Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-02, 10:41   Link #1
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Magikano

I search and search to no avail of existing thread...

Uhm, new anime 2006.

Site: http://www.magikano.com/

Character names there that I have no time to translate lol....

Ok, the OP is nice .....I sweeeeer the designs of the girls first reminded me of Tenshi No Shippo So, I'd like to remind everyone male leads probably can't get any more generic looking of late...but this design for the male lead doesn't look so generic...anyways, another series with cute girls, aahhh too much moe moe....

And another series with two male support characters....2 geek heads It's safe to call them Friend A and Friend B anyways, there was a hilarious ad in the show, shopmagikano.kom lol...

Ok, so something about Mahou Shoujo, sometimes the lead male character has to have met the lead girl before having been officially introduced....lol I like this girls voice, Yumi-chan. But this girl looks so psycho already this early lol...Wait, this male lead had a sister lol....I need to get the guys name, this ep is too funny lol...I didn't know he does cooking classes, well there's a male cook in anime lol....ok, so his sister likes him? Wow, how many bro-sis relationships can we get already...

lol so his first test will be to save Yumi! From two bullies....yeah you know, new students, etc...Well....Fail So she intervenes and....ok, I knew she's psycho LOL....apparently, she may have defeated the two bullies but it was illusionized that he did....

So go home, and.....lol Yumi is there....in a maid outfit...o...k....I KNEW SHE WAS PSYCHO LOL....she straight up kissed him....what a weird magical type of girl...can we get a different kind of story lol....this is looking familiar now and then....although I'm liking the jealous sister acts but man, that Yumi is looking more Psycho by the minutes...ok a bit more into the ep, lol...I thought I'd never hear it again that a girl calling another girl a pervert....this sister is hilarious.....so I'd officially label this series a magical girl comedy.... O_O fanservice.....lol now what....giant Eel....now this is just....now a crying Yumi...this girl could follow Kozue Aoba-chan as most multiple girl of 2006..... we'll end the ep with another psychotic looking Yumi-chan lol....

Nice ED....it's animated gif material thats for sure . We also get a load of most of the characters in there.

Next ep we get introduced to a new girl. Uhm,.....

Wow, that was a weird episode lol. I didn't spoiler tag it because this is the first episode and it's understandable read it to know what you want to know
Old 2006-01-02, 10:57   Link #2
NeoSam

Thanks for starting a thread about this mangatron

Well since you didn't mention this, I'll do

Its based on a manga thats serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Magazine Z.
For now there are 6 volumes released of this manga, here are the covers:

Genre: Seinen, Comedy, Romance

From some forum I read that the manga is much much more fanservicy than the anime is.

Other seinen manga from Magazine Z that got animated: Le Portrait de Petit Cossette

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-04-28 at 19:18.
Old 2006-01-02, 11:05   Link #3
mangatron

Oh thanks sam, I remembered your old "New anime" thread had this, thanks. All I had to go with was the main site

And only one fanservice moment that I have seen so far....
Old 2006-01-02, 11:11   Link #4
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
Site: http://www.magikano.com/

lol...Wait, this male lead had a sister lol....I need to get the guys name ...
It should be Yoshikawa Haruo (吉川春生) for the lead's name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
Genre: Seinen, Comedy, Romance

From some forum I read that the manga is much much more fanservicy than the anime is.
Romance? Really? Maybe I'll give the anime a try, then. I just got the fanservice bit, and it was something of a turnoff for me. Does anyone (mangatron?) who has seen the anime have a quick rating for it so far?

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
Old 2006-01-02, 11:20   Link #5
mangatron

Hmm, my rating?

It did start out ok. I was just taken in unexpectedly by the way this Yumi just got this psycho attitude lol And there's quite a number of girls shown already for a first episode, and there were quite a bunch of laughs now and then. Overall?

4 out of 5, mainly for those who know this type of anime. There are alot of SD scenes now and then and the characters put up alot of goofy faces here and there. I do like it though, always up for more Mahou shoujo twists
Old 2006-01-02, 12:15   Link #6
Omniscient

Episode 01 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-05, 07:05   Link #7
giu_2

Send a message via MSN to giu_2
nice
i did just se the first episode (raw) and it was good
did AnimeU say that they will sub it?
Old 2006-01-05, 15:30   Link #8
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
Thanks for starting a thread about this mangatron

Well since you didn't mention this, I'll do

Its based on a manga thats serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Magazine Z.

*nosebleeds* Do you have a bigger pic of that?

Looked on the official page of the anime, and this far it looks nice...
The bit with the "more fanservicy manga" kinda reminds me of Mahou Sensei Negima - a great manga which then got an absolutely *awful* anime conversion
Let's hope that they don't totally ruin the anime here as well, but it's a different studio this time, and the uniforms look very nice, so I don't think that will happen.
Old 2006-01-05, 15:53   Link #9
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Inverse
Is this good enough?
Old 2006-01-05, 19:16   Link #10
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Saw the engrish version (HKVOC) and it kinda reminded me of Guardian Hearts. And as such I didn't like it or dislike it. I'll give it 7 episodes to see what happens with it. I really like Ayumi's (I think that's her name) character design though (It's a certain common facial expession on rare characters that I go for)
Old 2006-01-05, 19:30   Link #11
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Inverse
here you go.

I dont know which has more panty shots, this or Najica.
Old 2006-01-05, 20:55   Link #12
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

How interesting, Sakura Nogawa as Ayumi. She did Nemu in Da Capo and is Shiho in Mai Hime/Otome. Looks perfect for an over the top and borderline psychotic magic maiden.
Old 2006-01-06, 18:49   Link #13
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTARGET
here you go.

I dont know which has more panty shots, this or Najica.
Thanks, that's a fine size!
So it has so much panty shots it can compete with Najica!?
I really like it more by the minute! Let's see how they pull off the anime...
Old 2006-01-06, 19:07   Link #14
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

... i wonder why the male lead reminds me of Keitaro
Old 2006-01-10, 07:06   Link #15
multani2842

Thumbs up

Nice for a first episode, i really loved it. I hope some groups are going to sub it . Mamiya Ayumi is just delirious, some faces are priceless and always come with their hilarous sound. I wish the next episodes will be this good.
Then here are some gifs i made from the raw, all are forum friendly except for 2 or 3 pictures:

Old 2006-01-10, 17:06   Link #16
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

That certainly looks interesting... can't wait until the first fansub
Old 2006-01-10, 21:37   Link #17
multani2842

The second episode is out now and for me he is a little less hilarous than the first. Maybe because this time it's Yuri (the president of the student council, popular among the girl) who take the first role and fight again Ayumi (popular among the gyus) to be the "queen of the school".
Unfortunately the fashion battle between the 2 witch got some fan-service .
The next episode seems to focus on the elder sister of Haruo: Maika and appear to be more darker, i can't wait ...
Old 2006-01-10, 22:18   Link #18
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

For me, the only things ep2 had going for it were more fanservice and the wtf factor. They weren't enough. One down.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-01-11, 02:44   Link #19
froinlaven
Wanchu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by multani2842
Then here are some gifs i made from the raw, all are forum friendly except for 2 or 3 pictures:
Wow, those are really nice! How did you make those?

EDIT: Here's my review w/ the OP/ED for those who are interested.

Last edited by froinlaven; 2006-01-11 at 21:37.
Old 2006-01-11, 04:33   Link #20
multani2842

Quote:
Originally Posted by froinlaven
Wow, those are really nice! How did you make those?
With VirtualDubMod and Gimp, but sure it take some times.

Then the first sub is out; thanx Anime Universe. My Isp got some problem with point-blank.cc but i managed to download it anyway. I hope they gonna keep it up
Closed Thread