AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-04, 18:24   Link #10381
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Do I have the record here for worst team anyone has ever seen (luckily I was not on it) or has anyone seen worse?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 19:24   Link #10382
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

I wonder what their Pz. III A did to gain that 1 xp. Seems pretty difficult to do.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 19:27   Link #10383
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Do I have the record here for worst team anyone has ever seen (luckily I was not on it) or has anyone seen worse?

Images
I spy an RWBladewing playing the new TD line.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 19:37   Link #10384
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
There's these yokels, but it was a tier lower... and no team kills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Images
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 19:40   Link #10385
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
I wonder what their Pz. III A did to gain that 1 xp. Seems pretty difficult to do.
Yeah... I am also really amused by how our Pz. I C did exactly 1 damage and had 1 kill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester
Yeah, uh, just don't look at my current record for it. You would not believe the stuff I have seen in that thing. (Well, anyone who has played this game for any length of time actually would believe it but it has still been pretty uncanny. I will still blame myself because I suck though.)

Quote:
There's these yokels, but it was a tier lower... and no team kills.
Yeah that's pretty bad. Less overall damage but one of them managed a kill at least. (I assume the second guy dead on your team drove into the water?)
Old 2013-11-04, 20:34   Link #10386
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I'm doing the same thing. Marder 38T is really a cute little TD. Very forgiving due to the convenient gun arcs, horizontally and vertically.
Old 2013-11-04, 21:35   Link #10387
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
I'm doing the same thing. Marder 38T is really a cute little TD. Very forgiving due to the convenient gun arcs, horizontally and vertically.
I think the only Tier 4 TD that has no particular advantages is the Somua S40; everything else either has good view range and at least one good gun choice and speed, or is a Hetzer.

Quote:
Yeah... I am also really amused by how our Pz. I C did exactly 1 damage and had 1 kill.

Yeah that's pretty bad. Less overall damage but one of them managed a kill at least. (I assume the second guy dead on your team drove into the water?)
I don't recall specifically, but since it was Province, it definitely drove off of something.

1 damage, 1 kill is barely a ram, more like a traffic accident.
Old 2013-11-04, 21:44   Link #10388
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
I think the only Tier 4 TD that has no particular advantages is the Somua S40; everything else either has good view range and at least one good gun choice and speed, or is a Hetzer.
Somua S40 looks really creepy~ It's like... a gross turtle thing that's really gross :< It makes me squirm every time I detect it. That can count as an advantage.
Old 2013-11-04, 22:08   Link #10389
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
I've started carrying a few HE rounds in many of my tanks just because of the annoying mass of WT's milling around haplessly at every tier. Feels pretty good to oneshot toasters.

Team battles are exactly like tournament play. If you have a premade team it's great and the income is really good as well (as long as you win; if you lose you get jack shit). If you can't get a coordinated team (voice comms not optional) you shouldn't even bother getting out of bed though. The optimal tryhard lineup is probably two AMX 50 100's, three IS-3's and two T1 Cunninghams, but really, most teams are pretty terrible and you can usually win easily even with one or two tier 7's on your team.
I'm having more success with team battles so far compared to the tank companies because you don't have to wait forever for the team to fill up and since there's less people involved it's easier to coordinate. Still need comms though, otherwise you will likely lose.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 23:08   Link #10390
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
There's also this team, which did damage, just pitifully little of it considering TIER 10.
Quote:
Sad team is sad shambolically horrible.

Images
I get top XP, really?
Old 2013-11-06, 11:08   Link #10391
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

This is probably useless noob advice but I figured I'd mention it anyway: If any of you ever end up on Sacred Valley with the Marder 38T, make sure to be extra careful driving near any of the bumps and small hills around the western Encounter spawn point. There are several spots that appear to be relatively flat and easily traversable but will cause you to tip ever so slightly and become completely immobilized if you drive over them. It's happened to me twice now in 2 different places. I managed to escape the first time when my tank randomly decided it would now allow me to move forward again but had to be pushed out the second time. Haven't had this issue with any other tank.

Stupid anecdote -That second time also basically lost us the game in ridiculous fashion. When I asked if someone could push me out, EVERYONE still alive on the team, including a guy halfway across the map, abandoned their positions to come do it. Like, I appreciate the help guys, but seriously?
Old 2013-11-06, 11:17   Link #10392
Gravitas Free Zone

I finally mustered up the effort to finish researching the AMX 13 75 and sold my AMX 12t. The thing is, I don't think I want to bother continuing through the French autoloader line... the whole high-tier light tank thing seems a bit broken.

And expensive. I finished the 12t grind by using an entirely-APCR ammo load and shot enough that the best I could do in a game was barely break even.

Other news: Using the Flakbus/Doomtoaster is really hot and cold. Either it's a good game with useful teammates and decent cover, or a total clusterfsck. The major issue being that if the PzSflIVC is seen at all, it dies.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-11-06 at 11:44.
Old 2013-11-06, 11:46   Link #10393
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

I have a feeling that I will hate the -5 depression of the flakbus after I finish the Marder 38T, which has been spoiling me with that very ungerman -9.
Old 2013-11-06, 11:50   Link #10394
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/11/06/t...apanese-tanks/

man JP med is more fragile than i thought. even the turret is barely sufficient

hope the gun will make up for it.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 12:02   Link #10395
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post

They are eventually going to be categorized as a glass cannons taken into the extremes. The Type 74 is apparently a Leopard I mounted with an autoloader.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 12:03   Link #10396
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post

Or just HP.

I start to value HP much more than armor these days. RNG is never my best friend and the tanks people consider heavily armored get penned every time when I drive them, and this is with angling and everything. Shots that can barely make it with max RNG always makes it and it's sickening. Only having a high HP pays off in the long run. I'd rather take a 2000 HP loltraktor than the regular Tiger II.

That said, I welcome the paper armored Japanese mediums with open arms. It's not like having armor will make a difference for me. Unless of course if it's T29 turret, which is out of reach for most max RNGs it meets.
Old 2013-11-06, 12:07   Link #10397
Gravitas Free Zone

I noted last night that while the Flakbus is taking some effort to work with, my Marder 38t's K/D after 10 games is a whopping EIGHTEEN TO ONE.

Though as I mentioned earlier, all of the tier 4 TDs except the SAu 40 are pretty good in their roles.
Old 2013-11-06, 12:16   Link #10398
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Or just HP.

I start to value HP much more than armor these days. RNG is never my best friend and the tanks people consider heavily armored get penned every time when I drive them, and this is with angling and everything. Shots that can barely make it with max RNG always makes it and it's sickening. Only having a high HP pays off in the long run. I'd rather take a 2000 HP loltraktor than the regular Tiger II.
I've been feeling this way myself lately though I've just chalked it up to every team I am against (or on) being 50-75% TDs. I must be doing something horribly wrong with the T1 Heavy though. I keep seeing people lauding that thing's incredible frontal armor but I seem to get turned into swiss cheese by even Marder IIs from the front.
Old 2013-11-06, 12:25   Link #10399
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
I've been feeling this way myself lately though I've just chalked it up to every team I am against (or on) being 50-75% TDs. I must be doing something horribly wrong with the T1 Heavy though. I keep seeing people lauding that thing's incredible frontal armor but I seem to get turned into swiss cheese by even Marder IIs from the front.
When I fight enemy T1 Heavies it's still a bit challenging when I'm of a lower tier. But yes that is a good point. When I fight against heavily armored tanks, I'm usually not a TD. But when I am using the heavily armored tanks myself, I am often being shot by like 8 TDs. That might have contributed to the observed discrepancy in addition to bad RNG. World of TDs indeed.
Old 2013-11-06, 13:06   Link #10400
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
I must be doing something horribly wrong with the T1 Heavy though. I keep seeing people lauding that thing's incredible frontal armor but I seem to get turned into swiss cheese by even Marder IIs from the front.
The round part at the bottom is somewhat bouncy, but pretty much everyone aims at the very wide flat strip at the front where the driver and radio operator are, and that's hard to hide unless the cover is really tall or it's a deep hull-down position.

Even then I have doubts about the T1HT's mantlet.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks