Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-01, 20:15   Link #8501
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Ah right, next to Shiori.
Color me quite surprised that even Hermann is on the cover, yet Arika isn't. So that pretty much implies big time she died, or her whereabouts are still unknown, even to Nagi.
At least she is on the back cover of that volume XD
Old 2012-06-05, 13:03   Link #8502
ZeroForever

to many characters.... @.@; i recognize them all but honestly I probably couldn't even name half of them.

Chaosprophet -
hmm pic of the back cover?
Old 2012-06-05, 15:49   Link #8503
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
Chaosprophet -
hmm pic of the back cover?
Every japanese negima volume has a different negima character colored on the back cover.
The one for vol 38 is Arika.
Old 2012-06-06, 12:23   Link #8504
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Kinda baffling they don't have Chigusa there, since she was the first true Big Bad of the manga (Evangeline doesn't count to me since she wasn't truly 'evil' in the full sense of the term). If Herrmann made it there, she should have too.
Old 2012-06-06, 16:12   Link #8505
Lisemer

Maybe she died...
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 21:28   Link #8506
Cachalo

Maybe Akamatsu was a bit ashamed of her, without others around like Fate and Giant Demon she's Scooby Doo villain material even compared to vanilla Eva.

I waited all the manga for Herrmann's self declared eventual return, sequel please.
Cachalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 11:32   Link #8507
Heavy Arms

Speaking of Chigusa. Is anyone else disapointed she didn't return to teach Konoka eastern magic?

Becuase I get the feeling if she where around Negi-tachi long enough she'd develop a grudgeing respect for western magic.
Heavy Arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 12:10   Link #8508
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Arms View Post
Speaking of Chigusa. Is anyone else disapointed she didn't return to teach Konoka eastern magic?

Becuase I get the feeling if she where around Negi-tachi long enough she'd develop a grudgeing respect for western magic.
"Old woman" haremette? (Eva doesn't fully fit the type since she's a Loli).
Old 2012-06-07, 12:20   Link #8509
Heavy Arms

Wink

Not really what I meant but why not.

He's got every other type in it, may as well catch'em all.
Heavy Arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 23:38   Link #8510
Dargor
Welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Kinda baffling they don't have Chigusa there, since she was the first true Big Bad of the manga (Evangeline doesn't count to me since she wasn't truly 'evil' in the full sense of the term). If Herrmann made it there, she should have too.
First big bad? That's debatable. Chigusa was certainly the first (Real) villainous character to splash down, but her spotlight was short lived the moment Fate ran in and petrified everyone and their mother in the manor. Chig's ending was basically 'blasting off at the speed of light' Team Rocket style when the big insane-o' demon was blown to itty bitty pieces. The first real Big Bad to make scene AND be pose a significant threat was Chao. (I don't include Fate due to his entire nature being shrouded in a cloth about this big at the time, who disappeared from the story before shanking Negi with a pointy rock. Even then he wound up becoming a mere rival.)

So how did Herrmann get in and not her? Who knows, maybe he left more of a impression then she did. There was hope that he would make another appearance.
Dargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 14:09   Link #8511
Saito123

So I just finished the Manga, so was the person Nehi liked Yue? she did call him master, so that means hes his Partner,right?
Saito123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 15:41   Link #8512
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saito123 View Post
So I just finished the Manga, so was the person Nehi liked Yue? she did call him master, so that means hes his Partner,right?
It's not Yue. In fact, the student that Negi liked is never revealed at all (although the last three chapters suggest that it's neither of Negi's first five Ministra Magi).
Old 2012-07-08, 18:14   Link #8513
Corrugo

Send a message via Yahoo to Corrugo
Since this topic hasn't had a response in almost a month, I assume there's no news about a sequel or a continuation?
Corrugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 03:55   Link #8514
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

*suddenly wishing for a Mahou Sensei Negima: Extended Cut Edition*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 04:10   Link #8515
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

this series was such a let down........

i wish the mangaka just does a love hina s2
Old 2012-10-02, 00:32   Link #8516
Hata
時の異邦人

Ken creates a new BBS system GANMO for mangaka who are looking to hire assistants and for manga assistants looking for work. the trick is you do not have to sign up, your twitter account is your login name.
http://ganmo.j-comi.jp

Ken did a couple of posts to test the system. one has Ken looking for background assistants for a title "Love Hina 40". the other is a cooperation with Kōji Kumeta for a title that including thousands of bishoujo.
http://kenakamatsu.tumblr.com/post/32667823645/ganmo

Ken continue to upgrade J-Comi, "J-Comi FANding" now selling digital e-manga bundle with author signature, previous unreleased works, etc.
http://ajw.asahi.com/article/cool_ja...AJ201210020072

==========
via twitter. Ken disclosed that he is meeting SHONEN MAGAZINE editors to discuss his next work.
https://twitter.com/KenAkamatsu/stat...77885742530560

Last edited by Hata; 2012-10-02 at 12:15. Reason: adding info
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 15:56   Link #8517
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

So, any guesses on what Ken Akamatsu's next title will be?

Personally, I doubt it will be a continuation/restart of Negima, as it may be too soon (not to mention the the whole ordeal that resulted in Negima's abrupt ending possibly not being resolved yet).
Old 2012-10-02, 16:21   Link #8518
AstroNerdBoy

One of the things I like about Akamatsu-sensei is how he's looking to the future to help the manga business, or rather more specifically, to help manga-ka and those wanting to be involved in manga. Basically, he's all about breaking out of the restrictive, old, Japanese business model to move into new pastures that allow manga to thrive.

Still, I am surprised he's in talks with the editors at Shounen Magazine though. I figured for sure his next manga project would be via J-Comi, but he could be arranging a deal whereby Shounen Magazine publishes the manga in their magazine and produces a tankoubon version, but Akamatsu-sensei remains in control of his work.

Thanks Hata for the info! ^_^

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 17:19   Link #8519
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
via twitter. Ken disclosed that he is meeting SHONEN MAGAZINE editors to discuss his next work.
https://twitter.com/KenAkamatsu/stat...77885742530560
Hata, did you got from another source the info that it's shounen magazine? from the tweet I only saw he will be meeting a magazine editorial department, but saw no mention of an specific magazine.
Old 2012-10-02, 20:09   Link #8520
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Hata, did you got from another source the info that it's shounen magazine? from the tweet I only saw he will be meeting a magazine editorial department, but saw no mention of an specific magazine.
? I assume it is SM because of Ken's prior history and because he used "マガジン編集部" (Ma-Ga-Jin editor department) instead of "雑誌" (Zasshi, general Japanese magazine term in kanji) or just in talk with editors, if he wish not to disclose the opposite side.

Tags
action, fantasy