AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-28, 21:34   Link #81
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
^ He hates his father/family, doesn't mean that he hates the monarchy itself. The same with meritocracy. There are plenty of examples of fantasy empires that were fiercely meritocratic. In the first place, the problem with social standing is much more about nobles, freemen, serfs, etc., not really royals. It's not so hard to imagine an idealistic monarchy where an enlightened absolutistic monarch rules over people who are either equal or have a good chance to climb up the social ladder at least (compared to fossilized feudalistic state where you 99.99% end up in the same place as you were born in).
Please respond specifically to the text below.

Quote:
Given how Arnold is trying to implement policies that help commoners right now, that he didn't include improving the nation as being one of the reasons for making Rishe his future wife in Episode 3 suggests that he doesn't believe widespread reform is possible in Galkhein or the world even if he were to become the Emperor of Galkhein, so the blood-stained future that has seen the death of Rishe in every previous loop so far is probably on course to manifest itself again unless Rishe kills Arnold. So Episode 3 might have been hinting at something seismic regarding the direction of the series.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-28, 21:39   Link #82
Rasty

^ It really doesn't say anything. In the previous world he never married, so it might simply be that he doesn't need her (wife) for his plans, or that he currently doesn't have any plans and something is gonna trigger the radical change in the future (resulting in him killing his father, etc). He also might simply like her and not want to implicate her in a country he doesn't think deserves help from her. There are hundreds of possible explanations for that.
Rasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-29, 07:21   Link #83
zztop

7th Loop's author tweeted about some extra character details and settings in the story.
https://twitter.com/ameame_honey/sta...58797184270776

These include :

- The ED sequence with a young Riche and Arnold is a "what if" childhood friendship scenario that doesn't exist in the main story.

- Riche has a habit of tightly gripping her dress when nervous, a tic she herself is unaware of.

- Riche was never much of a cook in the previous loops, nor did she cook much.

- Arnold's political policies heavily differ from his father, and the nobles of the father's faction tend to oppose Arnold.

- Both Riche and Arnold can handle their liquor well.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-29, 10:36   Link #84
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
7th Loop's author tweeted about some extra character details and settings in the story.
https://twitter.com/ameame_honey/sta...58797184270776

These include :

- The ED sequence with a young Riche and Arnold is a "what if" childhood friendship scenario that doesn't exist in the main story.

- Riche has a habit of tightly gripping her dress when nervous, a tic she herself is unaware of.

- Riche was never much of a cook in the previous loops, nor did she cook much.

- Arnold's political policies heavily differ from his father, and the nobles of the father's faction tend to oppose Arnold.

- Both Riche and Arnold can handle their liquor well.
Now I want to see them try to out-drink each other .
Old 2024-01-29, 12:29   Link #85
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
I thought he looked more like Arnold's brother and wondered why he was featured so prominently.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-29, 22:22   Link #86
Thor's Hammer

The author sharing how to interpret the ED does make me believe I might be on to something with regards to there possibly being no good end unless Rishe kills Arnold. If the ED is a fantasy Arnold came up with in his mind, maybe there is nothing Rishe can do to stop the war from happening outside of killing Arnold if his whole outlook on life has been shaped by what happened in his youth before he met Rishe. Rishe may try to create alliances with her past lives' acquaintances, but perhaps that doesn't move the needle in any way since they have no say or influence on whether there will be a war.
Old 2024-01-29, 23:59   Link #87
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
The author sharing how to interpret the ED does make me believe I might be on to something with regards to there possibly being no good end unless Rishe kills Arnold. If the ED is a fantasy Arnold came up with in his mind, maybe there is nothing Rishe can do to stop the war from happening outside of killing Arnold if his whole outlook on life has been shaped by what happened in his youth before he met Rishe. Rishe may try to create alliances with her past lives' acquaintances, but perhaps that doesn't move the needle in any way since they have no say or influence on whether there will be a war.
Alternatively both OP and ED show Arnold losing Rishe so maybe the idea is that the only solution is for her to be with him and not go through another loop.
Old 2024-02-04, 10:50   Link #88
Frontier

Why is Theodore meeting his future sister-in-law in a church under the cover of darkness? Why, to espouse how bad his older brother is, of course! Not that any of it is a surprise to Rishe, she knows first-hand how ruthless and merciless he is from multiple loops (it's why she's not terrified at the prospect of dying yet again)...though the info that he killed his own mother is a new one. That's probably pretty relevant to know for their future relationship and why Arnold is the way he is .

Though did anyone really expect Arnold wouldn't find Rishe and discover this meeting? Though Rishe basically let him know about it, which helped. And Theodore pulls a complete personality 180 when Arnold shows up as if he's terrified of his brother (with good reason). Though is that just an act too? Did Theodore feel both he and Rishe are victims of his brother ?

Who is the real Arnold? The man on the battlefield people see as nothing more than a monster? Or the devoted and caring prince Rishe has gotten to know? She's seen both, but her good read on people makes her believe that there's more Arnold than how he is on the battlefield, and even threatening to kill her doesn't dissuade her, not with her strong conviction to commit to her current life and see it through to the bitter end. Though even she has some mental trauma from all her deaths and living life after life, haunted by nightmares of her death and where she's even really living and not dreaming...something she's never admitted, even to herself, before. But she can't help but open up to Arnold .

And how does Arnold respond to Rishe's emotional honesty? Why, by kissing her, of course! And in a church, no less! The best part is Rishe is still feeling that kiss the next day! And it's probably her first kiss in all 7 Loops !

Nail polish is pretty handy to have available, but it also provides an opportunity for Rishe to get to know Elsie and her circumstances better and understand what she really needs to be doing with her business idea as crown princess .

It's deal time with Kaine and the Aria Trading Company! Rishe wants to not only create a business making the nail polish but also use it to create more jobs in the slums! Kaine isn't an altruist so Rishe is able to convince him with the prospect that they're not just improving the economic status of the poor but also creating future customers, a prospect no merchant could pass up .

But Kaine still thinks like a ruthless businessman and is all ready to use this deal to his advantage...until Rishe pulls out personal information about him that she recalls from their past life of his sick and infirm sister (that his company is named after!). And at least in this Loop she can use her experience as a doctor in another Loop to give him the means of saving her from her illness. Not to play hardball or threaten him into a better deal, but to help Kaine realize why Rishe is doing what she's doing, because people in the slums are probably going through the same thing his sister did. And it's with that revelation that Kaine recognizes his own failure as a merchant and swears to help fullfill Rishe's objective with all his power as a merchant! Deal made !

Dang, Rishe really has been running herself ragged! She's even collapsed! Though that's the perfect opportunity for Theodore to kidnap her...and Elsie was in on it !?
Old 2024-02-04, 11:05   Link #89
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I expect Elsie to switch sides pretty quickly. She and Kamil both had dubious expressions on their faces at the end. Whatever her anger or hatred toward Arnold comes from will be no match against her feelings for Rishe. Elsie has never had anyone care about her like Rishe does; witness the tears during the nail-painting. I'd bet they would both would prefer a future with nail polish factories employing people from the slums to whatever Theodore and company have in mind.

I'm not sure I see what Theodore is up to. Does he want to get rid of Arnold and take the throne himself? Does he want to get revenge for the murder of their mother? Or is there some other, presumably darker, motive, associated with those guys Theodore meets? Perhaps some treasonous activity with a foreign enemy?
Old 2024-02-04, 11:41   Link #90
EroKing

Guess it wouldn't be a Villainess story without the FL getting kidnapped at least once =_=
Old 2024-02-04, 13:31   Link #91
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm not sure I see what Theodore is up to. Does he want to get rid of Arnold and take the throne himself? Does he want to get revenge for the murder of their mother? Or is there some other, presumably darker, motive, associated with those guys Theodore meets? Perhaps some treasonous activity with a foreign enemy?
Honestly I wonder if they have different mothers the way he talked about Arnold killing his mother instead of "our."
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Guess it wouldn't be a Villainess story without the FL getting kidnapped at least once =_=
At least this is one where she can probably save herself. Or you would think .

Be kind of funny if this isn't her first kidnapping though .
Old 2024-02-04, 13:32   Link #92
zeross87

well good thing she just got both elsie and kamil into her pocket with this speach just before needing it. surely this will have impressed both of them enough to have doubt and switch side in the end. and kamil was also one of the knight she helped during the poisoning incident and was her personal guard since then so he must have seen she is a good girl.
the only worrying part is what will arnold think of all this, i hope he dosent just lop his brother's head off in a fit of rage that would end up being the event that start turning him evil.

for the part about arnold killing his mother i wonder if it will end up being like she was the one trying to murder him (those knifes mark on his shoulder) and he was just applying legitime defense to protect himself.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-04, 15:09   Link #93
Thor's Hammer

Arnold saying, "The resolve to be my wife? There's no need for that." probably indicates Arnold's genuine intention to treat Rishe well. Rishe doesn't seem to understand that though.
Old 2024-02-04, 16:35   Link #94
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
for the part about arnold killing his mother i wonder if it will end up being like she was the one trying to murder him (those knifes mark on his shoulder) and he was just applying legitime defense to protect himself.
There is also the possibility of it being a case of, Arnold's Mother died while giving birth to him. So, he is considered as the murder of his own Mother.
Not an uncommon troupe, be it Anime or Soap Drama.

As for the scar on his shoulder, i have a feeling that it was done by the Younger Brother Theodor, considering the Yandere type of feeling he gives out.

Maybe he is extremely possessive of his brother, to the point he can't withstand seeing any Women get close to him, which ended up resulting in Arnold getting hurt (though mentally Theodor probably considers it a mark of love or something).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-04, 18:54   Link #95
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That Rishe can cure hang-overs isn't exactly solid proof she can also cure a condition that has no known cure. The Chief jumped on that a bit too fast, I thought he was supposed to be smart. That said, I'm glad he was humbled, because he acted like a total dick.

Seriously doubt Elsie is a traitor. Rishe feeling light headed also came out of the blue, it didn't seem like she was overworking herself or anything. She's also proven in this very episode she isn't reckless and plans ahead, she pretty much manipulated Arnold into coming for her at the Church. This is probably going just as planned.
Old 2024-02-04, 19:05   Link #96
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That Rishe can cure hang-overs isn't exactly solid proof she can also cure a condition that has no known cure. The Chief jumped on that a bit too fast, I thought he was supposed to be smart. That said, I'm glad he was humbled, because he acted like a total dick.
His main sticking point was, that she had nothing to do with medicine. Since she has proven she is capable of concocting medicines (that he likely doesn't even know exist) makes it moot. Also don't forget that he wants to believe there is a way to save his sister. He asked a lot of doctors and nobody could help him, it's only natural that he wants to believe there is a way.

As an additional point, as a high noble her words weight a lot, so as long as she makes sense there is little reason to doubt her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Seriously doubt Elsie is a traitor. Rishe feeling light headed also came out of the blue, it didn't seem like she was overworking herself or anything. She's also proven in this very episode she isn't reckless and plans ahead, she pretty much manipulated Arnold into coming for her at the Church. This is probably going just as planned.
It was mentioned she hadn't slept for several nights. She was presumably working on the nail polish and details of her plan, so it's not so much unexpected. Though whether Elsie really betrayed her is doubtful and it's almost sure she will help her later whichever the case it is.
Rasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-04, 20:26   Link #97
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
His main sticking point was, that she had nothing to do with medicine. Since she has proven she is capable of concocting medicines (that he likely doesn't even know exist) makes it moot. Also don't forget that he wants to believe there is a way to save his sister. He asked a lot of doctors and nobody could help him, it's only natural that he wants to believe there is a way.

As an additional point, as a high noble her words weight a lot, so as long as she makes sense there is little reason to doubt her.
This does make me wonder if in Rishe's herbalist loop she tried to get in touch with him again after she figured out the cure for his sisters' condition.
Quote:
It was mentioned she hadn't slept for several nights. She was presumably working on the nail polish and details of her plan, so it's not so much unexpected. Though whether Elsie really betrayed her is doubtful and it's almost sure she will help her later whichever the case it is.
Ironically Elsie was also the one who noticed her condition.
Old 2024-02-04, 22:02   Link #98
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Ironically Elsie was also the one who noticed her condition.
That plays a number of ways. It could get Elsie off the hook as not being responsible for Rishe being knocked out. Elsie's concern about Rishe's condition seemed genuine to me.

But maybe Elsie reported Rishe's exhaustion to Theodore who saw it as a way to create the circumstances for Rishe's abduction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
It recurs in other shoujo romance settings. The heroines in both Saiunkoku Monogatari and Akagami no Shirayuki-hime are kidnapped early in their stories and rescued by the male love interest. Neither Shurrei nor Shirayuki, both strong-minded and competent young women, fit the damsel-in-distress cliche. I've come to wonder whether it is a requirement of the shoujo romance genre imposed by publishers and editors. In both stories, once the kidnapping is resolved, the heroines go back to being their strong-willed selves.

The kidnapping in The Apothecary Diaries amusingly riffs on this cliche.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2024-02-04 at 22:14.
Old 2024-02-04, 22:08   Link #99
Strahan

How could Elsie not be complicit? She and Kamil were there with Theodore, obviously they were the ones to spirit her out. It may be that the prince holds something over their heads to force their cooperation, but either way she better hope Rishe is forgiving because Arnold doesn't strike me as the merciful type if someone abducts his fiance. I doubt he'll care about their circumstances.

Given the time spent on Rishe/Elsie bonding this episode, I'm 99.999% sure that whatever happens, Elsie will end up on Rishe's side. That whole earlier bit was like "Chekov's convo" lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-05, 00:39   Link #100
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
How could Elsie not be complicit? She and Kamil were there with Theodore, obviously they were the ones to spirit her out. It may be that the prince holds something over their heads to force their cooperation, but either way she better hope Rishe is forgiving because Arnold doesn't strike me as the merciful type if someone abducts his fiance. I doubt he'll care about their circumstances.

Given the time spent on Rishe/Elsie bonding this episode, I'm 99.999% sure that whatever happens, Elsie will end up on Rishe's side. That whole earlier bit was like "Chekov's convo" lol
I assume she and Kamil both hail from the slums and Theodore used that to get them to help him, but now Elsie is likely having second thoughts when she realizes Rishe is genuine about wanting to help the people in the slums like her family.