AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-07-14, 20:55   Link #81
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Hiraishin however boasted a HUGE advantage and was a technique that was going completely unused; why NOT allow others to use these moves if they are so damn good... Jiriaya has been around for decades and thus would have plenty of time to learn the jutsu
I think it's probably Kishi wanting to keep some aspect of Minato unique. Rasengan and Shiki Fuuin were techniques he developed but Hiraishin was his defining jutsu, that's the jutsu that built his reputation as Konoha's "Yellow Flash", I think Jiraiya and Kakashi also using Hiraishin would've reduce some of the awe associated with that name.

Even when major characters share moves, Kishi tends to reserve trademarks. Like Jiraiya mostly known for summoning toads, only occasionally using Rasengan. While Naruto is the opposite, he spams Rasengan all day while hardly summoning at all. Naruto--> Rasengan, Jiraiya -->Summoning.

In the case where we have a character specializing in a jutsu that only one other shinobi ever known to use: Hashirama-->Yamato, the powers were far watered down from the original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibexwalya View Post
I still don't understand how something that is not a living entity is going to stay for long teaching Naruto a new technique. Besides If this was possible in the first place, then how come Minato didn't stay inside Naruto for so long?
Agreed. That's unlikely to say the least. She mentioned that she was eager to join Minato, she just has to tell Naruto some things about his past and then she'll pass on. However, that doesn't mean she won't maybe give Naruto something that will help him master "that" jutsu.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 22:39   Link #82
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Well no, he generally doesn't think ahead. He's known as the #1 unpredictable ninja because he does things most shinobi would consider horrible strategy but somehow makes them work. Not to say he's not capable of clever, creative ideas but that's only usually when the straightforward methods don't work. He did show some good planning fighting Pain though.
I think you have to take his development and makeover into consideration before judging his tactics. In my eyes, his fighting style and most of all his behaviour has changed drastically. He actually seems to have realized that he's on his own (and can't beg for Kyuubi's help all the time because he suffers damage when he does so) and that he's up against strong opponents. He never measured his opponents' strength before and until the battle at the bridge /vs. Orochimaru, he never asked if there were any downsides to the use of the Kyuubi.

Quote:
While Naruto is the opposite, he spams Rasengan all day while hardly summoning at all. Naruto--> Rasengan, Jiraiya -->Summoning.
I think Jiraiya summoned the toads on purpose. In order to let them touch him and get rid of genjutsu that is. Of course there were other reasons, too.

Quote:
Agreed. That's unlikely to say the least. She mentioned that she was eager to join Minato, she just has to tell Naruto some things about his past and then she'll pass on. However, that doesn't mean she won't maybe give Naruto something that will help him master "that" jutsu.
Yes, she told Naruto that she taught Minato a lot of sealing techniques and I guess Hiraishin is a sealing technique because Minato needed to apply a seal on a Kunai and even at home he used the Kunai. He used them at all his spawn points, so I think he wasn't quite able to figure out something else. He did it that way and only that way. There was no need to do it another way because it worked nevertheless.

Last edited by AuroraFlash; 2010-07-14 at 22:57.
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 23:42   Link #83
james0246

^When a fight is a 1000 vs. 1, the 1000 always lose. Quantity is never equal to quality in action series like Naruto.

That being said, I'm pretty sure Naruto would have an aneurism if he created so many clones...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 00:39   Link #84
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That being said, I'm pretty sure Naruto would have an aneurism if he created so many clones...
Hasn't he already created that many? I recall him doing so during the nature training.
Old 2010-07-15, 00:58   Link #85
james0246

^Pardon me, I should clarify. If Naruto made enough clones to cover a continent (as Small One mentioned), hell even an entire battlefield, he would undoubtedly get an aneurism.
Old 2010-07-15, 13:04   Link #86
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
No problem, he has Kyuubi-Healing.
-I dunno, the Kyuubi seems to not be able to heal brain-related damage. Otherwise, Naruto wouldn't talk about so many retarded things. Then again, what's truly retarded: sticking-up for a nigh improbable, but otherwise noble goal or wanting to kill off an entire village because the guy who helped kill your entire family talked about some supposed prejudice and then joining forces with him?
Old 2010-07-15, 13:32   Link #87
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Though like i said, i would say that leaving such a powerful technique for Naruto only seems pretty damn irresponsible... Ninjas like Kakashi, Jiraiya, and Sarutobi could have done a lot of great things with a technique that strong... Jiariaya and Sarutobi might still be alive with technique's like that
Quote:
^Jiraiya could have handeled the Pain Brigade easily if he could have simply Shadow Bind them in one place, and then have a Toad chop their heads off. So does that mean an the Nara's should have provided their techniques to Jiraiya? Hell, if half the shinobi in Konoha knew the Nara shadow manipulation techniques (or the Yamanaka Mind Walking jutsus, or Gai's taijutsus, or Kakashi's Chidori, or anyone's summoning beast, etc), then the village would be better off. But they don't. Why? Because they are personal or family techniques. Hiraishin falls under a similar category.

Based on the Manga, Sarutobi knew all of Konoha's Jutsus.
Old 2010-07-15, 13:49   Link #88
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

That isn't something to be taken literally. He obviously can't know all the secret techniques of every clan.
Old 2010-07-15, 13:50   Link #89
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
That isn't something to be taken literally. He obviously can't know all the secret techniques of every clan.
The quote was not made to be taken literally, it was made as a fact. of course he couldnt had known those from special bloodline.

Seriousley, is like saying that Shodaime ability to control all bijuu should be taken literally.
Old 2010-07-15, 13:56   Link #90
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
The quote was not made to be taken literally, it was made as a fact. of course he couldnt had known those from special bloodline.

Seriousley, is like saying that Shodaime ability to control all bijuu should be taken literally.
And it is still a fact which has to be interpreted. Say someone tells you, "I am missing a finger," without showing you his hands. Can you say for certain, without looking, exactly what finger that man is missing? Of course not. You do not have enough information. Likewise, Sarutobi's statement is vague. "All of Konoha's jutsu" does not specify exactly what that is meant to encompass. Does it mean basic techniques, secret techniques, specific clan techniques, forbidden techniques, etc? Can you say for certain exactly what jutsu he knew, without having seen them all? No, you can't. You have one vague statement with which to work, and common sense dictates he cannot know techniques which he doesn't have the resources to perform (bugs under skin, Byakugan, etc.).
Old 2010-07-15, 14:04   Link #91
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
And it is still a fact which has to be interpreted. Say someone tells you, "I am missing a finger," without showing you his hands. Can you say for certain, without looking, exactly what finger that man is missing? Of course not. You do not have enough information. Likewise, Sarutobi's statement is vague. "All of Konoha's jutsu" does not specify exactly what that is meant to encompass. Does it mean basic techniques, secret techniques, specific clan techniques, forbidden techniques, etc? Can you say for certain exactly what jutsu he knew, without having seen them all? No, you can't. You have one vague statement with which to work, and common sense dictates he cannot know techniques which he doesn't have the resources to perform (bugs under skin, Byakugan, etc.).
All techniques means that, All techniques (do you need a dictionary entry on this one?), this is a quote stated in the manga, Kakahi was stated that he knew 1000 jutsus, he hasn’t done more than 50 in the entire manga, does that means this quote is not true? So, Please stop selecting what quote should be a fact for your own convienience.

And Like I said, barring any special bloodline, He knew all of Konoha Jutsus, reason why he was called the professor and god of all shinobies.
Old 2010-07-15, 14:11   Link #92
james0246

^Knowing all the jutsus doesn't mean he can use all the jutsus (And I'm not talking about bloodline abilities, etc).
Old 2010-07-15, 14:23   Link #93
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
All techniques means that, All techniques (do you need a dictionary entry on this one?), this is a quote stated in the manga, Kakahi was stated that he knew 1000 jutsus, he hasn’t done more than 50 in the entire manga, does that means this quote is not true? So, Please stop selecting what quote should be a fact for your own convienience.

And Like I said, barring any special bloodline, He knew all of Konoha Jutsus, reason why he was called the professor and god of all shinobies.
If he really knew them all, then he rather limited himself by not using some of the more powerful ones (Hiraishin sure would have been useful, huh). It all boils down to how you define "Konoha jutsu". Rasengan isn't something they teach every ninja, for example. The statement is unlikely to refer to every unique technique.
Old 2010-07-15, 14:25   Link #94
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
^Knowing all the jutsus doesn't mean he can use all the jutsus (And I'm not talking about bloodline abilities, etc).
I get you (which indeed you can make a better case wiht this than my dear pal morbosfist) but, I doubt very much that he was revered as the strongest just because he was a bookworm.

Quote:
If he really knew them all, then he rather limited himself by not using some of the more powerful ones (Hiraishin sure would have been useful, huh). It all boils down to how you define "Konoha jutsu". Rasengan isn't something they teach every ninja, for example. The statement is unlikely to refer to every unique technique.
And I wouldnt be surprise that Sandaime knew rasengan. But, at the end kowing them all doesnt trasmit that he would used them all, is like Kakashi, He knows 1000 jutsus, but he always used the same couple of jutsus.
Old 2010-07-15, 15:36   Link #95
Khalin

Ok I know that this isn't part of chapter 502 but while we're on the subject of Minato, what bloodline does he come from or has that ever been brought up or speculated?

Or is he just a ninja who came from not strong bloodlines and achieved greatness himself?
Khalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 16:56   Link #96
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalin View Post
Ok I know that this isn't part of chapter 502 but while we're on the subject of Minato, what bloodline does he come from or has that ever been brought up or speculated?

Or is he just a ninja who came from not strong bloodlines and achieved greatness himself?
Presumably he was just a genius kid from a no-name family, but considering the pseudo-revision done to the Uzumaki clan, it seems only obvious that the Namikaze will turn out to be important contributors to the ninja world as well.
Old 2010-07-15, 17:49   Link #97
ElricKeyblade

WHOOOT!!! This chapter kicked FANNY !!!

Masashi Kishimoto, ever since the beginning of this Kushina arc your plot-skills have been BAAAAAACCCCCKKKKK!!! DD
Old 2010-07-15, 17:50   Link #98
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

How the hell did the 2nd hokage even die? He knows the same teleport jutsu as Minato and can summon dead people. What's next, he had rinnegan too?
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 17:59   Link #99
Crimson Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
How the hell did the 2nd hokage even die? He knows the same teleport jutsu as Minato and can summon dead people. What's next, he had rinnegan too?
He didn't use the same technique, Minato just said the 2nd used space/time abilities too.
But yeah the 2nd Hokage must have been a beast in battle, he used genjutsu in that fight with the 3rd too didn't? Yet we're expected to believe he died fighting hunter ninja?

Like father like son the 4th can't help but rasengan his way to victory. By all rights Madara should be down but since he had no problem ripping his own arm off and replacing it I'm guessing no.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 18:03   Link #100
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Jiraiya had space/time ability too, that's how he escaped the 5 pains with the corpse of the 6th. It's not the ability but how good you are at it.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion