AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-02, 23:28   Link #1861
cynicalicious
I like pie.

I've been looking forward to this episode for a while now, especially for the look of utter disbelief on Koromo's face.

And I'm really looking forward to next week, for various reasons. *cough*

But that goes back to the original question: if they wrap up the prefectural qualifiers next week, what happens for the next 4-5 episodes after that?

Do we get to finally see Kyoutaro's mad manly mahjong skills in the boys' individual tournament? (Or do we see him get crushed in the first round?)

It would be amusing to see him do well in the individual tournament, considering he's been routinely getting crushed by some very good players/monsters.

I just hope it's not 4 weeks of flashbacks. -_-
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 00:34   Link #1862
Key Board
Carbon

I hope the original author worked with the anime production team so they can end this tournament in almost near unision

Scrapped Princess and Toradora ended that way too
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 02:11   Link #1863
Forever
Revealing the truth

Finally, koromo is getting owned by everyone. Serves her right for underestimating everyone.

The preview dont look promising.
Old 2009-08-03, 02:46   Link #1864
tsunade666

The last part of episode 18 is about half of chapter 49. Considering a bit of flash back but still its 2 chapters to go. And its hurting for a 2 month wait for a chapter.

really I love this anime despite that I don't have any knowledge of mahjong. Looking at saki and everyone's yuri add up the excitement in the middle of the match is enough to satisfy me.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 03:36   Link #1865
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Looks like the rule for Saki's victory is there. If Koromo plays into her kan and she tsumos off that, with another 24000 points hand, she can take the lead.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 03:42   Link #1866
kniteowl

Riichi Mahjong scoring confuses the hell outta me, so kana got a technical yakuman by getting more then 13 han.

Is a han a fan?

Tsumo (Winning on a draw)
Riichi (Declaring Tenpai)
Ippatsu (Winning within 1 round after declaring Riichi)
pinfu (All sequences)
īpeikō (Two sequences of the same numbered tiles in the same suit.)
sanshoku (Three sequences of the same numbers in all three suits.
junchan (Pure terminal-based hand)
3 Dora

If each of the things I listed above only count for 1 han, then there's only 10 han including 3 dora, am I missing something...???

Whoever declared that kan to reveal the 9 Bamboo must regret it lol.

As for this episode, I was half expecting Saki to declare 4 Kans... but turning a cheap hand into a high scoring is just as epic...

Kana's back in the game... how many times was she so close at winning those high scoring hands... but lost out because of Saki... I'd be gutted too lol.

I loved the music when she goes all out in that yakuman hand... everyone on her team was were so shocked at all those risky moves she took just to get that hand lol... I wonder if such a hand like hers could happen.... now I know, could you get the same hand with a yakuman score like hesr except being terminals, they were ALL SIMPLES?

Not much Yumi action except the Momo flashback and the one hand where she broke up her East Kan to fool everyone, that was a pretty slick move, reminded me of the chankan 3 episodes ago where she broke up her South concealed Triple.

Wow... i just realized Koromo hasn't won a single hand this south round yet... hmmm...
kniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 03:50   Link #1867
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
Riichi Mahjong scoring confuses the hell outta me, so kana got a technical yakuman by getting more then 13 han.

Is a han a fan?

Tsumo (Winning on a draw)
Riichi (Declaring Tenpai)
Ippatsu (Winning within 1 round after declaring Riichi)
pinfu (All sequences)
īpeikō (Two sequences of the same numbered tiles in the same suit.)
sanshoku (Three sequences of the same numbers in all three suits.
junchan (Pure terminal-based hand)
3 Dora

If each of the things I listed above only count for 1 han, then there's only 10 han including 3 dora, am I missing something...???
http://www.reachmahjong.com/home/ind...d=75&Itemid=83

Sanshoku's worth 2 han, and junchan 3. That adds up to 13.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 03:58   Link #1868
paraalso

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
Having a terminal in each set is worth 3 han concealed, and an identical set in each suit is worth 2 hand concealed. With those it's 13 han.

