Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-20, 20:36   Link #8121
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Just got MoP and CAT for cheap just to try the game again for the frist time since end of 2009, and all I can say is WTF have they done to this game it's been dumbed down to the extreme you can face roll the instances hell I can tank with one button it's that easy.
They shifted the role of tanking in dungeons to someone who struggles with threat to one where you deal a significant amount of damage and act as front line control.

Cata dungeons are fun because they were a challenge, MoP dungeons are once again faceroll. I recommend you to try out the dungeon challenges. Some of them are quite interesting if you aim for gold. I am unsure how the optimized gears, gems and enchant play out when scaled down, but I had a lot of fun getting all my golds in the first two months of MoP.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 17:54   Link #8122
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Well trying to enjoy my elemental shaman in bgs has its downs more then ups. 75% of the time I would say I just get cc'ed and then the 25% is pure joy of damage and killing. Really trying my hardest to enjoy it. Probably wont play much more, was fun while it lasted
Old 2013-10-23, 17:55   Link #8123
Newhope

Definitely not renewing my sub on this game just isn't what it used to be in a bad way, to be frank it's boring.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 03:27   Link #8124
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Agreed. Pandaria offered very little beyond the opening days, which was a shame since the lore potential was big. Scenarios were a decent idea as were personalised loot, but people lack time for raids now...

And the fact Hearthstone has emerged and Titan will be out within the next year or so based on leaked plans pretty much flags that Blizzard know WoW is running out of steam. And that actually did fit in with their timeline predictions.
Old 2013-10-30, 12:00   Link #8125
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Agreed. Pandaria offered very little beyond the opening days, which was a shame since the lore potential was big. Scenarios were a decent idea as were personalised loot, but people lack time for raids now...

And the fact Hearthstone has emerged and Titan will be out within the next year or so based on leaked plans pretty much flags that Blizzard know WoW is running out of steam. And that actually did fit in with their timeline predictions.
The titan team was disbanded and it was merged back into WoW team, Titan is being rebooted and wont be around till 2016+ info is from MMO champion post and PC gamer, pretty much anywhere.

Its the reason why WoW patches came out a lot faster and more content was being created. WoW has got many years of life left in it. Also the WoW panel is huge at blizzcon this year because of many new announcements for the game.
Old 2013-10-30, 13:34   Link #8126
Newhope

WOW is losing steam and has been for a while, Down 600k Subs last quarter alone.
Old 2013-10-30, 13:37   Link #8127
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Still over 6 million though. Not many MMOs can even support that number.
Old 2013-10-30, 14:12   Link #8128
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Still over 6 million though. Not many MMOs can even support that number.
It was down 1.3m in the frist quarter as well and it's not just subs thats plunging either, it's revenue is down over 50% YOY.
Old 2013-10-30, 19:47   Link #8129
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Its at 8 million active subs. Still not its peak and it is going down slowly. Not that I want to play it, after having a go at MoP after 2 years of not playing it, its still the same stuff.
Old 2013-10-30, 22:15   Link #8130
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That is about the same number as the population of the State of Virginia (12th largest in population count in the United States).

Also happens to be about the population size of Israel (97th country by population) or Tajikistan (98th country by population).
Old 2013-11-02, 20:37   Link #8131
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

So there we have it "Warlords of Draenor" is likely to be the next expansion, it has been trademarked for expansion. Will be fun to see what it is about. Still playing WoW waiting for my sub time to run out may just play it casually, as it is still fun for a few hours a week.
Old 2013-11-03, 02:06   Link #8132
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Remaking outlands? (its horrible for leveling - although the dungeon grind makes it really fast)

i can't wait til they just say they are remaking BT and sunwell because people do not get to do those.

Really, stay out of sunwell.
Old 2013-11-03, 02:18   Link #8133
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I got to raid both of those places when they came out. Was real epic, but I hope its not a remake or it will feel like cata all over again.
Old 2013-11-03, 02:52   Link #8134
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Cata for me was fine, dungeons were actually fun and raids were decent. WotLK though was such a bore. I do not think I would have bothered with wrath at all if I knew what is going to happen.

We lost a lot of good players during the naxx farm stages. We came right out of sunwell into a raid that we take fresh lv80s into...
Old 2013-11-03, 03:36   Link #8135
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Going back to Outland...what for...

For...Turalyon and Alleria?

Burning Legion? (Wrathion keeps hinting at it, particularly in the latter parts of the legendary questline)

I...don't know what to make of this...

As for me, Wrath was my fave expansion by a mile. Loved every zone, loved the lore, ICC and Ulduar were damn fun. Obtaining Mimiron's Head during Wrath was definitely my favourite thing to acquire through my entire time in the game. Heroics took a better turn in terms of being balanced. Most of the 5 player instances were quite fun in either mode. Hunting down rares and getting the spirit pets was nice and always had the element of chance.

