AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-22, 11:59   Link #1
zearo
Romantic

Post Can anyone help me find a nice romance/drama anime please :)

Yahoo! So i've been looking for an anime that's similar to Bokura ga ita and suzuka.

I would prefer something where the characters become a couple early in the series where u can folllow their relationship's ups and downs but if you've got something where they get together a little bit later in the series it's okay as long as the anime is good and worth to watch yey . And a few kisses wouldn't hurt

I dont want it to be mecha, or sci-fi and not to much comedy either i'd like it to be pretty serious since i've been watching kind of non-serious animes for a while now XD. I want
the series to be at least a bit realistic if u get what i mean XD. And i rly dont like the oldstyle anime so plz dont suggest that :O.

I hope that someone will be able to help me because i'm getting pretty sad now when i can't watch a good anime that i like To your help i'll copy/ paste my little watched animelist so u dont recommend those that i've seen

I'll try to wrap it into a spoilerthingy so the post wont be so big xD
Spoiler for THE LIST THINGY:

So that was all and BOKURA GA ITA RULES
P.s sorry for troubeling u all with my pickyness

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

I love bokura ga ita <3 Best anime ever
Feel free to give me a tip about any Drama/romance anime !

Last edited by zearo; 2008-10-29 at 10:01.
Old 2008-07-22, 13:52   Link #2
Yaoi_Daisuki
少年愛

nt really into romance, but here are some romance animes that i enjoyed.

honey & clover 1 & 2 - actually for this, im nt too sure whether could this qualify under romance or not. it kind of focus on the storyline, slice of life as well as romance

lovely complex
Old 2008-07-23, 07:31   Link #3
zearo
Romantic

Thanks and forgot to say that Slice of Life and school thingy is also okay XD

Old 2008-07-23, 10:18   Link #4
Amray

I would highly recommend "I, My, Me Strawberry Eggs".

It is an anime about forbidden love between a teacher and his pupil. To get into the school as a teacher though he had to cross-dress as a woman as the school did not recruit males. After that one of the female students falls in love with him as a cross-dressed woman and he also starts to show signs of love towards her, despite them both being "females". It is also a slice of life, school comedy but it gets quite upsetting toward the end because of all the love triangles and stuff. It is an amazing series with just 13 episodes.

I thought it was good anyway.
Old 2008-07-23, 10:43   Link #5
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zearo View Post
Yahoo! So i've been looking for an anime that's similar to Bokura ga ita and suzuka.

I would prefer something where the characters become a couple early in the series where u can folllow their relationship's ups and downs but if u haven't got something like that it's okay . And a few kisses wouldn't hurt
Narue no Sekai would be perfect then, they get together at the end of ep1 and it charts their relationship from there. Additionally, it has some sci-fi elements, nice comedy, narue is voiced by the awesome Mamiko Noto, and the male lead isn't an indecisive prick and actually has some balls (you'll see what I mean by the end).

It also covers an interesting situation that most romance shows couldn't hope to achieve thanks to the sci-fi background, though I won't spoil that

edit: it also has a 'best friend' character who actually HELPS the situation along, unlike a lot of shows where the 'best friend' character tends to do stupid stuff that causes unnecessary problems. Oh, and no pointless fanservice either, it's very reserved indeed, which I loved
Old 2008-07-23, 11:48   Link #6
Bad wolf
Pacifist War Lord

Send a message via AIM to Bad wolf Send a message via MSN to Bad wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Bad wolf
Rosario + vampire
Kashimashi
Strawberry panic
Old 2008-07-23, 16:38   Link #7
Teletha

Itazura na kiss - Follows a couple from when they meet to getting married and starting careers. It has all kinds of kisses and more.

Maybe not strictly what you are looking for, but True Tears is a good romance/drama/love triangle. You see the ups and downs of several relationships. Not all of them turn out well in the end, but it's still worth the watch.
Old 2008-07-24, 01:35   Link #8
zearo
Romantic

Yey thank you all for suggestions you have saved my coming three days lolz But thtyat doesnt mean that u should stop suggestin KEEP THE SUGGESTIONS FLOWING XD And one thing that rly bugs me is that i started to watch lovely complex and then i went on vacation last year and never started to watch it again and now it's licensed :cry: <(T.T)> well i'm off to watch the suggested animes bye for now and dont forget to KEEP THE SUGGESTIONS FLOWING XD <3

Old 2008-07-24, 01:50   Link #9
autumnus dream
LV.1 ninja

Send a message via AIM to autumnus dream
i second the Rosario + vampire. that is a completly awsome anime!
Old 2008-08-13, 08:25   Link #10
Arkuatic

so i typed out 15 minutes worth of stuff, and click post....BAM!! PAGE ERROR!!!!!!

i guess ill try again

REC-awesome 90minutes(13 minutes each episode) on drama romance, well worth the hour and half

Air in Summer- Bonus of Air Series of kanna though it focuses more on comedy

Shingetsutan Tsukihime-Romance/drama/fantasy, similar to Fate/Stay Night(check it out too)

Shinigami no Ballad-Momo is a death god, however she aids those left behind by the deceased to move forward in their lives. Theres romance as well as drama.

Spice and Wolf-seems like you missed it since you've seen most of the batch of romance that came out this year. Its awesome series, you can definitely feel the connection between lawrence and horo. Some episodes are light hearted and some aren't; you cant have both always can you?

5 centimeters per second-the speed at which a sakura blossom falls, you'll hear that alot in the popular mini movies of childhood friends developing stronger bonds through, separation, change, and obstacles

Chrno Crusade-Time is of the stopwatch, rose's stopwatch that is. Chrno and Rose are complete opposites, as well as race(demon, human), though despite their differences they quest to find one thing or should i say person, rose's brother. Though it lacks the school romance scene, it does reflect strong bonds and feelings between rose and chrno. Touching anime, can't miss

Code Geass-Definitely something to check out, both seasons at that too. A ex-prince's pilgrimage to bring down the emperor of the most powerful country, britannia, which is also his father. Of course through his journey there is bound to be romance, drama, and a brilliant mind.

Futakoi Alternative-Romance involving twins, a good for nothing who became something, and plenty of drama

Kara no Kyoukai-through blood, gore, and the eyes of a shinigami, you'll find romance and drama. Currently incomplete and series comes in movie form

Lamune-light hearted romance and drama if you just watched something bad

Lovely Complex-you can't pull opposites together without some sort of drama

you might like gift-eternal rainbow since it shares similaries to w-wish

Also im curious to why you have wind:a breath of heart on your list since it was the WORST ANIME I'VE EVER SEEN, but if you did like it you might wanna check out Yotsunoha, since they're both horrible :P
Old 2008-08-13, 10:27   Link #11
miaka

Victorian romance Emma - 2 season anime, historical timeline
Tokyo Marble chocolate - oav, tell story in two perspective
Old 2008-08-13, 10:40   Link #12
zearo
Romantic

Cheers nice flow with suggestions keep it going

Too stinky that lovely complex is licensed GRRRR T.T

Old 2008-08-13, 10:59   Link #13
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
/gasp Fruits Basket isn't on your list, though it has comedy as well it is still very dramatic
Old 2008-08-13, 11:16   Link #14
Nani Kore

What is the anime in your avatar? It looks coool :3
Old 2008-08-13, 11:28   Link #15
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nani Kore View Post
What is the anime in your avatar? It looks coool :3
its Lelouch from Code Geass thanks
Old 2008-08-13, 12:49   Link #16
Autumn Demon
~

kareshi kanojo no jijou
kimikiss pure rouge
Old 2008-08-13, 14:11   Link #17
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

Depends on whether you want only guy-girl romance, or are willing to view girl-girl romance as well as guy-guy romance. Anyway, from what I've read on various sources Maria Sama ga Miteru, seems to have a good amount of LESBIAN romance and drama, in it.

As for guy-guy romance I don't know of any anime with both of your criteria, but maybe Boku no pico?

Picture above is a boy not a girl.

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Old 2008-08-27, 23:23   Link #18
MamoruUsagi

Kare First Love
Fushigi Yuugi
Ayashi no Ceres
Absolute Boyfriend
Mars
Bokura ga Ita
Kare Kano
Paradise Kiss
Happy Hustle High
Sailor Moon
The Devil Does Exist
Wild Act
High School Debut
Sensual Phrase
Kare First Love
Fushigi Yugi
Doubt!!
Marmalade Boy
Peach Girl
Akuma De Sourou
Sand Chronicles
Ultra Cute
Black Bird
Land of the Blindfolded
Ceres Celestial Legend

These series have couples that are boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and in a relationship during the series with lots of kissing, sex, going out, break ups, engagements, marriages and couples in mature, sexual relationships.

The manga versions of these are much better, Ceres Celestial Legend manga has much more sex scenes, hundreds more kissing scenes and the couple's relationship is more emotional, passionate and they don't break up as much.

Fushigi Yugi manga also goes much deeper into the relationship, the second half of the manga which wasn't animated has the couple engaged. The relationship is much more stable in the second half of the manga, in the first half they break up a lot, in the second half they are engaged, boyfriend and girlfriend and in a committed relationship. The sex scene in volume 18 is so passionate.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-08-15 at 16:37.
Old 2008-08-28, 22:12   Link #19
romer29
Sophmore Member

Send a message via AIM to romer29
gift ~eternal rainbow~

was ok lotsa romance and very quick short 12 episode series
Old 2008-10-11, 08:52   Link #20
AceD
See You En' Tee

shuffle! seems for you

Last edited by AceD; 2008-10-11 at 09:12.
Closed Thread