Quote:
Whoever declared that kan to reveal the 9 Bamboo must regret it lol.
Actually I think the 9 bamboo was the Ura-dora, so there was no kan declaration.

But even if it was a new dora from a kan, quite the opposite it's actually beneficial for Yumi and Saki to have Kana win once herself after Saki gave her that win the first time. If she only had 17k points, she'd still be in danger of getting killed by Koromo in one round. Saki would also have to be careful with winning with Tsumos since 17k points won't last that long.

Saki was East for that yakuman, so she did have to pay more than the other two, but it's still not necessarily that bad for her. For Yumi it's a very good thing for Kana to win a tsumo Yakuman, since it doesn't change the point balance between her and Koromo, but now Kana is no longer in any danger of getting killed in one round.
paraalso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 06:07   Link #1869
Peanutbutter

Contrary to the views here, I felt that Ep 18 lacked the dramatic impact of Ep 17.

At least I didn't feel the same watching the same part as in the anime as compared in the manga.

And boy, they're gonna go past the manga source in the next episode? LolGonzo? or well-done Gonzo?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 06:18   Link #1870
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
And boy, they're gonna go past the manga source in the next episode? LolGonzo? or well-done Gonzo?
It's not even upto Gonzo anymore. They're not the main studio in charge of production anymore.
Old 2009-08-03, 06:33   Link #1871
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's not even upto Gonzo anymore. They're not the main studio in charge of production anymore.
How about storyboard and stuff?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 06:48   Link #1872
arkxkra
全力全開

ep18 is great, the last game of this episodeis awesome, although i have read manga already, but anime is more impact if compare. Saki able cut everyone, good job.
Old 2009-08-03, 06:56   Link #1873
kniteowl

*shrugs*... who know what the next 5-7 filler episodes will be,

I hope it's more Hisa.... maybe a match between Hisa, Koromo, Yumi & Mihoko.

OR a Nodoka revenge match with Fujita

Or maybe a fan service beach episode, due to the new ending theme lol.

btw I reckon, I reckon Kana looks cuter without the cat ears. they're so random :S...

Koromo on the other hand might look better with actual bunny ear, although she's already has the head band that look like bunny ears... but I want actual bunny ears lol.
kniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 07:14   Link #1874
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Well, there's still some part where Koromo's 'real power' would be shown. I wonder if 'that' is going to take 1 episode to explain

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 07:58   Link #1875
tsunade666

That will take only one episode. In the preview. I already see the chapter 51 on it. But they conceal all that has not been shown in the manga yet...... Waiting dead for the next episode.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 08:42   Link #1876
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

The manga should catch up this week or the next (If I remember it correctly). . so maybe if they do Toradora, we will have the same thing happened as in the manga on the next episode :>

I don't mind if their going to give us some filler episode after this match ~ though, I hope for some epic match in it

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 08:53   Link #1877
Midonin
Last Engage

This is very interesting. A second Saki Character Song Album was just confirmed. The first one covered all the most popular characters (ie. the "explicit yuri pairing[s]" and the cousins), so I'm guessing this one is...second-tier characters, perhaps?
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 08:57   Link #1878
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
This is very interesting. A second Saki Character Song Album was just confirmed. The first one covered all the most popular characters (ie. the "explicit yuri pairing[s]" and the cousins), so I'm guessing this one is...second-tier characters, perhaps?
Actually, the first album had all the taishou (final round players) from the qualifiers. You yes, all had explicit yuri pairings. Though I'm not sure Koromo really has a yuri pairing (maybe I just want to keep her for myself).
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 10:12   Link #1879
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Actually, the first album had all the taishou (final round players) from the qualifiers. You yes, all had explicit yuri pairings. Though I'm not sure Koromo really has a yuri pairing (maybe I just want to keep her for myself).
She's too busy being sekuhara'd by Fujita. =X

18 was a good episode, even if it would make statisticians weep.
Old 2009-08-03, 10:26   Link #1880
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
She's too busy being sekuhara'd by Fujita. =X

18 was a good episode, even if it would make statisticians weep.
... and Nodoka probably doesn't believe any of it ever happened.
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
competition, mahjong, seinen