AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-05-06, 18:07   Link #221
Undertaker

You don't need fights to make a character a badass. Not when it's THE Pirate King we're talking about.
Old 2009-05-06, 21:45   Link #222
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azncoke123 View Post
^ From the preview it seems all talk
it may seem all talk and very well be alot of talking but its bound to show us a legend of a man, who knows how to make an entrance
Old 2009-05-06, 22:33   Link #223
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
While some tenryuubito might be powerful, there's no way they'll be willing to be trained by anyone outside of their own race, not even if they are Admiral. Hell, as far as they are concern, they are the WG itself, and Marines are only their bodyguards and servents. They are what Oda have made them, THE WORLD NOBLES, why would they want to be trained under a commoner even if he is a Admiral? Being strong won't be a reason, Merman are biologically stonger than human, yet to them merman are just slave just like other commoners.

Anyway, back to the episodes, even though I follows manga, I still can't wait for episode 400.

What a tale it will be, the story of the bond between Rayleigh and Roger, the answer of the one question almost all OP fans has been asking since beginning, and IMHO, by using a single chapter, Oda not only made Roger worthy of the title "Kaizoku-Oh" he also made Roger the baddest badass character in OP.
I don't have any facts to back this up but i was just putting it out there, just an idea to think about .
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 14:53   Link #224
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yes,well,since ep1 we've all been hearing about this Roger fella, if they won't tell us a bit about him after 400 episodes I'd start wondering if he was real
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 23:54   Link #225
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

yeah, the last time we had solid information on him was what, back in Skypia?

The only real info we got on him was back during the Rogue Town arc way at the beginning ^_^;;
mageormike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 06:40   Link #226
Petbe
Wingless Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mageormike View Post
yeah, the last time we had solid information on him was what, back in Skypia?

The only real info we got on him was back during the Rogue Town arc way at the beginning ^_^;;
Totally, and I suggest rewatching the last two or the last episode of that rac. I actually noticed some new things after watching it again after so ling. In particular, the ones having to do with Luffy's father. I still want to watch the (can't remember if was an entire episode) episode where Luffy was just a child and well, of course, Shanks and when he loses his arm. There being 399 episodes makes searching for specific episodes a pain at times.
Old 2009-05-08, 21:44   Link #227
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ That would be episode 4. And you could always ask questions in the Q&A thread.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 01:09   Link #228
Petbe
Wingless Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
^ That would be episode 4. And you could always ask questions in the Q&A thread.
True, but I didn't enough for the answer to openly seek it, or post it in that thread. But this way, it sorta works, can get answered without doing much.
Old 2009-05-09, 15:43   Link #229
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
The pirate king sure has a an ugly moustache..
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 20:04   Link #230
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

This probably wasn't a very interesting episode for those who read the manga, but I found this to be one of the most exciting story-based episodes in a very long while

Spoiler for 400:

Can't believe that 400 episodes in and I still can be this excited and amazed at this show, its truly amazing.
mageormike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 23:57   Link #231
Azncoke123

One Piece needs 1 hr specials, one episode of One Piece feels like 5 mins
Azncoke123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 02:25   Link #232
idont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azncoke123 View Post
One Piece needs 1 hr specials, one episode of One Piece feels like 5 mins
considering some of their episodes have 8 mins of recap/opening credits, 3 mins of ending credits...you only end up with something like 12-15 mins of new material for each episode.
idont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 03:36   Link #233
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by idont View Post
considering some of their episodes have 8 mins of recap/opening credits, 3 mins of ending credits...you only end up with something like 12-15 mins of new material for each episode.
Uh, One Piece hasn't HAD any ending-credits for two years now... That's why we have the overly-long opening and Gold Roger... eh... Straw Hat Pirates-intro in each episode. Those two together only take up like, 5 seconds more than the opening and ending did back when they still had both.
Old 2009-05-10, 13:03   Link #234
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

400 raw is out! Time for some serious pika pika justice!
Old 2009-05-10, 13:35   Link #235
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
400 raw is out! Time for some serious pika pika justice!
No, that's next week. This episode ends
Spoiler for how this episode ends:
That scene I just tagged went ridicculously fast, (it almost felt like they played it in double-speed, because EVERYTHING went by unusually quickly) but apart from that, this was a pretty good episode.
Spoiler for That thing that happened this week:
was a really great scene, just like it was in the manga.
Old 2009-05-10, 16:10   Link #236
Prestige

Truely well done episode, excellent work by animators.

Excellent music choices, Rayleigh voice actor is awesome and episode was emotional,tragecid,dramatic and awesome same time.

I truely recommend to everyone even manga-only viewers to check this episode.

Very enjoyable episode. 10/10 score
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 21:26   Link #237
Crimson Reaper

I could not ask for a better 400th episode. Normally an episode full of non stop talking would be boring but the way they used visuals and the music was perfect. And Rayleigh can really tell a story. I also liked how they did Robin's part with the clouds blocking the sun till she makes her choice. You could feel her struggle with her feelings.

This was worth the wait to see it animated.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 11:36   Link #238
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mageormike View Post
This probably wasn't a very interesting episode for those who read the manga, but I found this to be one of the most exciting story-based episodes in a very long while

Spoiler for 400:

Can't believe that 400 episodes in and I still can be this excited and amazed at this show, its truly amazing.
I agree with the general fact that "if you've read the manga, you won't enjoy the show as much". Though when it comes to this show, that statement gets thrown right out the window!

Having read the manga to its latest chapter, I can safely say I'm thoroughly enjoying all of this arc to its fullest. This is just one of those shows you have to watch animated, whether you know what's going to happen or not (though the show does a very good job of sticking to the manga anyways, so you don't have to worry about missing anything).
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 01:49   Link #239
Petbe
Wingless Angel

I loved this episode! It was so amazing. The only part I did not enjoy was when some shocking information was just presented and they did a closeup on everyone's face. I mean, quickly doing it is fine, but it took a while and seemed too long. But of course, filling in time so i understand and it is very little. But in the end, I loved it :-)
Old 2009-05-13, 19:41   Link #240
ellifeedn
Thinker

400 was pretty awesome. Who voiced Roger though?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote