AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-03, 04:09   Link #121
evil_kenshin

latest ep was generally fanservice but mostly flashback, bit disappointing but atleast next week the story is set to continue.
Old 2013-07-08, 13:25   Link #122
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 14:
Old 2013-07-08, 13:37   Link #123
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Finally new OP and ED, hated that first OP with passion!

Notices a new busty female in OP behind Jinbei's father..........

Still wondering how powerful Matsunohara since he killed an Insect Hunter while his superior thinks he's just a lackey.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 14:22   Link #124
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Finally new OP and ED, hated that first OP with passion!

Notices a new busty female in OP behind Jinbei's father..........

Still wondering how powerful Matsunohara since he killed an Insect Hunter while his superior thinks he's just a lackey.
Yeah the new opening is cool (but the ending is so-so...)

Bet she's his mother.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 16:26   Link #125
kuromitsu

I like both the new OP and ED, neither is fantastic but they're okay. It's strange, though, that Mugai is almost completely absent from the OP. Also, Yukimura would be a lot more menacing if he didn't appear to be wearing shorts.

As for the episode, I quite liked it, due to all that death it was darker than what we've seen previously. I quite liked Shirasakaki and his huge cannons (ineffectual as they were ), I hope he'll appear some more.

(Also - so Jinbei has a fondness for dangos, too... to say nothing of Sasuke's floating position being eerily similar to a certain other Sasuke's favorite crouching position. Perhaps the it's just a ninja thing, though I haven't seen it elsewhere...)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 14:00   Link #126
bulukan

sorry if someone has asked this..

i want to know if the anime adaptation based on the first manga or the remake one ?

Thanks..
bulukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 19:57   Link #127
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

I think its the remake.
Old 2013-07-14, 11:39   Link #128
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Just caught up to episode 11, I let myself fall behind at around episode 8 a mistake because the Kuroageha arc was interesting from start to finish. Kuroageha is officially my favourite character as well.
Old 2013-07-15, 07:43   Link #129
Avaricia
My Lord

Damn! This anime keeps getting better and better every episode. His Mum and Dad are awesome especially when they were fighting , btw any news of his mother on the manga?
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 10:29   Link #130
Miraluka
Banned

Just caught up with the series.

Jinbei is such an airhead, I like the guy, he is too good for his own good that can end betrayed by others, Kuroageha had to pay the price for her distrust on him.

Mugai is a jerk, to take Jinbei on a mission to die because he thinks of think him as a weakling, the part where Jinbei used himself as a bait while grabbing the bugs tentacles to let Mugai attack was moving. That was a slap to Mugai's face.

From the looks of the plot it seems the Mushi Hunters come from a village that was slaughtered by Kuroageha and what they do is avenge their people, right?

Btw, what the hell Jinbei is? He went Inuyasha's devil on everyone on the island almost making the fight into a one-sided slaughter. He turned like that just because one hair eh, wonder what a mouthfull will do? No, seriously, is he a half demon whose supernatural half reacted to a supernatural being like Kuroageha?

It seems on Osaka, the mutant humans wants Kuroageha to be the bride of their lord ...
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 13:25   Link #131
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So we finally see jinbei's mom. She was probably even greater then his dad. Now i really wonder what happened to her. Like how Ieshige and the Magistrate became comrades. Ieshige's room is like a shrine for Jinbei.
Old 2013-07-15, 17:20   Link #132
Tenzen12

This episode was comedy gold. 5 percent of plot 95 of pure fun

I guess Jinbei parents visited all dating spots back than.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 17:51   Link #133
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
So we finally see jinbei's mom. She was probably even greater then his dad. Now i really wonder what happened to her. Like how Ieshige and the Magistrate became comrades. Ieshige's room is like a shrine for Jinbei.
There is your answer .
Old 2013-07-18, 21:43   Link #134
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Oh man Ieshige's room. Looks like Jinbei has his first true fanboy. I wouldn't mind one of those plushies's myself.

I love how the fight between Jinbei's mom and dad, was pretty much just them courting. :P

And the body count from the insect men just keeps going up.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 13:25   Link #135
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Well that guy is an idiot for trying to work with Yukimura, but i guess he had no option since he wanted to save the people of his province. Though he tried to keep the princess from entering it worked against him. Nice job of Jinbei again, but too bad he didn't kill the insect-man again.
Old 2013-07-22, 14:45   Link #136
kuromitsu

This show is just getting better and better... Episode 16 wasn't as awesome as the previous ones, but it was very enjoyable on its own and I hope that whatever they're building up to will be as good as the buildup itself. I guess Munenao didn't want to give Yukimura the chance to get his hands on the Mushibugyou, but it seems like there's more to it? Munenao seems to know something that Yukimura doesn't. Also, I wonder where the Insect Hunters disappeared to. One would imagine Yukimura & gang and whatever is growing at Osaka Castle would be their prime targets...

By the way, I really like it how people keep going "weh?" when Yukimura appears, since he's supposed to be long dead. Anime tends not to pay too much attention to historical accuracy, and Mushibugyou is no exception, but small things like this help reminding the viewer of the setting.

And then there are things like Suwabe Junichi and Fujiwara Keiji in the same scene. Are they trying to kill me? (Why isn't there a nosebleeding emoticon? ) And Inoue Kazuhiko! I haven't heard him since... well, since Red Data Girl, but it was a tiny little role so it doesn't count. By the way, KENN sounded a little raspy in this episode, I wonder if he just had a cold or if Jinbei is ruining his throat. XD

I imagine we'll enter the usual "tournament" arc where the good guys will have to fight all the Sanada ninja insect-henchmen, but even so this anime is so charming that it would have to fail really hard to make me not enjoy it.

Oh, also - Jinpachi said that he hasn't had so much fun fighting since he became an insect. Supposing that happened shortly after Osaka fell in 1615 (since that's when Yukimura died), I wonder if it has any connection to the Toyotomi.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-07-22 at 15:03.
Old 2013-07-22, 14:49   Link #137
Miraluka
Banned

Magistrate's moe level is over 9000!

Just how far does she intent to go?
Old 2013-07-22, 21:41   Link #138
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I couldn't agree more that this show just keeps getting better. Criminally underappreciated. And what a cast - Kazuhiko Inoue and Fujiwara Keiji added to this bunch?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 13:45   Link #139
kuromitsu

I just came across the latest(? I think) edition of Shounen Sunday and read the latest chapter of Mushibugyou.... without any spoilers, I really hope the anime will be able to follow the manga, because things seem pretty good.
Old 2013-07-25, 15:04   Link #140
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Just picked up this series the other day (yes, I know - I am slow in getting to things) and after the first three episodes I have found myself enjoying it quite a bit.

What a pity it has not somehow received more attention. Ah well. :\

Tags
action, shounen