Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-16, 03:32   Link #321
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Well if people still have a problem with the drool part of the series and it's gonna ruin the experience for them, then why stay? To keep saying that it's gross? IF you don't like the series just leave, plain and simple.
Sorry but personally I don't drop shows just because there's one aspect of it that I don't like. I'm sure that's probably the case for the others.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 03:33   Link #322
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Deep breathe everyone. Let's move on.

Also, put me down for that JudasMartel's Brain Bleach. I'll be calling soon. Interesting couple of episodes. I have absolutely no idea where this premise is going, but she is very very interesting of a character. I'm very intrigued.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 03:37   Link #323
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I can not say that I find the saliva exchange in the quantity and viscosity that the anime depicts appealing, the opposite; but complaining about it is no different than complaining about the dozens of Urabe's panty-shots (which unlike her spit are irrelevant to the plot, but there aren't as many complains about it). At least, it's refreshing that haters focus their other problems to something else, rather then the fleeting visual exposition of not so well concealed differences between the human genders
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 03:49   Link #324
EroKing

lol@this scene
Old 2012-04-16, 04:23   Link #325
ImagineThat
Cant think of one Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post

lol@this scene
Loved that scene.

In this episode we saw Urabe use super speed to evade Tsubaki, after image, transfer her feelings into her drool and read Tsubaki dirty thoughts by ingesting his drool.

I wonder what else she has up her sleeve? maybe she has a spirit bomb move that's made entirely of drool.
ImagineThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 05:29   Link #326
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Deep breathe everyone. Let's move on.

Also, put me down for that JudasMartel's Brain Bleach. I'll be calling soon. Interesting couple of episodes. I have absolutely no idea where this premise is going, but she is very very interesting of a character. I'm very intrigued.
You got the sarcasm, didn't you?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 06:24   Link #327
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I can not say that I find the saliva exchange in the quantity and viscosity that the anime depicts appealing, the opposite; but complaining about it is no different than complaining about the dozens of Urabe's panty-shots (which unlike her spit are irrelevant to the plot, but there aren't as many complains about it). At least, it's refreshing that haters focus their other problems to something else, rather then the fleeting visual exposition of not so well concealed differences between the human genders
People would naturally complain about panty shots for being irrelevant pandering where as people complaining about the spit are doing so because of it's squick nature, so I don't think there's much similarity tbh.
Old 2012-04-16, 06:31   Link #328
judasmartel
*Author

Is it because panty shots are too common in anime nowadays, and drool fetish is a relatively new concept for some?
Old 2012-04-16, 06:53   Link #329
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
People would naturally complain about panty shots for being irrelevant pandering where as people complaining about the spit are doing so because of it's squick nature, so I don't think there's much similarity tbh.
Which is partially my point... they want to complain, their provocation and subsequent discussion is irrelevant, since I don't see a riot here about the panty-shots, which in this case are irrelevant.

In any case, should the anime wished to be more appealing they could very well have censored the drool, like they did with Urabe's naked body.

Anyway, pointless hatred aside, the worst for me in the show are the retro visuals... is there any particular reason behind them
Old 2012-04-16, 06:55   Link #330
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Is it because panty shots are too common in anime nowadays, and drool fetish is a relatively new concept for some?
I have my doubts drooling is portrayed as a fetish in this series, because it doesn't sexualize the concept. If I think back to Nisemonogatari and its toothbrush business, that whole scene was to make brushing teeth look like an erotic experience. So far, the show hasn't gone down that road. Even the protagonist questioned the need for their ritual. Why are they doing this routine? It's not for sexual arousal.

P.S. to people icking over the drool: take a shot of desinfectant before you kiss someone next time, and after!
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 07:00   Link #331
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Which is partially my point... they want to complain, their provocation and subsequent discussion is irrelevant, since I don't see a riot here about the panty-shots, which in this case are irrelevant.

In any case, should the anime wished to be more appealing they could very well have censored the drool, like they did with Urabe's naked body.

Anyway, pointless hatred aside, the worst for me in the show are the retro visuals... is there any particular reason behind them
There's no provocation. It's only a provocation if you want it to be. They're simply giving their opinion on it. It's a discussion forum after all. You're supposed to talk about what you like and dislike about a show. If you want to talk about how bad the retro animation is then why not?
Old 2012-04-16, 07:03   Link #332
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
There's no provocation. It's only a provocation if you want it to be. They're simply giving their opinion on it. It's a discussion forum after all. You're supposed to talk about what you like and dislike about a show. If you want to talk about how bad the retro animation is then why not?
Discussing whether they are good or bad is somewhat pointless, I am more curious about why they chose them in the first place, is the manga/novel (/ whatever the original source is) from the 80/90s or something
Old 2012-04-16, 07:18   Link #333
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Discussing whether they are good or bad is somewhat pointless, I am more curious about why they chose them in the first place, is the manga/novel (/ whatever the original source is) from the 80/90s or something
Well if it's pointless for you then that's fine too. I only said the drool was icky once and decided it was pointless to say it after that. How pointless it is pretty much depends upon the person.

About the art, the manga started in 2006 but the mangaka himself starting writing in 1991 so that's probably why the designs are retro.
Old 2012-04-16, 08:15   Link #334
judasmartel
*Author

Say, who do you like to voice Aika and Imai?
Old 2012-04-16, 09:14   Link #335
whitecloud

Now...let me ask you guys...let's just say if you guys have girlfriend like her...what is your action?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 09:45   Link #336
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Now...let me ask you guys...let's just say if you guys have girlfriend like her...what is your action?
Change her diet, comb her hair... then a psychiatrist
Old 2012-04-16, 11:33   Link #337
Zetsubo
著述遮断

<nostaligic ranting>

How many of us males in your youngest years understood our female peers ?

How many of us recognized young female anxiety and awkwardness ?

How many of us by wholesale, incorrectly interpreted the females in our young age group as far more mature than we were ?

How many were "intimidated" by her mature sounding voice packaged in her 15 - 17 year old body ?

(I think they did a perfect job of voicing Urabe with this seiyu as it should remind us of our male anxiety when encountering females who's voice sounding older.)

Yet still how many tried to pigeon hole young women as having a fixed set of behaviors that we read about in some magazines or "learned about" during our guy talk at the back of the classroom or after school at video game shop.

At that age all young women seemed mysterious... double so for a young woman that did not fit the typical "girly" mold we were taught to put them in.

</nostalgic ranting>
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 12:45   Link #338
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Finally got the courage to watch the first episode...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Wake up, because I do not see myself getting a girlfriend like her while sober and awake.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 14:06   Link #339
Blaat

At this point I'm wondering to myself why aren't they French kissing, it's definitely more hygienic that way.
Old 2012-04-16, 14:58   Link #340
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Not really, its basically the same thing.

Though my personal theory as to why she doesn't do that is feedback loop.

Tags
romance, seinen