AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-27, 18:14   Link #181
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
I think they should get new Wanted POSTERS. Poor Sanji and Chopper really deserve better ones .
With Sanji's luck, his new wanted poster will be of him his okama outfit.
Old 2010-08-27, 21:11   Link #182
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Ambition to be the best swordsman int he world can be seen as wanting to 'lead'.

Smoker doesn't question Aokiji's methods.

Their philosophies are very similar.

are you confusing Aokiji with Akainu?
Yeah, I messed up. I was going to write my full predictions for the 2 year time skip. I flipped Aokiji and Akainu around.

Anyhow, I don't see Aokiji as fleet admiral during a time of war. He's too much of a moderate. The WG may skip him.

Akainu seems like the obvious choice in a time of war. He killed Ace and probably landed the killing blow on WB. He'd probably be the first choice. But... he's too good to sit behind a desk like Sengoku. He'll probably be in charge of the forces waging war in the New World.

Smoker won't make full Admiral in two years. Too many skilled Vice Admirals above him. He's going off to the new world with Aokiji's blessing. Akainu is already seen making his moves in the NW. I see them both working together and clashing on "methods." Akainu will kill anyone in his way. Smoker will probably get pissed off about this.

Kizaru seems to be the admiral most involved in black ops and AREA 51 type of stuff. He's off fighting his own little wars, harassing pirates without arresting them, and just plain out acting goofy and menacing while holding back his true power. Although he's kind of a Wild Card in terms of justice... his powers would make him an interesting fleet admiral. He'd be able to go out into the field and return to his office quickly. I wish he doesn't become FA, since I think he could be a mole for the revolutionaries or a potential ally down the line. His powers make him the perfect foil for the prince of darkness, Blackbeard.

Jewelry Bonney can control aging. Her powers could be very useful to the WG to keep certain people alive.
-she could carry Ace's child for a long time, would be able to control its development
- could probably have the ability to bring back the dead. her powers may just not control age, but cells
- could rejuvenate a former fleet admiral, bring him/her out of retirement.

She's either knocked up by Ace, will be forced into rejuvenating someone, or will bring back someone from the dead.

Last edited by mechalord; 2010-08-27 at 21:24.
Old 2010-08-28, 00:02   Link #183
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
other SPNovas won't get that treatment .. they may have bounties, but they don't have :
2) a captain who invaded Marineford (TWICE) and fought EVERYONE there, including the 3 admirals AT ONCE & the Fleet Admiral & The Hero of the Marines and many more
3) said captain also successfully invaded and broke out of ID, releasing hundreds .. survived Magellan, who could be admiral level
2) The first time he invaded Marineford, he had the help of 240 escaped convicts from Impel Down. The second time he was accompanied by Rayleigh and Jimbei. As for his fights at Marineford, he didn't stand a chance against the big players. He's still a small fry.

3) With the help of Hancock and the Impel Down escapees, of course. Luffy would have died if it were not for Ivankov treating his fatally poisonous injuries.

I understand your point, but sometimes Luffy is given a little too much credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
His (Kizaru's) powers make him the perfect foil for the prince of darkness, Blackbeard.
No they don't. This is a common misconception. Light merely being the opposite of darkness doesn't mean it's the answer to defeating Blackbeard. It doesn't matter what the DF ability is, for they are all rendered useless once Blackbeard grabs a hold of his opponents. Nothing can escape the gravitational pull of the darkness, and therefore light is no exception (Blackbeard himself mentioned that not even light can escape). Blackbeard's only weakness is that he takes more damage than he normally would.
Old 2010-08-28, 02:35   Link #184
Distinction

Non of the admirals is qualified to be the next FA. More than strenght they need to be smart and strategic. Every one of the current admirals would give more harm than benefits for the marines imo.
Old 2010-08-28, 06:09   Link #185
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
2) The first time he invaded Marineford, he had the help of 240 escaped convicts from Impel Down. The second time he was accompanied by Rayleigh and Jimbei. As for his fights at Marineford, he didn't stand a chance against the big players. He's still a small fry.

3) With the help of Hancock and the Impel Down escapees, of course. Luffy would have died if it were not for Ivankov treating his fatally poisonous injuries.

I understand your point, but sometimes Luffy is given a little too much credit.
you have to look at the WG's perspective, seeing as there the one's who will decided how much attention a bounty will get from the marines... Such as they don't know how Luffy invaded impel Down and nor how he survived Magellan's poison. The only thing they know for sure is that he invaded impel down and lead a successful breakout... they outright say that Luffy and Buggy were the leaders and prime offenders in the breakout. Hell they probably care more about the fact that Luffy is dragon's son than the actions he took at marine HQ; that fact alone will warrant he get more attention than ANY other supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinction View Post
Non of the admirals is qualified to be the next FA. More than strenght they need to be smart and strategic. Every one of the current admirals would give more harm than benefits for the marines imo.
What makes you say that... Akainu For instance managed to trick one of Whitebeard's loyal sons into stabbing him in the chest. Aokiji for his part has been keeping tabs on Robin for the past 20 years, where as the rest of the marines were at a lost of managing to capture her; he probably could have captured her anytime in the last 20 years if he really wanted to. Frankly, the admirals have not really had the screentime to really show their strategic abilities, but we can be pretty damn certain that one of them will become Fleet Admiral from the previous chapter.
Old 2010-08-28, 06:38   Link #186
Kallen4life

I'm damn sure Kizaru can't be a FA (unless he gets off whatever crack he and Marco are taking 24/7)

Aokiji's alright, if a bit lazy

Akainu is ok too even though there'd be DRASTIC changes if he were FA

Sengoku was the best though

Quote:
Akainu For instance managed to trick one of Whitebeard's loyal sons into stabbing him in the chest
as far as I understood the idea was Sengoku's .. just like everything the marines did in the war .. Akainu does get credit though for reading Ace like a book and showing immense trolling skills, resulting in Ace's death
Old 2010-08-28, 06:39   Link #187
Distinction

As far i know the idea to trick Squad was from Sengoku. I dont talk about normal intelligence but the intelligence to rule the whole marine and i doubt from 1 screen to another there will be "strategist akainu" and same with the other 2.

The best solution is to promote Tsuru to fa imo. Or some capable Va because u dont have to be the strongest to lead. Although in OP the leader are always the strongest so i dunno.

But letting a killing machine rule the marine would be rly silly.
Old 2010-08-28, 06:44   Link #188
Kallen4life

but in time where a new pirate era is starting (or revitalizing) after WB's last words and the balance is shifting so much maybe they need someone like Akainu
Old 2010-08-28, 08:25   Link #189
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

They need sum1 like Akainu on the frontlines....kicking ass.
Old 2010-08-28, 17:11   Link #190
marvelB

Well, since it pretty much seems to be all the rage, I guess I'll make my own list of post-timeskip predictions:

-Luffy will take Whitebeard's place as the guardian of Merman Island (makes a lot of sense to me. Plus, it would be a great way for the Straw-Hats to make a huge splash on the world again after laying low for 2 years....).

-Blackbeard will have taken Whitebeard's place as emperor (another obvious prediction, of course). I also strongly believe that he will kill off Shanks at some point.....

-Due to the events of this chapter, Zoro and Mihawk will probably never have a proper matchup. In fact, I'm actually starting to agree with the theory that Mihawk will eventually be killed by Shiryuu (sorry, still not used to Shiliew yet ), who in turn will become the new object of Zoro's ambition (and revenge)....

-Crocodile and Daz Bones will form a kind of "Neo" Baroque Works in the New World, with some of the members possibly being some of the escaped level 6 convicts....

-I'm actually kinda expecting Law to become an ally of sorts towards Luffy's crew. I mean, he already helped him out at Marineford, and the fact that he decided to chill out at Sabaody seems to indicate that he'll head for the NW at around the same time as Luffy's crew. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw him back up Luffy during the Merman Island storyline.....

-Moria will have created a new zombie army (hopefully with Oars Jr. in tow, as well). However, I'm also kinda thinking that the shadow man will decide to improve his personal fighting skills as well, considering what happened to him at Thriller Bark and Marineford. I also agree with the theory that he, like Crocodile, will have become neutral towards Luffy when he reappears

-I won't touch upon the FA situation for now, but I do believe that Smoker will have become an admiral or at LEAST a VA by this time (and for Tashigi, probably commodore). As for Coby, I don't see him jumping up in rank so quickly, despite how talented he may be. I suspect that he will be around captain-level after the skip, but not admiral (that would basically require a Naruto-esque power jump ). Meanwhile, poor Helmeppo will forever remain one step behind his partner. (BTW, it would be awesome to see Jango and Fullbody rise up in rank, too. )

-Vegapunk will create newer, stronger models of Pacifista, and will probably drop the Kuma clone design altogether (instead he may model them after other famous pirates, or use more original designs, which I would prefer). I also suspect that he (or someone connected to him) is making some shady dealings with Doflamingo. My best guess is that they're working together to revive one of the ancient weapons or something (I think that would make sense, as Dofla seems to be quite well-connected, and Vegapunk is an expert in creating weaponry)....

-Speaking of Kuma, I figure that he has enough humanity left in him to be of some assistance to Luffy's crew, and probably relocated the Sunny to another location in order to keep it safe from the marines/bounty hunters. I also suspect that he colleague Dragon will share a small piece of the lost history with Robin.....

I could list several more things (half of them involving Buggy, naturally ), but I figure that this post is long enough as it is. Plus, there's really no rush to do so anyhow, what with the 4-week wait and all......
Old 2010-08-28, 17:23   Link #191
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
-Luffy will take Whitebeard's place as the guardian of Merman Island (makes a lot of sense to me. Plus, it would be a great way for the Straw-Hats to make a huge splash on the world again after laying low for 2 years....).

-Blackbeard will have taken Whitebeard's place as emperor (another obvious prediction, of course). I also strongly believe that he will kill off Shanks at some point.....

-Due to the events of this chapter, Zoro and Mihawk will probably never have a proper matchup. In fact, I'm actually starting to agree with the theory that Mihawk will eventually be killed by Shiryuu (sorry, still not used to Shiliew yet ), who in turn will become the new object of Zoro's ambition (and revenge)....

-Crocodile and Daz Bones will form a kind of "Neo" Baroque Works in the New World, with some of the members possibly being some of the escaped level 6 convicts....

-I'm actually kinda expecting Law to become an ally of sorts towards Luffy's crew. I mean, he already helped him out at Marineford, and the fact that he decided to chill out at Sabaody seems to indicate that he'll head for the NW at around the same time as Luffy's crew. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw him back up Luffy during the Merman Island storyline.....
Nice, albeit conservative predictions, would be pretty cool if it happened

Quote:
I could list several more things (half of them involving Buggy, naturally ),
Thank God you didn't.
Old 2010-08-28, 17:50   Link #192
Kallen4life

if Shanks dies I'll go NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

same for Shiryuu beating Mihawk

good point about Smoker maybe being admiral .. way to keep them logia-exclusive .. though not very likely
Old 2010-08-28, 21:53   Link #193
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
good point about Smoker maybe being admiral .. way to keep them logia-exclusive .. though not very likely
I can see Smoker being a fa in the long run, when Coby becomes admiral.

But not now, considering how Akainu is the most likely candidate to be FA.

Akainu would probably beat Smoker to keep him in line. I think its more likely that Smoker quits the Marines then follow Aka Inu =/
Old 2010-08-28, 22:12   Link #194
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Wielding all three Haki powers
Now that this Haki thing has been cleared up I think out of all the Straw Hat Crews , Luffy and Zoro will be the only Straw Hat Crew members to be able use all three haki. Haōshoku Haki (Color of the Conquering King), Busōshoku Haki (Color of Armaments), and Kenbunshoku Haki(Mantra). The rest of the straw hat crews will be able to use haki but not all three. This is kind of cool.
Old 2010-08-28, 22:49   Link #195
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

All the predictions/discussions are burning out...and september didn't even hit yet

Don't die yet thread-kun!
Old 2010-08-29, 00:16   Link #196
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Keeping this going for four weeks will be hard even with all the possible outcomes this cliffhanger has left us with. Only one thing is certain: whatever unlucky bastard(s) decide to provoke the Straw Hats after they resume their journey are going to get a truly epic curb-stomping.
Old 2010-08-29, 02:40   Link #197
Distinction

Common guys isnt it megaaaaaa sad that everyone see Smoker as an admiral just because of his stupid Logia. To bad the good old times were people with just manpower could rise to an admiral ---> Garp are gone.
Old 2010-08-29, 04:51   Link #198
John D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Vegapunk will create newer, stronger models of Pacifista, and will probably drop the Kuma clone design altogether (instead he may model them after other famous pirates, or use more original designs, which I would prefer). I also suspect that he (or someone connected to him) is making some shady dealings with Doflamingo. My best guess is that they're working together to revive one of the ancient weapons or something (I think that would make sense, as Dofla seems to be quite well-connected, and Vegapunk is an expert in creating weaponry)....
Regarding the ancient weapons, I thought about possible parallels between the weapons and their namesake in mythology that could give an indication of their powers or role.

The weapon Poseidon namesake is the greece God of the Sea, ergo it might be connected to the sea - the nemesis of Devil Fruits. Pluton is named after Pluto (the roman God of the underworld) and could be connected to the underworld - The Devil (Fruits). Maybe Pluton (and Hades?) were used to create and/or disperse Devil Fruits into the world, and Poseidon (and Neptune?) are a counter to Devil Fruit powers somehow?
Old 2010-08-29, 05:44   Link #199
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
Now that this Haki thing has been cleared up I think out of all the Straw Hat Crews , Luffy and Zoro will be the only Straw Hat Crew members to be able use all three haki. Haōshoku Haki (Color of the Conquering King), Busōshoku Haki (Color of Armaments), and Kenbunshoku Haki(Mantra). The rest of the straw hat crews will be able to use haki but not all three. This is kind of cool.
I'm sure Sanji will also have King's haki.

He has always paralleled Zoro and I don't see this stopping now.
Old 2010-08-29, 07:31   Link #200
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
But what I really like to see is how everyone is going to look after those two years. Maybe Luffy will have a beard and start lo look like Gold Roger.
The most facial hair i expect to see Luffy with is the amount we saw in one of the romances of dawn... namely just rough and unshaven, but not an actual beard
Anyway, he's some fanart someguy made

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinction View Post
Common guys isnt it megaaaaaa sad that everyone see Smoker as an admiral just because of his stupid Logia. To bad the good old times were people with just manpower could rise to an admiral ---> Garp are gone.
Actually i think it would be good path for the story... I mean as Luffy grows he will become more infamous and as such more powerful marines will be sent after him. Smoker is now chasing an infamous man, but eventually he will be chasing the most infamous man... and it is only natural that someone as powerful as an admiral be sent to deal with Luffy
When it comes down to it, Smoker was the first marine to realize Luffy's true potential (ok so technically that was garp) and sought to crush it while it was still young

Last edited by Slayerx; 2010-08-29 at 07:44.
Closed Thread