Notices

Old 2010-08-10, 02:29   Link #2981
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I am seriously upset with Blizzard's system with the leagues. I never lose to people in bronze, and I win about half the time I play people in silver/gold AT LEAST, yet I'm still number 1 in bronze with best w/l ratio in my division. What the fuck.

Well at least I got platinum in 2v2 with Archon (Mostly him though ).

EDIT: To make things worst, every time I get on some sort of winning streak (2 or 3 wins) they pin me up against someone in gold or some shit. Right now i jsut had to face someone in platinum, and a zerg player at that (I cannot for the life of me win against zerg). Fuck Blizzard.
Reading around, it seems to take about 30-40 games for most people, but the good news is that you can sometimes skip a level.

Also, it will get hard soon for 2v2 since at platinum level people start to know what the hell they're doing, and I can't 1v2 them anymore. j/k j/k But considering we actually did beat a plat team with quite a few games under their belt makes me think we could make diamond eventually.

But hey, actually you've improved quite a bit more than your rank suggests, especially with the scouting. I have friends in plat/diamond who seem to forget about this minor detail. But I shouldn't be that critical since I'm too lazy to grind the 1v1 ladder.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 02:47   Link #2982
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Recent development. I barely turtled out against a zerg player with 10 thors and decimated his base. Thors = OVERPOWERED lol. And this guy was in GOLD...

THEN OMFG~!!!!!!! They promoted me straight to fucking GOLD without me going into silver. I don't understand. I double face palmed.

EDIT: Thanks Archon, I do try ! =P. I'll try more to improve so we can one day get there lol.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 03:41   Link #2983
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Recent development. I barely turtled out against a zerg player with 10 thors and decimated his base. Thors = OVERPOWERED lol. And this guy was in GOLD...

THEN OMFG~!!!!!!! They promoted me straight to fucking GOLD without me going into silver. I don't understand. I double face palmed.

EDIT: Thanks Archon, I do try ! =P. I'll try more to improve so we can one day get there lol.
It means the system believes you are gold level, not silver. Congratulation!!!

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 10:07   Link #2984
Qikz

3v3 is so frustrating. We seem to lose alot due to one of the other two always tries to tech really fast and it means we don't have enough units to defend.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 11:14   Link #2985
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by feRfe View Post
duude i want to play an shooter in sc2 but havent seen one hosted wtf!
Where would one go to get these mods/maps for starcraft 2?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 11:17   Link #2986
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Holy crap, People need to get a life ._. ... >_> I wonna play.
Old 2010-08-10, 11:21   Link #2987
Qikz

Well, that's three games I've lost today of 1v1. Playing so badly.

Going to give 2v2/3v3 a miss and concentrate back on 1v1 again.
Old 2010-08-10, 12:49   Link #2988
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
So doing the 'All-In' final mission, ran into a little snag right at the end there I wasn't expecting...
If this is anything like the final Protoss mission in Brood War, going on the offensive before taking possession of the artifact might be in order... or perhaps taking a page from GDI's jaunt to Croatia in C&C3; that latter mission can be Nightmare Fuel if played 'straight'.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 13:13   Link #2989
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
If this is anything like the final Protoss mission in Brood War, going on the offensive before taking possession of the artifact might be in order... or perhaps taking a page from GDI's jaunt to Croatia in C&C3; that latter mission can be Nightmare Fuel if played 'straight'.
The game is smarter than that. Most of the enemies you face are air-dropped so you can't prevent them from spawning by taking out enemy bases. You are meant to be on a hostile alien planet, they have infinite reinforcements.
Old 2010-08-10, 13:34   Link #2990
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Getting into the placement matches after playing so much campaign is a bit strange. After all have to forget some units you were using before and get back into the swing of playing against people again.
Old 2010-08-10, 15:04   Link #2991
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I tried overwhelming "All in", my ghost teams did very well but crawlers and spores kept coming from beyond the screen, much like in utter darkness...ended up flooding the artifact with marines watched over by medivacs. Anyone got a better offensive idea than nukes (4)?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 15:05   Link #2992
Qikz

And thus is the reason I love this game.

It was a TvT, how can something be inbalanced in a mirror?
Old 2010-08-10, 15:09   Link #2993
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post

And thus is the reason I love this game.

It was a TvT, how can something be inbalanced in a mirror?
Remember, if you win, it's imbalance or luck, if they win it's because they were skilled. That is always true* God forbid anyone take responsibility for their losses.

*See Idra

Though I really wonder if one really thinks something is imbalanced, that why wouldn't they abuse it themselves?

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-08-10, 15:12   Link #2994
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Send a message via MSN to ddwkc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Remember, if you win, it's imbalance or luck, if they win it's because they were skilled. That is always true*

*See Idra

Though I really wonder if one really thinks something is imbalanced, that why wouldn't they abuse it themselves?
Some people have that sense they need to play what they believe it's fair in their little minds. It's usually bullshit. They probably abuse certain imbalanced stuff themselves.

Idra rage is fun thou. I hope he never changes this.
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
ddwkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 15:14   Link #2995
Qikz

Quote:
Remember, if you win, it's imbalance or luck, if they win it's because they were skilled. That is always true* God forbid anyone take responsibility for their losses.

*See Idra

That's what I was thinking. I have no idea how I came back though. He dropped me at the start with Hellions and Marauders, I held it off with only 2 SCVs left and I had 2 Command Centers ( I didn't transfer yet -.-).

Went vikings to snipe his medivacs, he knew I had tons from killing the ones he sent at me, but he still went Battlecruisers off of 3 bases. I shut down his 4th as it went up with two cloaked banshees (needed to help the tanks with Marauders). :P
Old 2010-08-10, 15:54   Link #2996
Lostdreams

Quote:

*See Idra

SCII is not a remotely close to balanced game so I can say that some arguements about imbalance are legit. Most are bullshit though.

I understand the pain Idra is going through. Zerg fights an uphill battle every game, and I'd be pretty pissed off if I played the game at a competetive level with Zerg.

Doesn't warrant Idra's BM though.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 16:09   Link #2997
Kafriel
Senior Guest

While I admit that the game is very aggro-friendly (for the lack of a better term), I wouldn't call any units imba; it's all up to tactics and proper investments. Unlike other RTS games, one unit by itself cannot overwhelm an entire army, unless of course you let it...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 16:14   Link #2998
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
SCII is not a remotely close to balanced game so I can say that some arguements about imbalance are legit. Most are bullshit though.

I understand the pain Idra is going through. Zerg fights an uphill battle every game, and I'd be pretty pissed off if I played the game at a competetive level with Zerg.

Doesn't warrant Idra's BM though.
Yea, Sc2 is obviously not perfectly balanced atm, though one must allow strategy to evolve. I mean Sc1 PvZ was pretty much a loss for Protoss til fast expand became standard. And that took quite a while with the help of maps.

The majority of us though, simply aren't in a position to complain about balance just because we're not good enough. Idra is actually someone that could be, but it'd be nice to provide more evidence.

But on the other hand, in regards to competitive play, I go by this...
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playi...in-part-1.html

If you're playing to win, play to win. If you view something as imbalanced then use it, and abuse it. There are no artificial rules of honor in competitive play. If he truly views zerg as underpowered, play something else. If you see an imbalance, you can prove it. (Say, switch to Terran and win every game against other good players) That's how you can get it changed. Anything else is just an excuse and is the product of a weak mind.

If the game is truly broken and not worthy of competitive play, well there's always sc1.

The only reason to not do it, is when one is playing for fun, say one thinks zerg is more fun to play.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-08-10, 16:15   Link #2999
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:

*See Idra

isnt that the same for WoW too? XD
Old 2010-08-10, 16:17   Link #3000
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
isnt that the same for WoW too? XD
I dunno, I don't play WOW, but probably applies to any game.

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows