AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 22 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 45.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-29, 08:34   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

True Tears - Episode 4 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for True Tears, Episode 4.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2008-01-29, 08:42   Link #2
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Posting my thoughts on episode 4 here to get things started.

Shin's mother has become increasingly more aggressive with Hiromi. I dont always trust previews but it sounds like she was saying she does not want her walking with Shin, I guess we will find out next episode. It seems the theory about a love triangle involving Her and Hiromi's mother and father might be true. Since the picture she had, had Hiromi's mothers face scratched out it safe to assume they had a falling out. Seems they were all friends with both women in love with Hiromi's dad but Hiromi's mother won and Shin's mom settled for the consolation prize Shin's dad. Hiromi is a constant reminder of that bitterness. The comment about Hiromi's eyes looking like her mothers could be referring to how she use to look at Hiromi's father, when she knew Shin's mom was in love with him. This could become a potential problem to Shin and Hiromi getting together. I hope that Shin's father intervenes in the mean time its just pushing them further apart.

Ai is in a complicated situation as well. I think some of us were wrong to assume she was not dating Nobuse. The conversation he had with Ai clearly states that Shin hooked up them up but how is the hell did she manage to get into this situation. I think she does have some feelings for Nobose as she blushed when holding his hand crossing the street. If she is going to make a move it better be by episode 6 or 7 this is a short series about 12 episodes i think. My prediction is by the end she will end up staying with Nobose after she either realizes there is no chance with Shin or she comes to realize that hes a good guy worth sticking with, either way it might get a little messy. Although Aiko is my favorite character i dont see her standing much of a chance against Hiromi or even Noe for that matter.

Noe's brother is mystery but the general thought is Noe is not his blood sister and hes in love with her. Getting Shin to go out with her to control his feelings sounds like a good theory. The drama is on the pieces have all been set up now all we have to do is wait for them to come crashing down.

9/10
Old 2008-01-29, 08:45   Link #3
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Watched the BakaWolf-m.3.3.w sub of Episode 4.

You know, in all actuality Episode 3 wasn't that great; that was why I extended my trial run by two more episodes, since I was afraid that True Tears was going to go down a cliched route from there. But Episode 4 reminded me why I picked this up in the first place; therefore, nothing less than a 9/10.

Blog article coming up tonight or tomorrow, depending on whether I can set aside time for it.
Reposting what I had on the general thread.
Old 2008-01-29, 08:54   Link #4
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Ai is in a complicated situation as well. I think some of us were wrong to assume she was not dating Nobuse. The conversation he had with Ai clearly states that Shin hooked up them up but how is the hell did she manage to get into this situation. I think she does have some feelings for Nobose as she blushed when holding his hand crossing the street. If she is going to make a move it better be by episode 6 or 7 this is a short series about 12 episodes i think. My prediction is by the end she will end up staying with Nobose after she either realizes there is no chance with Shin or she comes to realize that hes a good guy worth sticking with, either way it might get a little messy. Although Aiko is my favorite character i dont see her standing much of a chance against Hiromi or even Noe for that matter.
I am pretty much watching this show to find out how the hell Aiko got stucked with Nobuse. We have to remember that these three have been childhoodfriend since very young, unlike Hiromi that used to live in another town and only seemed to have contact with Shin when those friends came to visit.

We only know that Aiko was hooked up with nobuse by the intervention of Shin, nobuse wasn't even man enough to do it himself. I think they have to spend at least half an episode or more on how this happened. Maybe a flash back during the break up, if there is a break up. Aiko has not a chance with Shin as long as she remains Nobuse's girlfriend. I was one of the people that didn't think they were dating and it was all nobuse being possesive. the way she acts toward nobuse is very cold and it seems the dates they have are "obligation dates" and not as enjoyable as the time Aiko spents with Shin.

Being childhoodfriends, it is obvious that she has feelings of friendship for Nobuse, but we can tell where her heart is.
Old 2008-01-29, 09:09   Link #5
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I am pretty much watching this show to find out how the hell Aiko got stucked with Nobuse.
She didn't... He stuck his ass out like glue. It's obvious that because she's so close she feels too much like a childhood friend and talking any other way is awkward to her. Him suffering from stupidity like all male leads doesn't help either.
Old 2008-01-29, 09:16   Link #6
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
She didn't... He stuck his ass out like glue. It's obvious that because she's so close she feels too much like a childhood friend and talking any other way is awkward to her. Him suffering from stupidity like all male leads doesn't help either.
that is what I thought, but it was stated that by some magical way, either misunderstanding or stupidity they are actually official boyfriend and girlfriend. I was one of the people that thought what you just said above but it is a fact that they are boyfriend and girlfriend even though it doesn't seem like it at first sight. Shin boasted that he was the person that made them a couple!
Old 2008-01-29, 09:17   Link #7
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I am pretty much watching this show to find out how the hell Aiko got stucked with Nobuse. We have to remember that these three have been childhoodfriend since very young, unlike Hiromi that used to live in another town and only seemed to have contact with Shin when those friends came to visit.

