AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-12-17, 00:27   Link #1001
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Nailed it. The cover said something about "Nichijou" and as I feared, it was another side-story. Great.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 01:11   Link #1002
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Maybe Taroo-kun is just satisfying himself of Kuro-Usagi's ears. Since we won't be seeing them anytime soon, or perhaps Kuro-Usagi will never gain her ears back.
Old 2013-12-29, 19:50   Link #1003
jacke12
Anise Lover

Hey guys can someone tell me if Shiroyasha's power had been shown in the LN and what kind of gift she has?
jacke12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 11:13   Link #1004
Breimoon

it is somewhere in the earlier posts. That i remember she has about
Spoiler for raw:
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 09:13   Link #1005
deasture
First Class Slacker

When will the next volume be out?
deasture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 15:31   Link #1006
Jirachier

In March probably.
I just want to make sure of something, Code Unknown is a gift exclusive to Izayoi, right ? Or is it the same as what Highness uses ?
Jirachier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 19:19   Link #1007
Sekiryuutei

Sorry if i interrupt the discussion, but is there any summaries for the novels? ty
Sekiryuutei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 20:13   Link #1008
omegasereon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekiryuutei View Post
Sorry if i interrupt the discussion, but is there any summaries for the novels? ty
Look through this thread, there should be some.
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 22:20   Link #1009
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekiryuutei View Post
Try around page 17.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 00:17   Link #1010
VanRaven

just recently join.. but does anyone of you can share me where can I also read the rest of the story pages of the novel since baka tsuki is taking too long to release the english translation of the novel..I really appreciate if you can also share with me the rest of the story since I really love this anime ever since its first started

even if its not english will do as long as I can read the whole story

Btw where can I also buy books about the story?? I also want to read the story from vol 1-9 if there are books that I can really buy though..
VanRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 04:52   Link #1011
Alyxis
Mad Hatter

Does anyone hav an idea of what the original no-name's flag looks like nd is izayoi immune to steel bladed weapons.
Alyxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 05:13   Link #1012
Breimoon

izayoi is not immune to steel blades, he is just very resistent so the blade has to be strong to hurt him
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 03:52   Link #1013
Anicca
Lost Wanderer

Yo. I'm just new here. Hope we get along!

Can't wait for what will happen to Izayo and what Kouryuu learned about Izayoi's identity. (in the summaries, he got Izayoi's blood sample and research about it)
Anicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 13:39   Link #1014
rickiminato

who defeated Azi Dahaka?

and if it was izayoi who defeated then it means that his power are above of 3 digit maou
Old 2014-01-18, 14:42   Link #1015
deasture
First Class Slacker

Spoiler for fight:
deasture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 06:55   Link #1016
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

I'd like to make a few things clear (just registered on this forum partially to clear up things like this one. Won't mess with the spoiler stuff, because it's practically all over the internet anyway, and people more or less know about these facts alredy.
Somewhere around page 20 I read "even his power can't beat whatever". When fighting with the white haired brat.
People. Seriously. "No holding back" obviously means "even though I won't use the full extent of my powers, I'm coming at your ass with the intention of having your head under my armpit when I return". He can destroy a star, after all. It wasn't like "OMG you're so powerful that a star may not even be ... blah blah blah". Clearly stated. He. Can. Destroy. A. Star.
That would mean (as far as the references in the LNs go) that since the Garden is about the size of a star, he can destroy the whole Garden if he "went all out". Would he do that? Nope.
Also, from a scientific point of wiew (people seriously like that thing here, even though we're talking pure fantasy) a kick, or a punch does not have a direct force line. There are all kinds of vectors for these, modified by many different things. Now, if he has a punch that can destroy a star, and releases it on a person, do you think the environment wouldn't be in a bit of trouble? Of course it would. Would he risk harming his friends with that kind of action? Obviously not, since the novels show he has a soft spot. Even if the royal PITA kiddo would "suck up" 90% of the power of his punch (probably impossible), the remaining 10% would whack half the friggin' Garden. That's about that.

P.S.: About the harem/romance stuff that plagues the discussion every now and then - guy's about 15. He's at that age. Even if there's no "focus" on romance (as I've read many times combing through this forum), there unavoidably be at least a bit of it. What I'm terrified of is - 1. the usual "oooh, there's something but there's actually nothing" conclusion (Negima f.e.), and 2. the "there's definetly something, but you'll never know how it goes (f.e. To-LOVE-Ru). Those are the kinds I hate the most. If there wasn't going to be a conclusion from the get-go, then mangakas and novelists should just discard it entirely. That's what I think, at least.

And a quick edit: about his weaknesses. It's so obvious guys. His friends (as usual with this kind of protagonist). F.e. in the manga version (unrelated to the LNs, though), he did "take one for the team" when he protected the bunnygirl, but he just brushed it away as "wanting to have a feel of her thighs, and take a break". Otherwise, things I read up till now:
-Tricks: probably useless. Guy can sniff it out from a mile. Also, he's probably better at tricks then most of his adversaries.
-Traps: also useless. Even if he gets trapped, he just breaks out of it.
-Mind games: mostly, or (probably) completely useless. After all, he's not a brainless idiot, he's more like a genius in making. Also, he's quite the tactician and information gathering master.
-Direct confrontation: as stated above. Try smashing a star in his face. That might do the trick.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 09:39   Link #1017
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Yep, pretty much agreed there except on the romance part. Romance itself can be used as a sub-plot of some sort and not the focus of the story. It can be built from zero and without any plan. It's simple: just build the situation and character dynamics as you go then let them handle themselves. There's actually one fanfic writer who does just that and his romance tend to be good mostly because it came as natural rather than the "OMG I love him so much at first sight this is our twu wuve" or "I'm on the cover, I AM THE HEROINE! The situation shall suit me!" that tend to happen.

Romance is fine, just it shouldn't be the main plot when it clearly isn't. Kind of like what the Monogatari series did I guess?

On the science part, well it is an expectation that we have since he did pulled out some stupid pseudo-science BS and some (admittedly butchered) science terms. As usual, we do expect some logic in our stories but when they pulled something like that, it's even higher.
Old 2014-01-20, 10:06   Link #1018
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Well, that makes sense. Though I actually PREFER romance in my LN. Also science and some cosmology, legends, folk tales, perhaps some other props that somehow "realitylizes" fantasy. It's like a sci-fi MMO. Overall, it's good to have it.

Also, I'd like to point out something (far as I've seen, nobody did it yet) about the timeframes in this novel. It is stated that the community was destroyed 3 years prior to the beginning of the story, yet for at least 10 years prior to their coming to the Garden, Canaria was alredy on Earth (or she couldn't take Izayoi as a foster child). Also, 200 years prior to the story, she was fighting Azi Dahaka, while Yoh-s father was on Earth ~130ish years after Izayoi's time. Which means that although Bloodloli and Wabbit knows Izayoi's foster mother as well as Yoh's father, it's not actually sure that Jin does too. Simple explanation would be because of the multiple dimension stuff, and also that it's not clearly stated what Canaria's stuff was in the Community, only Yoh's father was (apparently) named as the leader (or maybe Canaria was too, hell knows). Perhaps they were BOTH leaders, just in different timeframes.
In other words : if you don't include the "severely butchered" science reference stuff, like the paralell worlds f.e., the whole novel's plot is absolute BS. So heck, there ya go.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 11:31   Link #1019
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

From what I've seen, LG seems to be a higher realm of some sorts. I don't know if the Parallel World rule also applies to it but from what I've seen of the mechanics, it seems to be like the contesting stage that controls the Outside World's history or something. Having a lot of LGs around together would make the point moot since someone from another LG could just modify it from there. Not only that though, it would imply an infinite set of infinite Earths since this one LG could even affects the future.

You know what, I'll subscribe to the words "Don't think about it, you'll just get a headache." Besides, it's Quantum Mechanics. The hardest subject in the world. I don't think the author even understand about it (heck, the forefathers themselves doesn't fully understand it because Quantum Mechanics). Still, on the timeline I think it's because they got thrown into different coordinate in space and time, and possibly different divergence point too (or World Line if we're going by Steins;Gate term).

On romance, there's a difference between romance as in relationship and romance as in story-element. Romance as in relationship is just that, the characters having progressing relationships. Romance in story-element hinges on the question "What is there to stop them?" and it could eat the whole plot away if one is not careful about it but is more realistic than just steadily progressing relationship. Personally, I prefer the latter but most writer can't seem to integrate them into the story. DxD actually succeeded in following the principle but wasn't griping enough. This series though... romance in either form just doesn't suit it. It would disrupt the entire dynamics and if the writer don't want that to happen, then the romance will shift to the second type that will undoubtedly eats away the whole plot, theme, and even genre as it tries to fix and progress things. This is a shounen high-fantasy LN with myths and science terms thrown around in it. Romance doesn't fit with neither the story, nor the characters. It would be a total asspull if he tried to pull it off.
Old 2014-01-20, 11:32   Link #1020
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
From what I've seen, LG seems to be a higher realm of some sorts. I don't know if the Parallel World rule also applies to it but from what I've seen of the mechanics, it seems to be like the contesting stage that controls the Outside World's history or something. Having a lot of LGs around together would make the point moot since someone from another LG could just modify it from there. Not only that though, it would imply an infinite set of infinite Earths since this one LG could even affects the future.

You know what, I'll subscribe to the words "Don't think about it, you'll just get a headache." Besides, it's Quantum Mechanics. The hardest subject in the world. I don't think the author even understand about it (heck, the forefathers themselves doesn't fully understand it because Quantum Mechanics). Still, on the timeline I think it's because they got thrown into different coordinate in space and time, and possibly different divergence point too (or World Line if we're going by Steins;Gate term).

On romance, there's a difference between romance as in relationship and romance as in story-element. Romance as in relationship is just that, the characters having progressing relationships. Romance in story-element hinges on the question "What is there to stop them?" and it could eat the whole plot away if one is not careful about it but is more realistic than just steadily progressing relationship. Personally, I prefer the latter but most writer can't seem to integrate them into the story. DxD actually succeeded in following the principle but wasn't griping enough. This series though... romance in either form just doesn't suit it. It would disrupt the entire dynamics and if the writer don't want that to happen, then the romance will shift to the second type that will undoubtedly eats away the whole plot, theme, and even genre as it tries to fix and progress things. This is a shounen high-fantasy LN with myths and science terms thrown around in it. Romance doesn't fit with neither the story, nor the characters. It would be a total asspull if he tried to pull it off.
Little Garden has been stated to be an observatory universe.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, sneaker bunko