Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-23, 10:48   Link #21
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
does anyone else find it weird the old man specifically said he waited until the "grandchildren's generation"? Why not "son" (which would mean Dragon)?

does this mean the old guy will fight luffy or his grandkids will?
Another translation mentioned him holding that grudge even against Garps descendants. So the old guy wants to fight Luffy.

EDIT: Color page so no cover story

Last edited by mrShady; 2013-04-23 at 12:06.
Old 2013-04-23, 11:44   Link #22
Rainbowman

Not much to go on here. Anything on the cover story? At any rate, the curse of Golden Week strikes once again.
Old 2013-04-23, 13:19   Link #23
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
EDIT: Hey marvel, remind everyone about the WSJ break next week in the first post.

Well, I kinda slapped a big ol' "NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK" right on the thread title, but if you want me to put another reminder in the first post itself, fine then.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I didn't see this mentioned in the chapter. Bad translation (again)?

This punch doesn't seem to be all that impressive to be honest. I bet one of the fighters here will block it with one hand or outright tank it.

It was mentioned in both Aohige's summary and the Mangarule translation, so yeah. Never, EVER rely on Panda for accuracy. Ever. Now as for whether or not the punch really IS as powerful as Dagama claims..... well, it might not be total BS. I mean, we're already seeing quite a few dudes who can take out vice-admirals easily, so I don't think it would be all that far-fetched if a king from the NW were capable of one-shotting a yonkou depending on the circumstances (Dagama even says that the timing of the punch matters the most)......

Anyway, I'm wondering of Hack is another former Sun pirate? I didn't see a sun tattoo on him, but it could be covered by his clothing. Anyway, dude looks like a beast. So does Blue Gilly, for that matter. It's cool to see more of the long leg tribe. Too bad we still haven't got any confirmation of dwarves or minkmen yet, though. As for Ricky..... no need to comment on him now, I think.

Oh, and speaking of long legs..... is it just me, or do Robin's legs in the color page seem abnormally long (or is that a trick of perspective)?
Old 2013-04-23, 13:25   Link #24
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Blue Gilly has to later on down the road fight Sanji right? lol... it's so obvious...
Old 2013-04-23, 14:35   Link #25
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This punch doesn't seem to be all that impressive to be honest. I bet one of the fighters here will block it with one hand or outright tank it.
My guess is that he will try to use his punch on bellamy only for him to use his springs to absorb the punch and then send the king flying.
Old 2013-04-23, 15:09   Link #26
Tommy
Mr. Prince

This chapter was alright, it's getting hard to tell who's gonna come out on top... I do wanna see king Elizabelio and the fishman duke it out though.

Oh and I don't think anyone mentioned it, but I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing if the fighting lion from block D is Richie from Buggy's crew. GOOOO TEAM BUGGY!!!
Old 2013-04-23, 15:26   Link #27
james0246

-I'm starting to think that Balty's power, if it can be called a power, is for people to ignore him until it's too late.

-Blue Gilly is an extraordinarily stupid looking character. Not only is he ugly, but his fighting style is laughably silly. It might be effective, but I can't help but imagine that he is just an exhibitionist that fights with crotch shots, blinding his opposition so he can kick them with his ugly legs.
Old 2013-04-23, 16:51   Link #28
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

The long leg tribe......the first time I'm actually put off by a character design in One Piece...
Old 2013-04-23, 17:14   Link #29
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
My guess is that he will try to use his punch on bellamy only for him to use his springs to absorb the punch and then send the king flying.
I like this idea. That would be pretty cool. I have to say I'm liking the new Bellamy quite a bit (his change of heart seems genuine) so I wouldn't mind if he got to show off like that.
Old 2013-04-23, 17:31   Link #30
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
-Blue Gilly is an extraordinarily stupid looking character. Not only is he ugly, but his fighting style is laughably silly. It might be effective, but I can't help but imagine that he is just an exhibitionist that fights with crotch shots, blinding his opposition so he can kick them with his ugly legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
The long leg tribe......the first time I'm actually put off by a character design in One Piece...

Looks to me like some folks are in denial over the sight of Blue Gilly's long, sexy calves!

Quote:
-I'm starting to think that Balty's power, if it can be called a power, is for people to ignore him until it's too late.

I assume you mean Bartolomeo? I kinda doubt it due to his reputation. In fact, the audience was even yelling at him this chapter when they saw him laying around. Like I said earlier, I think he's just waiting for the numbers to thin out so he can take on the surviving fighters who actually count (who at this point seem to be Bellamy, Ricky, and Hack, though I think the king may also be a possibility depending on when he launches his punch).

Speaking of the king's punch..... I think it would be pretty amusing if he were to miss his target, but in the process somehow destroy the Smile factory, saving Luffy and co. several more chapters of trouble.
Old 2013-04-24, 00:15   Link #31
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 707
That was pretty cool chapter. Bellamy usage of devil fruit power has improved. Pretty cool he can use his arms has well. That is now 3 people who know Lucy's(Luffy) real identity. I wonder how long till everyone knows who he is. If this keeps up everyone will be fighting Luffy and the fruit will be nothing more then an after thought.
Old 2013-04-24, 01:26   Link #32
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

I am pretty sure that Bellamy will survive and win this. He may as well give the fruit to Luffy since he has no use for it at all.

Besides when was the last time you saw someone with such ideals and inspirations fail in One Piece? (a geniune loser like Coby making his way to captain, Leblanc/Alliance/Luffy proving Sky Island exists...) Bellamy is there to prove us something good can come out of evil beings, a well earned lesson and also to prove that "a man's dream will never die".

If he loses at a point, it will just prove things otherwise.
Old 2013-04-24, 02:14   Link #33
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
I am pretty sure that Bellamy will survive and win this. He may as well give the fruit to Luffy since he has no use for it at all.

Besides when was the last time you saw someone with such ideals and inspirations fail in One Piece? (a geniune loser like Coby making his way to captain, Leblanc/Alliance/Luffy proving Sky Island exists...) Bellamy is there to prove us something good can come out of evil beings, a well earned lesson and also to prove that "a man's dream will never die".

If he loses at a point, it will just prove things otherwise.
Like how Ace didn't die and Luffy didn't waste 20years of his lifespan for nothing?
Old 2013-04-24, 02:35   Link #34
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Chapter 707
That was pretty cool chapter. Bellamy usage of devil fruit power has improved. Pretty cool he can use his arms has well. That is now 3 people who know Lucy's(Luffy) real identity. I wonder how long till everyone knows who he is. If this keeps up everyone will be fighting Luffy and the fruit will be nothing more then an after thought.

Huh, I'm kinda surprised you haven't commented on the king who can supposedly KO a yonkou with one punch!

Anyway, I wonder if Don Chinjao really does hold a grudge against Luffy? He seemed to be speaking to him in a rather friendly tone, so maybe he dropped said grudge? Either that, or he's just being patient so he can go buck wild on him in the ring.....
Old 2013-04-24, 03:31   Link #35
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, I kinda slapped a big ol' "NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK" right on the thread title, but if you want me to put another reminder in the first post itself, fine then.....
Oh lol. I never pay attention to the thread titles.
Old 2013-04-24, 04:51   Link #36
Vajra
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Anyway, I wonder if Don Chinjao really does hold a grudge against Luffy? He seemed to be speaking to him in a rather friendly tone, so maybe he dropped said grudge? Either that, or he's just being patient so he can go buck wild on him in the ring.....
I'm betting on the latter, remember revenge is a dish best served cold.
Old 2013-04-24, 05:00   Link #37
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Like how Ace didn't die and Luffy didn't waste 20years of his lifespan for nothing?

As long as it serves a greater purpose. In those cases it was a requirement for Luffy's development. Ace never had such a dying will to get rescued in first place. He only wanted to be belong somewhere and he achieved that.

And lifespan is...pretty much means nothing in most shonen since main hero wont die from heart attack in the middle of a voyage or combat so no big deal. It will possibly only resurface when Luffy becomes future PK and dies at the end of story.

The real minus was that WB pirates were so determined to save Ace yet they failed hard at that plus sacrificing a lot more. That was a first time. But as I said, Ace was definitely happy least that they tried and fulfilled his storyline.

Killing/defeating Bellamy right now would be defying this determination. He survived a torment and came back as an unexpectedly wiser and powerful character. His only purpose is to be with his old crew unlike most folks that only cares about fighting or achieving devil fruit. I can assure you that Bellamy will either win or he will impress Donflamingo enough to join back his crew at the end.
Old 2013-04-24, 08:25   Link #38
mrShady

Quote:
As long as it serves a greater purpose. In those cases it was a requirement for Luffy's development. Ace never had such a dying will to get rescued in first place. He only wanted to be belong somewhere and he achieved that.
Maybe so but Ace is a far more important character then Bellamy is and he had a much bigger impact on the story.

Quote:
And lifespan is...pretty much means nothing in most shonen since main hero wont die from heart attack in the middle of a voyage or combat so no big deal. It will possibly only resurface when Luffy becomes future PK and dies at the end of story.

The real minus was that WB pirates were so determined to save Ace yet they failed hard at that plus sacrificing a lot more. That was a first time. But as I said, Ace was definitely happy least that they tried and fulfilled his storyline.
Luffy's lifespan might not affect the story directly but it's a pretty powerful gesture as to what he was willing to sacrifice for Ace.

Quote:
Killing/defeating Bellamy right now would be defying this determination. He survived a torment and came back as an unexpectedly wiser and powerful character. His only purpose is to be with his old crew unlike most folks that only cares about fighting or achieving devil fruit. I can assure you that Bellamy will either win or he will impress Donflamingo enough to join back his crew at the end.
I not so much disagree with your opinion about Bellamy but more on how one piece is too unpredictable to make that assumption. For me personally I have a hard time knowing how the fights will turn out. There are loads of characters with some background story but all of them could turn out to be crap in front of Luffy. I'm also unsure as to how Oda wants to develop the story now that we are in the new world with all the big guys. He could've decided to change the story structure now that the strawhats are surrounded by these well known individuals. They are now a real part of the pirate world and not some upstarts like before. But the arc is still young so let's wait and see a bit more from each individual before we call the end results.
Old 2013-04-24, 08:52   Link #39
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
You're in denial of his good looks. The guy is a sexy beast .
Old 2013-04-24, 14:55   Link #40
marvelB

^Nice Fujitora avatar there, BDK!

Anyway, there's something else that I've been considering for a while: What if there's a CP0 agent or two taking part in this tournament? I don't think it's so farfetched since we even saw an undercover VA a couple chapters back (who got taken out by Barty), so maybe they're a part of the remaining two blocks? If true, I'm kinda hoping that the fighting lion or bull is an agent, just to continue CP9's tradition of having the strongest members being zoans.
Closed Thread