AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-22, 12:09   Link #201
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Yeah beautiful cover man! Shion looks cool, but I prefer Shiori design! In this cover, Gold cloth looks like gold but not in OAV, in my opinion...
Sorry I don't like this Dokho , I prefer the design of Shiori. Look at the colo in the manga topic if you read last chapter of Lost Canvas... Pretty awesome.

About the video, I laugh! It is french voices . Ahhh good memories . Kurumada tells us about Unicorn and other saints on an interview, if I remember, but no memories about it, sorry. I remember only one thing, Kurumada doesn't want to make Unicorn a protagonist of Saint Seiya because he have the same personnality as Seiya. If you look, the 5 saints of Kurumada manga have 5 different personnality. Kurumada says that Seiya and Jabu are too similar.

Lol and I laugh like hell when I saw Nachi owned by one "punch" after that entrance .

Oh Dokho VA (Hades sanctuary) will voice Hakurei of Lost Canvas?! Awesome but a bit strange... I would prefer to have Dokho VA for Dokho 18 year old!

About Albafica, this character is just awesome in my opinion! You will see that soon! His fight is epic. I hate Pisces in Kurumada manga (a bit better in G) but in Lost Canvas, Pisces is just so cool! I hope this fight will be as good as it was in the manga.

I look cool, isn't it?
Old 2009-07-22, 21:08   Link #202
Goblinator

Yes, I use to watch saint seiya on club dorothee long ago ^^.

They do share some qualities, but Jabu is really lame when it comes to Saori. The flashback clearly shows it. Saori asks Seiya to be her horse, but Seiya refused while Jabu decided to do it.

And Ichi has a personality on his own as well. He's pretty much a coward.
Goblinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 04:59   Link #203
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kardia no Scorpio View Post

Were all voices disappointed or just Hirano's? I thought Mizuki(Pandora) , Kakihara(Tenma), and Shimono(Alone) and even Tomohiro(Hypnos) did a fantastic job.
!
Kakihara's voice was ok IMO... I mean, it quite matches the character's temper. As for Mizuki I trully loved her job on Pandora. Here too, she really managed to catch the character and give her a very strong presence.

Quote:
Don't know what you mean by "copy and paste," but I like to think of it as an adaption, which by the way, TMS did an excellent job in that department. As for the scenes actually there's a few new ones (tenma vs yato, Dohko's rozan hyakuryu ha, and the scene with Pandora and Hypnos at the end of OVA 1).
To my mind, a good adaptation is telling the same story but in a quite differently way.

I mean, take a look at the Hades-Sanctuary Chapter. It's pretty common to think that this part of the Hades Saga is the best thanks to its better animation. But they did manage to get some "changes" in the storyline that made it more entertaining that a mere copy-paste that we had few years later.

For example, the "all together" Athena Exclamation showdown had a much stronger impact than in the original manga. Same goes for the farewell to the gold saints (and their last stand against Radhamantys).

Quote:
They do share some qualities, but Jabu is really lame when it comes to Saori. The flashback clearly shows it. Saori asks Seiya to be her horse, but Seiya refused while Jabu decided to do it.
Well, if you take a look at what Seiya became... his devotion to Saori actually went way beyond of Jabu's one back then they were children.

Last edited by Blablabla; 2009-07-23 at 05:40.
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 12:12   Link #204
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Some news in http://loscan.jp/index.html

Well look at these Gold cloth, it doesn't look like gold... in my opinion. And they seems so fat...especially Shion. But I think it will not be the same in anime.

Yahouuuuuuuuuuuuuu Yuzuriha
Yato
Old 2009-07-25, 12:52   Link #205
Kardia no Scorpio
Gold Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla View Post
To my mind, a good adaptation is telling the same story but in a quite differently way.

I mean, take a look at the Hades-Sanctuary Chapter. It's pretty common to think that this part of the Hades Saga is the best thanks to its better animation. But they did manage to get some "changes" in the storyline that made it more entertaining that a mere copy-paste that we had few years later.

For example, the "all together" Athena Exclamation showdown had a much stronger impact than in the original manga. Same goes for the farewell to the gold saints (and their last stand against Radhamantys).
But we've only seen 2 Ova's, so I don't think it's fair to say that it doesn't have a good adaptation just yet...also, I think that the scene where Tenma breaks the rock in OVA 1 had a greater impact than in the manga. Give it some time, TMS might surprise us. And of course the Athena Exclamation had a bigger impact in the anime and that is because the drawings were so much better as we all know...

Also, Cosmo Volume 30
Kardia no Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 20:42   Link #206
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Saint Seiya related. Purchased the movie box that contains the first 4 movies of the series:

Nice, I think I'm gonna marathon the whole thing.
Old 2009-07-26, 03:27   Link #207
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

When do episode three and four appear. Is it next month?
Old 2009-07-26, 10:10   Link #208
beamknight87
Gold Saint

The release is scheduled to appear on August 20th.
Old 2009-07-26, 15:10   Link #209
Albafica
Pisces no saint

聖闘士星矢 THE LOST CANVAS 冥王神話 VOL.3
第5、6話を収録した第3巻。
Including OVA 5-6
October 21th Wednesday
10月21日(水)発売予定
Blu-ray Disc  7560円(税込)  VPXV-71061
DVD  6510円(税込)  VPBV-13347

I want it!!! Albaficaaaaa!!!

Well, I'm waiting for the 2nd DVD too .

About the movie Saint Seiya box, well I already had all movies of Saint Seiya (my video tape >_<).
Old 2009-07-27, 16:36   Link #210
Kardia no Scorpio
Gold Saint

Tomokazu Sugita as Hasgard! I wonder what his comment says.
Old 2009-07-28, 19:30   Link #211
beamknight87
Gold Saint

I just wanted to comment this: After a long photo session in my humble opinion the Gemini Saga Surplice is the best Myth Cloth released so far in the entire collection. If you like these figures it would be a crime if you don't even consider getting him. Even more so when it is still quite easy to find...
Old 2009-07-29, 10:59   Link #212
Albafica
Pisces no saint

About Tomokazu Sugita, I don't have good memories of his work. I hope he will not kill Rasgado (Aldebaran) because the Taurus gold saint is just awesome in Lost Canvas, in my opinion (my best character after Albafica, Manigoldo and Yuzuriha).

Saga Myth cloth is so cool! But you know, I prefer your Shion .
Hmmm, the best Myth cloth? Well perhaps I will buy it, but I'm not fan of Saga Gemini >_<.

Oh, and if you love Albafica and Yuzuriha of Lost Canvas like me, join my fanclubs of these characters .

To speak about Lost Canvas OAV, well here some images from Trevor blog (I want the poster!):

Old 2009-07-30, 01:49   Link #213
Kardia no Scorpio
Gold Saint

NEW TRAILER UPLOADED BY TMS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgo0G0cN7MI
Old 2009-07-30, 12:58   Link #214
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Incredible trailer man, thank you Kardia! The soundtrack is so bad in my opinion... Too bad. But the animation is just awesome.

Minos looks so cool, I'm waiting for his fight!

Yato x Yuzuriha is hot , I love Yuzu!

Hakurei have a good design.

Fyodor is not bad.

Tenma? Not my problem, I don't love him .
Old 2009-07-31, 04:42   Link #215
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Awesome trailer. So we can expect that thing happening in episode 4 right? Animation is sick as always together with beautiful backgrounds. Next episodes can't come soon enough.
Old 2009-07-31, 04:46   Link #216
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Outstanding trailer, i must say.

The urge to read the manga just went up quite a bit.
Old 2009-08-07, 07:06   Link #217
Albafica
Pisces no saint

News "images" of Lost Canvas oav:

Specter (Byaku + Radamanthys).

Yuzu chan .

And OP/END are out, they are cool, I love the ending.
Old 2009-08-10, 06:08   Link #218
ohtori_akio
Gold Saint of Pisces

Glad I recently got into this! Is there a thread for the original series BTW? Would love to discuss the old classic as well as this as more episodes get released. Glad to hear my star sign (Pisces) will be represented very soon.
ohtori_akio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 14:01   Link #219
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Oh you're lucky to be pisces! Bastard! I'm sagittarius and this saint is always BORING!!! I HATE SAGITTARIUS!! Why am I Sagittarius!
You should stay with your Aphrodite!

And there isn't a thread about the original serie except: Saint Seiya Hades OAV and movie. Well I think you can speak in these threads! Well don't speak about WHO IS THE BEST GOLD SAINTS , because Shion is the strongest!

The last is Albafica . I love this fan art.

There are Hades/Alone, Sasha/Athena, a mysterious gold (well I think you know who is he...) and Albafica.
Old 2009-08-11, 10:00   Link #220
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
And there isn't a thread about the original serie except: Saint Seiya Hades OAV and movie. Well I think you can speak in these threads! Well don't speak about WHO IS THE BEST GOLD SAINTS , because Shion is the strongest!
I remember "big" threads dealing with this on some french boards (hundred if not thousand of pages). Pure fanboy Epicness
But it seems that moderators couldn't stand those endless and pointless word-battles and, like Athena Exclamation, the discussion went "taboo".

Quote:
Oh you're lucky to be pisces! Bastard! I'm sagittarius and this saint is always BORING!!! I HATE SAGITTARIUS!! Why am I Sagittarius!
Sagittarius in Saint Seiya has always meant "pure devotion". We didn't get to see that much of Aiolos (except in EpG but the guy seems to be quite schizophrenic there ), so Teshigori brushed Syphus as she though that such a Saint like Aiolios should have been.... even if she took the thing a little to fare.
Spoiler for around chap' 140:

So I don't get why people dislike him since he is, among the golds seen until then, the one who pictured the most the "traditional Saint Seiya spirit" (Maybe with Rasgado or Dôko).

In the other hand, everyone is gizzing in their pants seeing "OMGfuckingbadass Gemini can'twait2seehimblowingspecterslikeants".
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen