AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-18, 10:44   Link #281
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Anyone saw the web-based game at the "L change the world" movie official site?

http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/L-movie/room/index.html

Basically, there are 3 stages and you are supposed to break the code and search for stuffs in the room to accomplish the 3 missions...

Quite boring, but well... it's DN so... =)
Old 2008-06-03, 12:49   Link #282
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

anyone has read this "shocking" news?

"The production notes for the recent horror films Shutter and The Strangers both reveal that America's Vertigo Entertainment is developing a remake of the Death Note franchise and has hired Vlas and Charles Parlapanides to write the screenplay. In Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata's hit Death Note manga, a teenager finds a notebook with which he can put people to death by writing their names. He begins a self-anointed crusade against the criminals of the world, and a cat-and-mouse game begins with the authorities and one idiosyncratic genius detective.

Vertigo Entertainment (no relation to DC Comics' Vertigo imprint or the United Kingdom's Vertigo Films) has developed or is developing remakes of Ju-on (The Grudge), Dark Water, Infernal Affairs (The Departed), Gin gwai (The Eye), Shutter, My Sassy Girl, Jungdok (Possession), and Janghwa, Hongryeon (The Uninvited). The Parlapanides brothers are writers and executive producers of Undercover, an update of the 21 Jump Street television series which is under development for the CW network.

The Death Note manga has already been adapted into two Japanese live-action films with one spinoff film, an animated television series, assorted television specials, and novels. Viz Media is releasing the manga, the anime series, and a novel, while Viz Pictures released the first Japanese live-action film in theaters in May. "

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...th-note-remake

Wonder who will be who....

Hmmmmm...
Old 2008-06-04, 23:38   Link #283
Gundampilotspaz

Send a message via AIM to Gundampilotspaz
Over 65,000 Watch 1st Death Note Film in U.S. Theaters
Old 2008-07-11, 16:56   Link #284
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

DN movies have NEVER been released in my area (New York)

Btw, how was it in US theater? Japanese dub with English sub ?
Old 2008-07-12, 21:14   Link #285
sainclaire
This space for rent.

Send a message via AIM to sainclaire
Heard Zac Effron was going to play Light. :\

Personally, it was painful for me to sit through the first movie. I didn't really like the actors nor did I think the movie was technically superior.
Old 2008-07-12, 21:47   Link #286
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Petition to Cast Kenichi Matsuyama as L in "Death Note" US remake :

http://www.petitiononline.com/L1985/petition.html

Please lend me your signatures!!!!

Last edited by Tenken's Smile; 2008-07-17 at 22:22.
Old 2008-07-18, 13:26   Link #287
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

This morning, I phoned Vertigo Entertainment and asked them about the TRUTH of this "Death Note remake" , and their answer is:

It's NOT a rumor !!!

Last edited by Tenken's Smile; 2008-07-23 at 12:26.
Old 2008-07-18, 23:30   Link #288
sainclaire
This space for rent.

Send a message via AIM to sainclaire
Well, we already knew that. :P
Old 2008-08-03, 18:55   Link #289
cereal_killerxx

For anyone who doesn't know, the L Change the World movie is currently downloadable
Old 2008-08-11, 13:32   Link #290
saku-san
L-sama's little sister
*Author

i love all the DN movies ^_^
-i deleated the other one cuz i couldnt get it to work
Old 2008-08-12, 16:11   Link #291
Coruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken's Smile View Post
Petition to Cast Kenichi Matsuyama as L in "Death Note" US remake :

http://www.petitiononline.com/L1985/petition.html

Please lend me your signatures!!!!
That wouldn't make sense, because I'm pretty sure Kenichi doesn't speak perfect english. Also, L is one of the few characters that aren't japanese in the original story.

Although Kenichi is pretty much THE perfect Ryuuzaki, he should stay in the original live-action movies.

Also, live with it, they are going to americanize the story. Shinigami don't even exist in the western culture. And there are SO many things they will change, whether we like it or not.

Nevertheless I am excited about the remake. I have been thinking Kevin Zegers could be cast as Light, he's a decent actor.
Old 2008-08-12, 16:30   Link #292
Echoes

Yeah, expecting the same actors to appear in the American remake is just unrealistic, the language barrier being one of the problems as mentioned. I'm not very excited about this at all either, the movies, especially the first, was already far inferior to the anime. I'm expecting the American remake to be even worse, though it might still be enjoyable.
Old 2008-08-12, 16:52   Link #293
Coruja

I did not love the japanese movies either, some things were way too over-the-top for me to enjoy... However I'd like to think that the american remake will be based on the manga instead of based on the live-action.
Old 2008-08-12, 19:19   Link #294
saku-san
L-sama's little sister
*Author

well after reading that there will be a remake all i can say is wat i've said like 2 years ago in another site:
if any n i mean any of the HSM cast is in it i will not watch it!!!!
it is posible that they do that but thats just me Zac can b light but he cant act
ken'nichi cant speak english all to well i've seen him speak it n... no but he IS L he IS n will ONLY be L in my eyes but thats only my opinion ^_^
but if they do remake it then there is a chance that there will be a better script n wont be w/ light havein a GF cuz to be honest that was just some bull there ^_^
Old 2008-08-12, 19:26   Link #295
seracx3

i havent watched the movie yet. im kind of scared that i might regret watching it so i just decided to watch just the anime.
Old 2008-08-13, 06:17   Link #296
Coruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by saku-san View Post
well after reading that there will be a remake all i can say is wat i've said like 2 years ago in another site:
if any n i mean any of the HSM cast is in it i will not watch it!!!!
it is posible that they do that but thats just me Zac can b light but he cant act
ken'nichi cant speak english all to well i've seen him speak it n... no but he IS L he IS n will ONLY be L in my eyes but thats only my opinion ^_^
but if they do remake it then there is a chance that there will be a better script n wont be w/ light havein a GF cuz to be honest that was just some bull there ^_^
Let's talk about close-minded! Why the hell would you guys believe a rumour that surfaced WAY before they announced the damn remake? That's not particularly smart.

And giva a chance for the new L.
Old 2008-08-13, 16:31   Link #297
saku-san
L-sama's little sister
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraFilipa View Post
Let's talk about close-minded! Why the hell would you guys believe a rumour that surfaced WAY before they announced the damn remake? That's not particularly smart.

And giva a chance for the new L.
well it wasnt it we were just sayin that IF they do
but now that the are my anime club is a bit pissed about it but thats kool w/ me
any one can play L
just as long as no one from HMS is in there thats all
Old 2008-08-13, 16:57   Link #298
Coruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by saku-san View Post
well it wasnt it we were just sayin that IF they do
but now that the are my anime club is a bit pissed about it but thats kool w/ me
any one can play L
just as long as no one from HMS is in there thats all
Don't worry, this remake will be totally HMS-free. I'm sure about that!
And I'm sorry if I was rude, but my english is still quite poor, so...
Old 2008-08-13, 21:47   Link #299
saku-san
L-sama's little sister
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraFilipa View Post
Don't worry, this remake will be totally HMS-free. I'm sure about that!
And I'm sorry if I was rude, but my english is still quite poor, so...
ah its kool then ^_^
now harm no foul ^_^
just that i have been saying that for the longest ever scence i found out about the DEATH NOTE LIVE ACTION MOVIES thats all cuz i know that is the worst way they can KILL DEATH NOTE thats all ^_^
-after them killing all the best horror movies like ,ringu n all it only the way that they would probably go
Old 2008-08-27, 05:09   Link #300
blewin

Just watched L: change the world. It certainly gives L more human quality, makes his story so very much more poignant, and make us viewers want him to live so much more.

Spoiler for L change the world:

I think DN has potential to spawn many more movies revolving around Watari's organisation. Even with L, there could be movies about his work before he took up the Kira case, but unless the psychological aspect of the stories is written well, DN will just be demoted to another endless spawning franchise that degrades its qualities.
Closed Thread