Voters: 423. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-20, 17:40   Link #341
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Bass is a GURL!?
Wait... Let me check... Yes... Just as I thought... Yep, I'm a girl!
Old 2010-02-20, 17:51   Link #342
ShadowSeed
Split of Alignment

Urahara and Yoruichi are actually pretty DARN close. they've had history, too. Ichigo and Rukia.....WTF?! No, they are friends. Ichigo probably wouldn't want to, and Byakuya wouldn't accept it. Byakuya would slaughter Ichigo, Rukia would (try to) slaughter Byakuya and Ichigo would run away from the mad scene. I seriously don't see a link in this. I always thought Orihime would be a more fitting, as she's the one Ichigo went to rescue in the fucking midst of the concentration of Hollow forces, Las Noches.
Old 2010-02-20, 17:54   Link #343
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Wait... Let me check... Yes... Just as I thought... Yep, I'm a girl!
Call me in a year
Quote:
Ichigo and Rukia.....WTF?! No, they are friends. Ichigo probably wouldn't want to, and Byakuya wouldn't accept it. Byakuya would slaughter Ichigo, Rukia would (try to) slaughter Byakuya and Ichigo would run away from the mad scene. I seriously don't see a link in this. I always thought Orihime would be a more fitting, as she's the one Ichigo went to rescue in the fucking midst of the concentration of Hollow forces, Las Noches.
Ichigo did save Rukia from the evil den of Captain back in the SS arc though, the emotional charge from HM arc should be the same. As for me, I want Ichigo to end up with Tatsuki, childhood friends ftw!
Quote:
Urahara and Yoruichi are actually pretty DARN close. they've had history, too
That's why I voted them
Old 2010-02-20, 18:04   Link #344
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSeed View Post
Urahara and Yoruichi are actually pretty DARN close. they've had history, too.
Quote:
That's why I voted them
I voted for them as well, though now that I look back on it, I’m leaning toward GinxRangiku more, but both couples seem to be canon enough.

Quote:
Call me in a year
You know it. .........................
Old 2010-02-20, 18:29   Link #345
Ichihime21
Kuroda Hayama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
Well, okay, I didn't know! Sorry for the mix up. I was also mistake for a boy as well when I first got on here. I naively assumed that when Haak said 'him' that you were a 'him.' I apologize.

Yeah, Ichigo just likes crossing swords...

The only reason why I mention that the thread was dead is because it gives the person your referencing to an unfair advantage for being attacked. It's been almost two months since that user has log on (and again two years since they first made the comment you're referring to) and I think it's unfair to quote someone who's not here to defend themselves, but as you said, whatever.
It's okay...I think they assume Im a guy because of my Icon,LMAO...I love that ICON

yeah I do admot it is unfair,but Im just bored like I said and have nothing else to do...ugh
Old 2010-02-20, 18:31   Link #346
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihime21 View Post
It's okay...I think they assume Im a guy because of my Icon,LMAO...I love that ICON

yeah I do admot it is unfair,but Im just bored like I said and have nothing else to do...ugh
Boredom happens to the best of us.
Old 2010-02-20, 18:35   Link #347
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

This is the part where I add: In my perspective opinion, Do I believe IchigoxRukia is canon. I've almost completely abandoned the series due to the excessive episodes. (It should be quite manga strict, from what I heard about the manga being true without filler arcs.)

Counter that without sounding like an antagonist xD lol, I'm joking.. well, half-joking.

~Views can differ, none of them necessary wrong or 'evil'. But thats a different discussion for a different thread </3
Old 2010-02-20, 18:35   Link #348
Ichihime21
Kuroda Hayama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Cross View Post
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]IchigoxRukia

Sorry, I had to be theatrical

It's canon to me, damnit! That is my logic! Don't make me subjugate your logic and substitute with mine!

Ichigo: Orihime has the stuff that counts... but I prefer moe, actually...
Rukia: YEEE! I told you, cough up da money!

:P or something like that.
-------

LMAO
made me laugh so fricken hard.

I like it like this:

Ichigo:Rukia Im sorry but your too BITCHY and ABUSIVE for my taste
Rukia:you BAKA...I dont care about you like that anyways...Renjis the only man for me!
Orihime:*cough* WOOHOO!
Ichigo:*turns towards orihime and smiles*
Orihime:*smiles back*
Old 2010-02-20, 19:04   Link #349
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Okay, well since this thread has been awakened, I’m going to give my opinion on all the possible pairings that are listed above.

I’ve already explained that I think that IchigoxRukia is merely friendship based (according to the definition of canon that was used previously), and friendship alone. Perhaps as the series continues and the fights becomes less and less something may kindle but for now, I sense no romantic endeavors between the two pairs.

IshidaxOrihime is mostly unrequited love. Orihime has no clue that Ishida is interested in her while Ishida watches her from the sidelines hoping that one day Ichigo will realize Orihime’s feelings for him (which is quite noble of him.) There’s obviously something there, but it’s unfortunately one-sided and kind of sad, in my opinion.

UraharaxYoruichi is one of the more canon pairings listed above (in my opinon.) They have history and are commonly seen together. Yoruichi threw away her life in SS for Urahara and the Vizards . Urahara... well, he gave her milk when he was in cat form.

ShunsuixNanao is a far more confusing relationship that even brinks on pedophilia when the Vizard history was finally introduced. I really think it should be changed now from ShunsuixNanao to ShunsuixLiza, but that’s just me.

HitsugayaxHinamori
is another unrequited love story in my eyes. I think it’s obvious that Histugaya has feelings for Hinamori and its damn obvious that Hinamori has a girl-boner for Aizen. I think that Hinamori only sees Hitsugaya as Shiro-chan, much to Shiro-chan’s dislike.

MatsumotoxGin
is another more canon pairing. They have history and it’s hinted in the manga that they have feelings for each other. There’s not much more to say about this couple.

So, overall (again in my opinion), we have two unrequited love pairings, a friendship, a pedobear incident, and two possible canon pairings. Am I saying this is it? No. I think a couple of people should be added, mainly Vizards, but I understand that this forum was made way back in the day~! Let the flames began.
Old 2010-02-20, 22:58   Link #350
Langus
Optimus Prime

Gotta say I agree with pretty much everything you said. There's just a couple I want to comment on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
ShunsuixNanao is a far more confusing relationship that even brinks on pedophilia when the Vizard history was finally introduced. I really think it should be changed now from ShunsuixNanao to ShunsuixLiza, but that’s just me.
This sort of relationship is really common in Japanese fiction (at least traditional fiction). An older male character will be the guardian of a younger female character and over time their relationship blossoms into love. It's not seen as pedophilia, at least in Japan. Personally I find their relationship endearing. It's obvious to me that she loves him, though is relcutant to admit it, and he loves her too but shies away from being serious about it (probably because he's afraid of getting hurt). This makes a lot of sense really when you look at his past as being a bit of a womanizer. Typically those sorts don't take it well when they're ont he receiving end of a break up. What happened with Lisa must have really done a number on him.

Quote:

MatsumotoxGin
is another more canon pairing. They have history and it’s hinted in the manga that they have feelings for each other. There’s not much more to say about this couple.
I think these two have the most tragic love story in all of Bleach. I wrote a fan fic about it to try and explore different options that seemed to make sense. Some people like to see Gin as 100% bad but I just can't bring myself to feel the same way. We don't know yet why Gin chose to betray everyone and go with Aizen but what we do know was that leaving her behind was incredibly hard for him. For all intents and purposes she is his only friend. While I don't think they've ever had a romantic relationship it's obvious they have a deep connection. I've been waiting for ages to see how their reunion would play out and so far Kubo's given me nothing to go on. Such a tease!
Old 2010-02-20, 23:08   Link #351
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
I'm sorry, maybe I'm going blind in my old age, but I don't see IchigoXOrihime as one of the choices. I would have voted for them if they were there, since it's actually canon that at least one of the two has feelings for the other, in that sense making it actually plausible that one day the relationship might actually happen. All the other pairs listed have not even been shown in the Manga as having a relationship of a romantic nature. Not even a one side one. So there is my reasoning fo rmy choice. I'd like to know the reason that choice was left out though, and the reason behind it.
Old 2010-02-20, 23:43   Link #352
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
This sort of relationship is really common in Japanese fiction (at least traditional fiction). An older male character will be the guardian of a younger female character and over time their relationship blossoms into love. It's not seen as pedophilia, at least in Japan. Personally I find their relationship endearing. It's obvious to me that she loves him, though is relcutant to admit it, and he loves her too but shies away from being serious about it (probably because he's afraid of getting hurt). This makes a lot of sense really when you look at his past as being a bit of a womanizer. Typically those sorts don't take it well when they're ont he receiving end of a break up. What happened with Lisa must have really done a number on him.
I never thought of that and it's true. Plus he and Nanao had a very close relationship to Lisa. I can start to see where it is endearing. I had not seen that point of view before. Thanks.

On another note, I have stumbled upon a couple manga with the same premise. Cute little shoujo mangas that always make the much older adult a friend of the family, but the ones I can read are when they end up being family. Those just gross me out.

Quote:
I think these two have the most tragic love story in all of Bleach. I wrote a fan fic about it to try and explore different options that seemed to make sense. Some people like to see Gin as 100% bad but I just can't bring myself to feel the same way. We don't know yet why Gin chose to betray everyone and go with Aizen but what we do know was that leaving her behind was incredibly hard for him. For all intents and purposes she is his only friend. While I don't think they've ever had a romantic relationship it's obvious they have a deep connection. I've been waiting for ages to see how their reunion would play out and so far Kubo's given me nothing to go on. Such a tease!
I completely agree with you on that. They both seem to have something tragic about their love and I have never been able to see Gin as completely evil either. It's not unrequited love, it's obvious they love each other, but they just aren't able to be together. It's almost like Gin has been putting up a wall that stops them from being together.
Old 2010-02-21, 00:20   Link #353
Alchemist007
*Author

Even when it's my own ship being cheered, I feel my IQ drop 43 pts to average from reading these threads.
Old 2010-02-21, 00:30   Link #354
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Even when it's my own ship being cheered, I feel my IQ drop 43 pts to average from reading these threads.
??

And the point of that post was...
Old 2010-02-21, 00:45   Link #355
Alchemist007
*Author

Arguments against and for ships are by far too plentiful yet illogical 99% of the time. It hurts my head.
Old 2010-02-21, 00:50   Link #356
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Arguments against and for ships are by far too plentiful yet illogical 99% of the time. It hurts my head.
I'm not arguing which is the best, I'm stating which is the most canon according to the material provided by the manga. The thread's title is Most canon pairing. I don't find anything illogical about that.
Old 2010-02-21, 00:52   Link #357
Alchemist007
*Author

I think there's a fallacy in that in itself. Something is canon or it isn't. But I suppose that would make me a spoilsport, I'll just leave XD
Old 2010-02-21, 01:01   Link #358
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Quote:
You're right, but your also wrong.

Wrong in the sense that talking about Manga or any other scripted form of fictional entertainment is illogical. Firstly they are not real, secondly nothing will happen that the author does not want to happen, and thirdly nothing we speculate/want/wish/ don't wish/ or desire will happen in real life. So why even talk about it in the first place? Why even have a forum at all??? Why? I'll tell you why. Because it's fun and it takes us away from the dullness, sadness, lonlyness, horror, and mundaneness of the real world.

Right because it's stupid to talk about stuff that the authore has not made 100% clear in his/her work. and my IQ drops 2 points, from 3 to 1 after I post in shipper threads. Every time I break away, they pull me right back in...
Old 2010-02-21, 01:26   Link #359
kamyu

Quote:
I think there's a fallacy in that in itself. Something is canon or it isn't. But I suppose that would make me a spoilsport, I'll just leave XD
it isn't that cut and dry.
the most obvious problem is that you have manga canon and anime canon.
you also have to consider what the author might think of as canon even if he doesn't out right declare it. you see, authors aren't stupid. they know that declaring certain couples will alienate large groups of fans. it is much safer for profits to drop hints around instead of declaring a couple.

to others about why the list is incomplete: this thread is ancient, some members of potential couples didn't even exist yet.

on a side note, the ikkaku kendo filler dub is airing now. gogo ikkakuXmizuho?

edit: OH GOD CAKE EPISODE...
Old 2010-02-21, 01:31   Link #360
Langus
Optimus Prime

I don't see anything wrong with discussing the potential for a deeper relationship between characters, even if it's only been hinted at. It makes the characters seem more three dimensional and readers have an easier time relating to them. Particularly when it comes to themes of unrequited love (Ishida, Orihime, etc.) it's easy for many people to feel a connection with those feelings of wanting and missed opportunities and ergo feel a connection to that character ultimately boosting their sales/the manga's popularity.