AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-11, 13:45   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 677 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Ah, early spoilers, how I love thee! So a short summary of the latest chapter was provided by ohana this time around, with Aohige doing the translation:

-Chapter title is "Counter Hazard". Ministory involves Jinbei ending Caribou's kidnapping spree by beating the crap out of him.

-Looks like Luffy and Law weren't the only supernovas who formed an alliance: It's revealed that upon his crewmate Killer's suggestion (who now has a 200 million bounty now BTW), Eustass Kid formed an alliance with Scratchmen Apoo AND Basil Hawkins!!!! Their new bounties are as follows: 470 million for Kid, 350 million for Apoo, and 320 million for Hawkins.

-Back to Luffy's group, Law uses his DF ability to take the chains off everybody. It turns out that Law had secretly replaced the seastone chains with normal ones at some point. He also returns Smoker and Tashigi to their original bodies. Around the island, we see people running away from the poison gas (like Usopp and Nanji, who are using Brownbeard for transport). However, when Caesar's pirate servants make it inside the lab to seek refuge from the chemicals, they find Luffy's group waiting for them, who after being joined by the remaining Straw-Hats and Kinemon (and breaking down the shutter door on their way to the lab), are all prepared to make their counter-attack....!!!!

Well now, well now. Looks like more of our super-rookie friends are appearing earlier than expected. I gotta say that I'm mighty pleased with Apoo's new bounty! But I'm not really surprised at all that Kid's reward is the highest by far. But that makes me wonder why we apparently don't have Killer's new bounty yet.....

Anyway, I guess it was either Law or Monet who switched those chains. But that makes me wonder why Luffy was still apparently weakened by the otherwise normal chains, then? Or maybe he only thought that they were actual seastone? If so, then lol.

Anyhow, there's no telling how soon it will be until the chapter's released since the spoiler's so early. Can't wait to check it out, though!

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-08-12 at 13:22.
Old 2012-08-11, 14:10   Link #2
james0246

Quote:
But that makes me wonder why Luffy was still apparently weakened by the otherwise normal chains, then? Or maybe he only thought that they were actual seastone?
I'm wondering if Luffy was simply following Law's lead. Law obviously staged most of what we saw in order to get info on DonQuixote. And considering the moods of Smoker, Luffy and the gang it seems they were either in on the job or at least went along for the ride.

Then again, these are early spoilers, so maybe everyone but Law had seastone chains...
Old 2012-08-11, 14:14   Link #3
marvelB

So it turned out that Killer was the one who convinced Kid to form an alliance between his fellow supernovas so they can take down an emperor. Heh, he's a surprisingly logical guy for someone who's known as the "Massacre Man"....

Also, I SO can't wait to see post-skip Capone's new bounty.
Old 2012-08-11, 14:53   Link #4
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Looks like Luffy and Law weren't the only supernovas who formed an alliance: It's revealed that upon his crewmate Killer's suggestion, Eustass Kid formed an alliance with Scratchmen Apoo AND Basil Hawkins!!!! Their new bounties are as follows: 470 million for Kid, 350 million for Apoo, and 320 million for Hawkins.
I wonder what Kid, Apoo, and Hawkins plan to do at this gathering? I bet Hawkins is in for a rematch with Brownbeard if they met with each other at this point. No mention about Killer's new bounty, but I guess it's because he's not as strong as his magnetized captain.

Quote:
-Back to Luffy's group, Law uses his DF ability to take the chains off everybody. It turns out that Law had secretly replaced the seastone chains with normal ones at some point. Around the island, we see people running away from the poison gas (like Usopp and Nanji, who are using Brownbeard for transport). However, when Caesar's pirate servants make it inside the lab to seek refuge from the chemicals, they find Luffy's group waiting for them, who are all prepared to make their counter-attack....!!!!
I hope Law gets to revert Nami and Sanji back to normal in the next chapter so I can see how severe a beating Sanji will get from Nami for being occupied in her body.

Quote:
So it turned out that Killer was the one who convinced Kid to form an alliance between his fellow supernovas so they can take down an emperor. Heh, he's a surprisingly logical guy for someone who's known as the "Massacre Man"....
You gotta have some amount of logic to plan any massacre. And I bet the emperor they plan to take down is Kaidou.
Old 2012-08-11, 15:12   Link #5
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
You gotta have some amount of logic to plan any massacre. And I bet the emperor they plan to take down is Kaidou.

Well, it's just that the whole "Massacre Man" alias kinda makes you think that he would be some meathead who goes around fighting/killing people left and right without abandon. But ironically, his captain is a more accurate representative of that trait (we ARE talking about the dude who went around crucifying other pirates, after all.....).

And as for who exactly which Yonkou Kid's alliance plans to take down.... well, personally, I'd put my money on it being the same person Law wants to take down with Luffy (whether it turns out to be Kaidou, Big Mom, or heck, even Shanks). I guess I just think it would be really cool if a common target made all FIVE of these powerful crews form an even BIGGER alliance with each other.....
Old 2012-08-11, 15:13   Link #6
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm a slighty confused. Are there two alliances (Law and Luffy; Kidd, Apoo and Hawkins) or just one big Supernova alliance? I'm thinking the latter. Either way, this is awesome sauce.

I've gotta say I'm surprised Apoo's bounty if higher than Hawkins' now.
Old 2012-08-11, 15:20   Link #7
marvelB

^Pretty sure it's two separate alliances (I doubt the news of the Luffy/Law alliance would have spread THAT quickly). But like I just said in my last post, I can see all of those crews eventually joining forces in the end anyway if they're all gunning for the same Yonkou.....
Old 2012-08-11, 21:45   Link #8
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
When will the actual chapter be out?
Old 2012-08-12, 01:26   Link #9
yakumo-chan

chapter is out!!! ^_^
Old 2012-08-12, 01:42   Link #10
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Sanji Nanji got a power-up
Old 2012-08-12, 01:49   Link #11
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
I bet Hawkins is in for a rematch with Brownbeard if they met with each other at this point
Why would Hawkins care about Brownbeard?

He owned him the first time round.

Quote:
But that makes me wonder why we apparently don't have Killer's new bounty yet.....
It's 200 million
Old 2012-08-12, 02:50   Link #12
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Nice to see Basil Hawkins I was hoping his Bounty would have been higher then Kid lol
Old 2012-08-12, 03:02   Link #13
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Sanji Nanji got a power-up
LOL . Hilarious.

On another note HOW DARE HE .
Old 2012-08-12, 08:12   Link #14
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Oh sanji. You never fail to amuse me.
Old 2012-08-12, 08:18   Link #15
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sanji's power-up

Tashigi's reaction when she got back into her body was cute. Her first priority was to cover herself up. It's exciting to have her and Smoker join forces with the Straw-hats and Law. The second to last double spread was badass.

And wait a minute...did Law cut kairouseki chains which are supposed to be as hard as diamond? Or did he use his DF power in order to accomplish that feat?

Quote:
^Pretty sure it's two separate alliances (I doubt the news of the Luffy/Law alliance would have spread THAT quickly). But like I just said in my last post, I can see all of those crews eventually joining forces in the end anyway if they're all gunning for the same Yonkou.....
You were right. They are separate alliances... for now. I'm also pretty sure they're going to join forces at some point. It was said a few chapters ago that Kid destroyed two of Big Mom's ships, so she might be the one they will go after.
Old 2012-08-12, 11:39   Link #16
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Gotta love Luffy's logic

"Everyone's here...TIME TO GO NUTS AND BREAK STUFF!"
Old 2012-08-12, 12:44   Link #17
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Finally, the real action is about to start! Can't help but wonder what Caesar has in store, because most of his troops are fodder yet I can't imagine they'll get to Caesar and Vergo that easily.

And the apparent birth of yet another alliance (assuming they come to terms) means there might be another group going after a Yonkou. The former bunch of rookies definitely are going to leave their mark in the New World.

My favorite moment was Tashigi glaring at Smoker.
Old 2012-08-12, 13:14   Link #18
marvelB

Okay, I edited the opening summary a bit since the full chapter's out now. So we DO get Killer's new bounty after all.....

Anyways, I like how Apoo is still as reckless as ever (looks like he didn't really learn his lesson after picking a fight with Kizaru two years ago, did he? ). Now I'm wondering if any more supernovas were invited to Kid's little get-together....?

And yeah, Tashigi getting pissed at Smoker was great. And now the climactic battle is here, though I also wonder if there are any more strong opponents left (Smiley is busy poisoning the whole island, the yeti brothers were already taken out by Law, and we aren't really sure if Monet is a fighter or not. I don't doubt that Vergo will be a formidable opponent, though). But then again, since Vergo is the G5 commander, I suppose it wouldn't be out of the question for him to PHbring along some powerful reinforcements to PH, or at least summon some (like that commodore from a few chapters back).....
Old 2012-08-12, 14:26   Link #19
ri.kenji
Lazy Bum

Sanji getting a power-up by touching Nami's body was hilarious.
Old 2012-08-12, 15:13   Link #20
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Why would Hawkins care about Brownbeard?

He owned him the first time round.
Hawkins may not care but I bet Brownbeard didn't take his loss so well at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Tashigi's reaction when she got back into her body was cute. Her first priority was to cover herself up. It's exciting to have her and Smoker join forces with the Straw-hats and Law. The second to last double spread was badass.
I bet Tashigi had to shout at Smoker when she saw she didn't have her bra and had a cigar aftertaste. "Yuck"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri.kenji View Post
Sanji getting a power-up by touching Nami's body was hilarious.
That's going to cost him expensively in his money as well as his health. Again I hope Law reverts Nami and Sanji back to normal in the next chapter.
Closed Thread