AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 48 51.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 29.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 13.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.08%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-12-15, 18:58   Link #81
passenger

suzaku gettin geass? meeeh i will drop the series at that very moment if it turns out to be that way.
passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 19:20   Link #82
OMG_Zerg_Rush

I wonder if that "contract" scene with Suzaku in the preview is instead of C.C doing somthing to him, has somthing to do with the "thing" Suzaku gets told in ep 2 just before getting into the Lance (around the 14:08 mark of the ep) kind of like a side effect of piloting the Frame to much?
________
Extreme Q Vaporizer

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 14:46.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 21:37   Link #83
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
Some awesome artwork this episode. I'm really excited to see some high-budgeted sequences with the Crimson Lotus m. II.

Re: Suzaku: If the airing list is any indicator, it looks like Suzaku will get a Geass of his own. I'm guessing it does something different from Lelouch's, as has been suggested in this thread, but I have no idea what.
But the airing list ISN'T any indicator. The only source was a Japanese wikipedia, and we all know how unreliable that is. Just because it is in Japanese doesn't make it real.

There is at least three more weeks before the major anime magazines release the REAL airing list for ep 13 and later, so those who are jumping around getting angry about a rumor should just calm down. Back in the Gundam forum we get fake airing lists and even entire fake summaries in Japanese almost once every two days, and this looks to be one of those AGAIN.
Old 2006-12-15, 22:14   Link #84
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Seems like the preview is getting more attention than some of the aspects of the episode itself. It certainly provides good hay for gossip and discussion, negative or not. So it can go either way:

IF
Suzaku gets Geass: Why does he get it? This might actually help us understand C.C goals more IF it does happen.

IF
It's a hoax: What does the background indicate about what might happen to Suzaku? It certainly sems like a similar situation in which Lelouch signed his contract with C.C, but could it mean something else entirely?
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 23:06   Link #85
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Just watched the ep. What kinda weapon does Karen's Red Lotus II have? It looks like a steam powered weapon? Anyways, great ep, it'll be interesting to see if Lelouche can out smart Cornelia this round.
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 01:59   Link #86
Cal-Reflector

An exciting episode. I shall observe on things not mentioned yet.

1)Note on how amateur the Black Knights are; in commitment, training, and skill as a whole they are inadequate. They're having fun, high on small victories, and have shaky confidence and zero loyalty to their Faction Leader. However, in Gundam fashion, the general quality of a faction's troops do not matter; as long as you have one Ace, you'll own the universe. In this universe, that Ace is Suzaku.

2)C.C. is implying with her mysterious talk on the snow's color that Leulouch still has something of an attachment to his past, further, that he might seek to return to his roots. She seems fairly sure of this assessment of Leulouch, though it doesn't seem to upset her too much... possible that this is a motivation why she may aid Suzaku in the next episode.

3)Leulouch has too much confidence in his ability to bluff his Black Knights into bidding his will. His only victor came against Clovis, who is an imbecile of a commander compared to every faction Leulouch will come up against from now on. In liu of loyalty and commitment, he must inspire fear and confidence; thus at his first setback/defeat, most of his Black Knights will abandon him.

4)The landslide attack was Leulouch's masterstroke this episode, akin to his ground-collapse attack in episode 2. Very effective strategy that decimated great enemy formations for no losses.

5)On the much hyped Guren2: From what I've seen of the secret weapon so far, its not that great. IE, it takes a while to fry a Knightmare frame, whereas a thrust from a Lance used by Cornelia's troops will instant-kill. Enemy pilots have plenty of time to eject, or auto eject. Kallen must find a way to use her new weapon more efficiently to go up against the many other aces in the show.

6)Confirmed that Nina is in love with Euphemia; this ought to be significant later on in the show, because the producers don't seem to want to forget about it. Confirmed that the Ashford's have lost their former prestige, probably due to the assassination of Leulouch's mother years ago.

7)Millay has nice legs.

That's all, excellent episode that had me shaking with excitement the whole way.
Old 2006-12-16, 03:17   Link #87
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

It depends. There are several black knights who will follow Zero, such as the original leader and karen, mostly because they think they need him if they are to have any chance in liberating japan. But I think this battle will be the turning point for Zero and the black knights. Most likely this will affirm their belief in him plus the JLF will probably merge with them after this, meaning they will have somewhat disciplined soldiers as well as a much larger army size.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 04:05   Link #88
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
It depends. There are several black knights who will follow Zero, such as the original leader and karen, mostly because they think they need him if they are to have any chance in liberating japan. But I think this battle will be the turning point for Zero and the black knights. Most likely this will affirm their belief in him plus the JLF will probably merge with them after this, meaning they will have somewhat disciplined soldiers as well as a much larger army size.
Well... as many others mentioned, with the structure and tradition of the JLF already in place, and the fact that up until this point they were the "big dogs" in terms of anti-Britannia activity (See how all the Black Knights, including Kallen and Yougo were so excited to be recognized by the JLF as legit), it seems difficult that Leulouch could compel them to fall under his ranks. If anything, the JLF might have expected LL's gang to fall under their leadership.

I think an alliance between them is possible; 50-50? Alot of the senior leadership is still questionable to Zero's motives.

Ranking the various faction's strength (other's will agree or disagree with me):

Leulouch and his Black Knights: Leulouch's brain power, Leulouch's Geass power, Kallen and her Guren II is his only trump card on the field though. CC has not directly involved herself in Leulouch's project, except to save him once.

JLF: Superior to BK in man power, logistics, training, equipment, general quality of troops, and number of Aces.

Brittania: Superior to both in man power, equipment, and general quality of troops. Command ability primarily demonstrated by Cornelia and her fellow Generals so far. Aces in Valet, Jeremiah (not dead yet), Cornelia, Cornelia's two subordiantes, and of course Suzaku who ultimately belong under this faction.

Suzaku of course, has enough strength to constitute a whole faction by himself.

Of all these aspects, the most important measure of strength is still the Ace and his machine; Leulouch's brain may threaten Cornelia, but Suzaku in his Lancelot prevails against both numbers and strategy. Hence, until someone does something about Suzaku, Brittania will keep the upper hand.
Old 2006-12-16, 05:50   Link #89
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Hey Cal-Reflector come to spoiler thread.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 06:15   Link #90
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Could be an alliance, could be a merger. They'll definitely be working together after this, but I was thinking that if the JLF wanted the better PR that the Black knights had as well as better social image, they might choose to do a merger which resulted in them taking the name but the leaders sharing decisions 50/50. at least until lelouch geasses them

Old 2006-12-16, 06:44   Link #91
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
Suzaku of course, has enough strength to constitute a whole faction by himself.
LOL! soo true

well imo even if the JLF is reluctant to become partners with lulu it is a fact that he saved their asses and if they are people with any honor would agree to form a partnership...in that case in the future lulu will display more of his brain power which will secure more supporters to him in the JLF and eventually maybe even become the boss as everyone else would think that his imba tactics is just what they needed to destroy britannia ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 07:22   Link #92
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

If it even happens...

The only power I find acceptable for Suzaku is COLORS. Hopefully then his white/black tinted eyes will start to see some colours. And wreck as much havoc as he does in the OP. The current Suzaku hardly looks like someone who befits the "standing in the flames of genocide" image.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 07:25   Link #93
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Maybe we'll get to see why Suzaku is like he is, so character development.

Old 2006-12-16, 07:50   Link #94
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

That would be good, because it's something he's sorely lacking in. although I hope his char development is done over a series of ep and not in oneshot and expect people to go 'zomg, suzaku, you poor thing!!!'

Old 2006-12-16, 07:54   Link #95
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
That would be good, because it's something he's sorely lacking in. although I hope his char development is done over a series of ep and not in oneshot and expect people to go 'zomg, suzaku, you poor thing!!!'
Bah.
With this crowd here that can't happen anyway.
But yes char dev over a series of eps is always better.

Old 2006-12-16, 08:54   Link #96
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Maybe we'll get to see why Suzaku is like he is, so character development.
His Father's death?
Old 2006-12-16, 09:36   Link #97
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
His Father's death?
That wouldn't make that much sense unless his fathers dying wish was for suzaku to work with the britainnians or not to cause trouble for them.

Old 2006-12-16, 09:40   Link #98
Darkeyesrina

Send a message via AIM to Darkeyesrina Send a message via MSN to Darkeyesrina
Well Shiroth, we still don't know exactly how his father died. Remember in episode 4, the JLF was mentioning how his father "give away/hand over" Japan, while Suzaku mentioned in episode 5 that his father made a "sacrifice" to save him and Japan. He might have pulled an GS Izumi (Cagalli's father), or he was able to hide something bigger before dying.

BTW Cal-Reflector, don't forget Toudou. He is suppose to be also a military genius too, and not the impulsive/devious type. He has his own mecha, and I will wait and see what he can do when fighting Cornelia. I really doubt Toudou is the type to merge with Lelouch, but I suppose an alliance will be for everyone's benefit until the end of the war ala Churchill&Stanlin (each with their own ideas and goals, but both forced to work to defeat a greater, common enemy).

Final Thought: Lelouch, you need to be less blunt and more careful with the girls!!! You are ignoring Shirley, and she is about to leave the harem. You were too direct with Karen, and she slap you good. You pissed off CC, and now she is giving more power to Suzaku!!!!

What could be worse now? Ignoring/Pissing off Millay and getting yourself expel from the Ashford Academy and their family protection?...... (Knock wood!!).
Darkeyesrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 10:05   Link #99
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
That wouldn't make that much sense unless his fathers dying wish was for suzaku to work with the britainnians or not to cause trouble for them.
I never said it was, you shouldn't jump to conclusions like that.

Its just that his Father's death is what drives Suzaku forward - so whenever we get character development for Suzaku, its a fact that his father shall be to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkeyesrina View Post
Lelouch, you need to be less blunt and more careful with the girls!!! You are ignoring Shirley, and she is about to leave the harem. You were too direct with Karen, and she slap you good. You pissed off CC, and now she is giving more power to Suzaku!!!!
He only cares about one girl, thats all that matters to him.
Old 2006-12-16, 10:14   Link #100
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I think the whole Suzaku's father issue is really a backdrop of one of Code Geass's themes, 'blind nationalism vs rational nationalism'.

Suzaku's father probably made it in a way so that Japan would be conquered by Britiannia without much civilian casualties (( because Britiannians clearly don't give a damn )) or surrenders Japan without much retaliation knowing that Japan has ZERO chance of winning while the military Japanese goons (( probably current JLF's top brass )) wants to Nippon Banzai!! and flail their Japanese pride even to their certain defeat which will end up prolonging a hopeless war. Of course, Suzaku's dad surely takes all blame by eating the cake.

Suzaku needs to be more like Orange-kun. At least Jeremiah's aggresive. Suzaku talks about change, but it's not like he's doing anything...even he knows as a HB, he's not gonna get much priveledge...not until Cornelia's dead and Euphie takes over Area Eleven military command anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
He only cares about one girl, thats all that matters to him.
Bring in the siscon jokes!!

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote