AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-10-03, 22:33   Link #821
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
At which point did you stop? There is a certain point where the show jumps the shark and started to go downhill. Now if when that certain event happened you actually like it, then maybe you'll like the ending. Who knows? But if you don't like it (I loathed it) then the show just sort of tanks from that point on. Once that thing happened I pretty much predicted the rest of it for the most part. But that event is pretty much what had people like WTF! And either people liked it or hated it. And you will know what I am talking about if you've seen it because well...you'll just know. God. For me it was a very promising and interesting show up until that point.
I don’t remember watching far before putting it off. IIRC it’s around episode 3-5 before I was being too busy to continue watching. So, maybe I haven’t gotten into that point yet?
Old 2017-10-05, 09:31   Link #822
magnuskn

Well, that ended satisfyingly emotional.

Yeah, Charioce was needlessly a dick about everything. But in the end, things worked out pretty okay. Poor El, though.
Old 2017-10-06, 08:53   Link #823
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I don’t remember watching far before putting it off. IIRC it’s around episode 3-5 before I was being too busy to continue watching. So, maybe I haven’t gotten into that point yet?
Nah, it's much later.
Old 2017-10-14, 21:23   Link #824
Mister Twit

Well, that was a crazy ride.

I don't know if it's because I lost interest or because it was actually really kind of stupid but the whole the explanation of the Bahamut thing was really confusing. He wanted to unseal Bahamut so he could kill it? Was that supposed to be a good idea or a bad idea? I didn't recall anyone in this universe even wanting Bahamut around except maybe Favaro since Amira was a part of it, and he didn't seem bothered by the idea. Even after the deed is done, nobody seems all that broken up by the fact Bahamut was supposedly killed, which makes the buildup even more perplexing. Why keep it a secret under a shadow of tyranny? What did fighting gods and enslaving demons accomplish if that was the goal? It made no sense to me.

At least the emotional arcs made up for the logic, although in the end the only thing I cared about was Jeanne not dying for a stupid reason, so El's death scared the hell out of me. Especially since it happened after Bacchus told El that he was born for his mother's sake. Thankfully Jeanne didn't just go recklessly dying in battle, although I still hate that she's left with basically nothing to give her hope.
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-16, 20:37   Link #825
SMT
*Artist

I really enjoyed the first season. This one sadly not so much...

Favaro was a great character and I did like Nina at first but as the season went on she began to annoy me especially with the romance stuff. The romance here was so cringey imo.
The whole "the king is actually a good guy and had to enslave all those demons and so on to further his plan" was super weird. And the guy wasn't interesting at all and all of the sudden was in the center of the story being the great hero that he apparently is...super annoying.

It just became really cheesy near the end and I lost a lot of my interest throughout the season. And I really wanted this to succeed and was hoping for quite a different plot...

Also the second ending kinda gave me the impression that a 14 year old girl started directing halfway through the season...well the second opening wasn't much better either.
And Kaisar being a zombie at the end was like basically showing me the middle finger, seriously what the hell was that.

6/10 for an enjoyable start but a terrible last third of the story.
SMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 06:23   Link #826
bastek66

BD's changed zombie Kaisar's face because people didn't believe he was sane

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/customer...SIN=B071W5GNJS
Old 2018-01-06, 12:33   Link #827
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It may seem like a small change, but this makes an enormous difference. At least we know he's still the same now.
Old 2018-01-07, 00:07   Link #828
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Now if the BDs could only change the entire content of the last four episodes.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-07, 00:44   Link #829
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Now if the BDs could only change the entire content of the last four episodes.
They can...if you give them plenty enough money to do so
Old 2018-01-09, 13:49   Link #830
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

The fanfic writer would fight to avoid that.
Old 2018-01-14, 02:54   Link #831
scififan

Now, all people who comments that Gabriel is manipulative or untrustworthy ought apologize to her.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-14, 20:57   Link #832
Mistyclear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
Now, all people who comments that Gabriel is manipulative or untrustworthy ought apologize to her.
Ya instead she was written off and didn’t really do anything.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angels, dark fantasy, demons, dragons, gods, sequel, undead