AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-03-21, 22:07   Link #1
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

Just Watched Gundam SEED Special Edition

Just finished watching the first part of 2-part Gundam SEED Special Edition aired on TV (Tokyo) today in widescreen format. The second part will be aired tomorrow. Each part is 55 minutes in length.

The opening scene was Kira and Athrun in their childhood meeting in a garden. The final scene of the first part was Kira returning Lacus to Athrun in their Strike-Aegis space meeting.

Pink-chan RuleZ again.

HaRoRuleZ
HaRoRuleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 22:10   Link #2
brightman
Ancient Member

Hey Haro, nice to see you around again

How were the "new cuts"? Anything worthy of mention?
Old 2004-03-21, 22:17   Link #3
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

hey haro welcome back, i was also wondering, is there anything really new about the special edition? fight scene, love scene, anything?
<xellos> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 22:32   Link #4
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

Hi brightman and xellos.

Only new thing was widescreen. There was no new scene so far. Should call it "Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Special Cram Edition for Beginners." Heliopolis collapsed in 25 minutes which was still very slow. Will see how the final scene looks.

4 days to SEED DVD 13 release, 5-minute OVA inclusive.

Last edited by HaRoRuleZ; 2004-03-21 at 23:45.
Old 2004-03-21, 22:46   Link #5
brightman
Ancient Member

You can say that again According to previews the second part will take us to the end of the Andy fight... Sounds nuts.

Anyway, can't wait to see the 5 minute OVA thing. Hopefully it won't be too disappointing.
Old 2004-03-21, 23:12   Link #6
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Damnit I don't want a 5 minute OVA, I want Gundam Seed 2!!!!!!!! I'll give my first-born child for it
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 23:50   Link #7
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
You can say that again According to previews the second part will take us to the end of the Andy fight... Sounds nuts.
Yeah, just checked with the SEED web site. It will end there. Maybe there will be anothere unannounced two parts.
Old 2004-03-21, 23:58   Link #8
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

lol why would they make a "special" OVA that doesnt even tell the whole story?

thats poop
<xellos> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 00:05   Link #9
LynnieS

Grrr. They're airing the shows in the middle of the morning! And me without a VCR/TiVo handy.

Is school out already, though? I still saw students while walking to the office this morning.
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 00:05   Link #10
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRoRuleZ
Yeah, just checked with the SEED web site. It will end there. Maybe there will be anothere unannounced two parts.
Yeah, these two parts only make up "Special Edition Part 1"... So you can bet that there will be more...

I wonder why they didn't just make these theatrical movies though? They sound like they are essentially the same thing as the other Gundam compilation movies, except each "movie" is further divided into two...
Old 2004-03-22, 00:18   Link #11
gundam na jutso

are these 2 55 minute episode licend yet of will it be fan subbed
gundam na jutso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 00:23   Link #12
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundam na jutso
are these 2 55 minute episode licend yet of will it be fan subbed
There are no indication that these will be released here... But who knows...
Old 2004-03-22, 01:22   Link #13
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga

Once again., Bandai US own everything Gundam, and in relevance to this topic, own everything Gundam Seed. This Means all video (which includes OAV's, Specials, movies, TV series), Audio (soundtrack, Voices), Toys and other merchandise, artwork, and etc.
Tabiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 02:43   Link #14
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
Grrr. They're airing the shows in the middle of the morning! And me without a VCR/TiVo handy.

Is school out already, though? I still saw students while walking to the office this morning.
Why not get those computers with HD-recording capabilities instead? It's that or a new HD-DVD recorder for my summer bonus.

It should be graduation/end of school year week by now.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 05:37   Link #15
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Why not get those computers with HD-recording capabilities instead? It's that or a new HD-DVD recorder for my summer bonus.

It should be graduation/end of school year week by now.
No room really - and I'm going for the minimalist look at my new apartment (easier to clean, for one) - and the desktop that I had built with HD-recording is still on a ship somewhere in the Pacific. I'm also not really sure if it'll work properly here in Japan...

Good to know re graduation schedule. Maybe I won't be run over by kids riding on bicycles this school year after all!

:topicon: (heh...)

I wonder, however, if there's nothing new about the two specials, will they be listed on AS? Leaving aside the whole licensing argument, what would be the point? The 5-minute OVA would be interesting to see, but it might just be included on a R1-release disc at some point.

Up to the mods, I would say, to decide... and more power to them.
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 08:18   Link #16
ognir

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRoRuleZ
Hi brightman and xellos.

Only new thing was widescreen. There was no new scene so far. Should call it "Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Special Cram Edition for Beginners." Heliopolis collapsed in 25 minutes which was still very slow. Will see how the final scene looks.

4 days to SEED DVD 13 release, 5-minute OVA inclusive.

No, there WAS new scene, you can find it at the following website :

http://wgalland.hp.infoseek.co.jp/
ognir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 08:54   Link #17
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabiree
Once again., Bandai US own everything Gundam, and in relevance to this topic, own everything Gundam Seed. This Means all video (which includes OAV's, Specials, movies, TV series), Audio (soundtrack, Voices), Toys and other merchandise, artwork, and etc.
It doesn't mean that they've licensed EVERYTHING and will release EVERYTHING. And its been shown with the original SD Gundam and Gundam W: Odds & Even that they won't be releasing all the Gundam shows here.
Old 2004-03-22, 09:52   Link #18
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ognir
No, there WAS new scene, you can find it at the following website :

http://wgalland.hp.infoseek.co.jp/
You were right. Thanks for correcting. I told myself while watching I did not quite sure remember seeing the scene Fllay hugging Kira with expressive joy the first time she met Kira inside Arch Angel (if you are a fan of Fllay, that scene was worth watching, 4 and a half stars) then moved on to SSigh (her distant feelings toward Ssigh was well observed comparing to the former scene with Kira). For the others new scenes I was out of concentration for the last 20 minutes.

I for one do not feel this edition is a good basis for SEED movie (if there will be one but it is most likely according to the works done on this edition). I guess next edition should be aired at the beginning of summer (another 3 months), then fall and winter. Spring was mentioned for this edition. How is about the idea of 4-season Gundam SEED edition to kill the year 2004 then the movie in 2005?
Old 2004-03-22, 21:08   Link #19
brightman
Ancient Member

A Fukuda interview concerning this movie was posted over at http://aeug.blogspot.com/

Quote:
Miri: Besides the normal TV footage, I heard there are new parts...?
Fukuda: There are. We have the equivalent of one episode's worth of new footage.
Miri: That many! Does this mean there are never before seen/heard scenes or lines?
Fukuda: Of course (laughs). If it didn't, what's the point of the new footage?
Miri: Right.
Fukuda: New parts like never before seen footage, re-editing a certain shot with new backgrounds and effects or tweaking the screen results. In other words, there are 2 types of new footage.
Miri: After you say that, I want to ask "Where is the new footage at?"
Fukuda: Hmm. Where do you see the first new scene, line, and what parts were edited?... For that you have to watch it.
Miri: Heh, had a feeling you would say that...
Fukuda: There are some subtle changes so I would like the viewers to carefully check. Hmm, to strongly suggest, characters that didn't appear in the series.
Miri: What?! Who is that?
Fukuda: Like a ZAFT soldier that was with Athrun... The rest is secret. (We at Gunota think Fukuda is talking about Rusty)
Miri: Yay. People that weren't seen are appearing as new characters. Who could that be...!?
A whole new episode of new footage Sounds like you missed quite a bit Haro (though I guess these are spread out through the whole thing)
Old 2004-03-22, 22:12   Link #20
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

The second part just ended.

SEX! SEX! SEX! More sex scenes.

Kira-Fllay relationship was extensively elaborated. In addition to the famous sex scene, more love-making flashes were added to answer any doubts whether they actually did it including a probably climax flash.

The new cut on the first desert fight was good and aroused into excitement by a new insert song from T.M. Revolution, probably from the new album. There may be new fight scenes which I was not certain to distinguish.

Naked scene of Cagalli taking a shower was probably new too. There were more scenes on Martin, I think.

The commercial spot on SEED MSV was so good. I am not sure whether it is from that lottery SEED MSV DVD.

Edit:

Just read that interview brightman. So that new insert song should be "Zips." It aroused me to a higher degree than "Meteor" with fight scenes. Two thumbs up for that fight sequence.

At this moment I did not perceive anything special with "ZAFT soldier that was with Athrun." Have to rewatch. The person worth being added the new scenes or flashbacks subsequently should be Miguel.

Last edited by HaRoRuleZ; 2004-03-22 at 22:37.