AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-07-27, 21:36   Link #26141
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Oh dear, what trouble they've gotten themselves into. And Isis's role has gone from cameo to full on role. Nice

Hm, any particular reason you decided on those clothes? Are they outfits you borrowed from other animes? L and D's outfits sound fine, but why did you put S in a china dress? I don't really have a problem with it, it just sounds... odd for her, specifically, to use as casual wear.
I was mixing and matching based on characters who either shared the same seiyuu as the Ace in question or bore a strong resemblance to another character in some other game/anime. D and L were straightforward since I already knew what I wanted. S was tougher since she didn't have a big enough personality to really identify what she should wear. But since she wouldn't care, she would be fine with pretty much anything that she deems acceptable.

Anyone want to stab where I got my inspirations from? I'll give you virtual chicken if you get it right!

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 23:50   Link #26142
vic-vic

Quote:
Here's something new from Alavon. Due to circumstances I'm posting it for her:

Spoiler for Someday:
Very cute. Glad to see that Yuuno get attention from Nanoha.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 00:28   Link #26143
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:

Spoiler for Someday:
^_^ I liked it, good job.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 09:50   Link #26144
JokerD

And here I am out of lurking again for another try

Spoiler for untitled:

Not sure of the direction I want to go with this, ah well, let's see how it goes.

@00-Raiser & Alavon
Interesting depiction of 15yr Nanoha, would love to see how this pans out. Keep it up!

@Nanya and Yasanagi
More Material Days is always welcome, more please.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 10:13   Link #26145
Tabasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
Very cute. Glad to see that Yuuno get attention from Nanoha.
Talk about 'Its about time!'

I can kind of see something like this unfolding, but its hard to believe that the thought *never* crossed her mind.
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 12:33   Link #26146
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:

Spoiler for Someday:
I suppose that I must have been one of those weird teenage girls who never fretted or obsessed about dates and such , so I found it a bit overly dramatic. Nanoha has always seemed like a pretty level-headed girl, and indeed her only squeally moments were done for humour in the show, so I found this a little OOC.

The Nanoha and Miyuki interaction was great though, I loved Miyuki's bantering and yet her total support for her sister.
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 18:05   Link #26147
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
And here I am out of lurking again for another try

Spoiler for untitled:
Well, I think it could use a bit more build up. It feels rather sudden especially with the whole "wow s/he is so hot" thing with no clear reason for why. What made this day different from every other day? Also, I can't really imagine Signum being all blushy and acting all, well, 'girly' Well, the idea has potential

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
I suppose that I must have been one of those weird teenage girls who never fretted or obsessed about dates and such , so I found it a bit overly dramatic. Nanoha has always seemed like a pretty level-headed girl, and indeed her only squeally moments were done for humour in the show, so I found this a little OOC.
Those wacky horomones hit everyone differently
Old 2010-07-28, 18:52   Link #26148
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
pretty sure there is a rule against hormones in anime

save for
Spoiler for this guy(?):

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 20:15   Link #26149
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
I guess. Still seems kind of weird to have Nanoha be so emotional and make that kind of outburst, but hey.
Old 2010-07-28, 23:29   Link #26150
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I guess. Still seems kind of weird to have Nanoha be so emotional and make that kind of outburst, but hey.
Hmm, you know, I did a little thinking after reading these two comments. To be fair, if it was a NanoFate fic, I probably would have found Nanoha's reaction to be funny (double-standard, I know ). Even so, I'd only think that her over-reaction would work if the fic was a fluff comedy, so those exaggerated emotions aren't meant to be taken seriously.

Nothing wrong if this fic was trying to be serious, but I'm just saying that in my opinion, if it was, then Nanoha's characterization didn't feel right to me .
Old 2010-07-28, 23:33   Link #26151
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Well I got other installment of Life Goes On. This one's about Yuuno reflecting on what it's like being married to some one on active duty.

Spoiler for Separation Anxiety:
Old 2010-07-28, 23:49   Link #26152
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Of Mothers and Daughters Posted on FF.N

contains lemony goodness, be warned! Rated M for a reason!
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 00:07   Link #26153
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Of Mothers and Daughters Posted on FF.N

contains lemony goodness, be warned! Rated M for a reason!
You're not supposed to post lemons to FF.net!

Old 2010-07-29, 00:46   Link #26154
vic-vic

Quote:
Well I got other installment of Life Goes On. This one's about Yuuno reflecting on what it's like being married to some one on active duty.

Very heartwarming story, you defunetly make me feel how Yuuno care and love Fate, good job.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 13:01   Link #26155
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:

You have no idea how happy you just made me. And it's about time, too! >3 I really like how you showed Yuuno's fear of losing his wife as well as Fate's determination to keep on helping people no matter what the cost is to her. So great job on it. Can't wait for more...some months later.... ;3

@RadiantBeam and Deathcurse:

Considering that this fic was originally written for 00-Raiser's eyes only, OF COURSE Nanoha would be a bit out of character. I KNOW that Nanoha would NEVER forget her friends, including Yuuno. This is a "what if" story and was created to cheer Raiser up. The point I was trying to make was that if it wasn't for Yuuno, Nanoha would not be where she is today. Yuuno is the most important person in the series because he started it. If he had never excavated the Jewel Seeds, they would never have scattered and thus, Nanoha would still be in Uminari probably working in her family's Cafe (Hell! If it wasn't for Yuuno, there wouldn't be any NanoFate fics because Nanoha would never have met her).

So yes, Nanoha is most definitely out of character on purpose. And her outburst wasn't exactly a declaration. I won't say anything else because it would ruin the ending. But thank you for reading a leaving a comment.
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 15:18   Link #26156
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:

Very nice . I really liked the moments when Yuuno thought about how Fate viewed herself getting injured, and how it would depend on whether her mission was a success or not (but for him the worry is the same regardless). The last 3 paragraphs were really great, it calls to the fears and worries outside of regular combat.

Hilarious morbid thought: Shouldn't Yuuno also fear some random TSAB Enforcer on the screen, because then it would mean a mission so nasty that both Fate and Teana were killed? *shot*

Something this made me think of...maybe the TSAB recruits so young because by the time their officers grow old enough to start families, they'd already have years of experience in the field so that they would be eligible for promotion to safer jobs? It would be a change from the "TSAB likes to use up its officers" idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
@RadiantBeam and Deathcurse:

Considering that this fic was originally written for 00-Raiser's eyes only, OF COURSE Nanoha would be a bit out of character. I KNOW that Nanoha would NEVER forget her friends, including Yuuno. This is a "what if" story and was created to cheer Raiser up. The point I was trying to make was that if it wasn't for Yuuno, Nanoha would not be where she is today. Yuuno is the most important person in the series because he started it. If he had never excavated the Jewel Seeds, they would never have scattered and thus, Nanoha would still be in Uminari probably working in her family's Cafe (Hell! If it wasn't for Yuuno, there wouldn't be any NanoFate fics because Nanoha would never have met her).
Well, speaking for myself, my comments on over-reaction didn't really have anything to do with Nanoha forgetting Yuuno, just in how she was reacting. Nanoha has always seemed to me like someone who goes "Oh no, I forgot about ___ ....*pause*....I'm going to do something to make up for it right now!" . So I totally agree with you about the importance of Yuuno in Nanoha's life, and in the series even. My comments were just looking at Nanoha's reactions independent of what the issue actually was.

Of course, it's fine for her to be out of character if that's how you intended on writing her. The specific storyline or backstory you have in mind might completely justify her actions for all I know .

Quote:
And her outburst wasn't exactly a declaration. I won't say anything else because it would ruin the ending.
Interesting!
Old 2010-07-29, 17:25   Link #26157
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

@Deathcurse: I completely agree with what you said. She would react like:

Quote:
"Oh no, I forgot about ___ ....*pause*....I'm going to do something to make up for it right now!"
That is the Nanoha we know and love.

Quote:
Interesting!
I hope so...
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 18:38   Link #26158
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
And it's about time, too! >3

Can't wait for more...some months later.... ;3
Hey now, there was only a few days between this new one and the one before it Might have the next chapter soon too as I already have ideas. Next time: Fate and Yuuno have a fight! :-O

Well, glad you liked this one

Quote:
This is a "what if" story and was created to cheer Raiser up.
But I haven't needed cheering up... recently

Well I'm grateful all the same

I don't think it's too off base, as people often fail to notice what is right under thier nose, especially in foreign contexts. Since Nanoha's always thought of Yuuno as 'friend', it took her a bit to see him as a 'date.' Her resulting outburst could be from her being ashamed she overlooked a close friend (because you know how much she values her friends), coupled with horomones and the common teenage urge to be dramatic

And yeah, Yuuno is really important and I've written fics about that before. Always glad to see some one else acknowlegde him

So thanks again for the fic! Can't wait to see the second part

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Hilarious morbid thought: Shouldn't Yuuno also fear some random TSAB Enforcer on the screen, because then it would mean a mission so nasty that both Fate and Teana were killed? *shot*
Actually, it would probably be Shari who told him in that case. I was going to mention him being jumpy when either Shari or Teana called, but it wouldn't fit right with the tidbit that Alicia idolizes Teana. I guess I could have removed that tidbit, but I just wanted to establish that for the future.

Course I couldn't help but also establish that Teana and Vice are married in this timeline The fear for that couple would go both ways, though, since he's also combat personnel.

Really I've been plucking some plot ideas from Nora Roberts/JD Robb's In Death books, which are about a kick ass homicide cop and her billionaire husband in the future. A few of the books have dealt with cop killings, so she'll have to go inform the family. Her husband also has to deal with the nature of her job and what might happen to her. Doesn't help that she comes home bloody and bruised all the time

Anyways, glad you liked it

Last edited by 00-Raiser; 2010-07-29 at 18:51.
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 18:59   Link #26159
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:

So yes, Nanoha is most definitely out of character on purpose. And her outburst wasn't exactly a declaration. I won't say anything else because it would ruin the ending. But thank you for reading a leaving a comment.
I honestly don't know. Even if it was intentional, it seems a little strange to me. Like DC said, Nanoha isn't the type to be over the top about any realization she has. She'd just accept it and set out to do what she has to do in her own quiet kind of way. I get the point you were trying to make, I just feel that the overall execution and feel of it could have been a little bit better and not quite as jarring, even if the OOC-ness was your intention. On top of that, in some ways.... maybe it's me, but the OOC-ness actually takes away from the realization of her feelings about Yuuno. It's just so over the top and strange that I can't find myself taking it seriously, so for me it kind of hurts the fic more than it helps.

Still a very nice read, though. ^^
Old 2010-07-29, 21:17   Link #26160
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Actually, it would probably be Shari who told him in that case. I was going to mention him being jumpy when either Shari or Teana called, but it wouldn't fit right with the tidbit that Alicia idolizes Teana. I guess I could have removed that tidbit, but I just wanted to establish that for the future.
No, it works great the way it is . I was just having a bit of (morbid) fun at the thought . The feeling comes through, and that's what's important, not the specifics of how anyone linked to Fate who calls Yuuno would get the man frightened for Fate.

Quote:
Course I couldn't help but also establish that Teana and Vice are married in this timeline
LOL!

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha