lol :P
sorry i didn't actually mean it
Old 2008-06-07, 14:32   Link #42
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I prefer staying from making that kind of thread until and unless the story starts shifting in that direction. As of now, Sheryl and Ranka seem to be more interested in each other (get your mind out of the gutter! ) than in Alto, so I feel that it's still premature.

It'd be better to leave this kind of discussion in the episode threads (where they probably fit better anyways) than to create a new thread for this. As long as the show is still listed by AnimeSuki and unlicenced (and it's probably going to stay that way ), I don't see a problem with such comparisons.
I think the series as well as the discussion for it has started to shift in that direction as of now such that a "Macross Love Triangle" type thread would probably be quite popular for people. It's a passionate topic that people are engaging and arguing in that I think doesn't always necessarily belong in an episode thread itself, but a thread of it's own.

Besides personally I feel that the discussion of Alto x Ranka vs. Alto x Sheryl is starting to dominate the episode discussions themselves (as in overall content) such that it is probably better for people to have somewhere to really get into the topic uninterrupted and specifically.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 15:04   Link #43
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I believe there should be no problems with a romance discussion thread. A sufficient number of people seem interested in the topic and the show itself certainly gives enough ground for such speculation to take place. Just keep in mind that we don't condone blatant "X vs Y" like you seem to be suggesting.

Romance in Macross discussion thread created.
Old 2008-06-13, 03:51   Link #44
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Requesting Favorite Character Thread Part 1?
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 12:03   Link #45
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

One thread idea that might be worthwhile is a thread dedicated to humor and parody. Another idea (depending on the information available) is a thread dedicated to the three (or more) official character blogs that are currently up. Both elements seem to be intermingled with the romance thread at the moment.
Swampstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 07:53   Link #46
Westlo
Lets be reality

How about a fav valkyrie/mecha poll? We need confirmation of the yf-19's dominance in the heart of Macross fans
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 03:16   Link #47
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
How about a fav valkyrie/mecha poll? We need confirmation of the yf-19's dominance in the heart of Macross fans
The subject of discussion sounds very limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Requesting Favorite Character Thread Part 1?
We will give the series one more episode before we do the thread. In the mean time, would anyone mind doing a list for characters that should be in the poll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
One thread idea that might be worthwhile is a thread dedicated to humor and parody. Another idea (depending on the information available) is a thread dedicated to the three (or more) official character blogs that are currently up. Both elements seem to be intermingled with the romance thread at the moment.
The thread might be considered if you have a good opening post. Post it here if you will.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 04:39   Link #48
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Requesting Macross Frontier Manga Thread.
Old 2008-07-02, 19:03   Link #49
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I think we should have a thread about the ACES of various Macross series, II included

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 19:25   Link #50
zalem

Characters from Macross F:

Alto Saotome
Sheryl Nome
Ranka Lee
Brera Sterne
Ozma Lee
Cathy Glass
Klan Klan
Mikhail Blanc (aka Michel)
Luca Angeloni
Nanase Matsuura
Canaria Berstein
Leon Mishima
Howard Glass
Grace O'Connor
Bobby Margot
Nene Rora
Raramia Rerenia

...Is that all the important ones or am I missing something. Not sure about the romanizations either. There's also the Bridge Bunnies...but I don't know their names.
Old 2008-07-03, 19:27   Link #51
Terra

Alto, Sheryl and Ranka already have their own topics, and there's a general character discussion thread kicking around somewhere for Macross F.
Old 2008-07-03, 19:29   Link #52
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I think that was the listing for the first half favorite character poll.

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 19:42   Link #53
Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I think that was the listing for the first half favorite character poll.

Well it is 1:30am here so mistakes can happen. That and I didn't remember a recent request for a character poll
Old 2008-07-03, 19:52   Link #54
zalem

Monir asked for a list of characters for the poll, so that's what the list is. Does anyone else need to be added?
Old 2008-07-06, 21:04   Link #55
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Well it's not a request for a new thread, but may I request a sticky post in the Character Discussion Thread dedicated to their respective blog entries which can be updated along the way? I suggest Ickem be the one updating the Sheryl Nome Thread as he's the translator for it, and lonewolf for the Ranka Thread...

I would suggest the Alto Thread too, but he's being very in character by writing nothing in it. -_-
Old 2008-07-06, 21:57   Link #56
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Well it's not a request for a new thread, but may I request a sticky post in the Character Discussion Thread dedicated to their respective blog entries which can be updated along the way? I suggest Ickem be the one updating the Sheryl Nome Thread as he's the translator for it, and lonewolf for the Ranka Thread...

I would suggest the Alto Thread too, but he's being very in character by writing nothing in it. -_-

I'm flattered but lately I haven't been motivated to visit Ranka's blog as my respect for her dwindled a bit.

I'll try to get off my duff and start translating again if needed. I should actually translate where I left off but I think a couple people have translated the latest entries.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 09:50   Link #57
Westlo
Lets be reality

How about a thread for Macross Fufonfia​? 01 and 02 now on torrents.
Old 2008-07-17, 15:23   Link #58
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
How about a thread for Macross Fufonfia​? 01 and 02 now on torrents.
Yup, I plan to create such a thread (one thread for all the mini 90 second episodes) as well as listing the torrents on AnimeSuki. More likely will be tomorrow.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 09:58   Link #59
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Second try.

Is it possible to create a new thread Macross Frontier Blog Entries, as each heroine has an official blog written by the staff. The blogs showed events that happens alongside the timeline of the aired episodes.

Ickem has been translating the blog entries and posting them in the Romance thread, which comes with one or two pages of us talking about each entry, which is good but also out of place. I think a new thread dedicated to the official blog entries, where we can also discuss them, is reasonable, as I checked a few other sub-forums and some of them have their own original threads too (Suzumiya Haruhi has a thread dedicated to gender-bending, for example.)
Old 2008-07-18, 10:00   Link #60
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yeah the blogs kinda get lost in the shipping crossfire, probably have about a good 100 posts in total for the blog translations + discussion.