http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=149094

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 01:08   Link #4002
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
College Humor - Starcraft: Roomates

This is what happens when a Protoss and a Zerg live in the same dorm room...
The Zergling looked more like a cockroach

Quote:
The true reason why SC2 is imbalanced:
That explains why I'm so awesome at playing Terrans
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 01:19   Link #4003
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
The music is definitely soothing .
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 01:22   Link #4004
Who

Critical mass Mutas are annoying, especially those that abuse the magic box. Basically your only defense against them is to prevent that Spire from going up or push out if you see it coming. As a toss player, you do have strategies against that, the most notable being sentries and pheonixes, but now, Terran can't rely on Thors or Marines so much. Maybe Point Defense Drones?

Last edited by Who; 2010-09-03 at 01:41.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 02:18   Link #4005
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

You know, it seems I either lose to protoss because of 3 reasons... One I don't prepare for void rays properly, dark templars own my workers when we fight and both wipe, and last, when they get enough high templars to pwn any MMM I build. I dunno, I usually don't have problems playing against zerg, and when it comes to other terran, it's basically who can get the better tank/viking build up lol.
Old 2010-09-03, 02:40   Link #4006
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Apparently MMM+ghosts are near-invincible against toss thanks to emp...really long and painful discussion about a week ago.
Quote:
College Humor - Starcraft: Roomates
Lies, vespene gas is not needed for lings overlord moment was funny as hell.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 02:48   Link #4007
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^ Apparently MMM+ghosts are near-invincible against toss thanks to emp...really long and painful discussion about a week ago.
This is true, but apparently I'm terrible at getting my emps off before those high templars get their shit off. Costs so much freaking gas too to get all the effin units up as well.
Old 2010-09-03, 05:15   Link #4008
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Same as storm being hell for MMM ball too I think High Templar and Ghosts are good example of good counters though since the better player would get the most of the skill.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.

Last edited by Alaya; 2010-09-03 at 13:23.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 05:42   Link #4009
Kafriel
Senior Guest

That was the debate...it was said that HT cost a lot to produce though (being T3 they require a lot more time and money than rax+academy) and EMP has better range. Best counter I could find are DTs, who are marginally more expensive in gas but faster to produce if you count a silo and the tech.
Btw storm isn't as strong as people make it unless it's properly placed, stim-packed MMM can run through one and survive, healing the damage every second.
Old 2010-09-03, 07:57   Link #4010
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I still sometimes forget to prepare for them in my 1v1 matches because I don't think anyone truly has the audacity to really try it.
So, Banshee rush for Terrans, yay or nay ?

On one hand, Banshees takes a while to set up. Enough time for the other side to scout and get some air defense up. Muta, Vikings, Phoenix, etc. If not, Turrets.

On the other hand, it seems cheap to attack worker units using Banshee for a huge dent in the opponent's economy. But we can blame the recieving side for not scouting enough.

Should Blizzard nerf Banshee in a future update ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 08:05   Link #4011
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
So, Banshee rush for Terrans, yay or nay ?

On one hand, Banshees takes a while to set up. Enough time for the other side to scout and get some air defense up. Muta, Vikings, Phoenix, etc. If not, Turrets.

On the other hand, it seems cheap to attack worker units using Banshee for a huge dent in the opponent's economy. But we can blame the recieving side for not scouting enough.

Should Blizzard nerf Banshee in a future update ?
How is that different from rushing to Dark Templars?
There is nothing "cheap" about using a unit for its intended purpose, any more than it would be "cheap" to build a depot wall at your choke. To prepare against air attacks is part of the game, unless you want to ban air units?

The workers are there to be killed. That is why they are even exposed to begin with. Otherwise Blizzard would have created a harvesting mechanic that renders the workers invulnerable.
Old 2010-09-03, 08:06   Link #4012
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
It's true , i always had T music in my head even though after playing Z or P

Quote:
That was the debate...it was said that HT cost a lot to produce though (being T3 they require a lot more time and money than rax+academy) and EMP has better range. Best counter I could find are DTs, who are marginally more expensive in gas but faster to produce if you count a silo and the tech.
Btw storm isn't as strong as people make it unless it's properly placed, stim-packed MMM can run through one and survive, healing the damage every second.
Use Feedback on Medivac help a lot also master micro .

If you want to see a great replay with 2 Kor :

-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 08:14   Link #4013
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
There is nothing "cheap" about using a unit for its intended purpose, any more than it would be "cheap" to build a depot wall at your choke. To prepare against air attacks is part of the game, unless you want to ban air units?
"Cheap" as in rush tactic such as 6pool, proxy gate/photon cannon, reaper etc.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 08:32   Link #4014
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
1) DT are ground and banshee are air
2) most first tier units are ground attack only, so you can have a fighting chance with DT while you are shit out of luck if they roll with banshee
3) DT are basically paper bags, you can pop them easy with just a hand full of marines or zlings. Banshee can tank air defense buildings and most ground to air units.

I can keep going, but the bottom line is that you can deal with DT easier than banshee.
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 08:38   Link #4015
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think it counts as cheese since you're going for an end-game, but it's usually more favorable than others, especially if your enemy is Z (detection is hard to come by, since they sacrifice two workers in the process). Ofc it also comes down to whether your opponent will scout or not...if they don't, you can crush them with relative ease, but if they do perhaps you should reconsider. Scouting comes early after all, so you'll have plenty of time to switch to turtling.
@^: DTs got almost twice the damage banshees do, even though they die fast they can kill just as fast.
Old 2010-09-03, 13:45   Link #4016
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
1) DT are ground and banshee are air
2) most first tier units are ground attack only, so you can have a fighting chance with DT while you are shit out of luck if they roll with banshee
3) DT are basically paper bags, you can pop them easy with just a hand full of marines or zlings. Banshee can tank air defense buildings and most ground to air units.

I can keep going, but the bottom line is that you can deal with DT easier than banshee.
What?

1. DT has a permanent cloak. Banshee has an activated cloak that need to be researched first (200/200 cost).
2. The fastest a banshee can come out is 230 second, if you don't consider resource limit (have to cut workers so will have lower income, therefore slower than 230 second). If research cloak too, then the fastest will be 280 second, which normally is impossible because a lack of gas. DT take at least 265 second to build and can be immediately warp in.
3. Assuming there's no other unit/building being made, total cost for DT including awarp gate is 590/475. For banshee, it is 650/325 without cloak research, 850/525 with cloak research.
4. DT has a dps of 26.56. Banshee has a dps of 19.2

Considering above point, DT should be easier to dealt with than Banshee (which is still not hard to deal with if scout proper, same to DT) or else why make the banshee in the first place.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 14:02   Link #4017
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

you have to remember banshee is air, so they can get the fk out of there if things goes shit town, DT can't because they are bounded by where he can run to. Banshee can harase the minerial line and fly off cliffs when soemthing can pose a threat to them, then cirle around to harase some other important buildings and fly away. DT very much just run in there and get butt rape if the exit is blocked. Also, who doesn't block off their entrance to stop any grounds from entering their base? Does banshee need the entrance to be open to get in? HELL NO. They be strolling while you be hating.
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 14:34   Link #4018
Kafriel
Senior Guest

There is the matter of early detection to consider though. Banshees can run out of juice, DTs are perma-cloaked. Since we're talking about rushing, the enemy (if terran) will definitely MULE the very second he gets 50 energy, meaning you got enough time to burst the depot and kill a few workers, then retreat. Protoss getting an observer could be a problem, but toss don't block ramps so you can run away in that case. Zerg are most prone to cloaked attacks, they're pretty much doomed if they got banshees/DTs on their trail.
Old 2010-09-03, 15:54   Link #4019
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

DT and Banshees are indeed similar. If the enemy has detection you are pretty much safe from them, if not, well good luck.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 16:08   Link #4020
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Sort of miss the old Overlord can detect from creation ability. With one over the base, no Dart Templar is getting in and at least you'd know about the Banshee.

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows