Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-10-17, 00:31   Link #1
Excorsism

Seishun Forget!

Synopsis:
Quote:
"Live with Sincerity" is Natsuki Taiyou's motto. It's the first day of high school and as Taiyou is heading to school, he is saved from a falling student by a girl named Kogame Hinata. He falls in love at first sight and confesses to her on the spot. She nonchalantly agrees and it turns out that she is his classmate. Taiyou, feeling that she is the perfect girl for his life, decides to continue with his love. However, on the next day, she doesn't remember who he is. Turns out that she is suffering from a memory defect and can only remember things for 24 hours before completely forgetting!
Author: Mikabe Sesuna
Genre: Comedy, Romance, Seinen

Just came across this gem (courtesy to a certain board) and found the premise to be really interesting. Currently, eight chapters are out and released monthly.

Spoiler for Chapters 1-8 Thoughts:

Last edited by Excorsism; 2011-10-17 at 01:29.
Excorsism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 01:01   Link #2
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Hmmm.... I really liked how the memory defect affected the relationship btw Chihiro and Kenji in ef~, but I don't like the fact that the main char here falls in love at first sight. That kinda thing tends to lack sincerity, since the char doesn't even know the girl yet. However, comparing this to ef~ based on a synopsis is a bit much. I guess I'll give this a try in hopes that the relationship isn't shallow =0\.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 01:13   Link #3
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

never heard of it, is this a manga or a ligth novel, thoug the summary could describe the movie 40 first dates.
Old 2011-10-17, 01:16   Link #4
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
never heard of it, is this a manga or a ligth novel, thoug the summary could describe the movie 40 first dates.
It's a manga serialized in a web comic (?).

Anyway, about chapter 9...

Spoiler for Chapter 9:

Last edited by Excorsism; 2011-10-17 at 02:54.
Excorsism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 03:17   Link #5
Xacual

Yeah the new chapter is weird. I wonder if Hinata will actually write something down about him for once now.

Also Hinata's jealousy is really cute, even if she doesn't "remember" Taiyou.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 10:05   Link #6
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Hahaha, this is actually pretty good, very funny read.

When Shigure joined in, the lolz increased 2 fold, I loved the whole acting out stuff and whatnot

Haven't read ch9 yet as I was reading this on a online veiwer.
Old 2011-10-18, 06:48   Link #7
Zakoo

hehh
Spoiler for impression chapter 9:
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 07:19   Link #8
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

If I had to take a guess I think I'd go with his mother died when he was young and greatly affected him so his father changed/did something to stop Taiyou's mind from thinking about his mother.

If so I think it might be pretty interesting seeing how Hinata would try getting to the bottom of that mystery.
Abit of role reversal in a way, while we still get Taiyou trying to "climb"(even tho he's really already there) into Hinata's life, we then get some Hinata trying to figure out Taiyou. Interesting indeed.
Old 2011-10-18, 08:05   Link #9
SwiftAsLeaves

It starting to get twisted!
SwiftAsLeaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 08:58   Link #10
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
If I had to take a guess I think I'd go with his mother died when he was young and greatly affected him so his father changed/did something to stop Taiyou's mind from thinking about his mother.

If so I think it might be pretty interesting seeing how Hinata would try getting to the bottom of that mystery.
Abit of role reversal in a way, while we still get Taiyou trying to "climb"(even tho he's really already there) into Hinata's life, we then get some Hinata trying to figure out Taiyou. Interesting indeed.
I think it's highly likely that the person we saw in the flashback Hinata was reaching toward in chapter 8 was Taiyou. Father seems to know her at any rate and I'm going to assume that the trauma for both of them revolves around Taiyou's mother in some way.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 11:51   Link #11
Excorsism

I wonder if there's a relationship between the interval when Taiyou goes brain-dead and Hinata's 24 hour memory reset period? I'm just assuming Taiyou's condition is at least 60 seconds but that's just based on the ticking clocks in chapter 9 when "mom" was mentioned.
Old 2011-10-18, 12:01   Link #12
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I think it's highly likely that the person we saw in the flashback Hinata was reaching toward in chapter 8 was Taiyou. Father seems to know her at any rate and I'm going to assume that the trauma for both of them revolves around Taiyou's mother in some way.
Yea the flashback I'd say is a rather big hint at Taiyou and Hinata having a conenction to each other from their past and most likely to do with taiyou's mother.
I'm guessing the father probably tried to do this either 2 ways
1. Help both try to forget but something went wrong with Hinata or
2. Hinata was used as a experiment first so nothing would go wrong with Taiyou but something did and hence why she has the resest over a bigger period rather than Taiyou's more local small ones when just concerning a certain subject.

So I'd also guess long lost childhood friend reappears and reason why Taiyou seemly falls in love at first sight. He still has feeling but doesn't remember.

Well should be interesting to see what happens but now the wait is on!
Old 2011-10-18, 22:01   Link #13
Shadow5YA

lol, I just noticed that Taiyou's face is covered on the volume 1 cover page.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 20:11   Link #14
Excorsism

Spoiler for Chapter 10:

Now, for another lousy month wait!
Old 2011-11-10, 23:32   Link #15
nirvana12

Wow just found it and I'm loving it ! Hinata is so cute !!
nirvana12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 12:56   Link #16
yuzen003

Didn't Taiyou say his dad's "putzing around is the reason mom left him" in the first chapter? Was it a translation issue as Taiyou can remember his dad talking about his wife without a problem so the translation might have referred to his wife rather then mother? It would be a understandable translation since the wife of your father would logically be your mother, but in light of the information about his memory reset trigger I'm curious what the first chapter actually said.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 15:20   Link #17
Shadow5YA

Things certainly are getting interesting. Taiyou isn't a normal guy after all, and maybe his dad's... personality is really just a facade to hide everything that happened between Taiyou, his mother, and Hinata.

It's possible that Taiyou and Hinata used to be family too. Maybe the mom that Hinata remembers and the one Taiyou can't are the same person.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 19:05   Link #18
Riltz
⌂ Vulcan 300 ⌂

well, i must say i'm surprised with this series, when the first 3 chapters appears i was meh, some series with the guy being pathetic and do anything to get the most difficult girl he see, so i left it.
But i give it a second try (because i see that it's from the same mangaka as tena no S-tring, no wonder the drawing look familiar...and for the depressive loli ), but on chapter 9 it was like a big mindfuck to me (as the light-hearted slow-pace slice of life kind of go to hell).

So well, as i said before, if someone stalled/droped it, give it a second try, it's turning to be really interesting.

And my bet goes to
Spoiler:
Riltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 19:19   Link #19
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
a monthly wait on this series is a serious tease. It should be weekly *pout pout*
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 19:20   Link #20
yuzen003

Chapter 10 was released today
Spoiler for chapter 10:
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote