Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-03, 03:47   Link #41
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Seriously, I'll have a hard time picking between this and Saki as the most stupid ideas in recent anime history
Neither will beat Queen's Blade in that field

Admittedly, basketball playing robots are retarded. But I found the background art great. But at it is, it is wasted to a concept I'm not interested in.
Old 2009-04-03, 03:47   Link #42
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You're acting like this isn't a horrible concept, I like mecha, I like Kawamori, I love basketball, I rock nikes, I like hiphop and to me this is a ridiculous concept.
Hey, I like ridiculous concepts.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 03:48   Link #43
Westlo
Lets be reality

The only reason I said ridiculous is because I'm trying to be nice, heck it could still be an amazing show but it doesn't change that the concept is what it is, and yeah it's probably going to be fun but Aquarion was fun too.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 04:11   Link #44
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
You're acting like this isn't a horrible concept, I like mecha, I like Kawamori, I love basketball, I rock nikes, I like hiphop and to me this is a ridiculous concept. Doesn't help that it's clearly trying to replicate the Gurren Lagann/Soul Eater cool/edgy vibe and it just comes off as trying to hard.
Am I supposed to take immediate issue with the fact that the concept is ridiculous? Personally I don't care, show me something interesting, that's what I'm looking for from this show. Though with everybody elses attitude this looks to be one of those shows that is screwed right out of the gate.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 05:02   Link #45
gundam rider

hey at least this ain't no "Macross: basketball force" , who would ever want to watch a bunch of pimped V-F units doing slamdunk in a giant court.....

to me, i basicly think that kawamori is just plain curious on trying out weird new concepts, probaly as a basis for his (succesful) future works....

seriously, have you ever watched Macross 7 & its sequels?,

who would ever want to pilot a high-speed jet figther with just a guitar?......
gundam rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 05:06   Link #46
Kikuchi

Just watched the first episode.

I'm really surprised, I didn't thought I'd like it so much, especially since I usually don't like our french "dessins animés".
But this was kinda one of those, done *right*. It's not serious, really FUN and the blend in graphical styles works pretty well.

Only "downside" would be Miyuki and the whole ambigious scene in the middle, it really wasn't needed >_>

Anyway, I'm really curious about it now that I saw the first ep. I'll watch it for what it is and hope it turns out well.
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 06:14   Link #47
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I don't know how to give a proper review of it, it feels orginal to a certain extent, but it feels typical to a certain extent too.

The visuals are good, some nice eye candy. Satelite does make one of the best CG in terms of anime. The backgrounds are absolutely amazing, oh how I hated my french lessons about french bread and crap, the french did made some amazing background. Unique style, but still looking like anime.

The mecha designs...erm...not as 'unique' as ganmen but not as 'normal' Sunrise. The seiyuus did well, nothing to complain about.

I'll keep an eye on this, it's a series trying to be cool, I'll see whether it'll actually be cool. Lets hope there would be some gar-ness out of it. I'm lacking of any gar series lately...everything I watch seems to be moe-blob.
Old 2009-04-03, 06:21   Link #48
danin8r44
The King of the Insane

I don't know on this one. It is absolutely beautiful, but everything else about it makes me feel like it won't keep me entertained any further than the visuals.
danin8r44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 06:53   Link #49
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Am I supposed to take immediate issue with the fact that the concept is ridiculous?
No you're suppose to sidestep that and call it fun. I really don't see the point in whining about someone complaining about the concept when it's clearly lolzy and even Kawamori would say so. Instead of defending a lolzy concept worry more about the stuff that will make or break the show itself, the characters and actual content.... oh.. and make sure to buy Nikes!!!

*slips on a pair*
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 07:15   Link #50
Flo
The Necessary Evil

After watching ep 1 RAW...

Spoiler:

M:F style Triangle assured.

Damn you Kawamori...
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 07:25   Link #51
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
After watching ep 1 RAW...

Spoiler:

M:F style Triangle assured.

Damn you Kawamori...
that is what i said lol!

Last edited by golthin; 2009-04-03 at 08:56.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 11:22   Link #52
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I fell in love with Miyuki and her bouncing breasts.

I dig.

Love at first sight.

This anime could be about turtles mating with beetles for all I care, gonna keep watching for Miyuki.
Old 2009-04-03, 12:05   Link #53
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
...I'm really surprised, I didn't thought I'd like it so much, especially since I usually don't like our french "dessins animés".
But this was kinda one of those, done *right*....
There is a TV special around that appears to show Thomas Romain and his French crew working in Japan in a Japanese office, and shows him speaking Japanese. I think the French animators have learned some Japanese style and technique and have blended it with their own.

I'm still unconvinced about the story and characters, but the backgrounds are wonderful.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 13:12   Link #54
Kikuchi

Is it that episode "00" that I see on Tokyo Toshokan ?

I'm quite interested in this, I'll look into it.
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 13:52   Link #55
aardvark

Since when are "ridiculous" concepts considered a bad thing for cartoons?
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 15:42   Link #56
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
No you're suppose to sidestep that and call it fun. I really don't see the point in whining about someone complaining about the concept when it's clearly lolzy and even Kawamori would say so. Instead of defending a lolzy concept worry more about the stuff that will make or break the show itself, the characters and actual content.... oh.. and make sure to buy Nikes!!!

*slips on a pair*
Okay good, cause that's my game plan.

Sans the buying Nikes.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 17:06   Link #57
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
Since when are "ridiculous" concepts considered a bad thing for cartoons?
I've been asking myself the same question for quite a few days now thanks to this thread.

It's probably going to be another Gurren Lagann, i mean that show was bashed like this before it aired, and look at it's popularity today.
Old 2009-04-03, 19:30   Link #58
NakedAngelX

Awesome!!! Miyuki talks too erotic xD And the soft drink girl too

Spoiler for Ep 1:
Old 2009-04-03, 20:11   Link #59
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
Wow. Just watched the first episode. I really must say, I'm impressed.

At first I thought this was probably one of the most ridiculous concepts to have ever been created. I mean really? Mechs playing basketball? That's almost as silly as playing a children's card game on bikes. But then I saw the PVs and thought it wouldn't be that bad, so I tried it out. Now I'm just blown away.

Production quality is pretty high up there if not amazing. At first I was put off by the mechs being in 3D, but actually seeing them in action changed my mind completely. They really compliment the environment. There's so much constant movement, it's pretty crazy. Lots of action.

And I can totally see this being another Gurren Lagann. I mean heck, you've already got a hotblooded young male lead with a busty girl at his side. The style also reminds me a bit of Gainax too. Just really loving all the aspects of it so far since it went beyond my expectations for this show. Can't wait to see the next episode.
Jinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 22:43   Link #60
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
this is basically gurren laggan, just instead of drills you have basketball.
I would even go as far as saying this is pretty much based on gurren laggan and is trying to go for the same things that made GL so good in the eyes of most people.

I think the first episode was pretty good, I liked the main characters and am hoping for the best.

also, BEST SIDEKICK ANIMAL\CREATURE EVER XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Quote:
Seriously, I'll have a hard time picking between this and Saki as the most stupid ideas in recent anime history
Neither will beat Queen's Blade in that field

Admittedly, basketball playing robots are retarded. But I found the background art great. But at it is, it is wasted to a concept I'm not interested in.
so was GL's idea, and yakitate japan's and plenty other good anime.
the concept is irrelevant, a "good" concept done bad will be a hell of a lot worse then a "stupid" concept done well.
in the end all that matters is the way it is done, srsly azumanga is about a couple of schoolgirls going to school, it doesn't even have a concept.
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basketball, mecha, shounen