AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-04-22, 17:47   Link #461
Kyuu
=^^=

Speculate: how much more manga material needs to be done before an animated version of the national's tournament?
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 18:39   Link #462
GlancingReverse

A year or two at the very least, I'd think.
GlancingReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 15:36   Link #463
King-Slayer

i think by the end of this year they could do another season of Saki. By then they would be at least into the Semi-Finals and the animation studio could add the individual tournament as well.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 11:59   Link #464
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Still waiting for the god tier players to take their places. Currently its only the youkai tier players like Nodoka
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 01:58   Link #465
dingmajiao

I think it'll take a long time before they can do an S2..
Having material is one thing, making an S2 is another though..

So I'm not really putting much hope..
Can't wait for the june release of c83..
Can't they just skip the vice-captain.. LOL.. Nodoka sucks..

But it'll be nice to see the miko own Nodoka though..

Last edited by dingmajiao; 2011-05-17 at 04:58.
dingmajiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 02:04   Link #466
Used Can

I haven't read this manga in ages. Has there been more yuri antics?
Old 2011-06-04, 18:09   Link #467
King-Slayer

Wow someone translated 81 - 83 pretty fast, i must thank them. In 83 we see a flashback and it seems Kinue likes her sister.... a lot . Also Hatsumi (the naked Miko) is about to lay the smackdown on everyone. But the biggest thing is that on the 25 the 8th volume comes out and 2 BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS are suppose to happen then. I do wonder what it is.
Old 2011-06-04, 18:33   Link #468
Undertaker

If it's 1 big announcement, it can be anything, but 2, very good possibility of announcing the S2...
Old 2011-06-04, 22:11   Link #469
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
Wow someone translated 81 - 83 pretty fast, i must thank them. In 83 we see a flashback and it seems Kinue likes her sister.... a lot . Also Hatsumi (the naked Miko) is about to lay the smackdown on everyone. But the biggest thing is that on the 25 the 8th volume comes out and 2 BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS are suppose to happen then. I do wonder what it is.
Cant wait to see Hatsumi in action..
I like the mask that she wears.. =D
Old 2011-06-05, 04:04   Link #470
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Indeed, she take nakedness to a whole new level.

As for the announcements, bets are on a BD version of season 1.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 05:04   Link #471
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Indeed, she take nakedness to a whole new level.

As for the announcements, bets are on a BD version of season 1.
LOL.. I highly doubt the announcement will be on S2, cause I still think there's a huge lack in resources to make one, unless it's gonna be a 13 episode season 2, but still a little too little resources yet..

Think there's huge chance for BD version..
Old 2011-06-05, 12:42   Link #472
King-Slayer

I dont think it will be a season 2 but if they did it at the beginning of next year it could be possible to get 13ep barely though. Some ppl think it might be a new game or a movie.

Last edited by King-Slayer; 2011-06-06 at 14:06.
Old 2011-06-06, 14:38   Link #473
hoaRy

There is really no point in making a 13 eps series. Then we'd end after round 1 of the tournament, what?
High chances for a OVA with less mahjong and more skin, BD might be possible but I doubt it.
Drama adaption is a recent trend, but Saki especially profits from the medium anime with all the superpowers and so on, who will watch a live-action :/

Best announcement I could think of would be moving to a weekly magazine :3 , or get rid of all these breaks, all enthusiasm is gone when the manga moves with 10 pages per months :O
hoaRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 11:38   Link #474
sandydeeh

I'm having difficulty finding scans of this manga. The last I read was vol. 6 on null. Can anyone Pm me with a source.
sandydeeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 13:12   Link #475
King-Slayer

anime-rg is out with ch 51 + 52

On the announcement topic i agree that there isn't any point into making a 13 ep season and that an OVA would work well with some made up plot. But i just wanna see some new animation and here their lovely voices again. A weekly magazine would be a dream but i think it will remain just that
Old 2011-06-07, 17:39   Link #476
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
anime-rg is out with ch 51 + 52

On the announcement topic i agree that there isn't any point into making a 13 ep season and that an OVA would work well with some made up plot. But i just wanna see some new animation and here their lovely voices again. A weekly magazine would be a dream but i think it will remain just that
Excellent job from anime-rg with tackling vol 7!

Yes indeed ... I had assumed that Hatsumi royally thrashes everyone, including Nodoka, who loses confidence as a result, and has to be "revived" (presumably by Saki). And then in the final match Saki goes into "Kami" mode and thrashes everyone. Much of this speculation is based on the mini teasers show at the end of ep 25 of the Saki anime.

Regarding the announcement ... I tend to lean towards a BD release as well (which would be nice to see). But hey - if it it is S2 then I am all for it! Whenever S2 is aired (still hoping!) I sure hope they do a full 26 ep season!
Old 2011-06-09, 04:18   Link #477
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Yes indeed ... I had assumed that Hatsumi royally thrashes everyone, including Nodoka, who loses confidence as a result, and has to be "revived" (presumably by Saki). And then in the final match Saki goes into "Kami" mode and thrashes everyone. Much of this speculation is based on the mini teasers show at the end of ep 25 of the Saki anime.
I think it's hard for Saki to go into "Kami" mode as there's 2 other so called "Monster"playing with here..

I think she'll do just enough to get into 2nd place for Kiyosumi..
Old 2011-06-12, 14:45   Link #478
King-Slayer

Anime rg released 53 -55. They say they're going to do the omake and other stuff with vol 7. Which is music to my ears.
Old 2011-06-12, 20:13   Link #479
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingmajiao View Post
I think it's hard for Saki to go into "Kami" mode as there's 2 other so called "Monster"playing with here..

I think she'll do just enough to get into 2nd place for Kiyosumi..
My error for not being clearer here ... I meant going into "Kami" mode in the match against Eisui after Hatsumi thrashes Nodoka.

Quote:
Anime rg released 53 -55. They say they're going to do the omake and other stuff with vol 7. Which is music to my ears.
An omake, eh?

I liked the little extra material in the recent releases, esp with Koromo asking for Saki's name and Ikeda showing a little more "backbone" against her mahjong coach.
Old 2011-06-20, 13:26   Link #480
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Spoiler for ch 83:

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri