AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-14, 16:58   Link #1201
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

I actually really did not like To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, mainly because the the main character and her fanbase pissed me off. I find Mikoto to be selfish, stubborn, childish, rash, and annoying, and Railgun was just Mikoto fanservice all the way. Her fanbase demands even more of her in Index II even though she just got an entire 24 episode anime spinoff complete with OVA with the manga still continuing (and it even got licensed while Index's manga didn't. WTH IS WITH THAT LOGIC? HOW CAN YOU BRING OVER A SPINOFF AND NOT THE ORIGINAL?). She also invaded the opening with at least 20 seconds of screentime and is listed as a main character even though she's just a side character in Index.

I actually didn't mind the Judgment cases and thought they were pretty cool, but once Mikoto went off on a tangent and did things on her own without listening to anyone else just because she thought only her way of thinking was right, my facepalming ensued. I didn't think too badly of her from the start, but as I watched Railgun it really showed me how shallow and boring a character Mikoto really is.

Sorry for anyone who actually likes Railgun here, but it's not a show interesting enough for me. I'm an Index light novel fan all the way.
Old 2010-11-14, 17:31   Link #1202
Andrelol

Cowboy Bebop... Mediocre series... But everyone loves it. ;(
Old 2010-11-15, 03:24   Link #1203
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
They are :

Naruto- l don't like him because he's "playing dumb", ohhh, he isn't? Then he's stupid, (pardon me)

Bleach-I don't know l'm just tired of seeing new, then new charaters every episodes....its getting complicated

One Piece- He is just like chewing gum, its good to chew but you can't swallow it. You have to spit it out.

Note; My opinion only....
Old 2010-11-17, 01:25   Link #1204
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I'll play along with this topic just once

Generally speaking there's likely to be a legitimate reason an anime reaches the level of popularity that it does, and the few anime I do hate either don't exist (Tsukihime, Umineko) or aren't well-known to begin with (Tytania, A Certain Scientific Railgun). That said, I give the (dis)honor to InuYasha. I'll admit that when I started my Otaku career it was a fun show to watch, but then you stop and realize that Naraku is going to do the same thing over and over for a hundred something episodes and Takahashi loves her life.

On the fripSide, I would list El Cazador de la Bruja and Tears to Tiara, among others. The chemistry between Nadie and Ellis is adorable while Tears to Tiara is an incredibly cheesy but fun show.
GANBARIMASU
Old 2010-11-17, 20:55   Link #1205
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

What are you talking about? To Aru Kagaku no Railgun is really popular and well known. Which makes me mad since I really do not like it.
Old 2010-11-17, 22:26   Link #1206
OgodItsKanon
ばかな王女様
*Artist

Bleach. I used to like it, but then it started to drag on... and on... and on. Especially when the battle with Aizen started, that was when I left the series.
Old 2010-11-17, 23:39   Link #1207
Amutox89
~ the odd one ~

I can't stand any complicated game anime- like Yu-gi-oh (actually, I liked the first season of Yu-gi-oh, probably because I watched it when I was real young and it used to play on CN - after they went all GX and so forth I just gave up on it) or Bakugan (if you can even bring yourself to consider Bakugan a proper anime, it's so incredibly bad I don't even want to call it an anime. It's just bad.)

Cowboy Bebop. Never really liked that.

I really dislike mecha. Anything mecha, I just don't like.
Old 2010-11-18, 04:09   Link #1208
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
What are you talking about? To Aru Kagaku no Railgun is really popular and well known. Which makes me mad since I really do not like it.
Well, this is a surprise, coming from a fan of Toaru Majutsu no Index.
I'm a fan of both, but I loved the flow of the story in Railgun which is better than in Index, which is clearly suffering from the challenges of adaptation.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-11-18, 04:35   Link #1209
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

A big one I'm not fond of but everyone seems to like is Highschool of the Dead.

I read the manga about 10 chapters in then stopped, and I just couldn't get into it. The premise is just like any other zombie themed series except with tons of fanservice. It doesn't offer anything unique to it's scenario and I really didn't end up caring about any of the characters. The kind of comedy it had wasn't in my taste either.

From what I've seen around the web I'd probably dislike the anime adaptation even more.

Not sure what everyone else sees in it cause I sure didn't.

....Actually, I probably already do know. =/
Old 2010-11-18, 08:14   Link #1210
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Strike witches
Haruhi
K-on
ghost in a shell
Old 2010-11-18, 10:08   Link #1211
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
A big one I'm not fond of but everyone seems to like is Highschool of the Dead.

I read the manga about 10 chapters in then stopped, and I just couldn't get into it. The premise is just like any other zombie themed series except with tons of fanservice. It doesn't offer anything unique to it's scenario and I really didn't end up caring about any of the characters. The kind of comedy it had wasn't in my taste either.

From what I've seen around the web I'd probably dislike the anime adaptation even more.

Not sure what everyone else sees in it cause I sure didn't.

....Actually, I probably already do know. =/
Ah that reminds I never mentioned that series in this thread, as someone who isn't really a fan of the zombie genre/theme/etc, I definitely dislike the series saw two episodes [not my choice really either] and really didn't like it at all.
MAL
Old 2010-11-18, 17:07   Link #1212
Yang

I never got why people loved Clannad and cried manly tears at the end of After Story, I found the first season painful to finish, it just got boring, maybe I just really hate dramas.

Also Cowboy Bebop, after hearing about how amazing it was, it turned out to be quite mediocre except for the nice arc at the end and a few episodes, so more like pretty good but no where near what I was expecting...

There must be others, damn I'm forgetful xD I actually stopped looking at ratings before watching a show, always watch first or else I get caught up comparing the show to it's rating <_<
Old 2010-11-18, 23:25   Link #1213
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Define the level of "well-known" you're talking about here, because I doubt Railgun has even a Code Geass-level fame trend, and that's being generous to begin with.
GANBARIMASU
Old 2010-11-19, 16:05   Link #1214
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto View Post
Define the level of "well-known" you're talking about here, because I doubt Railgun has even a Code Geass-level fame trend, and that's being generous to begin with.
Railgun is easily one of the best known animes of the past year. Code Geass is a tier up from that: it's one of the best known animes of the past five years. The bigger philosophical question for this thread is whether well known and "everyone seems to like" are the same thing - many of the best known shows out there have sizeable hatedoms.

Personally, I actually liked Railgun but fail to see why it's so much better loved than it predecessor (not to mention a few other shows I can think of).

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2010-11-19, 19:33   Link #1215
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Railgun is easily one of the best known animes of the past year. Code Geass is a tier up from that: it's one of the best known animes of the past five years. The bigger philosophical question for this thread is whether well known and "everyone seems to like" are the same thing - many of the best known shows out there have sizeable hatedoms.

Personally, I actually liked Railgun but fail to see why it's so much better loved than it predecessor (not to mention a few other shows I can think of).
Wait.. So your saying Railgun was more loved then Index I? I find this really hard to believe, or was I mistaking this...
Old 2010-11-19, 19:45   Link #1216
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Wait.. So your saying Railgun was more loved then Index I? I find this really hard to believe, or was I mistaking this...
I certainly think that's true in Japan, where Railgun DVDs and Blurays sold essentially double what Index's discs did. I don't have any similar data regarding western fans' preferences, although I do remember a number of people commenting that Railgun fixed some of the issues they had with Index (excessive exposition, Touma (and Index herself) coming across as annoying, etc.).

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2010-11-19, 20:01   Link #1217
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I certainly think that's true in Japan, where Railgun DVDs and Blurays sold essentially double what Index's discs did. I don't have any similar data regarding western fans' preferences, although I do remember a number of people commenting that Railgun fixed some of the issues they had with Index (excessive exposition, Touma (and Index herself) coming across as annoying, etc.).
Well I guess with someone like BiriBiri, you just can't say no to her own version of To Aru cant you...
Old 2010-11-19, 22:27   Link #1218
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
The only "important numbers" are the ratings *in Japan* and the sales of DVD/bluray *in Japan*. A few thousand people babbling on internet forums from all over the planet don't count.
Old 2010-11-19, 22:32   Link #1219
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The only "important numbers" are the ratings *in Japan* and the sales of DVD/bluray *in Japan*. A few thousand people babbling on internet forums from all over the planet don't count.
as most ppl on animesuki arent japanese, i cant imagine how you would come to such a conclusion. unless it was thick sarcasm. i don't understand sarcasm on the net that well, so...
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
Old 2010-11-19, 22:35   Link #1220
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiffer View Post
as most ppl on animesuki arent japanese, i cant imagine how you would come to such a conclusion. unless it was thick sarcasm. i don't understand sarcasm on the net that well, so...
Animesuki is not "everyone", its only a few thousand people at most. Most anime forums likewise. So when someone says "everyone likes..." they are actually talking about a very small crowd. The important people to the makers of anime are the *japanese national* viewers -- most of us are just outsiders peering in.