AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 15 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 15.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 15.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.22%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.22%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-13, 18:16   Link #21
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy.Tear View Post
It'd be nice if someone could come up with an English translation for 拝気 that's just as aesthetic but shorter than FoW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
As for translation, I believe you can just translate that as Bless since that's the official reading.
...or Faith. (I got that idea from Touhou 10 xD)
Old 2011-11-13, 18:18   Link #22
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeruri View Post
...or Faith. (I got that idea from Touhou 10 xD)
I personally like Zeal, cause that has the both the fuel and religious aspect.
Old 2011-11-13, 22:01   Link #23
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow Naomasa's mech was awesome. Surprised Shiro was able to win, but that's a good thing. Lol it was Suzu vs Neito. Aoi stole the ep at the end.
Old 2011-11-13, 23:04   Link #24
Xacual

The Shiro vs Naomasa and Aoi vs Masazumi at the end were the best. Especially Toori stealing Masazumi's side of the debate.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-11-13, 23:14   Link #25
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

An interesting concept to use have to buy your own spells I know in games there's always a scroll of something, but I think this is the first time I've seen it in Anime

LOL at the start and end with Toori massively trolling everybody watching the prize fight As if showing up naked wasn't enough to throw them off balance, he had audacity change his mind midway

But damnit, I wish I didn't spoil myself by knowing how he would 'fight' Masazumi in this debate, it makes this cliffhanger all the more painful because I know how freaking awesome it will be !
Old 2011-11-14, 00:24   Link #26
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I haven't been able to watch it subbed, but Neito's expressions in general are pretty hilarious.

Dat DX face during the Toori sushi scene.

I wonder if there's a mention of how long certain characters have known each other compared to the rest. Suzu and Asama are a given as childhood friends, but 'mostly' everyone in general seems to have been respectively friends for a good amount of time.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2011-11-14, 02:34   Link #27
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I wonder if there's a mention of how long certain characters have known each other compared to the rest. Suzu and Asama are a given as childhood friends, but 'mostly' everyone in general seems to have been respectively friends for a good amount of time.
I wonder why it wasn't mentioned in the anime. In the novel, it should have been mentioned already since around episode 2 or 3 when Masazu was pursuing the truth about Toori's past.

I think it was semi-obvious, but except Masazumi (who just transferred a year ago) and Azuma (who left Musashi some years ago and just returned), everyone has been classmates ever since grade school. That's why everyone knows the relationship between Toori and Horizon (who died 10 years ago), and why everyone calls one another in different nicknames.
Old 2011-11-14, 02:40   Link #28
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Wasn't Seijun's pursuit of the truth already happened in the anime when Toori ran through Remorse Way and before that ghost-hunting party?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-11-14, 03:04   Link #29
molitar

Loved it when Toori backfired the whole last battle on Masazumi. I guess we should give up and let Horizon die.. All of Masazumi's plans to debuncle the rescue just went out the window! Damn! What a strategy! Let the bad guy argue why they should rescue Horizon! Not only did he backfire the debate on her he even added arguments that Masazumi will now have to argue how to restore their authority also.

Here we got to see just how diabolical Toori can be.. and he acts so innocent.. Huh? I loved the emperor's shock as he was spilling his drink!
Old 2011-11-14, 03:04   Link #30
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ Wasn't Seijun's pursuit of the truth already happened in the anime when Toori ran through Remorse Way and before that ghost-hunting party?
Yeah, back in Episode 3. I just checked it.

As I was saying, the mention of the whole class being classmates since grade school was axed in the anime.

They have enough opportunity to mention it. Like in Suzu's essay last episode, when she scaled the stairs to elementary school, everyone were already in there, waiting and cheering for Suzu (not when they were already adults). I was actually looking forward to see how they all looked like when they were small.
Old 2011-11-14, 03:12   Link #31
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Dammn....I love it whenever Toori opens his mouth....sending Suzu out against Neito, then totally defusing the entire situation at the end in typically stupid manner...
Old 2011-11-14, 03:14   Link #32
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

*imagines Ulqi as an elementary pupil*

Welp.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2011-11-14, 03:19   Link #33
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
*imagines Ulqi as an elementary pupil*

Welp.
I was wondering how that slime would look like...

I guess still a slime.
Old 2011-11-14, 17:06   Link #34
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

shirojiro uses coin toss on a mech and Toori wins either way
Old 2011-11-15, 19:24   Link #35
lordblazer
Radical Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Loved it when Toori backfired the whole last battle on Masazumi. I guess we should give up and let Horizon die.. All of Masazumi's plans to debuncle the rescue just went out the window! Damn! What a strategy! Let the bad guy argue why they should rescue Horizon! Not only did he backfire the debate on her he even added arguments that Masazumi will now have to argue how to restore their authority also.

Here we got to see just how diabolical Toori can be.. and he acts so innocent.. Huh? I loved the emperor's shock as he was spilling his drink!
Yea, I thought that was smart of Blue Bird. Was really surprised to see it happen. I finally caught up with this series, so I am proud of that, and so this episode now makes sense to me .

I've been trying to figure out the whole gist of it, but why are students able to decide the fate of the world? Are they given special privileges that others in the society aren't able to have?
Old 2011-11-15, 19:30   Link #36
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Blue Bird
Lol. And I guess Kimi = Blue Hey You.

Old 2011-11-15, 19:51   Link #37
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordblazer View Post
I've been trying to figure out the whole gist of it, but why are students able to decide the fate of the world? Are they given special privileges that others in the society aren't able to have?
Yes, the students have the political authorities in the countries, they run the government, and make decisions. Innocentius is actually K.P.A Italia's chancellor and Galileo is the Vice President (or the President I think, I can't remember his exact position). However, unlike other nations, Far East students will graduate at the age of 18, after that, they have no right to involve in politics anymore. Other countries has no age restriction, that's why Innocentius who look like in 40s can still be a student.

The Academy system is established after the defeat of Divine States in Harmonic Unification War to prevent Military and Political suppression of the Far East. Because there has nothing written in the Testament that the whole world had conquered Japan (or Divine States), they cannot take over Divine States. However, the Testament Union found a way to circumvent that by establishing Academy as the highest authority of the nation with the pretense of "peace, development, etc" (in other words, an ostensibly valid but BS excuse). They didn't conquer the Divine States that way but they have indirect control of the Far East.

Since Toori is both the Chancellor and the Student Council chairman, technically he has the highest authority in the Far East, but Yoshinao, the Musashi king, has the power to veto his decision (the King position is unique to Far East).

Also as stated in 9th clause of Westfallen Treaty, only students can deal with students during inter-Academy related problems. That's why President Sakai and the Provisional Councils aren't butting in to their confrontation, and just leaving the resolution of conflict to Masazumi.
Old 2011-11-15, 20:06   Link #38
lordblazer
Radical Dreamer

Alright, so its another school oriented anime with a huge twist? Ok, I can now live with the fact that all new anime coming out from now on will be based around some kind of school if there is some kind of interesting gimmick to it. This one makes it an even more interesting show to watch. I can't wait for episode 8
Old 2011-11-15, 21:41   Link #39
Kunagisa

TAN's translation's actually pretty good, except for Heidi's part. I would translate "play super dirty" as "being cheap (with)".

Since that they are both misters and money people, being cheap is actually a compliment, but here the implication is that Heidi actually bought all the top floor of that area to help Shiro win. When Shiro said he bought it, it's true that he instructed Heidi to buy it, but Heidi paid out of her own pocket to help him win.

Heidi: I'm cheap when it comes to Shiro too!
*Proceeds to buy the entire freaking top deck of the ship INCLUDING the labor (or work) into holding the ship parts together*

It's a really cute moment between the two in their own "cheap" ways. I don't know how well the subs showed that for you guys.

As for the economic, it's basically money donated to the shrine, shrine transforms the money into Blessing, which is a resource fuel. The fact that Far East is the only place that has banks is because none of the other factions (which are mostly "Christians" and "Muslims") allow charging of interests, so they don't have banks as a viable profession. When Shiro said the other factions taking out loans, he really meant that they basically just force it out of Far East but still leaving notes saying they will pay Far East back. All loans get defaulted if Musashi, the last Far East independent entity, gets taken over.

It's ok if you don't entirely understand this part, but the MOST MOST important fact to remember is Musashi is currently the biggest energy fuel tank in the entire "world". Because of the unique Shinto system that Musashi has, you can think of money = fuel = labor (service) all interchangeably.

Also, I personally think, the following is actually Toori's most intelligent moment, not the part at the end; he reacted before anyone realize what Neito is going to do. Dude's pretty genius even though he hides it pretty well.

Lots of subtle hints in this episode!
Old 2011-11-15, 22:44   Link #40
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Dude's pretty genius even though he hides it pretty well.
Toori's pretty awesome, in my opinion. I haven't seen a character of his type played off this well in a long time. He'd definitely fit in with classic characters like Vash the Stampede. He really is a lovable village idiot.