Cata was fine - definitely queue improvements but early Cata was weak and zone levelling was splintered and didn't feel important. That underwater zone had so much more potential but instead was slow and way too big for so little. Firelands and Dragon Soul was a lift. The lovely spread of rare pets to acquire was also delectable.

Pandaria had the best zone flow and a great story to it. The dailies nodes for reps at 90 were fast to roll through in a group. Scenarios and Timeless Isle were good ideas. Personalised loot was a great idea. Transmogrification made characters finally look right. However...PvP just became utterly stupid, can't believe how that aspect and how people play it has fallen off. Any raid after Mogushan Vaults seemed rather weak and didn't really feel connected to what was going on. After levelling, only the legendary line and Jaina's plight felt like it mattered. And even though Timeless Isle provided a nice bridger for those who needed it, it killed any interest in Siege LFR. Flex seemed like a gimmick to counter the fact. And...the really cool stuff one could get beyond gear points was not there...no cool/dreamy mounts, the pets were ridiculously low chance to get - in fact, this whole pet chasing thing is way out of hand and merely another Pokemon version...like we needed more of them...And the community...is there a community anymore? I've never seen more trolling and stupidity that came about from the way Timeless Isle PvP made everyone turn on each other and hate each other to death, or whine about LFR or whatever.

And that's my main issue with Pandaria. There wasn't anything from it I can keep or want to remember long term. Vanilla had Anh'Qiraj and pally/rogue mog. Wrath was just awesome from start to finish and the most fun my friends and I had raiding. Burning Crusade had those feat mounts to chase, the Illidan saga. Cata peaked late in the piece, while Time Lord set and Deathwing's demise were worth it. Pandaria...racing around for world bosses, reps being finished in the blink of an eye for eff all, no gear I'd ever want to mog (seriously, nothing worth mogging for a Monk is sad...), lore dropped off the moment you hit 90. Getting the Thundering Cobalt Drake from Nalak was a decent feeling but...it just didn't have that cool factor. Mimiron's Head just always gets me whispers and smiles - people love it. When it comes to gear and mounts, it just feels like Blizzard don't put in the effort anymore. Hard to care when it seems like they don't.

*shrug* I wish they'd done something like the Emerald Dream or a saga involving the three Windrunners, or make a major showdown between multiple faction leaders.

Think I might just drop my subscription at December and see what on earth they come up with. If it seems remotely worth it, I might bite, but...for months now, all I log on for are daily cooldowns and to chase the Onyxia mount and my missing MH Warglaive.
Old 2013-11-03, 11:17   Link #8136
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Ulduar was my favorite and I quit PvE after spending weeks trying to do Yogg saron hardmode, got it in the end though! Went to PvP after that, and its like you said Last Sinner PvP in MoP is stupid. Doesn't feel right, but I reckon it will definitely change for the good in the next expansion. Hopefully anyway, might start playing PvP for ranking again if it does.
Old 2013-11-03, 15:39   Link #8137
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

One of the weakness in WoW lore is that once you defeat something it just not there anymore...
The presence of demons have been missing for quite a while (and we still do not know what is going on on top of the frozen throne...)

ICC was a terrible raid imo.
Half the fights there are really stupid even on HM 25. Sindragosa for example has some awkward LoS issues and she hits far too hard (and I played a prot war...). I have had my OT just put me on follow during HM blood queen because all he had to do is stand there and eat the strikes.
Old 2013-11-03, 19:38   Link #8138
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I can say that Wrath was my most favorite expansion as well. It allowed so much possibilities for everyone.
Old 2013-11-03, 20:10   Link #8139
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Wrath had a real purpose - kill Arthas at all costs. Yet it threw a lot of other things into the mix. From the outset to the end, you knew what the goal was. What I never expected was for Northrend to be...pretty. The Warcraft 2 and 3 days painted it as a frozen wasteland - which Dragonblight and Icecrown certainly well, along with Zul'Drak going to hell to boot. Yet there were really gorgeous zones with great music like Sholazar Basin, Grizzly Hills and Howling Fjord. Big things happened to Varian, Thrall and Jaina amongst others.

Cata was a bit all over the place at the start - but the goal of taking out Deathwing was clear. Harrison Jones in Uldum was undeniably fun.

Burning Crusade had a clear plan - take out the trinity of Kael'thas, Vashj and ultimately Illidan. Nagrand was the first time a zone took my breath away.

Pandaria...what was the plan? Eventually it lead to Garrosh but...almost anything in between the great start and a conclusive end has been rather...?? The revival of the trolls...AGAIN...felt really underwhelming for me.

If things really are returning to Draenor/Outland again...I sincerely hope there is a proper plan this time.
Old 2013-11-03, 22:45   Link #8140
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well fixing the questing of Outland would help a bit. I've been told that leveling 1-60 is fine after CATA and questing from Northend and beyond is at least interesting with good story elements from 68-90. But leveling in Outland is quite dull at times in terms of storytelling.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows