AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-21, 15:58   Link #1
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Massugu ni Ikou

Well the second ep of massugu ni ikou, is complete.

You can get both the first and second ep of it at http://a.scarywater.net/subpar

I was wondering if anyone had any comments or suggestions about it.

What parts did you find funny and which were lame?

Any issues about the actual quality of the file (as in the timing, typesetting, encoding, script writing)?

Thank you, your comments are much appreciated.
Old 2003-11-21, 16:48   Link #2
Shenlong

lol subpar, I remember your parody of that stupid dog anime II'll check this out since your previous work was hilarious
Old 2003-11-21, 17:38   Link #3
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
It's actually the second episode of the same show. We're probably the only group to parody more then one episode of a show.
Old 2003-11-21, 21:04   Link #4
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Old 2003-11-21, 23:53   Link #5
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
Well the second ep of massugu ni ikou, is complete.

You can get both the first and second ep of it at http://a.scarywater.net/subpar

I was wondering if anyone had any comments or suggestions about it.

What parts did you find funny and which were lame?

Any issues about the actual quality of the file (as in the timing, typesetting, encoding, script writing)?

Thank you, your comments are much appreciated.
Nice work overall and hope to see more. The bit about Hanako-chan borrowing marital aids and "Mametaro turned me into a lesbian" was funny. Later in the scene with the closeup of the kids noses sniffing, almost expected there would be an "ah man, who broke wind" joke in there somewhere. With the dogs off to the side looking on and maybe have Mametaro comment "Looks like I picked a good day to stop sniffing humans".
Old 2003-11-22, 17:58   Link #6
JAppi
Banned

you are one dedicated person. I suppose I could have gotten that if i went frame by frame in virtual dub.
Old 2003-11-23, 07:54   Link #7
CompShrink
getting in comps' heads

Send a message via AIM to CompShrink
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
It's actually the second episode of the same show. We're probably the only group to parody more then one episode of a show.
Actually, I can think of Anime Otaku who did 3 episodes of parody sub of Sailor moon, but it was only partial parody subs, so doesn't really count...

I'll go check those out, oh wait I'm out of HD space... I'll check those out as soon as I can...
Old 2003-11-23, 14:34   Link #8
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I'm loving your parody of this show so much that I don't care if it ever gets a non-parody treatment. This is one of the funniest parodies I've ever seen. The only one funnier is the Fast Food Freedom Fighters parody of A-ko.

I also love the way that you are continuing the story from episode to episode. That is actually making it funnier. My enjoyment is actually bleeding over to other animes. I was watching PeaceMaker Kurogane episode 7 when... (This is a spoiler for PMK7)
Spoiler:

Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to seeing your parody of episodes 3 and 4!! I don't care if anyone ever does a serious sub of this!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-11-23, 23:16   Link #9
Proz
Known only as..

Send a message via Yahoo to Proz
The only fansub I've ended up watching multiple times because it's SO F'ING HILARIOUS. Keep up the good work, I can't wait for episode 3 & 4 to appear to see what you do.
Old 2006-04-24, 11:19   Link #10
mippa
Mahou Shoujo~!

Send a message via AIM to mippa Send a message via MSN to mippa Send a message via Yahoo to mippa
It appears that a real sub of Massugu Ni Ikou! is back up! Is another group taking on this project? I really always enjoyed it, and would like to see it finished.
Old 2006-04-25, 14:38   Link #11
Aqualung
Ayukawa!!!

Personally, I'd rather watch subpar's parody of the show. The japanese is so simple that I find that I can understand a majority of it w/o the subs. I've only had about 2 1/2 semesters of japanese, and that was years ago.
Old 2006-05-18, 02:23   Link #12
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Lightbulb Inubanashi

I think i need to have a look at that parody. lmao

But parody or not, long live SD dogs!
Old 2006-05-18, 03:17   Link #13
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

http://a.scarywater.net/subpar

Terrible shame that they only did two episodes...

I know that the script for the third episode was being worked on, but I guess it never got finished.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-05-18, 09:20   Link #14
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
lol, NSW, i think that, due to the bad posts i'm sending, you must be thinking i'm sort of stupid.
Actually i already tried that link (which was given in a previous post), but it was completely seedless by the time i looked (and still is, it seems). I didn't mean to ask for seeds because i thought you'd go "hey, there's a forum for that!" and i didn't want to get scolded once more.

Anyway, the very fact you insist makes me certain this parody is worth it.

I was also thinking about posting here about why i like that C-series the way it is. ( No i'm not ashamed of it! )

edit : i should really stop smileys... really should... lol
Closed Thread