AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-04-23, 15:24   Link #1061
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Kannagi for one (burning manga volumes or cutting them does seem pretty bad). There was also that game... ugh cannot remember the name where otaku's got mad over the heroine interacting with some other guy other than the main male which seemed to suggest a close relationship and it got quite a shitty storm as well.

In fact in Kannagi's case I also blame the otaku rage for the author's sickness partially as well... Apparently she was sick before but it worsened after the otaku's rage...

And now it is unclear if it will ever be finished as its still on a hiatus, seems like the mangaka doenst want to touch Kannagi mess anytime in the near future afraid to stir up wasps nest again.

And i am not saying its OK, just that its nothing big as it happens quite a lot and its not the otaku focused thing as you try to portray it happens all around.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 15:45   Link #1062
Rainrir
Tin Can

My point is that it happens MORE nowadays than in the past, and regardless of era there is NO justification for that. Of course I am naturally going to be focused on the Otaku-centric rings, because this is the cause of the incident with Kei: Crazy Otakus and their crazy crusade to verbally attack people (few have the guts to show in person, but god save us from the extreme fringes that do). That being said, not all otakus are evil people. I am specifically refering to those that do crazy things.

Perhaps it has something to do with Japan's economic decline or something. That left lots of young men hanging around with no day job or becoming hikkikomoris or whatever. When there is no real career or greater cause to work on. Aimless young men become reactionary to the most minute things, including ani-manga culture (not gonna lower the mainstream into the fringe by calling it "otaku culture"). I am not saying things like that don't happen in other fields, but the ani-manga one is just hard to watch because I grew up with it...and I see that it is heading into a dark, depressing future. It is like watching Disneyland becoming something out of HP Lovecraft!

As for the blurb...maybe I will post it up on the fanclub or something.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 16:04   Link #1063
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Ooh... I love HP Lovecraft. >.>

Dagon Duck... Cthulu Mouse... Nyarlethogoof. I could see it!
Old 2010-04-23, 20:09   Link #1064
ZeKeR
Superbad

wait... why the hell is HPL here?
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 17:18   Link #1065
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Chapter 32 is up at imanga.
Old 2010-04-26, 01:19   Link #1066
KrimzonStriker

Had a chance to read it, was an interesting build-up chapter as all the characters are struggling to come to terms with their feelings, makes me curious to know what will be happening on the date now.
Old 2010-04-26, 04:06   Link #1067
Muyasuki

Just read 32 . . . did anyone else think that Eri stole that chapter?
Muyasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 06:07   Link #1068
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
And who was it that said Eri and the others weren't Utsu's real friends? Eri was so cute how she was sitting while talking to Utsu. Very cute overall this chapter she was.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 07:07   Link #1069
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
And who was it that said Eri and the others weren't Utsu's real friends? Eri was so cute how she was sitting while talking to Utsu. Very cute overall this chapter she was.
I did and a few others because at that time it really looked like they are just a mock figures around rather than real friends concerned about him. Now the same statement would be much harder to state obviously.
Old 2010-04-26, 08:05   Link #1070
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Oh man. I feel so bad for both girls, more so for Oonuma.

God this manga is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyasuki View Post
Just read 32 . . . did anyone else think that Eri stole that chapter?
She totally did. She's a great character.
Old 2010-04-26, 08:36   Link #1071
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Eri was the best. The look on her face when she saw Risa, the way she laid into both Utsumi and Yuki (especially Yuki). She's going to be one of the major catalysts in this, I think.
Old 2010-04-26, 09:08   Link #1072
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm feeling bad for Risa right now, I hope things turn out well for her after all of this.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 11:22   Link #1073
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Eri was the best. The look on her face when she saw Risa, the way she laid into both Utsumi and Yuki (especially Yuki). She's going to be one of the major catalysts in this, I think.
It was pretty comical when she was checking Risa out. Although, that panel didn't do her character design justice.

And I don't think it'll be just her, but all of Utsumi's friends. But what's great is that the 'catalysts' are natural and most of all, believable. In other stories sometimes you have some stupid event or some unlikely something happen.

This manga hits home so much because it's more real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I'm feeling bad for Risa right now, I hope things turn out well for her after all of this.
Yeah, she really is hopelessly in love with the poor sap.

RISA END!!
Old 2010-04-26, 11:51   Link #1074
Cinocard

Quote:
Yeah, I like the girl too, all all that.

But I have wanted to say this for a while: Does anybody think that her design is ugly? I mean, this manga art isn't anything great in the first place, but for a girl that is supposed to be a "beauty," I find even no name characters to look better than her.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 11:55   Link #1075
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post

But I have wanted to say this for a while: Does anybody think that her design is ugly? I mean, this manga art isn't anything great in the first place, but for a girl that is supposed to be a "beauty," I find even no name characters to look better than her.
I dunno, I think she's cute, could use a different hairstyle though, I'm not a big fan of the "exposed forehead" look. I think the author was going for a mature hottie appeal. Remember Utsumi originally thought she was older.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 11:57   Link #1076
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I dunno, I think she's cute, could use a different hairstyle though, I'm not a big fan of the "exposed forehead" look. I think the author was going for a mature hottie appeal. Remember Utsumi originally thought she was older.
Definitely. Her hair could be fixed up a bit. And I hope she stops blushing so much. She needs to gain her composure, but I think we all know that won't happen. She is going to remain vulnerable and it's going to be rough.
Old 2010-04-26, 12:29   Link #1077
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post

100% agree. I think she is the most ugly of all girls presented in the GE so far. But sometimes mangaka's overdo it/ Like they say that the girl is supposed to be super duper beauty, model like etc but eventually such characters do not look better than the normal ones and quite usually even end up looking worse.

One Piece's Boa Hancock is different - she is supposed to be most beautiful woamn of the seas and frankly from all OP girls she definitely looks like one.

And Risa's design does look the most ugly from all main GE girls. Yuki's design is the best its just that her character makes me cringe... While Risa is opposite - good character (so far) but the outer look makes me cringe.
Old 2010-04-26, 15:20   Link #1078
Xagzan

I would like Risa's design just as much as the others if she covers up the forehead a little.

I think GE has great character design myself. Although Kei could really work on drawing blushes that don't look like giant random lines on a person's face.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 16:01   Link #1079
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally chap 32 :

I agree , Eri was great , i liked her faces ^^
Rika will wear a beautiful dress
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 17:43   Link #1080
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I would like Risa's design just as much as the others if she covers up the forehead a little.

I think GE has great character design myself. Although Kei could really work on drawing blushes that don't look like giant random lines on a person's face.
I notized the simplistic blushes but I have to say they work very well, GE blushes are always very intense to me
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi