AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-02-04, 19:39   Link #101
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Wow, cutting out two books? I wonder what we're missing .
Iirc we are missing out on

Spoiler for Minor spoiler Vols 6-7:

Whether the skipped content might get revisited in a later S3, I cannot say.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-04, 20:37   Link #102
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Good for Danan that he got to really have some good workouts before he sets out on his journey. Some people just aren't suited for that kind of "retire into the countryside" style and he's one of them. Even though he's got a more legitimate reason to retire than Red does (losing his arm) he's still going to follow that path.

A good reminder that Red really is better than he gives himself credit for. He did lose in the end and part of his advantage was knowing Danan well enough to predict his tactics. But he's definitely capable. If his heart was in it then he could easily keep traveling. But it's just not.

Love how Ruti just obliterates Danan in one move . She really is absolutely broken. And I don't even think Van is anywhere near her level yet. But he is also extremely...faithful and that can be scary when taken to extremes.

At least the main cast know what is coming. Obviously they don't know all the details since it isn't like Albert has met Van. But they do know that trouble is on the horizon. Keeping Ruti out of sight will be the main plan but...if Van makes a move that may not be an option.

Actually the fact that they brought up Red's blessing makes me worried. What if Van decides that Red has an obligation to travel with him and support him using his Guide blessing? He may decide that Red's desire to live his slow life is offensive and may try to kill him because he's letting his blessing go to waste and as "exp" for Van he'll at least be useful.
Old 2024-02-04, 21:58   Link #103
Random14

I like Danan so while it would be nice for the overall new hero Van plot to really get moving, its not so bad seeing more Danan either.

Originally the Van plot didn't even start until vol 8 (and season 1 ended at vol 4) whereas this season has set it up as the main arc (although a new Hero is a big deal) so that hurts the pacing, but Albert's delivered his warning now so Van probably won't be far behind. Esta's been trying to rein him in but she's really got her work cut out for her. At least once she reaches Zoltan she can be around more sane people.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-05, 01:36   Link #104
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Good for Danan that he got to really have some good workouts before he sets out on his journey. Some people just aren't suited for that kind of "retire into the countryside" style and he's one of them. Even though he's got a more legitimate reason to retire than Red does (losing his arm) he's still going to follow that path.

A good reminder that Red really is better than he gives himself credit for. He did lose in the end and part of his advantage was knowing Danan well enough to predict his tactics. But he's definitely capable. If his heart was in it then he could easily keep traveling. But it's just not.

Love how Ruti just obliterates Danan in one move . She really is absolutely broken. And I don't even think Van is anywhere near her level yet. But he is also extremely...faithful and that can be scary when taken to extremes.

At least the main cast know what is coming. Obviously they don't know all the details since it isn't like Albert has met Van. But they do know that trouble is on the horizon. Keeping Ruti out of sight will be the main plan but...if Van makes a move that may not be an option.

Actually the fact that they brought up Red's blessing makes me worried. What if Van decides that Red has an obligation to travel with him and support him using his Guide blessing? He may decide that Red's desire to live his slow life is offensive and may try to kill him because he's letting his blessing go to waste and as "exp" for Van he'll at least be useful.
That seems to be the main gist of what is going to happen. Van is super-duper insanely faithful to the whole "my blessing justifies my actions" business, to the point where he pretty obviously will be highly offended at all the powerful people ignoring theirs to life a slow life. And since he doesn't mind killing people to advance his powers, well, I hope he gets subdued before he goes ham on people outside the group of powerful people.

Of course all this would probably be immediately solved by Ruti just smacking him upside the head like one of those earthworm things, but they probably will try to hide her (in vain) at the start of it all.
Old 2024-02-11, 11:29   Link #105
Frontier

Nice to see the group together and discussing Van and their plan of action...if there really was another Hero, why did the Church only act on him now? Is he really a Hero? At least Van heading to Zoltan gives Danan an excuse to stick around...honestly feels like he just wants an excuse to fight Van !

Red's barely been doing his job as it is this season, what's another vacation with him, Rit, and Ruti? The rest of the gang can hold down the fort in their stead !

A lumberjack hero who rebuilt a village overnight? That's as impressive as his pecks !

Red may be on vacation, but when he and his girls stumble onto a woman who has been poisoned, he finally puts his apothecary skills to work this season and helps save her! Good effort from everybody here, and it gets the gratitude of the entire town .

Thank you geothermal region for giving us an excuse for Rit to wear a bikini for dinner and Ruti to pull off the boyfriend shirt look! Also that shot of Rit's boobs jiggling when she leans back !

Mr. Crawly Wawly can do it all! Deliver messages AND play board games !

Red is so cherished by the women in his life .

Danan and Albert are now bro's now. Also, Danan can actually make tasty food, I'm as shocked as Albert .

Welp, Van finally made it to Zoltan. Though Ljubo puking after the boat ride was hilarious. And of course Theodora compares to him Ares which explains so, so much and isn't quite meant as a compliment !

Maid Tisse! Though less cute is Van being so done with human interaction and yelling at one of the other maids for just serving him food. Chill dude! Though I guess it's not surprising, he's so caught up in the Almighty Demis and his mission that he's written off human relationships and only sees people as merely fodder for his heroic quest. I think Theodora just realized just how out of her depth she is with Van .

Uh oh! That fairy made Tisse! Good thing she only cares about Van so she didn't mention it to anyone .

That Salt Dragon wasn't doing anything, but Van had to kill it to level up. If the Almighty Demis or the scriptures deem it "evil," that's enough for him. Though he's probably even more dangerous with that Fairy King shield. Also I guess Ljubo is pretty powerful himself .
Old 2024-02-11, 18:16   Link #106
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I feel like this series is kinda losing me with the whole Van storyline wherever it ends up going. I'll probably see it to the end but I dunno.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-11, 22:24   Link #107
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Makes sense with Van having the classic DQ hero vibes that he's getting a legendary shield to go along with a solid looking sword. Certainly the show wants to leer at the classic hero a bit there in that sense. Looking down on level grinding and taking on optional bosses .

It's been clear for a while, but he's definitely got a different variant than Ruti's hero blessing. Even if it's similar in benefit. It's way more extreme on the holy warrior angle. A dangerous extremist that only sees people as collections of blessings and pieces on a gameboard being moved by the divine. Theodora is definitely paying for her mistakes of the past by having to deal with this lunatic.

I salute Ruti and Rit for their dedication to fanserivce! No beach episode but they make it work regardless. Solid move on Ruti's side as well. Hard to compete with the dynamite body of Rit in a bikini, so better to go for a different niche!

Scariest moment from that fairy since she appeared. Good thing Tisse is good at bailing out. Even though she was noticed it doesn't matter as much since there's no way the fairy knows who she is or would be motivated enough to try and follow her once she retreated.

Admittedly I didn't think Red and company would straight up leave town, but that was the best strategy.
Old 2024-02-17, 06:04   Link #108
Lex79

I wonder if this going to end with the new hero being redeemed and fully taking Ruti's place, or they'll have to kill him and maybe realize they are the only one fit for the job.
Old 2024-02-18, 11:35   Link #109
Frontier

Red, Rit, and Ruti are still enjoying their vacation and hoping things blow over in Zoltan, and are really taking their time and living the slow life !

Once again I feel like a world where kids get to wield real spears because they need to practice their Blessing is pretty messed up...but Red and Rit training them was rather sweet .

An Ogre King prowling around a village? Looks like our trio aren't done hunting monsters quite yet! Though I love how Rit takes the time walking while searching for the Ogre King to mention to Red how she's looking forward to their future kids together .

Well, it's understandable that Tisse would have valid concerns about giving Van the airship when there are so many red flags surrounding him, even if it would be the easiest solution...though judging by the way the plants are reacting, there might be some danger surrounding Lavender too .

I love how it took Ruti chipping in for the villagers to feel confident in their safety. Sorry Red .

I really thought we were going to see Van lob off that little kids' head, but it turns out he's sweet on kids...at least in as far as he only sees value in them because they haven't unlocked their Blessing yet, which is all they're worth in the eyes of Almighty Demis. And now Van seems determined to stay around Zoltan to make sure people understand the true meaning of their Blessings. Uh oh .

Okay, so something's up. Red and Rit make short work of all the Ogre Kings, but they have multiple Blessings they shouldn't have, and it seems connected to the ancient elf ruins they found in season 1. Is it more experiments for passing on Blessings ?

Rit and Ruti bathing together isn't just an excuse to see both girls naked again (though there is that) but to also let Red take a break and for the two girls to really bond and open up as sisters...especially because Ruti is grateful that Rit makes Red happy and is overjoyed over their engagement. Because what makes Red happy makes Ruti happy! And Rit truly embraces Ruti as her sister-in-law !

Tisse has joined up with Van's party to keep a better eye on him and guide him...and she's managed to create a perfect cover story with her love of Hot Springs! Though I feel like she might get caught and in doing so give Ruti ample motivation to confront Van herself .
Old 2024-02-18, 13:52   Link #110
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I was really starting to think we would go a whole week without a bath scene but they finally came through in the end. Van is not getting off easy if he messes with Tisse either.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-18, 19:39   Link #111
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I love how anime has this habit of making the obvious even more obvious by cutting straight from ominous comments right to their source.

The fairy was already sus before that cut pretty much confirmed it. Her constant complain about humans, and also her color scheme just add to that. Not too say how she is a yes-man for the "hero" no matter what BS he pulls.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-19, 01:31   Link #112
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I love how anime has this habit of making the obvious even more obvious by cutting straight from ominous comments right to their source.

The fairy was already sus before that cut pretty much confirmed it. Her constant complain about humans, and also her color scheme just add to that. Not too say how she is a yes-man for the "hero" no matter what BS he pulls.
She at least serves as a reinforcing factor for Van in his misanthropic behaviour.
Old 2024-02-20, 07:58   Link #113
Random14

I loved Tisse's cover story about her spying, of course it was probablh mostly true given her enthusiasm, so much so that even Lavender was caught up in it.

Nice to see that Ruti does fully support Red and Rit's relationship, though if Tisse was there she would probably still be worried about Ruti's plans.

Mr. Crawly Wawly is still awesome of course.

At least Van didn't do anything to those kids, but otherwise, everyone's just waiting to see him blow up eventually.

Last edited by Random14; 2024-02-20 at 08:30.
Old 2024-02-20, 13:10   Link #114
Lex79

I was really expecting the hero to kill all the kids.
Rit had and heartwarming bonding moment with Ruti but still doesn't know how she really feels for her oniichan...
Old 2024-02-20, 21:58   Link #115
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I was really expecting the hero to kill all the kids.
Rit had and heartwarming bonding moment with Ruti but still doesn't know how she really feels for her oniichan...
Same. I was kind of holding my breath and waiting for the moment when he suddenly murders them in a split second.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-21, 08:42   Link #116
BCMan5388

My gut tells me that Van is not the real threat.
BCMan5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-22, 00:59   Link #117
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Same. I was kind of holding my breath and waiting for the moment when he suddenly murders them in a split second.
I share that feeling. Had a "don't tell him you aren't going to be a slave to your blessing!" While watching him with them. Though at least his rationale made sense for him. Kids deserves guidance and sympathy. They don't yet know their role in life and can't afford to be harmed until they know what that path is!

I know he's probably not the only thing to be worried about. But the guy is definitely a concern with how he's all about absolutes.
Old 2024-02-22, 03:06   Link #118
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMan5388 View Post
My gut tells me that Van is not the real threat.
My money is on the fairy...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-22, 10:42   Link #119
BCMan5388

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
My money is on the fairy...
Mine is on Ljubo. In fact, I sense he's far worse naturally than Ares was as a result of his blessing.
BCMan5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-25, 11:30   Link #120
Random14

Yeah, go Ruti! Take that Van! He really had it coming.

Aside from that one punch, its also interesting to see more of the contrast between the two Heroes. Poor Esta's trying but her situation is just way worse than with her old party (before the problem was mainly Ares, now its everyone else). Ruti was restrained by her blessing but still tried to follow her brother's example as much as she could. Van's so extreme and uncaring for mere human society even that shady cardinal is a bit put off by it (although he's then fine with "collateral" damage).

Would have been nice if they could have just taken Van out here and now, but they're not against him fighting the demon lord, its Van viewing everyone as either only walking experience or support for him that's the problem. Well, they'll think of something, and if not, Ruti can just send him flying again.

Tags
hero party