We only know that Aiko was hooked up with nobuse by the intervention of Shin, nobuse wasn't even man enough to do it himself. I think they have to spend at least half an episode or more on how this happened. Maybe a flash back during the break up, if there is a break up. Aiko has not a chance with Shin as long as she remains Nobuse's girlfriend. I was one of the people that didn't think they were dating and it was all nobuse being possesive. the way she acts toward nobuse is very cold and it seems the dates they have are "obligation dates" and not as enjoyable as the time Aiko spents with Shin.

Being childhoodfriends, it is obvious that she has feelings of friendship for Nobuse, but we can tell where her heart is.
Hey Golthin i replied to your post in the Ai- thread since there seems to be some discussions going on in there about the situation you just mentioned but yea im with you on the curiosity level of this situation cause its just not right. I may get blasted for this but im going to place a huge amount of blame for the situation on Nobose. Im sorry but the guy is carefree thinks everything is hunky dorey and doesnt bother to actually confirm Ai's feelings hes just going along with whatever is floating around in that that thing he calls a head. At least we got some indepth look at Ai's mentality we have got shit about him. I just think the guy has his head up in the clouds and he needs a reality check. But Ai does bare some of the blame too but the situation is just too sticky there is no way for someone not to get hurt. If it wasent for Shin there is no way in a elephants ballz chance he could have gotten the stones to do it himself and i dont think Ai would have felt obligated to agree. I think she agreed because it was Shin that set it up and that sucks. If you like a girl be a man and take care of it yourself dont send your best friend as envoy for negotiate a relationship.
Old 2008-01-29, 11:17   Link #8
Echoes

I can't think of a series more deserving of its own forum than True Tears, this made my day. This series has more class than just about everything else this season combined, the drama is real, not forced and the art is absolutely stunning.

This might just be the best thing since sliced bread.

Noe is the cutest thing since... I don't even know.

Old 2008-01-29, 11:22   Link #9
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Hey Golthin i replied to your post in the Ai- thread since there seems to be some discussions going on in there about the situation you just mentioned but yea im with you on the curiosity level of this situation cause its just not right. I may get blasted for this but im going to place a huge amount of blame for the situation on Nobose. Im sorry but the guy is carefree thinks everything is hunky dorey and doesnt bother to actually confirm Ai's feelings hes just going along with whatever is floating around in that that thing he calls a head. At least we got some indepth look at Ai's mentality we have got shit about him. I just think the guy has his head up in the clouds and he needs a reality check. But Ai does bare some of the blame too but the situation is just too sticky there is no way for someone not to get hurt. If it wasent for Shin there is no way in a elephants ballz chance he could have gotten the stones to do it himself and i dont think Ai would have felt obligated to agree. I think she agreed because it was Shin that set it up and that sucks. If you like a girl be a man and take care of it yourself dont send your best friend as envoy for negotiate a relationship.
what are in synch in that respect! I also think that what you suggest might be the case, I still want to see what the writers come with!
Old 2008-01-29, 11:54   Link #10
DanielSong39

Have to give Noe a lot of credit for being able to see through Shin and grasp her situation... better than what Ai or Hiromi could manage, that's for certain.

Hoping that Shin will meet Jun's request. If things work out well, Shin will introduce Hiromi to Jun, and they can start going on double dates?

I honestly think this could work out - and doesn't involve the built-in handicaps that Shin-Hiromi and Jun-Noe would have (even aside from the obvious incest angle).
Old 2008-01-29, 12:46   Link #11
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I would work to an extent...but Hiromi still has her heart in for shin

And lets not forget how potentially dark it could get if number 4 turns out to be the big bad wolf :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-01-29, 13:35   Link #12
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
This series is getting better and better by each episode. Loved the laughing Hiromi scene and "HAI?".

Ai-chan and Noe are both very cute. Especially Noe.
Old 2008-01-29, 13:38   Link #13
cloudninja

This episode had more balance in screen time for the three girls than previous episodes. Aiko did'nt get much play until now. The contenders have entered the ring. Now let the 3-way mudwrestling begin!

To be serious I like the whole vibe of the show so far. Good writing, direction, animation, seiyuus, music. Things have started to escalate and I hope the show continues to live up to expectations.
Old 2008-01-29, 13:44   Link #14
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I really thought this episode was excellent. It just simply draws you in.
Old 2008-01-29, 17:23   Link #15
SnEptUne

A decent episode. Although I am not a fan of romance story, I like the story about how Noe's tears were taken away to the sky. Noe is really something in this serie.
Old 2008-01-29, 18:12   Link #16
Oppius
Banned

I love the 'helmet' scene between Noe and her brother. 8/10
Old 2008-01-29, 21:18   Link #17
FTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
I love the 'helmet' scene between Noe and her brother. 8/10
Yeah I liked how Noe kept chattering on but what was her brother doing exactly? Did he want to do something? Give her a noogie? What was it?
Old 2008-01-29, 21:49   Link #18
Oppius
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTV View Post
Yeah I liked how Noe kept chattering on but what was her brother doing exactly? Did he want to do something? Give her a noogie? What was it?
Just giving her light caress, perhaps something more 'sinister'...

Spoiler for Prime Suspect:
Old 2008-01-29, 22:27   Link #19
christinemarie
Crazy One

Jun wants to touch Noe's cheek.

Spoiler for ProbableSpeculation:
Old 2008-01-30, 10:31   Link #20
Jaden

I think this series really grew on me with this episode. The characters are great. The part where Noe criticizes the quality of Shin's tears was great.