters getting bits and pieces of her?
Old 2012-07-01, 14:01   Link #1733
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Spoiler for Nyantype scan, NSFW:
Hhhnnnngghh..

Also. I'll get around to the new eps in a jiffy.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 14:18   Link #1734
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

...At least they managed to stop that natural disaster for getting any more points.

My friends are also saying that because Shizu and the others had met Nodoka, their initial goal for doing the championship has been reached and it's fine for them to not reached the final ;_; Considering how monster-like the enemies would be in the final...well damn, I think it's actually a good thing if they stop now

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 14:26   Link #1735
tsunade666

Awesome finally for the series run. That 3 turns ahead is really something though it looks like Toki didn't expect Kuro to call riichi but she expect for her to finally let go of her dora. And I don't understand on the part about Teru's reaction on Kuro's discarded tile. I din't play majhong so I can't tell but it looks like she can ron it? based on the commentator but from what the pro said its because of her ability. She didn't see her letting go of dora base on her analyzes.

Finally Achiga and Nodoka met though it didn't felt much because they depart a lot sooner and its because of Shizu. She really want to met them at the finals. OH God poor girl. Will get curb stomp by Saki. Though it looks like their is a small fire on Shizu even not not a tornado or lightning storm from the miyanaga sisters.

And Saki is still moping around and here I thought she will met her sister >_>

Teru having a reaction to the fallen Toki!!!! its good that she still cares on her prey.
Old 2012-07-01, 14:54   Link #1736
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
My friends are also saying that because Shizu and the others had met Nodoka, their initial goal for doing the championship has been reached and it's fine for them to not reached the final ;_; Considering how monster-like the enemies would be in the final...well damn, I think it's actually a good thing if they stop now
What fool are you to think -- that meeting anywhere else other than at the mahjong table is good enough?

Shizu's "guarantee" ensures Achiga making the final. And man, this eps. gave me some tears. XD
Old 2012-07-01, 14:56   Link #1737
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Teru is the only monster in her team right?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 14:57   Link #1738
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I am thinking Awai is a monster on her own right. Matched with Saki -- can't have it any other way.
Old 2012-07-01, 15:06   Link #1739
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Incidentally, was I the only one surprised that Sumire plays in the sergeant position? Given how she's been built up, I expected that she'd play as vice-captain before Awai, but I guess in hindsight it makes sense for her to go after Teru... To clean up after the passing hurricane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Even with just the first season's DVD extras (disc 7 wasn't it?), Awai is hyped up as the likeliest one to succeed Teru after the elder Miyanaga retires before the Winter play season.
Old 2012-07-01, 15:07   Link #1740
The Green One

Yeah, her chara profile on one of the Saki DvDs mentions that Awai is a monster level player herself, Saki should get a worthy fight out of her. Not to mention Awai probably has rather strong interest in her too.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri