AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-01-06, 17:36   Link #61
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I really wish they'd start showing me new stuff, instead of "top picks for you" and then showing stuff I couldn't care less about...

Thanks, found it now.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-06, 17:49   Link #62
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Other than "the northern war" I have no idea what this will be about.

I expect nobody to be watching it other than people familiar with the source material.

I mean I'm kind of a Cold Steel-only guy, and I don't think the show thus far is incapable of standing on its own per se. But I still don't think it'll have much of an audience outside of the players.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-06, 18:29   Link #63
Dextro
He Without a Title

I just hope it's better than the last time trails got an anime adaptation.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-01-07, 21:15   Link #64
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

I play the games so this was a series I was very much looking forward to.

Very exciting start, great fight against that sasquatch.

Looking forward to seeing more.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-07, 23:39   Link #65
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-08, 05:01   Link #66
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
You haven't played the games then? From episode one all I can say is that this is going in with the clear expectation that people know the games. This was kind of expected given they are specifically filling in a bit of story that got left out between two games of the same sub-series (Cold Steel 2 and 3) but they really aren't trying to sugar coat it.

They already spoiled the ending of two games in the series, hard, just on the exposition at the start of the episode. This will be super confusing for people who haven't played the games.

This is actually disappointing. I personally love the games and feel like they need more people to find a reason to pick them up. While I, as a hardcore fan, love the expansion of the lore and them adding some detail to an important part of the story, I can still recognize that it's going to turn this show into a super niche thing for existing fans
Old 2023-01-09, 05:12   Link #67
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The concept of enemies is a bit muddied in Cold Steel. Like Rean and this new character (name has yet to sink in sorry) most definitely belong to nations which can be considered enemies, but it's like.. It's not like Rean is a villainous character in any way. It's complicated.

That said, I wish people would stop this whole trend of "this will be confusing to people unfamiliar with the source material". Like maybe if these people themselves say they are confused that's a whole other thing, but please don't get confused on behalf of other people.

People always tell me I'm confused because I started with Cold Steel, well, I'm fine.

Besides, "They spoiled the ending".

I mean what? You expect us to watch an anime about the northern war without mentioning the annexation of Crossbell?

I mean it's not like that's some major reveal. It's just one event that happened.

By that logic, Cold Steel "spoiled" the azure tree.
Old 2023-01-09, 06:16   Link #68
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
The concept of enemies is a bit muddied in Cold Steel. Like Rean and this new character (name has yet to sink in sorry) most definitely belong to nations which can be considered enemies, but it's like.. It's not like Rean is a villainous character in any way. It's complicated.

That said, I wish people would stop this whole trend of "this will be confusing to people unfamiliar with the source material". Like maybe if these people themselves say they are confused that's a whole other thing, but please don't get confused on behalf of other people.

People always tell me I'm confused because I started with Cold Steel, well, I'm fine.

Besides, "They spoiled the ending".

I mean what? You expect us to watch an anime about the northern war without mentioning the annexation of Crossbell?

I mean it's not like that's some major reveal. It's just one event that happened.

By that logic, Cold Steel "spoiled" the azure tree.
You don't actually get spoiled anything about 'Azure tree' since the game has never explained you what it really is during Cold Steel 1&2 You're likely to just thinking "That's a cool looking big tree" and move on.

If anything, the biggest thing that anime spoiled are not about Crossbelle. It's about...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Marina2; 2023-01-09 at 06:27.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-09, 11:29   Link #69
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I honestly don't think it's that big of a deal. I read the manual of CS2 before finishing CS1.
Old 2023-01-09, 15:07   Link #70
magnuskn

Well, these characters sure have a good attitude towards things like fighting monsters and so on. I quite like this, despite the animation being not that very good.
Old 2023-01-09, 17:48   Link #71
The Green One

The Legend of Heroes series is NOT one that you get in from in the middle very easily. It's extremely lore heavy and has a long continuity to be aware of. The various "arcs" can be viewed by themselves but still have lots of connecting plots and people from previous arcs that make limited sense without seeing the associated arcs. Even if you start in the Cold Steel Arc you've still got stuff from the Liberl Arc and Crossbell Arc that get passing mention of events and names of people.

It can be a mess for the casual player/viewer to follow.
Old 2023-01-09, 18:24   Link #72
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Have there been any anecdotes from people who actually do have difficulty following? Because I really don't, myself.
Old 2023-01-09, 19:02   Link #73
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

While I haven't watched this anime yet, the North Ambrian conflict is a bit more disconnected from the overarching story than most "side story" events in the lore, and IMHO doesn't get referenced a lot in any of the games much. Knowing the background of the conflict and it's major players is probably enough.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-09, 19:18   Link #74
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Idk, I haven't completed CSIV yet but the northern conflict just keeps being brought up.
Old 2023-01-09, 19:42   Link #75
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
While I haven't watched this anime yet, the North Ambrian conflict is a bit more disconnected from the overarching story than most "side story" events in the lore, and IMHO doesn't get referenced a lot in any of the games much. Knowing the background of the conflict and it's major players is probably enough.
The third game kept on mentioning it over and over to the point of annoyance. Especially during that character arc with Sara.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-09, 21:33   Link #76
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
The third game kept on mentioning it over and over to the point of annoyance. Especially during that character arc with Sara.
They keep mentioning it but they barely explain anything about what happened there, with the exception of what happened to Rean. The vagueness of the actual events is what is giving the creators of the anime enough leeway to write what they want, in a way, that lessens the need to be up to date in the entire story and lore to understand the events.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-11, 18:58   Link #77
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I pretty much agree with the above. But it's hard to expect them to not mention anything about soldats or the Crossbell annexation. I think it was fair to just get that out of the way immediately.

That said whether the story will be any good is hard to say from just this episode. It seems there's already some slight internal tension before the empire even sets their sights on the north. Interesting to see where that goes.
Old 2023-01-11, 19:19   Link #78
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
That said whether the story will be any good is hard to say from just this episode. It seems there's already some slight internal tension before the empire even sets their sights on the north. Interesting to see where that goes.
With how disappointing the writing had became since the second game, I am totally expecting some dumb writing like the second game with the war getting played out as childish as possible.
Then the goons from Ouroboros will show up again talking cryptic trash without explaining anything again.
The anime then is going to end with no explanation on Pillar of Salt again when a proper explanation is overdue for a decade.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-12, 01:32   Link #79
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Idk, I've liked the games I've played. There's just a lot of it so I can't beat it all in one go. Whether or not I care about the pillar of salt incident being explained kinda depends on whether or not it's relevant to the plot at hand.
Old 2023-01-13, 14:17   Link #80
Marina2

Ep.2

Lavian's personality might be annoying for some, but I personally like the way she act. The main group dynamic is alright, it should be fun when they all go out to adventure together.

That guys who fought with Lavian hold back his skill for sure.

Tags
action, game adaption