Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-05-05, 18:56   Link #9021
danin8r44
The King of the Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
We have no proof of that as of right now.

I think the mangaka went through enough of an effort to show us that they have an altered interpretation of our standard on monsters. That was clear enough when Inner Moka completely debunked the idea of Tsukune turning into a vampire just from being bitten.

And even with his transformation, what he eventually ended up as was not much more than an unrefined version of the original.
I'm no expert on vampires, but I have heard plenty of vampire legends that far predate R+V that say to turn someone into a vampire you must inject them with vampire blood, otherwise the person just dies from blood loss. As for the less refined version of the original, this is only due to his powers being held back by his bracelet.
Though I don't disagree that the author puts an odd spin on the normal image of these monsters. I think Mizore is the biggest example of this(of the main characters that is). Traditional yuki-onna are supposed to lead you astray and let you freeze or just be peaceful. They don't really show much control over snow aside from being cold or vanishing in it.
danin8r44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 19:19   Link #9022
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

i didnt really mean it =\

but maybe if Gin bites the human and gives him his blood a few times it will work? lol R+V Canon is so fucjked up.
Old 2009-05-05, 19:37   Link #9023
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by danin8r44 View Post
I'm no expert on vampires, but I have heard plenty of vampire legends that far predate R+V that say to turn someone into a vampire you must inject them with vampire blood, otherwise the person just dies from blood loss. As for the less refined version of the original, this is only due to his powers being held back by his bracelet.
Honestly this is the first fandom I've seen where the whole transfer of blood thing was a major focus. Then again, I'm not really much of a vampire fan to begin with, just dabbling between this and Hellsing every once in a while so I guess that's a personal bias on what I percieve as "popular view".

When I said "less refined" I meant the nature of Tsukune's final transformation, not necessarily his power. In Moka's own words, "Vampires are a naturally violent race, a Ghoul is a personification of that." Without that bracelet keeping tabs on his output, that instinct would consume him; power without control and all that.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 19:47   Link #9024
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
... and you guys bring up a peeve of mine yet again... Tsukune was NOT, I repeat, WAS NOT set-up by the higher-ups to go to Youkai Academy. Sure, it's only Tsukune's dad's thought bubble, but we're clearly shown that the flyer was accidentally dropped by a monk who was collecting them. In the anime only did they show the exorcist purposely drop a flier. However, it was the bus driver who brought Tsukune to Youkai Academy in the first place... and as we've seen, the Demon Lords are always in the thick of things. Besides, I'm sure the driver could smell that Tsukune was a human, and informed the Headmaster/Exorcist soon thereafter.

So, think about this: the purpose of Youkai Academy is to get monsters to interact with humans. So, what better way than to bring a human into the school, and see how a human survives amongst monsters? We've seen this before, with Hokuto. However, they lost Hokuto, and therefore their human specimen. Around comes Tsukune, another human... do you really think the higher-ups aren't going to jump on this chance? Then add in Moka to the equation which keeps Tsukune there... I do believe the higher-ups are smiling big time, having another human in the school
After reading enough manga, there are never any coincidences. Just like with Hokuto I'm sure he was singled out for some reason.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 19:48   Link #9025
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I believe Tsukune was meant to go to the school, one way to another. Whether it was indirect (looking for a human student) or direct (wanting Tsukune specifically) is all up in the air. I hope the author clarifies this. I think it would be awesome if he was targeted specifically. Its always cool with the whole "the one" theme, lol.

And its like in Naruto with ..
Spoiler for who his parents are:
Old 2009-05-05, 20:15   Link #9026
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, we have nothing confirmed about this... Tsukune going to Youkai Academy and meeting Moka WAS a coincidence, or better known as plot device, until further confirmation. In fact, pretty much everything up to the Kyou arc was coincidence... but that can also be attributed to Tsukune being a nice guy as well and therefore getting the girls on his side. Once the Medusa teacher learned of Tsukune's humanity, then things became far less coincidental

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 22:45   Link #9027
Cio
Otaku

If Tsukune's arrival at Youkai Academy is a plot, then the first suspect plotting this scheme is definitely the bus driver, headmaster and MAYBE just maybe Moka's mother because they want to realize youkai and human to live together peacefully.
Old 2009-05-05, 22:51   Link #9028
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Wonder in the future chapters there will be more revealed humans in youkai academy since if Hokuto was first turned youka and Tsukune became half human due to the vampire blood, probably next we'll have someone graduate youkai academy without turning to a youkai.
Old 2009-05-05, 23:03   Link #9029
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Ive been thinking... since Tsukune now has Moka's blood, wouldn't that technically make him related to her now? lol
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 23:09   Link #9030
Cio
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Ive been thinking... since Tsukune now has Moka's blood, wouldn't that technically make him related to her now? lol
Don't bother that... Since incest is tons right now
Old 2009-05-05, 23:09   Link #9031
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

... *facepalm*

in technicality, I suppose you could say they share the same blood...

oh dear gods... now you've put thoughts of incest in my head... DAMN YOU!

Old 2009-05-05, 23:11   Link #9032
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well as a blood donor Iam I related to the person now that I've given blood?

Seriously Tsukune still is human due to the locket. It's also mentioned in the manga, he turned to a vampire on the dopple arc. But still using seals he's doesn't fully succumb to the urge of the true nature of vamps.
Old 2009-05-05, 23:18   Link #9033
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
lol thats psuedo-incest. if tsukune's human mother turns out to be a caretaker with his real mother being moka's then it will be incest. imo it comes down to who gave birth to who to truly decide such a link.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 23:18   Link #9034
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

him succumbing= Ghoul mode. And I for one don't want to see Moka ever have to fight him again (seeing as how painful it was for her)

and I guess the best way to describe things with blood is that they're not related, but they are connected... but it's sort of been like that from Day 1.

And since I know it's been mentioned once or twice around here... I do believe Tsukune will eventually be able to be free of the locket, but that probably won't happen until near the end of this series.

Old 2009-05-05, 23:27   Link #9035
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Since your talking about incest...

Kokoa - Tsukune-nii-chan...
Old 2009-05-05, 23:35   Link #9036
Cio
Otaku

Cocoa would never call him ni-chan, since she is definitely will go tsundere to him
Old 2009-05-06, 00:08   Link #9037
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cio View Post
Cocoa would never call him ni-chan, since she is definitely will go tsundere to him
We'll wait for the DERE mode.
Old 2009-05-06, 00:34   Link #9038
X207
Gamyūsa

lol kokoa is a tough nut to crack but deep down she's just a sweet and kind girl. i wonder how the other 2 sisters will react to him when/if he joins the family.
Old 2009-05-06, 00:39   Link #9039
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Will there be more? I thought it ends with chapter 40...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 00:50   Link #9040
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Will there be more? I thought it ends with chapter 40...
i dont mind how long it takes, just as long as its not too rushed or stretched.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire