AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-26, 02:13   Link #121
Zakoo

I'm ready for this.

A fire emblem with the return of support talk and moar romance? Heck, the world can't end as long as I didn't do the best couple.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 02:51   Link #122
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
What game doesn't? Heck, even action games can only move in the ways they are programmed and if you repeat an action over and over again, it won't change.
No what I mean is that we are watching from a stationary spot and seeing a character run forward and attack. Or else raise their hands and summon fire. or ect.

If you have played a fire emblem game you know that you are not actually moving the character. It's basically a choose "attack" then watch a movie of your character attack said enemy.

thus why I feel the graphics should be able to be twice that compared to a full 3D action adventure game or a first person shooter or any other genre.

Heck they even have an option in settings where you can skip the "movie" and it just slashes your game pieces on the board for damage. That's because thats all it is, a movie. You are watching the exact same attack for the entire game with said character. Only difference is sometimes its a critical. So then there is at most 2 attacks per character.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 07:25   Link #123
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
Sounds like the game is going to not come out in a while so maybe this gets improved a lot, but as of now tad dissapointed.
It's already released in Japan. What makes you think they're going to spend the time and money to improve the graphics for a western release?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 11:34   Link #124
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's already released in Japan. What makes you think they're going to spend the time and money to improve the graphics for a western release?
didn't know that it was already released.

I spend less time looking at games that aren't out in U.S. yet than I did in the past. I used to research them and anticipate their release too much before I got my hands on them that by the time I did I didn't enjoy them cause it seemed like I already had played the game.

Thus I don't know much about htis game, and also its release in Japan as a mystery as well.

I guess I should wait and see how it looks on 3ds screen as well. I mean I'm watching that video on a 27" monitor in full screen at 1080p. seeing it on a 4" screen with smaller resolution I'm sure will look quite drastically different. Maybe those jaggies I see won't even be noticable.

Still though based on the CGI movies, i wish the in-engine characters looked more skyward sword art style, than their current look.

FYI I usually never copmlain about graphics in any game, so its not like I'm a graphics whore. Just wish the art style was different based on the CGI trailers, and wish it was better due to the style of the game. Feel like it could utilize more power cause it is esentially just showing a movie for each attack.
Old 2012-10-26, 15:11   Link #125
GDB

At least this Fire Emblem has the characters make contact with the enemies when they attack. Used to be they just did their stuff on their half of the screen and the other half reacted.
Old 2012-10-26, 15:58   Link #126
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
At least this Fire Emblem has the characters make contact with the enemies when they attack. Used to be they just did their stuff on their half of the screen and the other half reacted.
I'm pretty sure every Fire emblem I've played (and ive played a lot of Fire emblem throughout the years) has had attacks making contact. There's some iffy attack animations in the GBA games but nothing like say Mario RPG.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 17:34   Link #127
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I'm pretty sure every Fire emblem I've played (and ive played a lot of Fire emblem throughout the years) has had attacks making contact. There's some iffy attack animations in the GBA games but nothing like say Mario RPG.
I think GDB means reactions. From the GBA games and back, if an attack lands, the most the unit being attacked will do is flash (and disappear if they die).

The only Fire Emblem games where the units stagger from being hit are the 3D ones.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 18:43   Link #128
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
No what I mean is that we are watching from a stationary spot and seeing a character run forward and attack. Or else raise their hands and summon fire. or ect.
You can set the camera during battles, so that it switches to behind your character, or a close up. It is hardly as stiff as you make it out to be.
Quote:
If you have played a fire emblem game you know that you are not actually moving the character. It's basically a choose "attack" then watch a movie of your character attack said enemy.
...What are you expecting with a Tactical RPG?
Quote:
thus why I feel the graphics should be able to be twice that compared to a full 3D action adventure game or a first person shooter or any other genre.
That's the complete opposite: the game isn't supposed to immerse you in a 3D adventure, so there is no damn reason for them to make "mindblowing" graphics. And frankly, FE has an excellent graphic engine for the 3DS, with absolutely no framerate drop.
Quote:
Heck they even have an option in settings where you can skip the "movie" and it just slashes your game pieces on the board for damage. That's because thats all it is, a movie. You are watching the exact same attack for the entire game with said character. Only difference is sometimes its a critical. So then there is at most 2 attacks per character.
That's because the primary genre of this game is a TRPG, which means the fights by themselves can be summarized by numbers alone. The thing however is that unlike previous FE, you have different animations for the same characters, and you have other interactions such like combined attack and defense etc.

I find your points quite strange since they either miss the point of the genre of the game, or you simply complain something that has nothing to do with the game.
Old 2012-10-27, 03:14   Link #129
Destined_Fate

Those that can't wait for this can always look into the english patch being finalized for FE12 that should be coming out by next month.

Anyway, for this I'm unable to choose.

Tiamo.. Or her daughter Selena and her Tsundere goodness?

Lucina somehow managed to become quite popular as well.

If only we could have a harem in this game. For both MU and FeMU. Though I apologize to any players that are into Yaoi or Yuri since those aren't options in this due to the children system.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 15:43   Link #130
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
What is Fire Emblem World exactly, just a website or some new crossover game? Also holy crap is there a lot of DLC. Awakening easily has to be the longest Fire Emblem game to date by a wide margin.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 01:51   Link #131
Destined_Fate

It is the first time they've done DLC as well for the FE series. That's why the first batch was just about popular characters. They were taken by surprise at how well the DLC was selling that they decided on more DLC and increased the quality of the next batch by a wide margin. The Alternate Future DLC series is pretty good and explains more about the children and there's the challenge ones as well.

Finally there is the fluff one that's going to add a ton of dialogue between the base game characters in different scenarios. Like a Festival Episode, a Beach Episode, and a Hot Springs Episode. Now they're just missing a High School Episode.

No idea on Worlds.
Old 2012-10-31, 12:03   Link #132
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
It is the first time they've done DLC as well for the FE series. That's why the first batch was just about popular characters. They were taken by surprise at how well the DLC was selling that they decided on more DLC and increased the quality of the next batch by a wide margin. The Alternate Future DLC series is pretty good and explains more about the children and there's the challenge ones as well.

Finally there is the fluff one that's going to add a ton of dialogue between the base game characters in different scenarios. Like a Festival Episode, a Beach Episode, and a Hot Springs Episode. Now they're just missing a High School Episode.

No idea on Worlds.
How is the DLC price wise.

I know Nintendo is a good company in regards to DLC, they don't charge much or else if they feel its not something worth charging.

For example Animal Crossing 3DS will be free DLC stuff
New Super mario Bros 2 had DLC that was only $2.50

What did they do for Fire Emblem.

Hope they not copying every other company and no matter how trivial its $10. such as $10 for a costume, ect.
Old 2012-10-31, 12:15   Link #133
GDB

I think FE was around the same price ($2-$3).
Old 2012-10-31, 15:37   Link #134
Destined_Fate

It can get pricey. Though none of the DLC is really required unless you want to do Lunatic+ Challenge DLC maps than you are required to get the Limit Breaker skill which is at the end of the characters DLC. So yeah, that can get pricey.

Personally I'm just getting the Support Maps, the Alternate Future Series, and Lyn Character DLC map(and the things required to get it. I forgot if it had any requirements). Oh, and the free Spotpass characters like Paris.
Old 2013-01-14, 16:39   Link #135
jedinat

So according to this preview: "The Japanese voice track is available in addition to English."

My interest soared.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 22:54   Link #136
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Welp, looks like either the NA streetdate has been broken, or they decided to release it early.

And man, Lunatic mode is FRIGGING hard (and I think RNG favors the computer, as three times already they crit either Chrom or Robin with only 3% crit chance lol). I wanted to pair up childhood friends, but the way it is going, I think I might just pair them up with other people for powergaming reasons (as looking at stats, pairing for example Chrom with Sully gimps two children units for example).

Oh well, I guess I have to settle for the children units then to be paired up for childhood friends. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 23:10   Link #137
Alchemist007
*Author

Hadn't looked into this series before now, the demo for Awakening was pretty nice. Might pick up the title sometime. Seems some of the older titles weren't released to the US, that's a bummer at least for the newer ones (like Shin Monshou no Nazo).
Old 2013-01-31, 00:40   Link #138
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

ign gives it a 9.6 - http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...akening-review
that's a pretty good start already. ^_____^

i already pre-ordered this game on amazon. i hope they wont be delay or anything because
of potential delay due to shortage of the games; this game is selling like candies.

i'll probably start the game as a male avatar because i want him to marry Olivia. <3
i'll have Chrom marry Sumia. and then on the second play thru, i'll make a female
avatar and have her marry....i dont know any of the male cast yet. and have her
boy Mark marry Lucina (Chrom's daughter). cant hardly wait for this game to come out.
i've love ALL the previous Fire Emblem i played before
and this one is going to be a BLAST.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-01-31, 12:16   Link #139
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Hadn't looked into this series before now, the demo for Awakening was pretty nice. Might pick up the title sometime. Seems some of the older titles weren't released to the US, that's a bummer at least for the newer ones (like Shin Monshou no Nazo).
That's the only one that wasn't released in the US since FE7, and it's likely because the first half of the game is 99% identical to Shadow Dragon (or whatever the remake of FE1 was called).

Personally, I was going to go male Avatar and marry Lucina, but I've since decided I may prefer to go female and marry Chrom, and just make a ridiculously strong team that supports everyone (which I can't do with the characters I want if I go male Avatar). Decisions, decisions...
Old 2013-01-31, 13:46   Link #140
JohnNiles

Thought I would look into this game after all the buzz, but difficulty in pre-ordering it has diminished my enthusiasm quite a bit.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, fire emblem