AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-17, 10:49   Link #201
Rin Listviel

I don't like dual wielding eather...i like olden swordstyle more.....*sigh*....
Rin Listviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 10:56   Link #202
EvI

this dual blades thing has become serious here huh...
as someone back there said, we have to remember that all of the protagonists who use dual blades aren't normal humans, they have a super reflex and strenght so let's not try to bring them into a normal category...
this kinds of things variety between people, there are people that are better with a kind of blade and there a people who are not even suited to use one(a fictional example of this is the protagonist of altina)...
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 11:11   Link #203
blackwhite67
Banned

I'm sure we were all thinking that Freya would lose to Kurou and join the harem. Is the author Gen Urobichi in disguise?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 11:18   Link #204
bludvein

Freya had already lost to Kurou(and easily at that), and showed no signs of being interested afterwards. I for one didn't expect her to ever be in the harem. Her personality was bad.

Didn't expect her to get offed like that either though.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 11:21   Link #205
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin Listviel View Post
I don't like dual wielding eather...i like olden swordstyle more.....*sigh*....
YES, I for one, alway love it when a MC can use a Secret/Lost/Ancient/Forgotten/Forbidden/Hidden skills. So when I first read that there a Olden Sword style, my first thought are Kurou you better know "it" cause what better then using a compilation of all the Sword styles that have beaten a Swordie in the past in a school of Swordie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
I'm sure we were all thinking that Freya would lose to Kurou and join the harem. Is the author Gen Urobichi in disguise?
Yeah, especially when they had a bet going on.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”

Last edited by mike211; 2013-08-17 at 22:03.
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 11:37   Link #206
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Freya had already lost to Kurou(and easily at that), and showed no signs of being interested afterwards. I for one didn't expect her to ever be in the harem. Her personality was bad.

Didn't expect her to get offed like that either though.
I was referring to the bet.
Old 2013-08-18, 01:23   Link #207
bludvein

Theres an update, but not much happens....
Old 2013-08-18, 01:31   Link #208
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Isn't it like ABC murder case of agatha christie? it's like the real target is Sefi.
Old 2013-08-18, 09:47   Link #209
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kna View Post
anything but dual wielded, please.... I really got sick of that.
I blame SAO for the dual wield crap....
yes, I hate it with passion...

Dual wield might has some Cool factor in it but it's impractical as hell. When you wielded two swords at once the power of your strike got reduce to the half. Your attack speed will also get reduced not to mention the weight that will drag you down and tired you out quicker than normal..
Someone who's ambidextrous might be able to pull it off though.

Hence when ppl do dual wielding they did it with short sword in their off-hand and use it mostly to parry the blow not attacking. No sane person would wield long sword or broad sword in both hand and expect to come out on top in a fight.

The olden way of the MC is cool and unique enough as it is, there's no need to add something so unrealistic like dual wielding in his arsenal, leave it to those shonen crap, please.

damn, I hope Dual wielding fever end soon
ehm, as an nitoryuu user, i have complains, 1st real nito ( 2- swords) is practical, to almost overpowered, yes it's OP in reality, but unlike in the nito fever, the reason nito is OP is not because of awesome speedy attack or lightning avoiding move but it's nature as an defensive style, nitoryuu user use 2 sword with one for defends at almost all time,and being a sword in stead of a shield provided greater mobility and flexibility to switch between range and attack, both can attack as well as defend and the shoto( short-sword) is not only for defend as you claimed, and oof hand is unrelated as it's depend on fighting style, there exist ppl who favor close-range choose the shoto as their main attack weapon over the daito (long sword), well i agree that broad sword is out of question but there exist Kata where 2 longswords is used but my sensei ( he's 8 dan, you can question how impractical it is to him ) said that's a stupid idea since you have to sacrified the range changing ability, which is one of nitoryuu strongest attack point.
Ambidextrous wise,it's unrelated since gyaku-nito ( revese dual wieled) let the left hand hold the daito and the right hand hold the shoto, while traditional nito use the right hand to hold daito with the left hold shoto, it's just preference.
since you probaly aren't going to trust me, google the name matthew Raymond and Toda -sensei at kendo, you will see true nitoryuu defense.
ok i will give it now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
sword level blades dual wielded = not practical at all

short sword dual wielded = possible

IMO, he could have the jack of all trades in swords and be deadly with any blade he holds, even a dagger could be sufficient.

also, I think if he can be armed with other blades:

nodachi - since its a bigga and longa version of his standard katana, I guess he'll trade his high speed for cutting range at most. adding the fact he's already deadly with his standard blade, why not the nodachi? Sasaki Kojiro could be reputed to use it to great effect, why not him?

kodachi - I don't really think of the guy getting really REALLY close but these might give him better speed and mobility (not as fast as his master's sister tho) and better close-in speeds. not sure of cutting power tho.
nito asides, nodachi is unlikely since it original intention is to cut down horse along with the cavalry and well kojirou is in another class but that would be interesting.
Kodachi was meant to be used with first or claw since like nito, the kodachi can also act as a defensive wep but i don't think Kurou is that badass in unarmed combat.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 09:05   Link #210
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Are you guys serious hinting that Kurou is going dual sword in the near future?

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2013-08-19, 09:11   Link #211
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
Are you guys serious hinting that Kurou is going dual sword in the near future?
Definitely not.
Old 2013-08-19, 14:08   Link #212
noobarta

question-in one of the vol 5 pics
Spoiler for spoiler?:
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 03:52   Link #213
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

@noobarta, there a unspoken rule in this thread about no massive spoiler allow, especially something from so far ahead.

Old 2013-08-20, 13:21   Link #214
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
@noobarta, there a unspoken rule in this thread about no massive spoiler allow, especially something from so far ahead.
ahhh mk then, would it be possible to private message it instead tho? D:

I've read too many tragedy genre's and if possible want to know what to avoid T_T
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 19:34   Link #215
yuiichi9

I also want to known what happen in those pictures of vol 5. If someone could pm about it. Thanks in advance. mike211 I don't think there is such a rule, after all this is the light novel thread.
yuiichi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 19:39   Link #216
ImperialFlameGod8190

yuuichi u missed the part about its an unspoken rule is there officially a rule no but its frowned upon that's all
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 19:56   Link #217
blackwhite67
Banned

Who do you guys feel is the main heroine, i.e. the girl our protagonist will end up with?
Old 2013-08-20, 20:05   Link #218
ImperialFlameGod8190

heh blackwhite that's always the question but for some reason I suspect nobody in this one
Old 2013-08-20, 20:44   Link #219
bakapervert
A pervert

^ So far only Sefi that look like he will end up with Kuro. Still no sign at all about Hinako till now.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 20:53   Link #220
ImperialFlameGod8190

whats to prevent sefi from being killed as well cause u know that's what the enemies next move is

Tags
fantasy, harem, mf bunko j