AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-22, 01:32   Link #5161
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

You know it's really only considered indecent if someone actually sees and complains so... yeah...

Also the name of his lawyer is coincidentally hilarious.
Old 2009-12-22, 02:29   Link #5162
Eclipze

5.30 AM in the morning.
Guy just woke up.
Guy wanted coffee.
Guy didn't expect women and child to be peeking into his property (he was in the house).
Women complains (happens to be married to a cop), guy gets arrested.

Again, switch guy and women around, and you'd have a peeping tom incident instead. Double Standards is a standard now, I suppose.
Old 2009-12-22, 04:39   Link #5163
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I think there is something wrong with the judicial system. Why isn't the woman convicted of peeping at the man on his private property?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-12-22, 08:48   Link #5164
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
I knew it. He'd better get the bases off Okinawa, or else. My ancestral lands were confiscated for the purpose of the "defence" of the Pacific by the US. Damn.
Old 2009-12-22, 08:55   Link #5165
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
What, so a man can't be on the nude in his own house now? That's just lame. I wonder what if she'd been doing it?
Old 2009-12-22, 09:02   Link #5166
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Ok, how about this.

Quote:
Stiff Fines Are Set for Long Wait on the Tarmac

Carriers that do not provide food and water after two hours or a chance to disembark after three hours will face penalties of $27,500 a passenger.

Well, why ONLY NOW? I mean, I've been stuck in planes for 6 hours on what was supposed to be a simple flight from LA to NY. But anyways, it's great that it's actually set into law now.
Old 2009-12-22, 10:00   Link #5167
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
I knew it. He'd better get the bases off Okinawa, or else. My ancestral lands were confiscated for the purpose of the "defence" of the Pacific by the US. Damn.
Lol no relocation funds? My granddad lost his store and land on due to the same reasons (there is only ONE offshore island here for that) and got quite alot of money back.

But IMO, I am rather glad that the airbases are there. The planes there could effectively counter any threat in the EA/SEA region and henceforth provide security, but the base personnel are doing the wrong things.

I propose an extended period (not permanent) while an area of land is reclaimed for a new airbase.

Quote:
Ok, how about this.

Well, why ONLY NOW? I mean, I've been stuck in planes for 6 hours on what was supposed to be a simple flight from LA to NY. But anyways, it's great that it's actually set into law now.
$27,500 isn't enough. The most expensive tickets range from $25,000 onwards and can go up to $30,000. Besides, the airline does not address the problem of DVT on airline passengers.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-12-22, 10:38   Link #5168
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Lol no relocation funds? My granddad lost his store and land on due to the same reasons (there is only ONE offshore island here for that) and got quite alot of money back.
At least the people in Tekong got $$ back. But as Japan were the losers of the war, the US deemed it ridiculous for them to pay us...

Quote:
But IMO, I am rather glad that the airbases are there. The planes there could effectively counter any threat in the EA/SEA region and henceforth provide security, but the base personnel are doing the wrong things.
You think so?
I think they should just get off to Tokyo if Nagatacho really wants them. Or Taiwan, if Taipei thinks it's necessary. Not on Okinawa, where we already kena shell, and YOU STILL WANNA TAKE AWAY OUR LAND!? Talk about victors' justice.

Quote:
I propose an extended period (not permanent) while an area of land is reclaimed for a new airbase.
Yeah right. The US has NO EXIT STRATEGY IN OKINAWA. So there.
Old 2009-12-22, 11:13   Link #5169
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Look on the bright side. Japan doesn't have to spend billions on a real Military.
Old 2009-12-22, 11:17   Link #5170
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Well, the money that SHOULD go on a Military goes to UN peacekeeping forces anyway as Japan sends the 2nd most peacekeepers anyway. It's as though we WERE spending on a military, only to be used in places that Nagatacho would never approve if it WERE real military.
Old 2009-12-22, 11:22   Link #5171
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

How well equipped is the Japanese military anyway? Didn't the post-war provisions plcae some pretty heft limitations on the army's actual capabilities?
Old 2009-12-22, 11:28   Link #5172
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
How well equipped is the Japanese military anyway? Didn't the post-war provisions plcae some pretty heft limitations on the army's actual capabilities?
Think Treaty of Versailles. But guess what- Japan still spends those money on the UN. Shouldn't Japan be a permanent Security Council member by now? Meanwhile we could get rid of either West European [France or Britain]. It's time the imbalance was solved.

Money could have been better used on Okinawa or the Hibaukasha anyway. Stupid pork-barrels.
Old 2009-12-22, 15:20   Link #5173
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Yeah right. The US has NO EXIT STRATEGY IN OKINAWA. So there.
Actually, Guam would work just as well.... but that idea has the indigenous folks of Guam upset. Lets face it.... our military personnel are, for the most part, well-behaved if ignorant of local custom. But the recruitment qualifications have dropped to the bottom and we're exposing local people to some real bottom-of-the-barrel types in the mix. Then there's the noise, pollution, restrictions on movement/access. Its not like living next to a base in a US town where the employment, politics, and diplomacy are handled with care. US bases in Europe don't seem to have had this scale of irritation historically -- which seems to reinforce the idea that a lot of the problem is cultural ignorance.

It is a problem -- any US facility or shared facility would have to be "nuclearized" (those nuclear engines on boats). Japan has (for obvious reasons) very unpleasant feelings about that. Okinawa was taken during the war and organically grew into the large base it is today. Looking at the map, resources, and modern equipment ... its just not that different to be in, say, Guam or Australia - for purposes of force projection.

I'd rather see our force projection completely re-defined for today's threats and drop all this "status quo location" historical crap. But the resistance to change within the US military leadership is legendary.
Old 2009-12-22, 16:20   Link #5174
justsomeguy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sent-jail.html
So, apparently Salem is "brain damaged" enough to not have to stand trial for anything, and yet not "brain damaged" enough to commit more crimes.

Poor Mr. Hussain should be released, and all charges against him dropped because since the suspect has not suffered permanent harm, it can not be said that he took part in a "violent revenge," nor that his force was "excessive or disproportionate"

If the law refuses to protect the people, then it's time for the people to defend themselves. It appears that the British court has become an enabler for criminals, so how come Parliament lets this go on?
Old 2009-12-22, 19:30   Link #5175
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
So, apparently Salem is "brain damaged" enough to not have to stand trial for anything, and yet not "brain damaged" enough to commit more crimes.

Poor Mr. Hussain should be released, and all charges against him dropped because since the suspect has not suffered permanent harm, it can not be said that he took part in a "violent revenge," nor that his force was "excessive or disproportionate"

If the law refuses to protect the people, then it's time for the people to defend themselves. It appears that the British court has become an enabler for criminals, so how come Parliament lets this go on?
Quote:
The case last night prompted claims that Salem had effectively been given 'a licence to commit crime'.
LOL to this quote. Same shit happens in Portugal. Criminals get arrested and then released to commit more crimes and then released again after getting caught 2nd time. Even if they go jail while waiting for trial... the trail drags on and the the time for preventive jail time is off and the state needs to free them... More crimes again. Bah... crime do pay's off.
Old 2009-12-22, 21:37   Link #5176
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post

if this is example of how civilize Europe is compare the USA. I rather stick rather stick with the brutal American culture. At least we can defend ourselves if thieves break into our home.
Old 2009-12-22, 21:45   Link #5177
mg1942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
if this is example of how civilize Europe is compare the USA. I rather stick rather stick with the brutal American culture. At least we can defend ourselves if thieves break into our home.
but in amerikkka you can't even go nekkid in your own home
Old 2009-12-22, 22:14   Link #5178
FateAnomaly

Seems to me that guy is deliberately exposing himself and drawing attention. Don't see a problem with that judgement.
Old 2009-12-22, 22:23   Link #5179
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Agreed with this. Especially in states with the Castle Doctrine intact. You can shoot and kill thieves breaking into your neighbors' homes. Most excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
but in amerikkka you can't even go nekkid in your own home
Say wha?
Old 2009-12-22, 22:35   Link #5180
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Actually, Guam would work just as well.... but that idea has the indigenous folks of Guam upset. Lets face it.... our military personnel are, for the most part, well-behaved if ignorant of local custom.
I can understand that. The ones in Korea almost never get into trouble. Sometime you wonder what's the secret, and whether their commander can come over to Japan. Maybe the ones in Korea know they are fighting a war (which is correctly labeled as such), while the ones in Japan think Okinawa is a R&R stop.

And the US force in Korea are actually building the local communities there. Like the GOOD NEIGHBOR effort. Not that there isn't such efforts in Japan, but they're limited to teaching English, as if they were just the replacement for the Nova people.

Quote:
But the recruitment qualifications have dropped to the bottom and we're exposing local people to some real bottom-of-the-barrel types in the mix.
I think it's more of a "elite force in Korea, lacklusters in Japan" kind of idea. I can safely say that the forces in Korea could also be used for defense of the Pacific. Like, the BIGGEST "threat" in the Pacific is... CHINA, so effectively, the force in Korea could also effectively attack China if required.

Quote:
Then there's the noise, pollution, restrictions on movement/access. Its not like living next to a base in a US town where the employment, politics, and diplomacy are handled with care. US bases in Europe don't seem to have had this scale of irritation historically -- which seems to reinforce the idea that a lot of the problem is cultural ignorance.
Is Korean culture easier to understand than Okinawans'?

Quote:
It is a problem -- any US facility or shared facility would have to be "nuclearized" (those nuclear engines on boats). Japan has (for obvious reasons) very unpleasant feelings about that.
Pretty wrong. The "big 2" of Japanese politics (LDP and DPJ) don't have anything about it, it's the locals who suffer anyway, not Tokyo. I still think that a federal-presidential system would work better in Japan. Those states that still want US protection can go sign a treaty with the US themselves, while a state government in Okinawa would vote them out. (Go, doshusei policy! Go, USJ - United States of Japan! )

Quote:
Okinawa was taken during the war and organically grew into the large base it is today.

Looking at the map, resources, and modern equipment ... its just not that different to be in, say, Guam or Australia - for purposes of force projection

And why not TAIWAN? They want it anyway.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international