AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-10, 20:37   Link #521
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I mean that since its 1 season there are 12 episodes in that. There are 3 girls shown in the opening for the people who haven't read the LN I wont spoil their names but there will be 4 episodes for each girl that's all its kinda boring this way.
I count to 4...
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 20:45   Link #522
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I know that this show isn't meant to be taken seriously, but dismissing someone's opinion as being a troll even while he's giving proper and reasonable explanations is just going too far i guess
I've been seeing this a lot in /a/, asking mundane questions about the plot or setting of a particular anime series instead of watching the series and understanding the concepts first.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 20:47   Link #523
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
I mean that since its 1 season there are 12 episodes in that. There are 3 girls shown in the opening for the people who haven't read the LN I wont spoil their names but there will be 4 episodes for each girl that's all its kinda boring this way.
It's how the original light novel works. And it's four girls (Tohka, Kotori, Yoshino, Kurumi).

EDIT: Not spoilering Kurumi's name cause she's on the official site.
Old 2013-04-10, 20:51   Link #524
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I've been seeing this a lot in /a/, asking mundane questions about the plot or setting of a particular anime series instead of watching the series and understanding the concepts first.
Nah, that means he's not a troll, just a curious person that wanted to go deeper into things. IMO i think discussing about plot and setting is useful to provoke some good discussions compared to some shipping/waifu talks which i find tasteless (no offense for anyone in particular)
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 21:14   Link #525
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Nah, that means he's not a troll, just a curious person that wanted to go deeper into things. IMO i think discussing about plot and setting is useful to provoke some good discussions compared to some shipping/waifu talks which i find tasteless (no offense for anyone in particular)
Hey, as long as the questions go into the more ridiculous ones like "why didn't they just go to outer space to avoid those space quakes?", then it's fine with me.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 21:54   Link #526
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
There was nothing deep or intelligent about his question/remark.

Yes, I like good discussions about the plot/setting/characters in this series, but he wasn't doing anything to incur that in the slightest.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 22:27   Link #527
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Hey, as long as the questions go into the more ridiculous ones like "why didn't they just go to outer space to avoid those space quakes?", then it's fine with me.
I was actually tempted to write a joke, "why don't they have anti-spirit nets?"

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 22:34   Link #528
X207
Gamyūsa

ep2 was decent though his sister's team of "experts" was rather useless for the most part. they did make the final suggestion though most were counterproductive and a bit cliche (though its part of the comedy).

i dont find any real issues with shipping talks as everyone would find one in particular that they like better but its also good not to get too far off tracks that you disregard the real discussion. i do usually have certain charaters i like more in any given series but i also do prefer to talk more on subject of the story. i did find Tomoyo a more interesting character from Clannad (Kotori was 2nd place). though i cant say i much liked the progression of Tomoyo's afterstory.

Tobiichi seems like a harder character to crack as far as views on Tohka. im sure she'll have an uneasy peace sometime later but i dont think they'll ever be the best of friends, atleast in the short term. all the other mech girls seem more open to reasoning as far as ep2 went. i did a bit of research on Tobiichi and now understand why she has such a view of spirits, it was rather easy to guess without research anyway.

Last edited by X207; 2013-04-10 at 22:53.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 02:57   Link #529
EroKing

Freebies.
Old 2013-04-11, 03:43   Link #530
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Freebies.
I will take this one, please and thank you.
Old 2013-04-11, 03:53   Link #531
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
It's how the original light novel works. And it's four girls (Tohka, Kotori, Yoshino, Kurumi).

EDIT: Not spoilering Kurumi's name cause she's on the official site.
ah so their getting kotori's story too okay I guess campione just annoyed me cause they ruined what was a decent LN but okay i'll give it a chance
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 05:07   Link #532
Iron Maw
Banned

Ep1+2

Wow, this show really is all over the place.

The super bubble mood constantly clashes with what seems to be serious plot. Conceptually I find it interesting, but unfortunately it just seems to be a vehicle for a harem. This wouldn't be such a problem if the show were more upfront about it and if I knew I was suppose to take the rest of it seriously or not. I mean Ratatoskr for example seems to make no sense at the moment. Who are they and why is immature loli in command of one their ships? Why is everyone there so incompetent at their jobs? Rather than trying to understand the Spirits and communicating normally, why are they forcing Shido into silly romances when the beings in question may not even understand the concept of love? Won't anchoring every Spirit to Shido in the future cause unintentional problems?

Seriously, the only thing liked in the first two episodes was pretty much the animation and character design. I'll give another episode for the show to make some sense of plot establishment and world building because I doubt I will stick around at it's present pace otherwise.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 06:13   Link #533
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Wow, this show really is all over the place.

The super bubble mood constantly clashes with what seems to be serious plot. Conceptually I find it interesting, but unfortunately it just seems to be a vehicle for a harem. This wouldn't be such a problem if the show were more upfront about it and if I knew I was suppose to take the rest of it seriously or not. I mean Ratatoskr for example seems to make no sense at the moment. Who are they and why is immature loli in command of one their ships? Why is everyone there so incompetent at their jobs? Rather than trying to understand the Spirits and communicating normally, why are they forcing Shido into silly romances when the beings in question may not even understand the concept of love? Won't anchoring every Spirit to Shido in the future cause unintentional problems?

Seriously, the only thing liked in the first two episodes was pretty much the animation and character design. I'll give another episode for the show to make some sense of plot establishment and world building because I doubt I will stick around at it's present pace otherwise.
There are answers to your questions, just don't expect them right away. It's actually one truth that explains most of them. As for their incompetence, what do you expect with an immature loli in command? I can spoil the explenation if you want, only click if you really want to know.
[cut]
So it all comes back to one simple fact.

The plot is serious in that innocent lives are at stake and they are honestly trying to save people, but the situation for the main character is mostly entertaining and not really that serious. But he is pretty serious about what he is he doing and not doing it for his own sake, but to save the spirits and people both. That does make him a bit blind to his own personal situation with the girls. I don't think he has really thought about that he already have a girlfriend now nor that winning the love of Tohka adds one more.

Last edited by james0246; 2013-04-11 at 11:07. Reason: no reason to spoil anything...
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 06:48   Link #534
ImperialFlameGod8190

its funny because that's the problem with a lot of harem LN's becoming anime. IT takes a little bit of time to develop the plot and 12 episodes doesn't do the job. Code:Breaker for example was brilliant but they diluted the whole plot in order to introduce as much as possible. Hagure Yuusha the bit they did show was soft core and if they let it go longer maybe they'd see a plot also the scary part is the shows that do get 26 episodes a lot of them recently don't seem to deserve it because of how generic they are.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 08:21   Link #535
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
EDIT3: Oh and people keep making Tohka - Houki comparisons. Just you wait. Houki's your typical bitchy tsundere, but Tohka..... well, just wait and see.
Okay that's it, that's mother loving it! Sunnova Big Zam, I've had it with people using the B word on Houki, holy fookin prawn she's anything but that, she's had the most character development in eps 1-OVA over any of the IS girls in the Anime, why if I had to burger-flippin say who's what, I'd say Chifuyu-neesan was more like a Biiiii *mangatron is suddenly Incest Strategy'ed*

Seriously though, you'll do well to remember my comparisons are for the character template Tohka fits very well with other girls, and that be ponytail, bombs, armed with a sword and has a glare to die for. As such, I like these girls for who they are, not what they were, so.... therefore, that makes me the premier Tohka fan, so the rest of you can go keep getting mad for no reason

And, only the biggest Tohka fan can post her pictures
Images
please let there be a swimsuit episode!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
And, a wallpaper from the main site, the webmaster tweeted it before editing the page, now you have to get a secret code to input just to get it, but since I'm such a nice, fan of Tohka, I share with everyone!

I like that, "Delight them by dating"
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
That's awesome A then D for me....and then I'll pretend to fall asleep again, and then she'll dance on me again, and then the never ending cycle begins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
TV version of this series looks very pretty. Nico version apparently does not. I know which one I'll be watching.

As such, so far as I'm concerned, episode 2 does not yet exist.
This is quite the dilemma for me. I have absolutely no idea what's what. The reason why I was late here for episode 01, there were spoiler tags and none-spoiler tags for the pre-air ep 01, and then when the non-stream airs, there's talk for episode 02. Gotta find a way to single out the posts, maybe utilize the "Title" function in the post editor.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 08:25   Link #536
tsunade666

Quote:
its funny because that's the problem with a lot of harem LN's becoming anime. IT takes a little bit of time to develop the plot and 12 episodes doesn't do the job. Code:Breaker for example was brilliant but they diluted the whole plot in order to introduce as much as possible. Hagure Yuusha the bit they did show was soft core and if they let it go longer maybe they'd see a plot also the scary part is the shows that do get 26 episodes a lot of them recently don't seem to deserve it because of how generic they are.
Hagure starts going good when in the later volumes. true, but animating LN is hard than animating manga or a game that has solid sales already. From winter season 2013 alone that has 26 episode. The only one that probably I don't like much is Shinsekai Yori but that itself has serious plot.

Zetsuen no Tempest
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Psycho-Pass
Robotics;Notes
Little Busters
MAGI

all of that has serious and has PLOT though Ixion Saga DT is more like a gag rpg comedy anime but it still funny and worth watching when you don't have much time and Bakuman is running for 3 season already. But having a harem romcom run for 2 cour that has lots of fan service and the plot isn't interesting is just asking to be bombed.

Remind me of this year that has 2 cours that is actually bad and has full of fan service and lacks of actual plot?

Girls und Panzer and Love Live has only 1 cour but it delivers the story at its best.
Old 2013-04-11, 09:52   Link #537
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Give her the D.
Old 2013-04-11, 12:08   Link #538
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I would do D, due to it being a common eroge decision, got to raise those flags up to get the best imouto end.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 15:33   Link #539
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
There are answers to your questions, just don't expect them right away. It's actually one truth that explains most of them. As for their incompetence, what do you expect with an immature loli in command? I can spoil the explenation if you want, only click if you really want to know.
[cut]
So it all comes back to one simple fact.
Good point on the loli, though I would have expected to at least some input in the picking of the crew from the top brass. Well whatever, as for spoiler no need for it. Just knowing that there something explanation is enough (whether it is good or not is another matter...). I would have at least like some exposition on Ratatoskr because at this point the organization just seems like a bunch weirdos with nothing better to do.

Quote:
The plot is serious in that innocent lives are at stake and they are honestly trying to save people, but the situation for the main character is mostly entertaining and not really that serious. But he is pretty serious about what he is he doing and not doing it for his own sake, but to save the spirits and people both. That does make him a bit blind to his own personal situation with the girls. I don't think he has really thought about that he already have a girlfriend now nor that winning the love of Tohka adds one more.
I understand that, but the presentation leaves quite a bit to be desired. If the pacing wasn't moving at such a break-neck speed with barely a sense of transition between scenes it would alleviate things. As for Shido's relationship Tohka, I wish he had stronger/better motivation to her helping outside being nice. I was also hoping that Spirits had more deep rooted reasons for attacking humanity and being attached to Shido rather than simply being lonely. =/

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-04-11 at 16:45.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 18:53   Link #540
shadow1296

Quote:
if that happened I would chose C and let skeith deal with her hehehehehe

Tags
action, comedy, harem, romance, sci-fi, tsundere