AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-06-22, 10:32   Link #5001
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
It's about time we get a picture of Amy
*props* to all the reinforce pictures especially the 3rd one
Grats on 5K get
An Hero in Disguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 10:58   Link #5002
Icarus
shmupmonkey

Exceed Mode!

Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 11:08   Link #5003
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
5k Reply.

I'm quite surprised that Amy has long hair now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Grats on 5K get
Well it's been a really long time since i've seen seen an Amy picture, or maybe maybe I haven't seen one yet since I just joined last month. And so it's a great find for me
*saves* in my nanoha folder
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 12:09   Link #5004
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
5k Reply.
No, it's actually more interesting.
The Haruhi image thread is another 3 posts away from 5k.

Oh her royal melodramatic one will not be pleased.
Kha, quickly put on your tin foil hat!!!

~ Icarus

That looks so nice, but it looks like the Nanoha part was cut out from something. Do you have the original?

----
+1

Last edited by felix; 2007-06-22 at 12:23.
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 12:31   Link #5005
Icarus
shmupmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
~ Icarus

That looks so nice, but it looks like the Nanoha part was cut out from something. Do you have the original?
That is the original. It's a transparent GIF, meant for black backgrounds, taken directly off the artist's frontpage.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 17:19   Link #5006
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Old 2007-06-22, 17:44   Link #5007
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Angel View Post
The fact that Nanoha is behind Arisa gives me a weird feeling
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 17:56   Link #5008
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post

~ Icarus

He had a few more versions at the gallery section of his site: http://kodama3.cool.ne.jp/

Old 2007-06-22, 18:40   Link #5009
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Anyone got any more art of Suzuka?

Plus here's a link to computer-animated versions to everyone's weapons.

http://one.art.coocan.jp/

Last edited by Shadow Angel; 2007-06-22 at 19:17.
Shadow Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 20:04   Link #5010
darkalpha

Well, I finally got around to making an archive of some of this thread, the pages 225-250, which comes to total of 552 files (few are SWF files, and a PSD file is included) at about 150MB. Predictably enough, there were duplicates, about 20 of them. (I forgot to remove them before rar'ing the archive ^^; when I get around to making several archives in future, I'll make wider dup check and remove the extras.) Some dups were identical with renamed filenames, while rest had varying image quality.

I've posted the rar file to MegaUpload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B334D7O1

They are organized into two directories: NORM and NSFW, for obivious reasons. Images are further organized into character directories. The 'group' folder are for ANY images that include at least two or more different characters.

-----

Okay, with (only) 25 pages archived, it's definitely a time-consuming effort, as it took me several hours, at which Opera ate up to 200MB of RAM at several occasions. ^_^;;

It'd take me forever to archive the entire thread and weed out duplicates on my own. It would be more practical if several people colloborated on the archiving project. So I have an idea on how to make this practical, in light of the staggering backlog of 225+ pages: break up the archive effort into smaller units of pages per person. For example, 8 people doing 25 pages each would do the same amount of pages that 4 people would have done at 50 pages, but with less time-consuming effort. 10 people means 20 pages each, or 20 people gets only 10 pages each, and so on. With fewer pages allocated per person, more people may be willing to participate in the archival effort.

25 pages is a tiny drop in the flow of this massive thread, but it's just the beginning.
darkalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 20:33   Link #5011
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkalpha View Post
Well, I finally got around to making an archive of some of this thread, the pages 225-250, which comes to total of 552 files (few are SWF files, and a PSD file is included) at about 150MB. Predictably enough, there were duplicates, about 20 of them. (I forgot to remove them before rar'ing the archive ^^; when I get around to making several archives in future, I'll make wider dup check and remove the extras.) Some dups were identical with renamed filenames, while rest had varying image quality.

They are organized into two directories: NORM and NSFW, for obivious reasons. Images are further organized into character directories. The 'group' folder are for ANY images that include at least two or more different characters.

-----

Okay, with (only) 25 pages archived, it's definitely a time-consuming effort, as it took me several hours, at which Opera ate up to 200MB of RAM at several occasions. ^_^;;

It'd take me forever to archive the entire thread and weed out duplicates on my own. It would be more practical if several people colloborated on the archiving project. So I have an idea on how to make this practical, in light of the staggering backlog of 225+ pages: break up the archive effort into smaller units of pages per person. For example, 8 people doing 25 pages each would do the same amount of pages that 4 people would have done at 50 pages, but with less time-consuming effort. 10 people means 20 pages each, or 20 people gets only 10 pages each, and so on. With fewer pages allocated per person, more people may be willing to participate in the archival effort.

25 pages is a tiny drop in the flow of this massive thread, but it's just the beginning.
Ill help you man i will start from page 1(it will take a really really long time). Except i will not have any section cuz that would take forever

Also the link doesnt work
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 22:07   Link #5012
darkalpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
Ill help you man i will start from page 1(it will take a really really long time). Except i will not have any section cuz that would take forever

Then you can leave the sectioning to me. Just point me to the link, and I can download and sort the images out, and reupload the ordered version. After dealing with STILL unsorted 100,000-plus images that I keep on sorting and re-sorting, you could say that I'm good at it; just not good at KEEPING them sorted.

As for the link, funny, it was working when I tested it after uploading. "The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable." Huh. It may be down for a while (as free online file hosting services tend to go down now and then for couple of hours - we get what we paid for ).
darkalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 22:50   Link #5013
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
People still remember Jinki: Extend.
Old 2007-06-22, 23:18   Link #5014
herbert

Old 2007-06-23, 00:05   Link #5015
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Last edited by Shadow Angel; 2007-06-23 at 02:12.
Shadow Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 04:23   Link #5016
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
rein!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 04:28   Link #5017
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Old 2007-06-23, 04:35   Link #5018
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post

Quote:
Then you can leave the sectioning to me. Just point me to the link, and I can download and sort the images out, and reupload the ordered version. After dealing with STILL unsorted 100,000-plus images that I keep on sorting and re-sorting, you could say that I'm good at it; just not good at KEEPING them sorted.

As for the link, funny, it was working when I tested it after uploading. "The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable." Huh. It may be down for a while (as free online file hosting services tend to go down now and then for couple of hours - we get what we paid for ).
Oh gwad ~ can't you people ask.
I'll slowly upload the hole 807 MB, almost 4k files in this thread.

What file-host do you want me to use?!
I know some people have problems with some of them.
Old 2007-06-23, 04:43   Link #5019
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

-----

Talk about dedication 150mb worth of pictures, and for only a small part of the pics in this thread

Anyways, I like the idea of splitting the job into 25 pages each, although for those participating they'll have to know which pages they'll be working on, to prevent confusion, and also coordination to weed out any duplicates. Might take a shot at it if I can allocate some time, although probably won't be at it all too much.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 05:07   Link #5020
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It takes 2 days or so if you were to do it alone. It's a lot of 2-Ctrl, Ctrl-Alt-Shift-W and Ctrl-Shift's click clicks.

Going 25 pick you will pick up a lot of duplicates, and also some 25 pages are really full of spam while others are a nightmare of images. But like I said...
I HAVE THEM ALL ALREADY. They are already organised, but I can go in and order them some more and also ordering them by size as well with other tricks remove all the little duplicates that slipped through. Just tell me where to upload them to.

I guess I'm invisible.

Tags
images, nanoha, nsfw