AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-13, 06:08   Link #41
marvelB

For those interested, I made a thread for the manga version a while back (which reminds me, a translation of volume 8 should come along soon since it's released this month).

Anyway, as far as the roach-men's design goes, I admit I was a little surprised by it at first myself, but it didn't really take long for me to get used to them. Besides, as was already pointed out, their designs are based off neanderthals (and, you know..... roaches), not modern-day colored folks.

Also, rather than the terraformers themselves, I'm honestly more interested in seeing how much they'll tone down the violence, to be honest ('cuz seriously..... this series is as bleak as heck). That, plus all the wacky political/ethnic mumbo-jumbo that could potentially spark some fuses (case in point: One of the characters is a German fellow whose name is Adolf)......
Old 2014-02-13, 07:09   Link #42
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Maybe they will change his name to Aaldolf ;D
Old 2014-02-13, 07:46   Link #43
Jetzero Infinity

Official confirmation for the anime: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nd-video-anime

Looks like we'll be getting both a TV series and OVA's. My guess is the TV series will be based off Bugs III since that's where the story really starts and the OVA's will cover the Bugs I & II prequel arcs.
Old 2014-02-13, 18:03   Link #44
bastek66

I really hope Nakata JOHJi will be part of voicecast.
Old 2014-02-14, 16:31   Link #45
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

My, oh, my. This thread has certainly been . . . enlightening.

I became interested in this title as soon as Anime News Network announced that it was getting an adaptation. I must admit that I'm a sucker for science-fiction anime (of which there seems to be a shortage, unfortunately). I'm a little bit wary because it's a shounen title and I don't care for shounen shows in general, but I'm definitely willing to give it a chance.

The first thing that came to mind when I saw the design of the bugs was our Homo erectus ancestor—not a modern-day person of African descent. Honestly, I think it takes a certain kind of mind to see parallels there because they look nothing alike. I hope that when this title is released people don't create a clamor about it. Let the show succeed or fail based on the strength of its story rather than the design of its characters/creatures.
Old 2014-02-14, 16:45   Link #46
Jetzero Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalena View Post
My, oh, my. This thread has certainly been . . . enlightening.

I became interested in this title as soon as Anime News Network announced that it was getting an adaptation. I must admit that I'm a sucker for science-fiction anime (of which there seems to be a shortage, unfortunately). I'm a little bit wary because it's a shounen title and I don't care for shounen shows in general, but I'm definitely willing to give it a chance.

It's seinen
Old 2014-02-14, 20:18   Link #47
marvelB

Yeah, as mentioned above, it's a seinen series. My previous post even kinda alluded to the fact that it's not just about man vs. superbugs. Basically, while the space exploration teams are busy risking their lives on Mars, the big guvmints back at Earth are busy cackling at each other while twirling their mustaches for pretty much the whole time, lol.
Old 2014-02-14, 20:52   Link #48
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Wait. It thought it was running in a shounen magazine?

Edit: Never mind. I was confusing Weekly Young Jump with Weekly Shounen Jump. An easy (but embarrassing) mistake to make. *Whistles* Nothing to see here, carry on~ Thanks to marvelB and Jetzero Infinity for pointing this out to me!

At least my enthusiasm has gone up considerably!

Last edited by Rosalena; 2014-02-14 at 20:53. Reason: Correction
Old 2014-02-17, 11:28   Link #49
Jetzero Infinity

Magazine scan with key visual for the OVA
Spoiler for Anime Visual:

Kinda tough to guess which studio could be doing it based on this but my current guess is Sunrise
Old 2014-02-17, 11:35   Link #50
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Not bad if it's Sunrise but for me looks more like MadHouse
Old 2014-02-17, 11:36   Link #51
Jetzero Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Not bad if it's Sunrise but for me looks more like MadHouse
Fixed the link
Old 2014-02-17, 15:25   Link #52
xizro345
King's Justice

If they want to do a "complete package" they'll be forced to have an anime-created ending as the manga hasn't bothered to explain a lot in 8 volumes for now.
Old 2014-02-17, 16:11   Link #53
Jetzero Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
If they want to do a "complete package" they'll be forced to have an anime-created ending as the manga hasn't bothered to explain a lot in 8 volumes for now.
If it ends up being a multi season thing it could end around chapter 53 or the battle directly afterwards.
Old 2014-02-17, 19:00   Link #54
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Speaking of the bleakness, one of the main draws of the series is just how despair-inducing it is. This is a manga that builds up characters for several chapters, to the point that you get to LIKE them, only to them kill them off with barely a second glance. And let's not get into possible romantic attachments -- THOSE get killed off brutally too.

Will they retain it, or tone it down for the adaptation, that's an important question to ask.
Old 2014-02-17, 22:21   Link #55
Dekomori Sanae
Twintail Twister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
Magazine scan with key visual for the OVA
Spoiler for Anime Visual:

Kinda tough to guess which studio could be doing it based on this but my current guess is Sunrise
That looks neither roachy, nor black - the only indication that he's different is those strange stripes on his skin, the glowing eye, and this strage look.
Old 2014-02-17, 23:19   Link #56
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Speaking of the bleakness, one of the main draws of the series is just how despair-inducing it is. This is a manga that builds up characters for several chapters, to the point that you get to LIKE them, only to them kill them off with barely a second glance. And let's not get into possible romantic attachments -- THOSE get killed off brutally too.
So we get two incarnations of Akame ga Kill? Welp.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2014-02-17, 23:26   Link #57
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
So we get two incarnations of Akame ga Kill? Welp.
Well to give you an idea, sometime during the start of the latest arc, there's a promise between four friends -- two girls, and two guys -- to make it back alive from the mission, and one of the girls is childhood friends with the two guys.

It... doesn't end well.

Emotional attachments are only here in this series to serve as a kick in the gut when things go ploin-shaped later on. It's that brutal.
Old 2014-02-18, 08:01   Link #58
Jetzero Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekomori Sanae View Post
That looks neither roachy, nor black - the only indication that he's different is those strange stripes on his skin, the glowing eye, and this strage look.
The roaches people have been talking about look...different. You'll see for yourself eventually
Old 2014-02-19, 07:56   Link #59
Jetzero Infinity

Official website is up. Looks like it's being produced by Warner Bros.
Old 2014-02-19, 22:26   Link #60
Dekomori Sanae
Twintail Twister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
Official website is up. Looks like it's being produced by Warner Bros.
Warner Bros? No stupid joke?
*checks site* Good grief
Well, guess it was a not-so-good series to begin with, so it doesn't matter that much if they turn it into a turd
Closed Thread